Director of Communications Resume
Summary : Multi-dimensional communications professional with a background in organizational communication, training and development, and change management. Expertise in communication principles and strategies for internal, donor, customer, stakeholder, marketing and media communications. Excellent communicator with strong strategic sense who is well-organized, adaptable and quality-oriented. Demonstrated success building corporate communications department, including mentoring and managing staff, networking and building relationships at all levels and supporting communication needs for various audiences.
Skills : Strategic Communications, Corporate Communications,.
- Started and cultivated the internal communications department for ministry of 600-1400 employees, managed all department operations, tools, budget and staff.
- Vastly improved the flow of information from executive level to all staff by developing and managing the implementation of the ministry internal communications strategy.
- Enabled consistent articulation of organizational mission and priorities through strategic planning of internal and external communications, brand alignment and integration of key organizational messages.
- Improved executive and management communications by providing executive coaching and messaging and developing and implementing standard and consistent communication processes, procedures, materials and tools.
- Collaborated on messaging and communication strategies with public relations, community relations, donor communications, marketing and social media teams.
- Centralized access to critical information for all staff by implementing the organizational intranet strategy and managing the primary intranet portal, using SharePoint technology.
- Influenced and led a variety of change management efforts, including a ministry leadership transition and internal cultural change, by participating on cross-functional teams, drafting communication plans and tools and providing executive coaching and messaging.
- Supported and championed ministry re-branding efforts by contributing communications expertise and organizational knowledge in the shaping and development of brand standards, tools and communications, and leadership on the brand management team.
Master Of Arts
Director of Communications/Marketing Resume
Summary : Brand Ambassador with 10+ years experience in fine jewelry market. Gemologist with in-depth knowledge of colored gemstones and high-end jewelry sales and manufacturing. Luxury market retail sales professional & manager with strong emphasis on client experience, customer retention, and presentation of brand. Implementation of new initiatives and unique sales driving projects. Team management and training.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Written Communication, Media Relations, Marketing Communications, Marketing Strategy, Public Relations, Proposal Writing, Advertising, Copywriting, Strategic Planning, Crisis Management, Social Media Marketing, Social Media Management, Content Management, Blogging.
- Directed all constituent communications for the nation's largest organization focusing on the most prevalent mental illnesses - depression and bipolar disorder.
- Responsible for writing, editing and producing all educational materials, including a library of more than 40 patient education brochures, quarterly and monthly electronic newsletters, news releases, policy position statements and Podcasts.
- Effectively managed a budget of nearly $400k resulting in significant ROI by instituting new vendor relations protocols and increased reliance on digital and electronic publication formats.
- Served as a primary contact and facilitator for major pharmaceutical donors, sponsors and partners.
- Effectively distilled and synthesized complex medical and scientific data and information for disparate audiences - ranging from consumers and caregivers living with depression to social workers and clinicians.
- Brainstormed marketing programs for all stakeholder groups, including DBSA chapters nationwide, consumers, physicians, clinicians, and legislators.
- Developed communications protocols across a wide variety of platforms leveraging new and emergent technology.
- Issued advocacy and position statements regarding public policy related to SSRIs and other medications for people living with such mental illnesses as depression and bipolar disorder.
Master's Of Science
Director of Communications III Resume
Headline : To excel in a management position that is full time and permanent that will utilize my communication, administration, teaching, customer service and management skills.
Skills : Social Media, Social Media Management, Content Development, Content Strategy, Project Coordination, Strategic Planning, Written Communication, Marketing Communications, Graphic Design, Website Design, Email Marketing.
- Responsible for the efficient redesign of the Diocesan quarterly magazine and website - increasing overall followers and awareness.
- Leadership Chosen to serve as the key media contact for press inquiries and crisis management developed and managed a six- figure department budget to maximize outreach efforts.
- Oversaw the development of media strategies and created media materials to proactively and reactively engage with reporters on a wide range of topics.
- Commendably consulted 80+ parishes on their communications strategy, orchestrated & ran A/V for Diocesan Convention.
- Planned and executed events such as Interfaith Thanksgiving Service and the annual Bishop's Bike Ride.
- Strategy Curated and edited content for the quarterly magazine, weekly e-bulletin, and website, monitored, created, and executed marketing, social media & public relations strategy - delivering critical projects on time, under budget while exceeding all expectations in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Increased awareness and popularity of department media, through various social media and networking avenues, which includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and promotional events.
- Management Efficiently supervised administrative assistant, interns, and contractors, developing an environment focused on teamwork, productivity, and collaboration.
Master Of Arts
Director of Communications Resume
Objective : Public relations industry for more than 10 years. Worked for federal government agencies, a public relations agency and as an independent public relations consultant. Worked as a consultant for several public relations.
Skills : Brand Ambassador, Visual Merchandising Sales Procedure.
- Managed all facets of media relations, including writing press materials, pitching media, answering media inquiries and setting up media interviews and staffing press conferences and other open press events.
- Drafted speeches and talking points for use during public events and media interviews.
- Researched and developed unique story angles to pitch to mainstream media with an emphasis on human interest stories.
- Maintained close working relationships with mainstream media outlets including print, broadcast and online media and internal media such as the Foreign Press Center, American Forces Information Services, the Pentagon Channel and trade publications.
- Developed and implemented strategic communications plans for campaigns and events.
- Conducted extensive corporate and community outreach activities to inform key audiences of clients' services and to conduct publicity campaigns many involving nonprofit organizations.
- Served as a liaison between senior-level corporate and government officials and federal government agencies.
- Worked closely with press secretaries for Members of Congress and State Governors' offices to encourage participation in public relations activities to increase awareness of client services as they pertain to state, regional and local issues.
Master Of Arts
Director of Communications II Resume
Summary : To obtain a position within a company that will allow me to utilize my education and work experience for the benefit of the company as well as for personal growth and professional advancement.
Skills : Adobe InDesign, Adobe PageMaker, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, WordPress, Constant Contact Google Analytics, Social Media.
- Designed, directed and executed both internal and external communications programs for the Bridgeport Regional Business Council and its six affiliates; the Bridgeport, Stratford and Trumbull Chambers of Commerce, Business Economic Development Corporation, Leadership Greater Bridgeport and the Women's Leadership Council.
- Initiated projects, concepts, activities that promote BRBC programs, membership opportunities and activities that positively position the region's business community and the membership.
- Managed and executed design and production of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual newsletters using Constant Contact along with all other email marketing materials.
- Maintained the narrative and graphic content of the BRBC website.
- Prepared and distributed Press Releases on an as needed basis in support of the organization's programs and initiatives and distribute to local media outlets.
- Prepared and distributed monthly Media Advisory in support and promotion of the organization's upcoming events.
- Designed and managed production of event invitations and other various promotional/marketing materials.
- Updated and managed all content, pictures and events posted on the BRBC Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
Bachelors Of Science
Asst. Director of Communications Resume
Summary : Proven management, leadership and supervisory skills. More than twenty years experience in communication and program/event coordination Strong leadership, management and organizational skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Quark and Adobe Creative Suite/InDesign & Photoshop. Proficient in content management for web sites/blogs, and social media outlets Experienced in writing, teaching and public speaking.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Directed all public relations associated with organizational or public interests, concerns or emphases for a congregation of 2,000 members.
- Editor and publisher of weekly promotional pieces, bi-monthly magazine and all printed media.
- Produced all TV and radio advertisements and weekly shows, brochures, flyers, signs and Powerpoint displays.
- Coordinated and hosted community events including Chamber of Commerce coffees, media familiarization tours, trade shows and community fairs.
- Supervised volunteer staff writers who assisted in the collection of information regarding the total church program, as well as paid and volunteer staff to help disseminate information and serve in public relations.
- Responsible for creating, producing and directing sermon illustrations and teaching applications for weekly sermons and weekly television show, Relevance, which aired on the Fox network in Chattanooga, TN.
- Planned, coordinated and implemented various ministry programs ranging from recreation ministry to ministry to single adults to community outreach.
- Created and gave leadership/vision to Common Bond, a ministry to women (ages 18-60) who were single, divorced, or widowed.
B.S. In Communication
Asst. Director of Communications Resume
Objective : As communications director for a 37-year-local company founded by a family of restaurateurs who hired me to help them facilitate a major transition, build up their customer base and launch a new restaurant concept. Determined to find a team of people where my contribution is valued and we realize a powerful vision together.
Skills : Communications, Organizational Leadership, Relationship.
- Managed the development and implementation of strategic communications for a $2.5B organization, with a network of over 1200 nonprofit agency members.
- Provided creative and editorial leadership and direction for digital communications and engagement campaigns resulting in increased social media presence by 9,400% on Facebook and by 3,900% on Twitter within first year.
- Implemented more effective storytelling and brand promotion through social media channels and marketing collaboration resulting in substantially increased website traffic.
- Provided crisis communication strategies for organization and key stakeholders during high-stakes national media scrutiny resulting in successful reputation management outcomes.
- Advised CEO and senior leadership on all aspects of brand and message development.
- Wrote speeches, talking points and provided media training for CEO and senior leadership.
- Organized and implemented enterprise-wide internal communication processes and best practice standards.
- Implemented national social media campaigns for government affairs and engaged legislators in advocacy efforts on Capitol Hill on behalf of people with disabilities.
M.A. In Communications
Director of Communications/Media Relations Resume
Summary : An expert at telling a company's story in a way that differentiates and elevates its brand. Passionate leader and communicator, adept at creating and driving strategies designed to achieve bottom-line results.
Skills : Leadership, Storytelling, Writing, Branding, Strategy, Media Relations, Strategic Communications, Crisis Communications, Message Training, Presenting, Coaching, Mentoring, Video Production.
- Seven seasons directing all outbound and internal communications for a resort that welcomes nearly one-million skier visits per season and employs over 1,500 workers.
- Developed and implemented strategic communications plans that encompass national, regional and local media relations, community relations, video production, special events planning, crisis communications, and digital PR.
- Systematically developed PR programs and relationships with the local, regional and national media setting Heavenly apart from the competition.
- Built and directed Heavenly's award-winning, in-house videography department.
- Heavenly was consistently among the industry leaders in online video plays.
- Managed 10 employees during the winter season, focusing on each individual's growth while fostering a team dynamic that achieves a higher level of success.
- Founded Tahoe Social, a digital marketing conference designed to bring online influencers to Heavenly.
BA In Communication
Director of Communications I Resume
Summary : Obtain a position at a company where I can maximize my management skills, training experience and utilized my customer service skills to improve customer satisfaction. Abilities Experienced in managing, supervising and coordinating the activities of clerical and administrative support workers.
Skills : Award winning writer and graphic designer Accredited by the Public Relations Society of America.
- Defined communications platform for the company's pivot into enterprise services.
- Oversaw public relations, analyst relations, content marketing, and social media strategies, leveraging thought leadership and education-driven messaging architecture.
- Led media relations efforts with business, technology, trade, and consumer outlets, securing dozens of feature stories; including Wall Street Journal, Wired, Forbes, TechCrunch, Hollywood Reporter, and San Francisco Business Times.
- Analyst Relations: Participated in briefings and commissioned research with industry analysts to increase company mind share and define thought leadership positioning.
- Content Marketing: Created content and determined distribution channels for lead generation.
- Comprehensive program included print and digital assets, garnering hundreds of leads for direct sales and eCommerce teams.
- Restructured social media strategy to center on content marketing efforts and broadcaster community engagement.
- Fostered relationships with advocates and crafted case studies to better educate current and potential customers.
Bachelor's In Communications
Lead Director of Communications Resume
Summary : Experienced senior level fundraising and marketing professional producing measurable results for a variety of exemplary non profit organizations and for profit companies. Dedicated to excellence, efficiency and fostering good will.
Skills : Exceptional computer, organizational and communication skills, experienced in all microsoft word applications and organizing events.
- Directed the marketing, sales and public relations department for country's largest yoga center.
- Created and implemented multi-level communications plan to overcome a public relations crisis, which caused a 30% loss of business and a $4 million deficit.
- Halted negative publicity with a series of positive news feature stories highlighting the Yoga Center's charitable works.
- Introduced sales closing techniques to reservations staff resulting in record increases.
- Reduced communications budget by $250,000, which increasing sales by 40% in two years.
- Restructured entire print operation doubled direct mail reach without increasing expenses.
- Created new communications department; hired six new employees and established stable of cost-effective freelance writers, designers and supplier Established ongoing media placement plan, which resulted in 19,000,000 reader impressions.
- Created new ad slogans and managed the art direction of five publications which supported the Center in exceeding its revenue projections two years running.
BA In Communications
Director of Communications/Executive Resume
Summary : Managing global communications for iTunes it grew to become the world's leading music and digital content platform. While serving as Communications Director for Spotify it doubled its worldwide active user base in under a year.
Skills : Corporate Communications, PR, Publicity, Issue Management,.
- Managed communication and outreach strategies in 43rd Ward.
- Wrote and pitched media communication materials, including press releases, advisories and earned media pieces, to generate interest in broad-based policy initiatives and items of local interest.
- Created engaging communications to address current issues, inspire action and keep relevant audiences informed, including the creation of content for digital newsletters sent to a distribution list of more than 20,000.
- Provided communications counsel to Alderman.
- Crafted speeches, talking points, and conducted media training to ensure communications were engaging and accurate.
- Directed the logistical and substantive planning and implementation of large scale event attended by more than 250 individuals and dependent upon the solicitation of donations from more than 50 local businesses.
- Served as a liaison among local businesses and organizations to draft legislative resolutions and facilitate events for honorees at meetings of the Council.
B.A. In Communication
Director of Communications Resume
Summary : Dynamic communicator with more than 15 years marketing, communications and public relations experience. Successfully directing leadership, corporate, social media and Web communications strategies, brand management, community relations programs and special events. Budget and personnel oversight. Willing to travel and relocate.
Skills : Messaging, Proposals, Partnerships, Media relations, Marketing.
- Responsible for communicating the Community Foundation's strategic mission to key constituents, including donors, volunteers, professional advisors, nonprofits, media, and the local community, through written and electronic avenues.
- Implemented redesign of YCCF website to reflect organization's mission and strategy; maintained content through CMS.
- Streamlined design and content of annual report to reflect industry best practices, including printed and online content.
- Report distributed to more than 4,000 community stakeholders.
- Wrote and disseminated press releases and opinion pieces to a wide network of media contacts.
- Designed and created electronic and print communications that reported strategic accomplishments and helped build endowment by more than $40 million since 2008.
- Spearheaded branding campaign, including new logo, for YCCF's 50th anniversary; won $5,000 competitive grant from Moxie Design and Marketing for logo redesign.
- Wrote remarks for President and board chair for large annual events.
M.A. In French Studies