Director Of Surgical Services Resume
Summary : An innovative, results oriented administrator with a strong medical and business background and over 20 years of leadership experience. Proven track record in operations management, sales management, strategic planning, and new business development.
Skills : Healthcare Administration, Operation management, Leadership.
- Managed financial turnaround of the company's Outpatient Surgery business.
- Demonstrated expertise in planning, marketing, team building, and client/patient relations.
- Reviewed and analyzed all operational and clinical systems.
- Developed simple case costing process to maximize revenue flow.
- Revamped surgical scheduling tools, flow/process and engaged office schedulers to increase Physician case volumes in centers.
- Made significant changes to improve function and flow within the centers.
- Integrated Hip Arthroscopies into centers.
Associates In Nursing
Asst. Director Of Surgical Services Resume
Summary : Worked in healthcare entire career. Gone from staff positions to management to being a director and finally a consultant. Looking now for a new challenge. Extensive years of experience and can offer expertise in management, development of programs and running departments.
Skills : Operation Management, Excellent communication, Leadership.
- Responsible for Surgery, PACU, Pre-Operative Area (Pre-Op), Pre-admission Testing (PAT), Anesthesia, Surgical Services Support (Administrative) and Surgery Scheduling.
- Included 3 new operating rooms, staff lounge, surgeon lounge, office space, OR pharmacy, storage in PACU.
- Designed, developed and oversaw the expansion of PACU.
- Created a three-stage recovery room Phase I acute care, Phase II less acute, and Phase III a 4-6 hour extended stay area.
- Developed annual fiscal budget and monitored monthly.
- Developed business plan and started program for da Vinci Robot.
- Worked within a Shared Governance Nursing Model Committees or Operations Team.
Masters In Health Services
Associate Director Of Surgical Services Resume
Headline : Strong administrative and organization abilities, excellent interpersonal skills Computer skills including: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Meditech, Cerner Millineum, Lotus Notes, and Internet Explorer.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Marketing And Branding, Sales, Event Planning.
- Presented Bartlett Regional Hospital is a 76 bed acute care hospital, including an Adult Behavioral Unit and a Chemical Dependency Recovery Center.
- Operated as an entity of the City and Borough with a board that is responsible for the economic viability and management oversight.
- Responsible for the Surgical Services Department, including a 4 room OR, plus Endoscopy suite, PACU, Sterile Processing and Surgery areas.
- Responsible for a team of 44 staff members, including 2 Clinical Assistant Managers.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Responsible for maintaining CMS and Joint Commission readiness at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
Masters Of Science
Sr. Director Of Surgical Services Resume
Summary : Strong administrative and organization abilities, excellent interpersonal skills Computer skills including: Meditech, Cerner Millineum, and Internet Explorer Dedicated, Responsible, Honest, Dependable, and Trustworthy.
Skills : Marketing, Branding, Sales, Event Planning.
- Oversaw 21 operating room suites, 2 cardiothoracic suites, 9 main operating room suites, including cysto suite, 7 ambulatory suites.
- Attended conferences and seminars on techniques for better improving the operating room.
- Interviewed and recruited staff for surgical services.
- Recruited approximately 15 nurses, which are certified for the institution.
- Managed budget for perioperative services Educational Activities.
- Evaluated new employees with circulating and scrubbing technique weekly.
- Acclimated to strict productivity expectations.
Director Of Surgical Services/Specialist Resume
Summary : Obtain a Per Diem Family Nurse Practitioner in an outpatient setting using experience to educate and treat patients, and their caregivers.
Skills : Nursing, Operation management, Healthcare.
- Director of Surgical Services Responsible the Surgical Services Department, including a 4 room OR, plus Endoscopy suite, PACU, Sterile Processing, Preadmission Testing, and Same Day Surgery areas.
- Performed over 200 hip cases/year.
- Leveraged staffing and equipment to offer Pain Management services on days with low surgical volumes.
- Responsible for hiring, development and daily oversight of all administrative, clinical and Anesthesia staff.
- Updated job descriptions.
- Created goals and metrics for all positions.
- Developed Nurse Manager incentive program.
Jr. Director Of Surgical Services Resume
Objective : Results-oriented professional with a strong medical background, specializing in surgical services 20+ years. Communicator, persuasive, adaptable, Self-motivated with high energy.
Skills : Management Educator, Trainer, Innovative solutions.
- Provided a number of medical disciplines in a state of the art multi-specialty outpatient surgical center.
- Provided patients, the highest quality of care in a comfortable, convenient surrounding and highly experienced board.
- Provided personalized attention to meet patients' specific needs.
- Developed and established all equipment, instrumentation and supplies for surgery.
- Hired/managed staff for surgery, endoscopy, pharmacy, material management and scheduling departments.
- Communicated with surgeons, administration, staff, and outside sales representatives, regarding supplies.
- Maintained records on clinical education/in services and other requirements for staff.
BS In Nursing
Director Of Surgical Services/Consultant Resume
Summary : Extensive years of experience and can offer expertise in management, development of programs and running departments. Worked in healthcare. Gone from staff positions to management to being a director and finally a consultant.
Skills : Management, Healthcare, Operation management.
- Responsible for Surgery, Pre-Operative Area, Pre-admission Testing, etc.
- Created and implemented a pre-operative holding area and a second stage recovery room.
- Directed surgery department and staff through a complete change of Anesthesiologists.
- Responsible for maintaining CMS readiness at all times.
- Developed and implemented processes within the department.
- Responsible for outpatient center, within annual revenue.
- Responsible for budgetary process.
Masters In Health Services
Director Of Surgical Services/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Director of Surgical Services is responsible for the management of a department that provides surgical care to patients in the hospital.
Skills : Operating room, Nursing and Time management.
- Responsible and accountable for the departments of Surgery and Central Sterile Processing.
- Created an environment and culture which promotes professional growth.
- Managed 72 FTEs and developed an annual department operating budget.
- Collaborated with the Director of Perioperative Services to implement a surgical care improvement project.
- Reduced delays in surgical cases and decreased the possibility of staff endangerment.
- Coordinated successful Joint Commission and IDPH surveys.
- Initiated the patient/family surgical liaison position, improving communication between the surgical team, the recovery area, and patients' families.
Director Of Surgical Services III Resume
Summary : Proven abilities in developing a partnership with physicians and the healthcare team to foster communication, patient safety, and positive outcomes. Skilled in developing strategies and coordinating with all departments.
Skills : Program Development, Foster communication, Patient safety, and developing strategies.
- Implemented Open Heart Program.
- Developed Surgical Procedure Protocols for all surgical specialties.
- Focused on identifying, analyzing and implementing methods for improving internal efficiencies in all areas.
- Responsible for staff coverage of all licensed and non-licensed personne.
- Responsible for 6 or Suites between Main Operating Room and Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Worked with physicians, and practice administrators.
- Recruited and selected High-quality mentorship.
Masters In Health Services
Director Of Surgical Services Resume
Objective : Department of Defense secret security clearance. Member of International Nursing Honor Society. Manage and oversee vendors and per staff. Established and implemented policies, procedures, and best practices.
Skills : Speak, read, and write Spanish fluently, AORN, Excellent interpersonal and computer skills.
- Managed the Main Campus or Suites, an off-site Surgery Center, and the Pain Clinic.
- Recruited four new surgeons and three new specialties: ENT, dental surgery, and plastic surgery.
- Improved Sterile Processing from an almost defunct, dysfunctional department.
- Assisted in implementing CPOE to the surgeons and surgical staff.
- Provided for orientation, in-service training, continuing education and annual performance.
- Implemented the "See it, Say it, Fix it" program to improve teamwork.
- Implemented a corrective action plan for the Main Campus and Surgery Center to rectify deficiencies.
Master Of Science