PCT (Patient Care Technician) Resume
Headline : Motivated Patient care technician, with a highly effective communication style. Efficient worker who demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills. Patient and family-focused, with exceptional customer service, and patient satisfaction, who is seeking employment within your company. To find a position with a stable company that utilizes my skills and experience in the Emergency Medical field. Seeking long term employment with growth opportunities.
Skills : Patient Support, Analytical Problem Solver, Documentation, HIPAA Compliance, Vital Signs, Phlebotomy, Collaborative, Certified Nursing Assistant, Clerical
- Assisting other health care members in providing patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measures where appropriate - Online Clearance Monitoring (OLC), Adequacy Monitoring Program (AMP), Urea Kinetic Modeling (UKM), and regarding disease process/access.
- Welcoming assigned patients and inquire as to their wellbeing since their last treatment.
- Evaluating vascular access for patency and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Performing vascular access evaluation pre-treatment and report unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Performing vascular access cannulation and report any difficulties in cannulation or unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Performing administration of Heparin as delegated or as allowed by state law.
- Initiating dialysis treatment according to prescribed orders including blood flow and dialysate flow.
- Evaluating intradialytic problems and providing intervention as prescribed by physician order or as directed.
- Monitoring patients' response to dialysis therapy and report any unusual findings to nurse supervisor.
- Obtaining vital signs prior to reinfusion, performing all relevant functions necessary for the discontinuation of treatment.
Patient Care Technician Resume
Summary : Efficient and reliable Patient Care Technician with 2 years experience in a hospital setting on the Mother/Baby unit and Cardiac Telemetry unit. I assist with technical nursing treatments, supported diagnostic procedures and chart resident records.
Skills : CPR/First Aid Certified, EKG Certified, Feeding Assistance, Expert Bladder Scan, Dementia, And Alzheimer's Knowledge, Hardworking Patient-focused Care
- Maintained accurate records of patient care, condition, progress and concerns.
- Responded appropriately to the physical, emotional and developmental needs of patients.
- Assisted patients with bathing, oral hygiene, grooming, feeding, and elimination.
- Helped patients move in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, and automobiles.
- Performed procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, including blood draws, foley catheter removal and EKGs.
- Cared for clients with diagnoses such as respiratory failure, Diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and Muscular Dystrophy.
- Assisted nurses with wound care for pressure ulcers, bed sores, and surgical site wounds.
- Supported diagnostic procedures, assisted with technical nursing treatments and entered information in patient records and charts.
- Reported any unusual circumstances in the patients' condition or environment.
- Collected patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output, and other delegated measurements.
High School Diploma
Patient Care Technician (CNA) Resume
Headline : An ambitious Patient Care Technician/ Unit Secretary with excellent interpersonal skills looking to expand my nursing education, skills, and knowledge. Aspiring to utilize my passion for learning and growing professionally within a dynamic healthcare environment. To work in a challenging and stimulating environment which provides the opportunity to use my current managerial and administrative experience to enrich my knowledge, while enhancing my experience; and contributing towards the achievement of organizational goals by applying my professional skills.
Skills : Microsoft Suite, Epic, Data Entry, Data Analysis, HIPAA, Osha, Medical Terminology, Meditech, Customer Service, Specimen Collection, QA, Training
- Providing care to reflect the varying ages and needs of a diverse population over the full course of the patient's life span.
- Reporting abnormal vital signs, and any important patient information to the charge nurse immediately.
- Maintaining constant vigilance over patients taking necessary safety precautions, including hourly rounding (call lights within reach, bed in the lowest position, etc. ).
- Maintaining patients' rooms in a neat, orderly and safe manner with the clear walk-in area.
- Respecting the privacy and security of patients' personal healthcare information.
- Assuming direct patient care responsibilities as assigned by the charge nurse.
- Assisting patients with meeting hygiene needs and activities of daily living.
- Assisting with ambulation, diet, dressing and undressing patients and changing the bed linen.
- Carrying out special orders or treatments as directed by the charge nurse, including special skin care specimen collection intake and output measures vital signs compresses preoperative and postoperative care enemas observe the patient's condition and report immediately any unknown signs, symptoms or unusual occurrences to the charge nurse or clinical nurse manager.
Patient Care Technician (Emergency) Resume
Headline : Competent and compassionate Emergency Department Patient Care Technician with 5 plus years of experience In a Health care industry. Assisted with Technical Nursing treatments, supported Diagnostic procedures and charted patient records. Interested in a full-time role as Patient care technicians in a top-notch healthcare facility. To obtain a position that will allow me to build my clinical skills while helping to improve the overall level of service to patients through excellent medical assistance and organization.
Skills : Certified Medical Assistant, Patient Care Certified, Nursing Assistant, Quick Problem Solver, Medical Procedures, Medical Terminology, Vital Signs, Patient Transport, CPR First Aid, Customer Service
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Recorded patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepared treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Collected blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens and prepared them for testing.
- Helped physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Operated X-ray, Electrocardiogram (EKG), or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Authorized drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Explained treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
- Performed general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Contacted medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
Patient Care Technician & Monitor Technician Resume
Summary : Patient-focused and compassionate Patient Care Technician & Monitor Technician seeking a Patient Care Technician position with a reputable organization where I can utilize my experience and skills in the nursing profession to contribute to the total well-being of patients. To obtain a position where I can utilize my skills and knowledge as a patient care technician to provide patient care services in a safe and high-quality manner.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Medical Records, Receptionist, Blood Draws, Customer Service, Sales, Cashier, Medication Administration, Fax, Powerpoint, Phones, Healthcare
- Participated in establishing and maintaining a safe home-like therapeutic environment.
- Assisted clients in developing daily living skills through instruction and example.
- Communicated with clients' families, legal guardians and support personnel.
- Assisted in the implementation of programs to control maladaptive behaviors including aggression.
- Trained clients in vocational, socialization, and independent living skills.
- Planned and scheduled recreational and therapeutic activities for clients.
- Listened to clients and helped with perception, self-realization, or orientation.
- Participated in clients' behavioral modification programs to facilitate social acceptance.
- Responded with appropriate action to all emergency situations, medical and behavioral crises.
- Provided and presents a variety of teaching methods for work skill training when age appropriate.
GED in General
EEG Technician/ Patient Care Technician Resume
Summary : Professional EEG Technician/ Patient Care Technician with over 10 years of experience seeking to build a long-term career with an employer that enables me to learn, implement new ideas for the betterment of the organization, which will let me utilize my skills, experiences, and provides me with advancement opportunities. To obtain a position within an organized facility that will enable me to utilize my skills, education, experience, and passion to contribute to the success of something greater than myself.
Skills : Medical Assisting, EKG, Vitals, Injection, Venipuncture, Suturing, Charting, NYS EMT-B Care And Transport, Computer Work, Management, Medical Terminology
- Answered patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients' needs.
- Provided physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, walking.
- Reviewed patient's dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure the patient receives appropriate diet.
- Recorded vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
- Gathered information from caregivers, nurses, or physicians about patient condition, treatment plans, or appropriate activities.
- Observed patients to detect symptoms that may require medical attention, such as open wounds, or blood in the urine.
- Documented patient's behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Reported changes in patient's conditions and answered call lights promptly.
A.A. in Nursing
Patient Care Technician I Resume
Summary : Patient Care Technician I with various training certificates in the field of medical patient care seeking to join a new environment and contribute my expertise in health care administration. My goal is to alleviate the discomfort that the patient feels due to their limited health condition. To acquire a position in a clinical laboratory setting. A position that will allow me to use my educational experience to further my professional career. Seeking a full-time position that will contribute to my growth and success, as well as the company.
Skills : Microsoft, Computer, Medical Terminology, Medical Records, Customer Service, Data Entry, Inventory Management
- Set-up/tear down/operated the hemodialysis machine and inspect equipment settings throughout patient treatment.
- Responsible for the initiation of hemodialysis treatment, monitoring, and termination of hemodialysis treatment.
- Performed cannulation using aseptic technique for needle insertion and all other required procedures.
- Monitored patients throughout their hemodialysis treatment including recording vital signs, machine checks, emergency interventions and tend to miscellaneous patient needs.
- Performed patient inquiries regarding well being since last treatments and reported observations to the RN.
- Obtained blood samples/culture specimens and prepare for shipment/pick-up.
- Well trained in OSHA, infection control, adverse event training, and JCAHO inspections.
- Trained/performed in opening/closing of RO system on a daily/nightly basis, as well as all additional opening/closing responsibilities.
- Performed wound dressing changes, EKG's, bladder scans and obtained specimens on patients.
Lead Patient Care Technician Resume
Headline : A dedicated Lead Patient Care Technician seeking Certified Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Representative or Medical Assistant positions, where my skills and abilities can be utilized with the potential for future growth and development. To obtain employment that utilizes both my past work history experience and skills as well as allows for future professional growth.
Skills : CPR Certified, EKG, Patient Care, Blood Pressure Monitoring, Medical Terminology, Medical Records, Receptionist, Blood Draws
- Promoted the clients or patient's mental alertness by involving them in activities.
- Participated in in-service education programs and patient care conferences as requested by the health care team.
- Completed required documentation and submitting it to the health care team in a timely and accurate manner.
- Observed and reported any minor changes in the client or patient's mental, physical, or home situation or emotional condition to a designee or nurse in a well-timed manner.
- Monitored vital signs and reported any variation from normal readings to a designee or nurse in a well-timed manner.
- Performed or assisted client or patients with certain medications or treatments, which are ordered, self-administered by the physician, supervised and approved by a nurse.
- Reviewed and reinforced with patient/family education of basic technical procedures, activities/safety of daily living to ensure understanding.
- Performed a variety of activities to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the unit's environment.
Bachelor Of Science
Patient Care Technician II Resume
Objective : Experienced and dependable Patient Care Technician skilled with providing excellent direct patient care, accurately documenting on patients care and safety, and thinking quickly in emergency situations, looking to expand knowledge in an office setting. My goal is to obtain a position in a professional atmosphere, utilizing my past customer service experience, as well as my skills as a PCT, medical assistant, Unit Secretary, Transfer Center Coordinator, and medical records clerk.
Skills : Epic, Critical Care, Critical Thinking, EKG, Phlebotomy, Medical Records, Receptionist, Typing 48+ Wpm, CPR And BLS Certified
- Weighed patient, took temperature and blood pressure pre and post dialysis.
- Performed and recorded patient observation: vital signs and all other parameters of ESRD patients, obtained blood samples and culture specimens and prepares for shipment.
- Reviewed dialysis orders, noted the general physical and mental condition of the patient through observations and interview, provided data to determine compliance to a dietary or medical regimen.
- Provided chronic hemodialysis therapy, recommended a dialysis plan for ultra filtration to RN, initiated dialysis via approved accesses, observed all safety measures, monitored patient vital signs applicable to critically ill patients, administered fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as directed, document activity appropriately.
- Collected patient data, monitored and documented the status of vascular accesses, reviewed lab work, patient observations, and seek guidance when levels are out of "normal" range for ESRD patients.
- Performed the following only under the direction of an RN instruct patients in the care of fistulas and other open wounds.
- Set up and monitored dialysis machines and systems: observed dialysis machines and RO water system for correct functioning, responded to visual and audible alarms and made appropriate adjustments pre, during and after the dialysis treatment.
- Performed and assisted patients completely with personal hygiene needs, including bathing, grooming, skin care, oral hygiene, dressing, and toileting needs.
Associate Of Science
Patient Care Technician Resume
Headline : A self-directed enthusiastic Patient Care Technician/ Unit Clerk with a passionate commitment to job development and learning, seeking to obtain a professional position that would allow advancement through effective educational skills and knowledge. To obtain a challenging position that allows me to utilize my current skills to assist in the healthcare field that offers stable employment and growth opportunity. I am also eager to learn new skills and ready to work.
Skills : Clerical, Sales And Marketing, Patient Care, Customer Service, Retail Sales, Retail Management, Medical Billing, Media Relations, Sales Management
- Prepared specimens for analysis and established proper chronological priorities in testing.
- Provided primary resident care and assistance with daily living activities.
- Worked as part of a team to execute proper care of body mechanics and safety of the patient.
- Provided quality nursing care in accordance with resident care policies and procedures.
- Escorted patients to examination rooms and prepared them for physician exams.
- Recorded patients' medical history, vital statistics and test results in medical records.
- Cleaned and sterilized instruments and disposed of contaminated supplies.
- Coordinated with doctors and registered nurses to develop care plans for patients.
- Maintained inventory levels of stock items, supplies, and equipment to provide for efficient and cost-effective unit operation.
Certified Nursing Assistant