General Ledger Accountant 2 Resume
Summary : Highly motivated, organized, and analytical General Ledger Accountant with 7 years of experience in the Healthcare domain is looking for an accounting or closely related opportunity to apply my skills and experience.
Skills : Quickbooks, Sage, Accounting, Bookkeeping, Excel, Financial Analysis
- Provided General Ledger support and analysis inclusive of period-end financial close responsibilities.
- Maintained accurate and current accounting sub-ledger which accurately reflected the country's transactional reality through the timely posting of all required items.
- Ensured that all transactions are correctly reflected in the ledger on a country basis.
- Prepared accurate and timely month end reporting in compliance with corporate and country requirements.
- Responsible for monthly review and approval of journal entries and account reconciliation on a timely basis and applying all required controls.
- Assisted with financial statements/reporting to ensure completeness and accuracy of results as loaded into HFM.
- Responsible for monthly variation analysis and explanation of accounts balances using Hyperion Financial.
- Reported, analyzed and troubleshoot employee expense management accounts.
- Participated in the knowledge transfer and training of finance activities from the local market in Sao Paulo to Uberlandia.
- Supported the bottom-up review process for the new financial operating model implemented in Costa Rica (2017).
- Assisted on the documentation and the transition of the general ledger activities from Global Financial Services.
General Ledger Accountant II Resume
Summary : Organized and efficient General Ledger Accountant with 15 plus years of experience, adept at quickly learning new accounting procedures and methods with advanced knowledge in the areas of Fixed Assets, general ledger reconciliation, and analysis, audit support and coordination. Proficient in Sage100 and Sage300CRE.
Skills : Account Reconciliation, Excel, Fixed Assets, MS Excel, Analytical, PeopleSoft, Great Plains, SAGE100 and SAGE300CRE
- Collected and reviewed invoices for new assets, completed transfers within and between companies and processed disposals.
- Maintained CCH fixed asset manager database for up to 7 companies (5 remote locations to communicate with and collect information from on a monthly basis), assessed need and created, from scratch, month end processes to provide analysis for all facets of the company for month end and further found efficiencies to complete this highly complex process within a very strict deadline.
- Maintained all reporting within the fixed asset system and worked closely with the software provider to ensure accurate reporting and calculating.
- Completed 15+ annual personal property tax reports in 8+ states, multiple counties.
- Coordinated annual physical inventory of fixed assets for 20+ locations. Provided asset listings to regional staff and collected findings, processing necessary transactions.
- Reconciled AP and Payroll bank accounts for headquarters, subsidiaries and clients and 40+ locations debit/credit card accounts, provided reviewed backup for billing, including the review of sales and use tax and if necessary, completed tax calculations, created journal entries and provided backup to the tax department for their filings.
- Reviewed bank accounts for stale-dated items and completed unclaimed property reports to states as necessary.
- Provided support for both internal and external audit with PWC for financial report audits and JSOX testing.
- Worked well both on my own, completing normal day-to-day tasks as well as with the team and on larger projects such as audits.
General Ledger Accountant II Resume
Summary : General Ledger Accountant with 17+ years experience in public and corporate accounting. Solution-focused with previous systems analysis background. Interested in challenging accounting role requiring detailed analytical skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, Oracle, Quickbooks Pro
- Calculating and accruing for various issues and disputes related to programming costs.
- Reconciling the accrued programming costs monthly of $1.5 billion for month-end close.
- Providing variance analysis of account changes to the VP and Chief Accounting Officer during month-end close.
- Preparing footnote support regarding programming commitments for 10-q and 10-k.
- Reconciling uploads from external billing system into Oracle using Access and Excel to ensure accuracy.
- Determining accruals for bad debt expense, commissions payable, and tax bad debt recovery.
- Responsible for the reliability and maintenance of internal access databases.
- Improving accrual calculations reducing variances between actual payments and accruals.
- Improving the performance and run time of access reports saving up to two hours of processing during month end close.
- Creating a comparison report for the Controller and VP allowing direct month over month comparison reducing two separate 26-page reports to a single 6-page report.
General Ledger Accountant (Contract) Resume
Summary : General Ledger Accountant with 11 years of experience in the Food and Finance domains is seeking to obtain a challenging position that will fully utilize my education, accounting experience, and at the same time provide job security and growth. Knowledgeable on different business reporting requirements such as payroll, business licenses, sales tax, income tax, 1099, property tax, and other business reports.
Skills : MS Office, Oracle, PeopleSoft, AS400, MSSB Benefit Access, EASI, Lawson
- Preparing individual and consolidated financial statements for parent and wholly owned subsidiary. Also formulating financial statements for another related company.
- Responsible for month end procedures, duties included but not limited to period closing.
- Performing reconciliation of cash accounts. Responsible for analyzing and reviewing ledger.
- Handling accounting and maintaining the company's fixed assets including depreciation.
- Guiding A/P, A/R, Payroll, and Billing Clerk with the accounting treatment of transactions.
- Assisting in the bank and any governmental audits by providing reports and attending to auditors.
- Assisting CPA with annual financial review by providing reports and attending to inquiries.
- Reviewing the CPAs financial review reports and the companies federal and state tax returns before finalization.
- Preparing the companies filing and reporting specifically 1099s, sales tax, business tax, and unsecured property tax.
- Preparing monthly asset based lending reports to the bank as well as weekly reports as necessary.
General Ledger Accountant Resume
Summary : General Ledger Accountant with 10 years of experience. Creatively aids management in financial planning and decision making. Follows all policies and procedures to guarantee accuracy and integrity.
Skills : Oracle, POS, Ms Office Suite, Leadership, Training & Development, Project Management, Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting, Financial Statements, Communication, Bilingual Spanish, Sales Training, Salesforce, Team Building, Team Management, Data Analysis, General Ledger, Diversity Training, Presentation
- Posted daily cash receipts journals for Heavy Vehicle Group and Rayloc Group.
- Posted monthly general journals, accruals, and allocations for Heavy Vehicle Group and Rayloc Group.
- Corrected the general ledger accounts based on timely recognition of problems and accurate identification of required adjustments.
- Coordinated and managed fixed asset accounts and profit and loss statements.
- Determined appropriate corrective action to take when faced with discrepancies.
- Sent weekly intercompany sales reports to the regional administrative sales department.
- Prepared and processed all monthly sales and use tax for both Heavy Vehicle Group and Rayloc Group.
- Prepared and processed business license renewals for all traction stores.
- Reconciled all bank statements for both Heavy Vehicle Group and Rayloc Group.
- Prepared, examined, reconciled, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, budget records, and other documentation to assess their accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
General Ledger Accountant I Resume
Summary : An enthusiastic and devoted General Ledger Accountant I with 12 years of experience in the Healthcare domain has a strong organizational and communication skills as well as good attention to detail. Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all month-end closing, account reconciliations, assets, journal entries, balance sheet, general ledger, accruals, and accounts payable/receivable. Ability to multi-task and work independently.
Skills : Accounting, Adding Machine., Excel, Great Plains, SAP
- Performed month-end general ledger close activities which include compiling and analyzing financial information for entry to the general ledger.
- Prepared monthly balance sheet reconciliation on assigned general ledger accounts, and balance discrepancies.
- Maintained general ledger accounts and prepared journal entries for accruals and variances.
- Generated and distributed account management reports on monthly basis.
- Performed accounting analysis for cash accruals, account payables, account receivables and reconciliations.
- Provided appropriate accounting information to customers when needed.
- Performed accounting analyses and reporting to support decision-making purposes.
- Provided support as needed for business unit directors, financial analysts, and operations as needed.
- Collaborated with other shared service groups (Payroll, Procurement, HR, IT) to improve and standardize processes.
- Adhered to standard general accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
Corporate General Ledger Accountant Resume
Headline : Highly skilled General Ledger Accountant with more than five years of experience and in-depth knowledge of accounting, financing and budgeting principles. Experience in maintaining data controls and accountability to mitigate risk. Skills in researching, reporting methods and establishing risk management procedures. Three and half years managing client risk through daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of cash and share variances with skills at providing swift resolution to complex issues.
Skills : TLM 2.7, PLM, MYSS, Open Systems Accounting (OSA), DRS, MYOB & MS Office Microsoft Excel, MS Access, Frontier Recollector, Frontier Recon Plus, Frontier Admin, Synergy Systems, Monarch, Tagetik, & SAP.
- Balanced and reconciled the balance sheet accounts and cost centers daily, monthly and quarterly through an automated reconciliation system, frontier recon plus.
- Prepared reconciliations of general ledger accounts and resolved any accounting discrepancies as well as documented how accounts are being used and determined if adjusting journal entries are needed and processed journal entries.
- Identified and analyzed the unusual or reconciling items and taking appropriate actions to resolve exceptions.
- Collaborated with line of business partners to establish appropriate reconciliation methods and aging requirements to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the reconciliations.
- Participated in the development of Rabobank's internal policies and procedures regarding account reconciliation and certification and other processes as needed.
- Used various software applications, such as spreadsheets, general ledger and automated reconciliation programs to assemble, manipulate and/or format and summarized data and/or reports.
- Assisted with the design of reconciliation processes by leveraging various source system data. Worked with business line managers to optimize the data to deliver an efficient reconciliation process.
- Processed the data load production process and the implementation of new data load files in accordance with the department’s change management process.
- Troubleshoot to quickly diagnose and worked towards problem resolution.
Sr. General Ledger Accountant Resume
Headline : Ambitious Sr. General Ledger Accountant with 6 plus years of experience in the Food and Finance domains looking for a position with a stable company where I can be a key member of the financial team.
Skills : MS Office Suite, Real World, Great Plains, QuickBooks, Peachtree, Pearl, Oracle, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word, And More Strong Leadership And Interpersonal.
- Performing monthly closing of financials which includes: generating and reviewing financial statements, comparing actual to the budget and investigating /explaining variances, analyzing key accounts, identifying unusual transactions, verifying adequacy of reserves and accruals, follow-up and reviewing with management, preparing adjusting journal entries, and ensuring accuracy of actual submission to the corporate system.
- Responsible for the general ledger month-end close and presentation of the balance sheet and income statement results and analysis as well as for the preparation of the monthly reporting package in Excel and review thereof with North American business partners.
- Performing general ledger entries and reconciliation for month-end close.
- Performing processes so the deadlines for financial reporting are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with the accounting policies and/or the financial procedures of the company.
- Producing a variety of financial reports including periodic reports and analyses, setting forth progress and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Reviewing, analyzing and monitoring the expenses. Providing accounting administrative support as needed.
- Maintaining and monitoring the applicable SOX controls and provide associated support to internal and external auditors.
Senior General Ledger Accountant Resume
Summary : General Ledger Accountant with 13 years of experience in the Manufacturing domain. Skills in general ledger accounting, expense review and reporting, and SOX testing and compliance. Have worked in manufacturing, health care and education for non-profit and publically held companies. Known for ability to work with stakeholders at all levels within and external to the organization while focusing on the detail to deliver quality work
Skills : Mac & PC, Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, QuickBooks, Adobe Photoshop
- Responsible for journal processing, weekly payroll processing, expense report review and analysis and sox testing and compliance.
- Performed account reconciliations and served as back up to Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Performed account reconciliations for tax, cash and prepaid accounts using black line software to ensure accurate financial statements.
- Prepared daily and monthly journal entries utilizing JD Edwards system, to ensure proper recording of transactions on financial statements.
- Administered the concur travel expense system, and reviewed employee travel reports for compliance with company SOP, and to ensure the company received proper expense tax deductions on the corporate tax return.
- Provided custom reports to management to monitor and reduce travel expenses.
- Reviewed and audited all changes to the vendor master file for compliance with the established internal controls, and to prevent fraudulent payments.
- Performed SOX walkthroughs testing and compliance audit during the fiscal year to ensure company SOX compliance and to identify internal control deficiencies.
- Provided input to external auditors for annual audit and reviewed findings to ensure accurate and reliable financial information.
General Ledger Accountant Resume
Summary : General Ledger Accountant with 12 years of experience in the Food Processing domain is seeking a challenging position that will utilize my education and background, expand my knowledge, and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Skills : ADP, Citrix, Excel, Great Plains, Pivot Tables, SAP, Oracle, ADP, Ceridian, FAS Languages: English, Spanish
- Responsible for general ledger month-end close tasks for multiple legal entities. Review general ledger activity, enter and update journal entries.
- Performing balance sheet account reconciliations and supporting details. Update accounting master records as needed.
- Analyzing the P&L account activities for sales and marketing department to help them ensure actual spend is aligned with the budget.
- Performing monthly intercompany account reconciliations, the main contact for intercompany confirmations and resolving ICO discrepancies.
- Managing fixed asset activity, working with the Project Managers to monitor the process of distillery capitalization projects to timely capitalize distillery assets.
- Maintaining CapEx supporting detail and providing depreciation forecasts as needed. Responsible for quarterly CapEx schedule reporting to parent company.
- Monitoring electronic bank statement process to ensure all bank activities are posted timely and accurately.
- Managing cash transaction, posting, and bank reconciliation as well as reporting daily, monthly and quarterly cash flow.
- Performing actual vs. forecast cash reconciliation. Responsible for booking FX trades for monthly fx settlements.