Orthopedic Technician Resume
Summary : To obtain a challenging position that will allow to utilize experience and education within your organization. Currently in the process of relocation to the greater area.
Skills : Physical Therapy, Patiant Care And Placement. Management, Instructor, Public Speaking.
- Oversee new and recurrent training of employees.
- Negotiate sales on new and present product inventory.
- Manage purchasing of orthotics, traction, and other medical equipment in partnership with ordering physicians.
- Communicate commonly with physicians, patients, and family members regarding typical work in hospitals, nursing care facilities, and offices of occupational, physical or speech therapists.
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare and legal regulations.
- Checked patients in and out; coordinated and scheduled surgeries and admission.
- Applied and removed dressings, casts, splints, braces, and soft items on patients.
B.A. In Management
Sr. Orthopedic Technician Resume
Summary : Seeking a position in an office environment, where there is a need for a variety of office management tasks including - computer knowledge, organizational abilities, business intelligence and database program use.
Skills : Project Management, Team Leadership, Computer Literate.
- Interacted with health care team consisting of physicians, practitioners, nurses, and x-ray technicians to plan and implement care for acute and sub-acute orthopedic patients.
- Ordered and maintained orthopedic supply inventory and equipment valued at $350,000.
- Fabricated casts, splints, and other orthopedic devices using fiberglass, plaster and plastic materials.
- Educated patients in use of crutches, walkers, and other devices to aid ambulation.
- Assessed comfit, fit and safety of applied orthopedic devices.
- Entered application techniques and materials used, patient responses, and a short narrative in both paper and computer medical records.
- Skills Used Written and verbal communication, material management, physical and radio-graphic assessment, manual fabrication using plaster, fiberglass and moldable plastics.
Associate In Liberal Arts
Jr. Orthopedic Technician Resume
Objective : To obtain a Orthopedic Technician position within a health care organization to provide quality care based on a patient-centered approach, utilizing knowledge and training as an Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner collaborating with years of nursing experience.
Skills : Clerical, Accounting, Customer Service, Filing, Quickbooks, Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Communications.
- Performing duties, which are directly related to physical care of patients during rehabilitation.
- Monitoring and adjustments of continuous passive motion (CPM) device on patients as indicated by physician orders.
- Adjustments of AV-impulse system devices (plexipulse).
- Taking vital signs at interval based on post-operative date as indicated by physician.
- Assisting nursing staff with measurements of patient's Hemo-vac and urinary output.
- Assist nursing staff with bathing, feeding and bandage changes when necessary.
- Performing neurovascular check distal to surgical site at interval indicated by physician.
MS In Nursing
Orthopedic Technician III Resume
Objective : Dedicated 16 years of Orthopedic experience seeking employment at a healthcare facility where quality patient care is the standard.
Skills : Microsoft, Epic, Meditech, data entry.
- Assists in managing daily operations of the clinic supporting six providers and five technicians.
- Coordinates and monitors clinical/surgical schedules.
- Conducts routine wound management in a clinical and hospital environment.
- Performs as a surgical first assistant on all orthopedic cases.
- Coordinates with medical representatives for delivery of specialty instruments and equipment used in surgical procedures.
- Coordinates with supply companies for delivery of clinical instruments, supplies and equipment used in Clinical operations.
- Applies casts, splints, traction, dressings, prepares injections, and orders x-rays according to provider's orders.
- Sterilizes instruments for in-office use.
Orthopedic Technician II Resume
Objective : Skilled State Orthopedic Technician with primary experience on Med-Surg Unit in a hospital setting seeking a full time position in an hospital facility where the skills. Possess can be employed to enhance the quality of patient care and raise the customer service experience.
Skills : Very well versed in clinical as well as Operating room enviornments.
- Assisted 20 physicians and one Podiatrist with orthopedic treatment and fabrication, adjustments and fitting for braces.
- Conducted training for residents and students in orthopedic casting and splinting techniques.
- Maintained patient consults for orthopedic service, directed calls for appointments and patient questions throughout the clinic.
- Managed over 200 maintenance work orders during service renovations ensuring all newly renovated rooms were serviceable for patient care.
- Aided in the preparation for Joint Commission Survey.
- Conducted four casting and splinting classes for over 120 Air National Guardsmen and Air Force Reservist.
- Conducted Combat Life Saver and Evacuation training.
Orthopedic Technician I Resume
Objective : Highly energetic and experienced Adult Day Program Director with strong background in education and administration. Able to manage staff and large groups of Individuals with Special Needs. Deeply mindful of all parental concerns and State Regulations.
Skills : Orthopedic technician certification e.g.k technician.
- Oversaw daily operations for a high volume Orthopedic Practice that see 40 plus clients per day.
- Scheduled appointments for multiple physicians using Epic systems.
- Refilled medications at the request of patients or pharmacy.
- Implemented continuous improvement in process changes and maintained inventory, supplies for 4 locations.
- Referred patients out to appropriate facilities as directed for imaging.
- Monitor new and returning patient contacts; acting as a general liaison between provider and patient.
- Assist with procedures such as aspirations, suture and staple removal; application of cast, removal of cast/splints, or dressing change, check vitals.
Asst. Orthopedic Technician Resume
Summary : Certified Medical Assistant with 10+ years' work handling confidential paperwork, administering medication, and providing quality patient care. Adept at taking vital signs and performing venipuncture, injections, and catheterizations.
Skills : Athletic Training, Medical Terminology, Medical Assisting, Customer Service, Phlebotomy, Orthopedic Tech.
- Perform injections, dressing changes, and prepared patients for diagnostic tests.
- Assisted physician with patients' procedures, treatments, and examinations, (preparation, positioning, supplies, equipment).
- Identified barriers to safety and proactively worked towards solutions.
- Took vital signs and recorded information into patient records.
- Prep patient for orthopedic cases, set up rooms for specified cases, and assist surgeon and surgical techs during surgery.
- Skills Used Heavy lifting and critical thinking.
- Build a custom-made brace are leather for Lacer and Gauntlet.
Associate Orthopedic Technician Resume
Objective : Orthopedic Technician to effectively deliver the appropriate patient care, as it relates to orthopedic and surgical services, under the guidance and supervision of licensed personnel.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Accurately prepares room & patient for examinations, therapeutic measures and procedures assuring all needed equipment and supplies are available prior to the start of the exam.
- Maintains or assists with appropriate and accurate health record storage systems.
- Provides patient/parent education as requested.
- Performs or assists with the performance of specialized testing and examinations.
- Assist with routine and emergency orthopedic procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Provides patients with the utmost care and attention.
Orthopedic Technician/Specialist Resume
Objective : Responsible for their safety during any type of training. Provide patient care in both clinic and field environments. Take care of their medical and dental records, and update them annually to keep all of the marines deployable.
Skills : Used Multiple EMR To Include EMA And Centricity.
- Open the clinic each morning and ensure clinic areas are ready for patients.
- Escort patients to exam rooms and order required x-ray testing or cast removal.
- Assist physicians with exams and provide direct patient care as needed.
- Complete pre-op surgical screening for surgical scheduling staff.
- Apply and remove all types of fiberglass casts and splints which includes short/long arm, short/long leg and cylinder casts and orthotic molds as needed.
- Perform required lab work as needed and complete referrals for outside services.
- Fit patients for braces such as CAM Walkers, Wrist Splints, Orthotics and instruct in cane/crutch walking.
Orthopedic Technician Resume
Objective : Over 13 years of medical and clinical experience and a strong record of performance in conducting orthopedic procedures, cast application, injections and implementing organizational systems used for efficient and effective patient care within these areas as well as providing indirect patient care and patient registration with effective communication between departments.
Skills : Applies, Adjusts, And Removes Casts, Assembles Traction.
- Casting, splinting, and bracing of patients.
- Removed sutures, staples, Steinman pins, dressings and wound care.
- Dispensed DME including functional custom and prefabricated braces.
- Completed paperwork for insurance billing.
- Able to consistently maintain patient flow during clinic by assisting staff rooming patients or providing patient care.
- Promote effective communication to physicians, patients, and staff.
- Detail oriented from a military trained background.