Electrical Designer Resume
Summary : To apply education and work experience in a challenging, creative, and stable environment. Excellent communication and time management skills along with the ability to adapt to change and handle multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines.
Skills : Autocad, Microsoft Office, Root Cause Analysis, MRP, Process Improvement, Lean Six Sigma, Project Management, Electrical Control Panel Design, Change Management, Technical Writing, Sheet Metal Design, Electrical System Design.
- Responsible for design and drafting of schematics, physical layouts, and enclosures for both electromechanical and solid state control panels.
- Installations were required to meet UL standards, the National Electrical Code, plus applicable state building and environmental codes - in addition to customer specifications.
- Updated and upgraded the schematics for preexisting electromechanical (ladder logic) control system for below-grade equipment shelters.
- Designed conduit layouts and assessed building layouts for correctness under applicable electrical rules and codes.
- Implemented programmable logic controllers of various brands and styles within telecom equipment shelters for HVAC control and building alarm reporting.
- Designed shelter electrical distribution systems from standard 120/240 single phase through 480 3 phase systems, with and without backup standby generators.
- Designed electrical enclosures (cabinets) in Autocad, then created laser programs using Merry Mechanization SMP/IS software.
- Created a drawing/bill of material matrix to support the sale and submittal of waste water lift stations without engineering input; after sale, these would be reviewed by engineering and released for manufacture.
Sr. Electrical Designer Resume
Objective : Capabilities 14 years in an industrial production environment. 4 years as an Electrical Apprentice followed by 8 months as an Electrical Inspector. 6 years as an Electrical Designer 3 years as a Dimensional Control/Metrology Technician.
Skills : Controls Design, AutoCAD 2D, 3D and AutoCAD Electrical.
- Perform design assignments in accordance with general work instructions and standardized practices and procedures Layout and detail drawings according to design proposals and standard specifications and practices.
- Investigate and compile data required to develop a design.
- Consult with company personnel to resolve design problems related to manufacturing, material or quality requirements.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of finished drawings; ascertaining that designs and drawings conform to established specifications.
- Determine design characteristics and component configuration; investigate pertinent design factors such as availability of materials, interchangeability.
- Engineering Liaison- Evaluated and resolved engineering related production problems related to manufacturing, design, quality and material engineering.
- Analyzed engineering specifications and drawings; confers with quality, material, manufacturing and subcontractors to provide and obtain technical information; investigates reports of defective, damaged or malfunctioning parts, assemblies, equipment or systems; and reviews production schedules and orders.
Jr. Electrical Designer Resume
Objective : Dependable self motivated electrical designer with 26 years of experience. Demonstrate ability to work with minimal supervision in a high pressured, teamed based, deadline oriented environment.
Skills : PLC, HMI, Controls, Project Management, Purchasing, Electrical Design, Troubleshooting, SCADA, Servo Control, OPC Server, Management Experience, Customer Support, Report Preparation.
- Work closely with engineering companies managing electrical design on large capital projects.
- Design small capital projects by working closely with the project managers.
- Prepare loop diagrams, PIDs, as well as instrument installation details.
- Prepare bid documents for estimates from Electrical bidders -Work closely with electricians in the field during construction and start-up.
- Manage over 30,000 site drawing documents using Meridian and keep drawing storage room in order.
- Successfully added a new drawing database called Meridian to manage a large amount of Acad Drawings, PDFS from vendor system drawings and hand-drawn drawings.
- Updated all the MCC single-line diagrams that were very outdated.
Electrical Designer III Resume
Headline : Highly qualified electrical designer/analyst with over eighteen years of experience in the ship building, aircraft and oilfield industries. Capable of managing a diversity of routine functions and projects in a fast-paced, computerized corporate environment.
Skills : Excel, Email, Powerpoint, Project Management, Autocad.
- Responsible for the design of major components or major portions of a functional system to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations according to Electrical Cog of that system.
- Develop basic data and make preliminary layouts, sketches & notes necessary to present design proposal.
- Coordinate with other organizations affected by design development.
- Responsible for checking completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures & specifications.
- Identify design errors, omissions and other deficiencies and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
- Responsible for scoping of changes required by the customer.
- Responsible for creating change paper to address issues or changes as required.
- Responsible to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
Electrical Designer I Resume
Objective : Electrical engineer experienced in industrial, commercial and manufacturing project work. Work independently with engineers, contractors, vendors and clients to mitigate solutions. Recognized as a strong team player, diligent, hardworking and with flexible work style willing to modify schedule as required meeting deadlines and client needs.
Skills : Electrical wiring, NEC Code knowledge, PLC programming, Instrumentation, Electrical design, Blueprint drafting/reading, project/crew management.
- Performed and calculated voltage drop, flicker, fault current, transformer loading, and conductor sizing.
- Project manager for large distribution projects including design through construction.
- Performed design audits and correct any deviations from company standards and procedures.
- Created, assembled, print, and deliver construction plans including material lists and estimated work hours.
- Track and manage the ordering of long-lead items for high profile projects.
- Coordinated with 3rd party utilities and cities for common use pole lines in conjunction with joint use contracts.
- Individual contributor who works independently and can also mentor other engineering professionals.
- Provide technical leadership and direction on a corporate or industry level in their field of expertise.
Electrical Designer II Resume
Objective : Electrical Designer Twenty (29) years Electrical and Instrument Design, Proficient in Instrument Location Drawings, PLC layout and wiring diagrams, Processor Manager wiring diagrams, Loop Sheets, Spec. Sheets and P&ID revisions. Field verification of instruments, as-builts of Instrument field junction boxes, PLC's and processor manager modules.
Skills : Autocad.
- Provided low-risk flexible factory automation products and custom systems to the semiconductor, consumer electronics, and medical device industries.
- Designed and detailed control systems for factory automation.
- Characterized and specified electrical parts and components for use in factory automation.
- Supervised technicians in assembly of factory automation control systems.
- Interfaced with customers during design reviews and project status reviews.
- Assembled and installed: computer controls and data acquisition systems; facility power distribution; robotic actuators and conveyor systems.
- Preformed debug and repair of: computer controls and data acquisition systems; facility power distribution; robotic actuators and conveyor systems.
Associate In Arts
Electrical Designer I Resume
Summary : Solar Designer with 8+ years of experience in solar installation and design. Hands on self-motivated achiever, capable of working in a team environment or as an individual contributor. Comfortable working in a high paced environment, multitasking, and effectively managing time. Excellent written and verbal communication skills adding value to internal organization success and positive customer relations.
Skills : Excel, Salesforce, Computer Ease, Autocad.
- Responsible for all aspects of residential and commercial photovoltaic electrical system design and integration.
- Create one line electrical and structural plans for all projects in AutoCAD.
- Extensive knowledge of building service equipment, building wiring, and interconnection strategies.
- Create all project support documentations to include bill of materials, construction plans and functional diagrams.
- Support administrative team working permitting issues through AHJ's.
- Primary point of contact for walking AHJ's through design documentation.
- Solid understanding of the NEC for both electrical system design and working issues through inspections.
- Responsible for code compliant PV system installations.
A.A.S. In Electrical
Electrical Designer III Resume
Objective : Proven ability to utilize inspiring leadership, personal drive, creative vision, and analytical skill to yield successful delivery of both team and individual goals, actively contributing to organizational growth.
Skills : Autocad, Linux, MS Office.
- Primary electrical designer on tenant improvement projects and new construction using AutoCAD.
- Design assist on mission critical projects.
- Performed site visits to survey existing conditions to determine scope of work to accomplish full design of owners intent.
- Performed product and equipment selection for proper ratings and capaciities.
- Performed voltage drop and de-rating calculations to ensure proper ampacity is achieved per NEC requirements.
- Reviewed submittal packages to verify project-specific products installed per design.
- Provided field observation reports to architects and owners to verify contractors build projects per plans.
Lead Electrical Designer Resume
Summary : Highly focused and reliable Electrical Drafter with comprehensive knowledge of electrical codes systems and symbols. Expert at troubleshooting small and large-scale potential system flaws. Adept at working efficiently on multiple projects. Core Qualifications managing production flow and redmarks.
Skills : PLC, Planning/Scheduling, Autocad.
- Responsible for design of electrical distribution and lighting systems for commercial, civil, retail and manufacturing projects.
- Worked closely with architects, contractors, owners, other engineering disciplines and vendors.
- Research building/electrical codes and relate to Owners, Architects, and contractors how they affect the design and execution of project at hand.
- Provide this information either verbally or in concise written documents.
- Maintained highly detailed documentation of project correspondence.
- Demonstrated professional and concise communications.
- Frequent site visits for site documentations and communications as well as due diligence.
Bachelor Of Science
Electrical Designer/Operator Resume
Headline : To attain a position of progressing responsibility within a team oriented environment where knowledge and skills are maximized.
Skills : Mechanical design, Electrical design, Electro-mechanical design, systems architecture, plant design.
- Work close with electrical engineers to construct plot plans coinciding with the electrical codes.
- Perform walk down field environments noting and measuring specifications for plot plans.
- Responsible for creating the cable tray models for clients using PDS software.
- Creat packages for projects including plot plans, one lines, details, and area classifications drawings.
- Produce elevation drawings, panel schedules, schematics and conduit cable schedules.
- Creat cable schedules and worked on cable calculations.
- Maintain a flexible schedule working long weekends.
Electrical designer Resume
Summary : Dedicated team player with extensive knowledge of electrical engineering concepts. Energetic Assistant with 18 years in construction industry. Dedicated and focused who excels at prioritizing, completing multiple tasks simultaneously and following through to achieve project goals. Seeking a role of increased responsibility and authority. Years of experience in high-level executive support roles and extremely organized and professional.
Skills : C++, Java, Python, Blender.
- Interpreted electrical and mechanical schematics, blueprints and diagrams.
- Maintained up-to-date backups, images and computers.
- Read, created, and worked from electronic blueprint drawings.
- Estimated costs of repairs to determine feasibility.
- Climbed towers, worked in confined crawl spaces and worked a flexible, non-standard workweek.
- Helped install electrical wiring during remodeling projects.
- Updated drawings, costs, and schedules, based on mechanical drawings and electrical prints.
Bachelor Of Arts