Embedded Software Engineer (Automotive) Resume
Objective : A highly motivated and drivenEmbedded Software Engineer with a focus on Data Analysis and Machine Learning. I have 5+ years of experience in Embedded Software Development for off-highway vehicles. I am eagerly looking for a Co-op where I can apply Machine Learning to Embedded Systems.
Skills : ASSEMBLY, Embedded C, PIC, PYTHON, ARM, MS Visual Studio, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS.
- The project was mainly developing a futuristic handle for a completely electric vehicle, integrated into the door trim of the car. The handle consists of CAP-Touch sensing technology along with a mechanical switch.
- Responsible for proposing a communication protocol (consists of software rev signal, CAp touch output) between door entry module (DEM) and DCU, and was successful in developing the protocol in acceptance of the client.
- Analyzing the software code for DEM test box, implementing rapid prototyping on the hardware.
- Building the electronics hardware required for the project and was involved in the core design discussions.
- Also supporting other software engineers with Piezo sensing project. Had exposure with time of flight sensor (commercial standard sensor) and IR sensors.
- Resolved software issues for various other projects on different sensing technologies.
- A member of DFMEA for the overall project and gained proficiency on FMEA pro tool.
- Planned and traced the assembly test process and developing a procedure or test plan for assembly in order to reduce the fall out of the parts at different stages of the assembly procedure.
- Supported the team in assembling the process for various versions of the DEM parts and successfully assembled almost 20 sets of parts. (1 set = 4 parts).
- Prototyping project which mainly focuses on developing a module which is a convenience or alternative switch for the liftgate.
Embedded Software Engineer I Resume
Headline : Embedded Software Engineer with 7 years of experience in the Manufacturing domain is seeking a position in the field of data analysis and strategic management.
Skills : C And C++ Operating System Linux, UNIX, VxWorks Layer 2 And Layer 3 Protocols Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN, STP, MSTP, RSTP, Link Aggregation (LACP), LLDP, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1ad (Q-in-Q), QOS, Basics Of MPLS, ARP, RARP, ICMP, BGP, OSPF Network Management Trap Management, SNMP, SFlow, Ethereal, Wireshark, Port Mirroring And Monitoring, Remote Monitoring Development Tool VI Editor Hardware OmniSwitch 6600 Family, OmniSwitch 6800 Series, OmniSwitch 6850 Series, OmniSwitch
- Developing a new feature in the Ethernet switching module driver and message handling between different sub-layers of the product software.
- Command and status passed between software modules through inter-process communication mechanism.
- Developing the feature using C, multi-threading and thread synchronization.
- Implementing port shutdown feature by configuring ports and rates based on the BCM register value through callback functions.
- Monitoring the internal ASIC and PHY registers for the Ethernet interface status change.
- Responsible for adding new SNMP MIB objects, object manipulation functions and trap for the link-flapping threshold and duration.
- Responsible for testing the feature by interacting with the testing teams.
- Detecting the hash collision in the bcm table and reporting to the network management station.
- Implementation of collision detection in vlan_mac table in the broadcoms bcm 56504 switching asic.
- Understanding BCM 5650x architecture, L2 switching and L3 routing process and the tables and registers involved.
Bachelor Of Technology
Junior Embedded Software Engineer Resume
Objective : Canadian Citizen currently living in Los Angeles, 3+ years of experience in Embedded Software Development, from setting specs/requirements, programming, debugging, hardware bring up, verification, to deploying products Broad experience from cost-optimized consumer electronics to highly reliable industrial products. Meet deadline timely and reliably, make hard technical material digestible for non-technical personnel.
Skills : Embedded Software Development, Real-time Embedded System, Hardware/Software Integration, Kernel/Device Drivers/Bootloader, Android Framework, Hardware Bring Up/Bare-metal.
- Researching and developing the new parts and products to be useful for the company.
- Designing & Developing the electrical assemblies for products according to the electrical specification.
- Designing & Developing software for electrical assemblies for products according to the technical, software, and test specifications
- Working with the Document Control to create a document package that completely specifies the design and implementation of a product.
- Working with the Purchasing and Manufacturing to handle continuing engineering on existing products and processes as requested through the Engineering Change Request (ECR) program.
- Developing application systems. This includes preparing requirement specifications, analysis, design, coding, implementation and test components of the application as assigned and according to defined application requirements.
- Writing efficient code for complex programming assignments.
- Developing comprehensive test data, conducting independent units tests and assisting in the system testing and documentation.
Embedded Software Engineer 3 Resume
Summary : Embedded Software Engineer 3 with 7 years of experience, Lead software engineer experience for over ten software components and six software teams. Division spotlight recognition for helping create, peer review, and deliver several software design documents in a matter of weeks. Two engineering performance awards for assisting multiple teams with integration for formal requirements testing. Security Clearance Active Secret.
Skills : Board Bring-up, C, C++, Linux, Embedded Software, RTOS, Initial Hardware Software Integration, System Integration, Perl, C, C++, JTAG, Device Drivers, RTOS.
- Primary roles: formal and IRAD software development, integration, and requirements sell-off.
- Joint counter radio-controlled improvised explosive device electronic warfare – (JCREW).
- Providing lab integration for the system manager software configuration item, consisting of nine software components for system encryption/decryption and external interface I/O.
- Integration testing using JTAG and UDP test messages through SMT Pro.
- Developing the time-critical software event handlers from hardware interrupts.
- Writing and formally running the tests for requirements sell-off with the customer.
- Lead software engineer for the bootloader and board support package (BSP) software components.
- Responsible for migrating the F350 BSPS and operating systems to the MUOS development branch.
- Providing operating system specific customizations for the MUOS waveform.
- Lead software engineer for the bootloader, BSP, and diagnostics software application components.
- Utilizing the OpenSSL for ecdsa encryption and sha validation to create boot authentication services.
- Installed multiple IP stacks for separation of data link traffic from internal TCP/UDP traffic.
Embedded Software Engineer I Resume
Summary : Over 8 plus years of experience in Embedded Software, including real time application development and maintainenece on VxWorks RTOS and Embedded Linux. Requirements gathering, System design, Planning, Project execution. Excellent problem solving, software debugging, and integration skills Customer interface and direct support to the customers Excellent Written and Communication skills Quick Learner, Strong team player Authorized to work in United States for any employer.
Skills : Knowledge On SONET/SDH, Linux Porting On TI DaVinciProcessor Board.Proficient In Full Software Lifecycle: Software Development Plans, Requirements Specifications, Design, Coding, Integration, Test, And Release;GNU Tool Chains Such As GNU Makefiles, GDB Debugger And Spectrum Digital JTAG Emulator With Code Composer Studio, Version Control And Configuration Management Tools
- Designed and implemented an application that calculates the cost library in terms of MIPS and memory consumed by the audio Codecs on MontaVista Linux using C.
- Integrated the third party codecs such as EVRCA/EVRCB with the telogy software designed for VoIP gateways using DM64x+ DSP.
- Testing done for the integrated features also was responsible for manual testing, unit testing, and sanity testing.
- Undergone training on DSP software architecture for VOIP gateways at the client site in Germantown, Maryland.
- Designed and implemented new features to telogy software on VoIP gateways for both high and medium density gateways on VxWorks 6.3 platform to address the severity issues.
- Handled various client accounts using Siebel software and provided support for the existing field issues on TI DSP DM64X+.
- Involved in the analysis of customer logs, the re-creation of customer reported field issues in the lab using TTL scripts, PCM data handling using cool edit tool and T1/E1 analyzers.
- Maintained the applications at various stages by reviewing code and working on bug fixes, debugging DSP using spectrum digital JTAG emulator and code composer studio.
- Played an active role in the delivery of new major releases and engineering code drops to the customers by creating and labeling new source views using IBM rational clear case.
- Preparation of design documents, statement of work, release notes, and submission for document reviews on IBM ClearQuest.
- Developed applications in C++ for software up gradation using SNMP network protocol which includes load, invoke and commit cycles on VxWorks platform.
- Developed application for viewing debug menus which includes monitoring of daily logs, weekly logs, and alarm monitoring using C++.
Bachelors Of Engineering
Senior Embedded Software Engineer Resume
Summary : Senior Embedded Software Engineer with 10 years of experience, able to work on own initiative or as part of a team and can deal with administrative duties competently. Good Interpersonal and Communication skills Able to work under pressure with fast learning qualities. Self motivated with potential for professional growth.
Skills : C, Excel, Matlab, Prototype, Software Requirements, C++, Python, SQL, Spark, Tableau, Ampl
- Designing and developing new products and maintenance of existing products, ensuring that all business objectives are met.
- Assisting the cross-functional teams in prototyping, designing, analysis, and testing.
- Assisting in the defect reduction and productivity improvement plans.
- Collecting and tracking the software defects ensuring that they are corrected in an efficient manner.
- Documenting the software requirements, design methodology, and validation results.
- Maintaining the revision control of the product software.
- Participating in the efficient and effective code reviews.
- Representing the team in a positive and professional way.
- Supporting the production through problem-solving and bringing added value by lateral thinking.
Embedded Software Engineer (Trainee) Resume
Objective : Embedded Software Engineer-Trainee with 3 years of experience in designing and developing hardware and software for the embedded systems.
Skills : MATLAB, PIC, ALGORITHM, ARM Cortex M4, Python, C, MySQL, Android, Java
- Developing firmware to control the electronics of a mass spectrometer.
- Developing firmware to communicate to a PC using ethernet via lwip stack.
- Developing firmware that would communicate with digital vacuum gauge via RS232.
- Developing firmware that would communicate with a turbo pump via RS485.
- Ported existing firmware to control a mass spectrometer from Cto C++.
- Implementing a temperature pid algorithm in firmware for use on an 8 channel heater board.
- Implementing an IQ algorithm in octave used to determine rf peak voltage of a mass spectrometer.
- Developing an embedded driver written in C to control a high voltage power supply board via SPI.
- Testing the functionality of high voltage power supply boards using oscilloscopes and dmm in mass spectrometers.
- Developing a GUI application in python to test high voltage power supply boards.
- Developing embedded self test code for a mass spectrometer main processor board to exercise RAM, NOR flash, EE, RS485, UART, FPGA data acquisition hardware.
- Wrote GUI software in QT to interface to the embedded self test software to graph the test results.
Embedded Software Engineer Resume
Objective : Around 3 years of work experience in design, development, testing of real-time embedded applications using ESP WROOM-32, C, Python and embedded development tools and cloud based client and server applications. Good understanding of embedded software design to support IoT initiative applications. Good working knowledge in C, Arduino based software development, Raspberry Pi applications
Skills : ZigBee, Arduino, Raspberry Pi, ESP-WROOM-32, ESP8266, Altera Cyclone V, DE0-nano SoC, PIC24EP Mikromedia Board And Other PIC Controllers. Tools: MPLAB X IDE, Arduino, RoboMongo, Altera Quartus II, Modelsim, Keil, MATLAB
- Programmed Raspberry PI based bats board to count the number of vehicles entering and leaving the Duxbury beach, ma based on their RFID tag stickers.
- Sent information to php cloud server to check the number of available parking lots in real-time in order to save a lot of time and resources on manual sticker checking.
- Captured the license plate of the fraud vehicle which is not provided with beach RFID tag using external cameras.
- Programmed link damper board using MPLAB X IDE tool in embedded C to give commands to the damper using serial communication and trying to send information wirelessly from the web browser.
- Managed to trigger the damper using a push button with respect to the hall sensors that are embedded on the board.
- Designed and developed new smart GV and FC wi-fi based products as iot nodes using Arduino and set up aws-iot for local and global access from the mobile app.
- Used aws and ESP32 library packages to store the wi-fi set up information in JSON file in the esp EEPROM and used interrupts for manual operations.
- Synched the manual and mobile app inputs for a real-time application.
- Developed a mobile app for both IOS and Android platforms using ionic/Cordova framework for user interaction with smart iot products.
- Implemented user notifications with web-sockets, and developed responsive templates using HTML5, CSS3, Angular JS.
- Used Xcode to test the app in IOS devices, connected them using iTunes developer account, and android studio tool to test the app on Android devices.
- Implemented server application using Node JS and Mongoose to connect with designed MongoDB schema.
Sr. Embedded Software Engineer Resume
Objective : Sr. Embedded Software Engineer with 5 years of experience is seeking to obtain an engineering position that enhances ability and knowledge with practical application beyond academics. A self-driven and focused computer engineer specializing in modern embedded design systems and applications.
Skills : C++, C, Python, Visual Studio
- Embedded software engineer, providing core programming to coordinate different logic blocks in supporting a fully developed audio conference technology products from start to finish.
- Programming goals for supporting multi-protocol interface, high bandwidth distribution, and low latency operations to meet customer interface requirements.
- Designing, implementing, and debugging system startup code, peripheral drivers, security, bootloaders, system test and verification programs.
Lead reviews to ensure industry-leading embedded software development best practices are met with software models and modules (fmea).
Working with circuit and chip design teams to specify and verify new designs.
- Giving expert support to other teams where code interfaces with other layers.
- Working with product and project managers to understand and take technical leadership of new features.
- Involving in full software development lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and documentation.
Embedded Software Engineer Resume
Objective : 2 years of experience in Embedded Software Development, Microprocessor and Microcontroller interfacing, automatic code generation and model-based software development. Experienced in hardware and embedded design based on requirements. Proficient in embedded C programming, C++programming. Expertise in modeling tools like MatLab/Simulink, State flow, and dspaceTarget link. Proficiency with I2C, SPI, CAN protocols.
Skills : Matlab, Embedded C, C++, Java Scripting Assembly Languages: 80x86, HCS12, PIC, 8051, 68306, 68HC11. Messageformats: Xml, Json, Cobol Tools: Simulink/State Flow, CANalyzer, CARSIM, Dspace. Software: MS Visual Studio, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Systems: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS. Configuration Tools: IBM Rational Doors And Clearcase, SVN.
- Involved in SDLC process like requirement analysis, designing, coding, testing, releasing and providing maintenance, and documentation at each stage.
- Involved in product specifications development Foradas(cruz control systems)& steering wheel control switches.
- Designed transmission control software using modeling tools such as Matlab/Simulink/state flow.
- Fixed point auto-code generation for production purposes and dspace target link for system level testing.
- Worked on testcomplete and LabView to test our embedded product, here TC script is written to read data from application x and then pass values to LabVIEW controls.
- Experience in using various kinds of defect tracking tools like bugzilla, test director/ quality center (qc), Microsoft test manager (mtm), team foundation server (tfs) and jira.
- Experienced in writing and analyzing business/ system requirements documents and use cases, preparing test logs and summary reports.