Senior Executive Chef Resume
Summary : Experienced Senior Executive Chef with exceptional skills for developing and delivering a complete range of dining services in a large scale operation with emphasis on continued revenue enhancement and cost controls. Seeking a position that will utilize my talent, skill, and experience to develop a compelling menu, engaged staff, and create a positive, memorable dining experience for customers while upholding the highest standards.
Skills : Knife, Leadership Qualities, ServSafe Certified, Proficient With Excel, Word, P&L Statements, Food Cost, And Labor Costs
- Managing all aspects of this full-service kitchen and banquet facility, developing dinner and dessert menus and maintaining exceptional profitability achieving all financial goals and standards set forth by the company.
- Continuously training young staff to reach their professional goals and maintaining high standards of quality.
- Assisting in training front house staff on steps of service and dining room management.
- Promoting restaurant sales through community events and television appearances.
- Maintaining highly skilled scratch cooking techniques in all aspects of kitchen production including pastry, developing dessert and dinner menus.
- Keeping up on modern food trends and working completely hands on to ensure quality, consistency, and profitability
- Developed modern American style menus and multi-component dessert menus.
- Managed final stages of opening a new restaurant, including vendor selection for food purchasing, hiring, and menu development trained and managed staff to be enthusiastic and to always satisfy the customer.
Head/Executive Chef Resume
Summary : Dynamic, resourceful and skilled Executive Head/Executive Chef with 9 plus years of success in fine dining, casual dining, and catering. Including Stadiums, Convention Centers, Restaurants and Country Clubs. Looking for the best management position whereby my education and practical culinary experience my talents can be applied and expanded.
Skills : Menu Development, Culinary, Cooking, Fine Dining, Inventory, Food Cost, Microsoft Office, Bilingual, Purchasing, HAPPC
- Provided courteous and informative customer service in an open kitchen format.
- Reduced food costs by 4 percent by expertly estimating purchasing needs and buying through approved suppliers.
- Expertly estimated staffing needs and adjusted hourly schedules in accordance with demand patterns, budget, and local labor laws.
- Systematically tasted and smelled all prepared dishes, and observed color, texture, and garnishes.
- Collaborated closely with the food and beverage director to conduct staff meetings and resolve service, product and personnel issues.
- Effectively managed and assisted kitchen staff in producing food for banquets, catered events, and member dining areas.
- Consistently kept a clean and safe environment by adhering to all federal, state and local sanitation and safety requirements.
- Ensured smooth kitchen operation by overseeing daily product inventory, purchasing and receiving.
- Established and maintained open, collaborative relationships with the kitchen team.
GED in Culinary Arts
Executive Chef/General Manager Resume
Summary : Executive Chef/General Manager with 7 years of experience in venues ranging from private clubs to upscale fast-paced restaurants. Great management and leadership skills coupled with knowledge of word excel, office, chef, etc. and strong financial management. Passionate about food, extremely hard working with excellent team building abilities.
Skills : Management, Food Service, Logistics, Food & Equipment Ordering, Menu Planning, Budgeting, Quality Control, Training Employees
- Preparing an extensive assortment of desserts, rotating on a weekly basis, including cakes, pies, cookies, cobblers.
- Mixing puff pastry, croissant, and danish doughs created breakfast pastries and bread for lunch specials.
- Supervising sous chef, pastry chef, butcher, and forty-five additional staff.
- Trained all staff with exception of the front of house staff run complete party system with twenty sections, including breakfast, lunch, garden manager, vegetables, roasts and sauces, soups, butchering, buffet runners and sanitation section.
- Responsible for all aspects of meal preparation, clean-up, and general upkeep of the kitchen.
- Reported directly to the director of operations during a weekly meeting.
- Responsible for ordering all food and supplies and adhering to an approved expense budget.
- Maintained accurate records of all foods purchased and/or stored in a method to maintain in good standings with the department of health.
- Responsible for weights/measures and the handling of a perishable product.
Bachelor Of Science
Corporate Executive Chef Resume
Headline : Corporate Executive Chef with more than 6 plus years of professional cooking and kitchen management experience. Exemplary leadership qualities and professionalism, backed by a consistent, verifiable record of achievement. Proven ability to work effectively with people of various ages, cultural backgrounds, and experience levels.
Skills : Management, Menu Planning, Costing, Ordering Product, Cleaning And Maintaining Restaurant Equipment, Scheduling, Banquet Experience, Serve Safe Certified
- Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions, and other outlets.
- Scheduling and coordinating the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Safeguarding all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Preparing necessary data for applicable parts of the budget, projecting annual food, labor, and other costs.
- Monitoring actual financial results, taking corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Cooking or directly supervising the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Assisting in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Developing policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality, continually updating written policies and providing training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensuring that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
Bachelor Of Science
Interim Executive Chef Resume
Summary : A skilled Interim Executive Chef, recognized for a comprehensive knowledge of international cuisine and an innovative approach for setting the stage for a customized dining experience. Over 7 years of experience managing the provision of fine dining for resorts and casual high volume restaurants, refining the art of cooking. Developing impressive menus and preparing culinary dishes influenced by culturally diverse regions around the globe.
Skills : Menu Creation, Costing And Execution. Developing Staff, Chef Trainer, Problem Solver, Production Stream Lining
- Supervising the kitchen staff while keeping an eye out for, and seizing control of, any problems that may arise.
- In charge of overseeing inventory and managing weekly and monthly cost control.
- Creating new ideas and concepts to motivate staff with incentives and monthly bonuses.
- Training and hiring of all new (boh) staff and determining position as well as salary.
- Creating daily specials with staff and creating seasonal menus to provide fresh foods.
- Enforcing food safety compliance procedures, issuing disciplinary actions as needed.
- Cleaning and inspecting equipment, kitchen appliances and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Preparing food according to menus, special dietary, nutritional restrictions or numbers of portions to be served.
- Responsible for raising food quality and instituting new production procedures which allowed for significant organizational growth.
- Ensuring that the dining rooms, kitchen, storage facilities, and other work areas are kept clean and conform to sanitary regulations.
High School Diploma
Junior Executive Chef Resume
Objective : An energetic Junior Executive Chef with a blend of creativity, passion for food and exceptional cooking skills. Works well as a dynamic leader in high-pressure settings. Motivated and offers over 4 years of experience in the restaurant industry. Focus on high standards for taste and quality while letting to the true beauty of the ingredients shine.
Skills : Safe Food Handling Procedures, Kitchens Serv-Safe Certified, Italian Cuisine, American Cuisine, Effective Planner, Event Planning, Hiring, Inventory Management, New Product Development, Teaching
- Reduced food costs by 7 percent by using seasonal ingredients, setting standards for portion size and minimizing waste.
- Expertly managed staff and maintained appropriate staffing levels throughout shifts.
- Assisted customers in placing special orders for large-scale events such as weddings and birthday parties.
- Managed kitchen staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, supervising, evaluating and enforcing discipline when necessary.
- Regularly interacted with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Led shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Actively involved in cost control, sanitation, menu development, training, recruitment, private dining, and catering.
- Planned lunch, dinner and bar menus, as well as special menus for in-house special events and catering.
- Maintained updated knowledge of local competition and restaurant industry trends.
General Manager / Executive Chef Resume
Summary : General Manager / Executive Chef 18 years of experience in culinary and hospitality. Experience in Asian, French, Italian, Caribbean and Puerto Rican cuisine. A fine dining experience in polish, white table cloth, silver and crystal restaurants, and banquets. Trained by world renounced chef's and mentored. A very loyal and dedicated teacher and student. To obtain employment with a food service operation that will place emphasis on quality, service, sanitation, and safety.
Skills : Ice Carvings, Wedding Cakes Recipe And Menu Development, ServSafe, Supervision, Administration, Culinary, Cooking, Leadership Development
- Utilizing local and seasonal ingredients, and superior presentation for each cuisine piece.
- Promoting establishment through innovative marketing campaigns and special events throughout the local market.
- Organizing and creating necessary food items, equipment, and other consumables list to keep inventory fully stocked.
- Creating a new training program for both the front and back of the house team members.
- Assisting with general restaurant operations, including maintenance, customer complaints/compliments, etc.
- Ensuring that the back of the house runs efficiently and effectively in a clean and organized manner at all times.
- Participating in management meetings that include back and front of the house, disciplinary, goal setting and restaurant function meetings.
- Hiring, training, and management of staff, ordering, receiving, returns, cuttings, specification requirements.
- Working closely with social and house committees planning all types of dining events for members.
Food Service Specialist
Executive Chef / FOH Manager Resume
Summary : Passionate Food Service Professional with over 25 years of diverse culinary and management experience. Extensive background in budgeting, ordering, menu planning, and staff efficiencies. Recognized for an innovative, creative approach in developing menu items, executive catering, and anticipating the needs of guests. To be employed with a growing Hospitality company where my management experience And culinary expertise can add value to the culinary operation and the company as a Whole.
Skills : Menu Writing, Keeping Staff Motivated, Teaching Techniques, Following Recipes And Executing Culinary Procedure
- Daily expediting of line cooking and consistent prep work including recipe adherence.
- Reviewed weekly operating reports with management and owner including labor and food costs.
- Responsible for complete menu redesign in order to control food cost and "update" presentations.
- Responsible for controlling food cost by implementing consistent inventory schedule, training staff of proper menu knowledge, implemented portion control policy.
- Developed multiple menus for both sides of the operation (catering & retail).
- Supervised/coordinated all related culinary activities; estimate food consumption and requisition.
- Selected and developed recipes, standardized production recipes to ensure consistent quality, established presentation technique and quality standards.
- Planned and priced menus, ensured proper equipment operation/maintenance, ensure the proper safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
Associate's in Culinary Arts
Kitchen Manager - Executive Chef Resume
Summary : A creative Executive Chef/ General Manager skilled in the art of food and labor cost management, a leader who inspires enthusiasm and loyalty, a passionate gourmand who respects the natural ability of food to delight, and a lifelong student of both the culinary arts and the nature of hospitality. To secure a culinary position within a company that has an extreme passion and focus for excellence, quality ingredients, high standards of customer service and relations.
Skills : Serve Safe, H.A.C.C.P., Opening Experience, Spanish Language, Japanese Language, Kosher Banquets, Ice Carving, International And Domestic Task Force, Microsoft Office, Interviewing
- Managing and direct facilitation of food and beverage services for 200 residents.
- Provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner, serving approximately 400 meals daily.
- Creating weekly care center menus following federal regulations and design monthly seasonal menus for ala carte dining.
- Responsible for all labor, food and maintenance costs following a strict budget.
- Duties included management of 30 staff, hiring, and training, ordering, receiving and inventory control.
- Designing and preparing menus for the 7 specialty restaurants, bars, banqueting and special menus for holidays and specials affairs.
- Ensuring a sufficient quantity of food is prepared to meet requirements, food is served at the proper temperature, appears attractive, and tastes appealing.
- Introducing new and innovative menu ideas and recipes capturing a productive and profitable food management program.
Associates in Occupational Studies
Seasonal Executive Chef Resume
Headline : Seasonal Executive Chef with over six years of professional cooking and kitchen supervision experience. Exemplify leadership qualities and professionalism. With the willingness to learn & set trends beyond horizons. Classically trained Chef dedicated to consistently providing world class dining experiences. Committed to customer satisfaction and motivate others on my team to be like-minded. Established reputation for creating an environment of excellence in the kitchen and dining room.
Skills : Ordering, Scheduling, Interview, Hiring, Firing, Evaluating Of Staff, Menu Development, Excel, Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, Kronos
- Taking an active role in creating a culture of people development, career planning & monitoring, and store orders.
- Maintaining a highly organized kitchen, instilling a focus on attention-to-detail with staff.
- Managing all staff training to ensure high levels of cooperation and communication.
- Improving food quality and consistency by creating new recipes and a strict recipe book.
- Creating cleaning lists, order guides, pull lists, and food safety charts.
- Responsible for all aspects of food and beverage control for this very busy corporate caterer on the main line.
- Helped to maximize the banquet and a la carte facility to its fullest extent in this increasingly busy hotel.
- Performing various supervisory tasks including coordination of all hotel special events and parties of over 2000 people.
- Responsible for monthly inventory, costs, extensions, and reconciliation.