Intervention Specialist/Counselor Resume
Headline : Solutions-oriented Intervention Specialist dedicated to providing exceptional care and devising creative treatment plans for children, adolescents and adults dealing with mental health issues.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Typing, Phones, Counseling, Crisis Intervention, Case Management, Assessment.
- Completed initial integrative psychosocial assessments with patient and family involvement.
- Worked as part of a comprehensive treatment team including nurses, psychiatrists, therapists and other allied healthcare staff members.
- Planned and led therapeutic groups without supervision for adults and adolescents with various mental health diagnoses (acute adult, adolescent, geriatric and substance abuse populations).
- Appropriately used evidence-based therapeutic techniques and interventions, while documenting patient progress in accordance with all ACA ethical guidelines and hospital policies and procedures.
- Effectively completed discharge planning and completion of necessary forms such, including release of information and discharge safety plans while providing family therapy with members of a patient's support system.
- Helped patients learn how to develop and sustain a support system for support, care and relapse prevention.
- Transferred patients to appropriate units within a psychiatric hospital.
- Referred to the DSM-V for assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients, while developing and implementing appropriate therapy interventions using evidence-based theoretical approaches.
Intervention Specialist/Analyst Resume
Headline : To create opportunities for an honest, safe, and fun learning environment to aid all children in the development of critical thinking skills and a passion for lifelong learning.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Provides small group and one on one intervention to at-risk learners in reading comprehension, writing, and mathematics.
- Assesses at-risk learners to determine areas of deficiency in order to plan for and administer needs-based instruction.
- Develops and delivers professional development for a staff 30 plus teachers on topics ranging from a reading workshop, literacy assessment, standardized test administration and preparation, and in-class intervention.
- Co-writes units of study tied to the Common Core Standards.
- Models and coaches staff in the current best practices in classroom management, reading, writing and math instruction.
- Created and helped to institute a building-wide intervention block in which teachers offer a second round of small group intervention in literacy to their most at-risk learners.
- Serves on the district team for the implementation of Response to Intervention at the upper elementary school level.
- Collaborates with classroom teachers across the content areas regarding best practices in instruction and learning, classroom management, and cross curricular learning.
Master Of Arts
Sr. Intervention Specialist Resume
Summary : Interned in case management positions, and worked closely with patients in the medical setting. Both of these positions strengthened ability to connect with patients and clients on a more personal level. There is a certain amount of trust one must earn when a patient or client is willing to share their medical history, and concerns with you.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Docs, Google Classroom.
- Modifies the general education curriculum for students with disabilities based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
- Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining an environment conducive to learning for all students.
- Meets with parents to discuss their children's progress and to determine priorities for their children and their individualized educational needs.
- Confers with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers, and other professionals to develop individualized education programs (IEPs) designed to promote students' educational, physical, and social/emotional development.
- Maintains accurate and complete student records and prepares reports on student activities, as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicates those objectives to students.
Jr. Intervention Specialist Resume
Objective : Dedicated student advocate with a solid focus on the individual needs of identified and Special Education Students. Kindhearted and empathetic professional who is flexible and accommodating in the design and implementation of inspiring hands-on lessons, employing wide-range manipulatives and IEP's to enhance adaptable educational atmosphere.
Skills : Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Email, The Internet, Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Develop and implement individual education program for each special education student.
- Identify and implement goals tailored to the student's individual needs and abilities.
- Coordinate with parents, teachers, teacher assistants, and various service providers that include speech, occupational, and physical therapists for students having Cognitive Disabilities.
- Consult teachers on modifications and accommodations to instruction and materials and ensuring the diverse needs of every student are successfully realized.
- Employed diverse techniques to promote active learning including individual instruction, problem-solving assignments and small group work.
- Exercised flexibility within the classroom addressing students' needs through special accommodations.
- Facilitated presentations and methods of successful behavior management.
- Actively involved in students' behavioral, social, and academic development, aiding students in developing emotionally, feeling comfortable in social situations and awareness of socially acceptable behavior.
Master's In Childhood
Jr. Intervention Specialist Resume
Objective : Conducted Parenting sessions with clients and families. Assessed and provide written documentation of children's behaviors and doc. Experienced in Alcohol and Drug awareness and prevention, Management, Counseling and Health/Safety Certified Forensic Interviewer.
Skills : Microsoft, IBM SPSS, Press.
- Provides case management coordination services to include assessment, interviewing, planning, monitoring, advocacy, and direct supervision and intervention for fathers and families.
- Interviews youth, their family and any service providers serving the youth to assess the youth's level of functioning, strengths, and needs.
- Provides a comprehensive plan of supervision for the assigned fathers and their children who may be serving secure commitments, placed in alternative settings or residing in the community.
- Develops a comprehensive picture of the fathers/families' service and treatment needs.
- Intercedes and advocates on behalf of children and their families to ensure appropriate, timely and consistent services.
- Develops and brokers community services where a gap exists.
- Provides alternatives to incarceration through the use of graduated responses and promotes community safety.
Intervention Specialist III Resume
Summary : Achieved 95% daily attendance rate of students enrolled in mentoring program. Managed $100K annual academy budget. Instrumental in leading and developing programs that have helped youth achieve academic success, defeat behavioral challenges, and become productive members of society.
Skills : Teaching.
- Worked as a Life Skill Worker for the Danville Center for Adolescent Females, working closely with disadvantaged youth, family, service providers, and schools to arrange participation of children in recommended programs.
- Successful in developing partnerships and providing intervention services designed to reduce incidents of youth crime, violence and teenage pregnancy, and to improve access to services and programs that promote and support positive youth development.
- Provided consultation, assessment, and referral services to youth, case management and support services for juvenile offenders.
- Maintained a strong working relationship with the community and the Juvenile Probation Department.
- Conducted intake sessions with new clients and maintained records referred by the probation department.
- Provided life skills training to adolescents seeking integration into family and community life.
- Facilitated group work for adolescents experiencing psychological and emotional effects of abuse, addictions, or family dysfunctions.
Intervention Specialist II Resume
Summary : To obtain a challenging career where experience will enhance professional growth and opportunity, as well as, benefit the company.
Skills : Communication, General Computer Knowledge, Management, Organizational Leadership, Team Building, Teaching.
- Assisted with campus administration in all areas having to do with students in special education.
- Maintained federal, state, and district compliance in all aspects of the special education program on the campus.
- Established, facilitated, and monitored all assessments, physical resources, academic resources, interventions, and procedures for all special education students on our campus based on individual needs that coincided with state and district policy.
- Provided guidance with clear recommendations regarding differentiated instruction based on students' needs for and with classroom teachers and special education teachers.
- Developed and implemented supports for staff regarding special education best practices and procedures.
- Provided support and monitoring for administration and other personnel in determining the appropriate supports and services for students with special needs.
- Coordinated necessary training for staff as it pertained to special education.
Intervention Specialist I Resume
Summary : Responsible Intervention Specialist proficient in successfully working with students that have varying disabilities in grades (K-12) in public, parochial, tutorial or separate school facility settings.
Skills : Caregiver skills.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to middle and high school grade level students.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students' needs and progress.
- Perform administrative duties such as hall and cafeteria monitoring, and bus loading and unloading.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
Intervention Specialist I Resume
Summary : Detail and ability to perform under high pressure to dissuade criminal intent and consolidate damages and losses to human life and property through intervention tactics. A sense of urgency is what bring onto the floor every day in order to protect our clients from all intensities of crime.
Skills : Microsoft Office Programs, Macintosh, Outlook.
- Develop and implement individualized education program for each special education student.
- Identified and implement goals tailored to the student's individual needs and abilities.
- Coordinate with parents, teachers, teacher assistant and various service providers.
- Modeled, trained and consulted teachers on modifications and accommodations to instruction and materials ensuring the diverse needs of every student.
- Actively supported teaching professionals on effective work strategies with Special Needs students, maintaining a strong focus on learners with ADHD, and ADD.
- Facilitated presentations and recommended readings while providing interventions and methods on successful behavior management.
- Employed diverse techniques to promote active learning including individualized instruction problem-solving assignments, and small group work.
- Exercised flexibility within the classroom addressing students' needs through special education.
Masters Of Education
Intervention Specialist/Representative Resume
Objective : Licensed Intervention Specialist experienced in working with all learning styles. Active intervention specialist who regularly attends professional development seminars, faculty meetings, and parent-teacher conferences to remain connected to contemporary methods of child development and education.
Skills : Writing, Editing, Research, Public Speaking.
- Establish high standards and expectations for all students to accept responsibility for behavior.
- Supervise students and consistently administer rules regarding student behavior during detention.
- Maintain an atmosphere in which students are expected to remain seated and silent during the time period.
- Engage the learners in differentiated learning experiences for the range of skill levels and developmental needs found in the classroom, managing, when appropriate, multiple instructional activities simultaneously.
- Keep accurate records of student attendance and behavior, including any tardiness, and submit to the administration in a timely fashion.
- Assists the principal in other areas as deemed necessary.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of an effective plan to reduce the amount of discipline referrals.
Intervention Specialist/Executive Resume
Summary : Energetic Teacher driven to inspire and teach children to be respectful, patient, and positive. Over ten years' experience as a teacher, mom, and caregiver. Enjoys being a team player in a diverse working environment.
Skills : Teaching, Leadership Development, Curriculum Development, Collaboration, Teamwork, Communications, Community Relations, Special Events, Technical Support, Coaching.
- Communicated with parents through enrollment, conferences, and direct personal communication.
- Built constructive and open relationships with families with forthright yet friendly communication.
- Implemented and modified curriculum in order to meet the individualized needs of the students.
- Delivered individualized programming and differentiated instruction for students aged 16-20.
- Encouraged curiosity, exploration and problem-solving appropriate to children's development levels.
- Organized and maintained records for all special education students (up to 50 students).
- Identified signs of potential emotional or developmental concerns in children and brought them to parents' or guardians' attention.
- Created and implemented curriculum for students struggling in the mainstream educational setting.
Master Of Arts
Intervention Specialist Resume
Summary : Educational Executive driving strategic planning to identify and minimize environmental impacts and create measurable academic growth and financial value. Catalyzes corporations to take social and economic responsibility by launching risk management solutions, enhancing core business competitiveness, and amplifying value to stakeholders, and multinational enterprises.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Worked with individual students or small groups of students to provide educational interventions and progress monitoring.
- Maintained records of interventions and progress monitoring.
- Attended team meetings in order to provide input regarding student academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Provided high quality tier 2 support to students who were at risk in reading and writing.
- Worked directly with Special Education, ELL, and struggling students to increase their reading level and assessment scores through small group instruction and one-on-one instruction.
- Developed lesson plans that were developmentally appropriate and tailored to students individual literacy needs.
- Developed action plans for students in caseload and designed them to help students achieve academic, social, and personal success.