Lab Assistant Resume
Summary : Laboratory Assistant with 13 years calibrating and adjusting malfunctioning equipment, as well as completing routine and emergency maintenance on laboratory instruments. Seeking a position as a Medical Assistant with growing company, were my dedication and attention to detail will create opportunities for growth.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Troubleshoot, Written Communication, Research & Planning, Human Relations, Organization & Leadership, Work Survival
- Facilitate patient visits and appointment scheduling for physicians within the department. Handle appointment scheduling, answering incoming phone calls, cashiering, and patient check-in and check-out in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Monitor phone cancellations, and update provider schedules with cancellations, and communicate to clinical staff.
- Handle emergency calls calmly, promptly according to established emergency protocols.
- Respond to all patient interactions professionally with tact, patience, and compassion. Greet and check in patients to the clinic in a friendly, organized, and efficient manner.
- Verification of all demographic information on all patients, and document all changes correctly.
- Verify billing information making appropriate changes on accounts and collection co-payments and issue receipts.
- Trained new undergraduate research assistants in animal care and feeding protocols.
Lab Assistant (Intern) Resume
Objective : Friendly, adept at working in all environments. Patient and empathetic with helpful insight to help resolve conflict and customer care. Efficient, accurate, and detail-oriented with an innate drive to provide exceptional service. Highly detail-oriented and an organized self-starter who works well independently or with others to get the job done to the satisfaction of the client.
Skills : Nursing Assistant, Office Systems, Customer Service, Medical Terminology, Data Entry, Clerical
- Maintain lab computer and network thereby decreasing downtime and increase productivity involved in design, development, assembly and implementation of mini-bots in m4s project.
- Provided mechanical and chemistry testing on a spectrometer for over 100 different alloys for aircraft and military customers.
- Prepared stock chemicals, handled waste, organized inventory, enforced safety, and assisted in laboratory instruction for three years.
- Collected and processed blood samples for testing, prepared specimens for shipment to outside laboratories, and charted patient results.
- Handled instruments, scheduled appointments, inventoried and ordered medical supplies.
- Provided input and recommendations that were used in initiating more efficient processes.
- Organized transfers of donated products to and from other blood banks and hospital systems.
Lab Assistant Specialist Resume
Headline : Highly motivated Lab Technician with experience in conducting blood test for Hemoglobin, HIV, Blood Group, Torch Test, HCV test and Polio Virus Test. Quick Learner, dedicated worker and a great team player willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve the best results.
Skills : Phlebotomy, Splinting, Pharmacy, Cpr Instructor, First Aid Instructor
- Collect inpatient and outpatient specimens, drawing all units from peds, telemetry, intensive care and geriatric.
- Sorting lab reports, canceling the duplicate test and delivering nightly reports.
- Prepare and deliver tubes to the nurses for there morning nurse draws with special collection instructions.
- Perform quality control check on outpatient's requisitions that were drawn during the day.
- Receive and process specimens that are dropped off by in house and outside sources.
- Prepare morning stacks for the day shift lab associates, answer multiline phones and route calls to proper departments, fax results and order test(s) per doctors orders for inpatients.
- Provide collection instructions and draw outpatients that come in during the night. Follow the doctor's script(s) and ensure collection etiquette -order samples in the lis.
Diploma in Medical
Lab Assistant II Resume
Headline : Seeking to obtain a challenging and responsible position as a Lab Technician in a facility where can apply knowledge and experience, while being offered an opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Skills : Lab Assistant, phlebotomist, and Direct Care
- Assesses the quality of blood to be drawn from the patient based on the patient's age, physical maturation and the test or study to be performed.
- Performs venipuncture, finger stick or heel stick as required, proficiently on patients of all ages properly labels sample(s) and transports to laboratory or clinical laboratory as required.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with the public, patients and other personnel.
- Performs other duties as required including checking in patients collecting appropriate revenue, accessioning test orders and giving preparation instructions to patients.
- Tested for properties such as color, viscosity, and durability to achieve matching colors and consistent performance.
- Follow required pollution prevention procedures in the handling of chemicals and waste products.
- Operate standard laboratory equipment and follow laboratory safety guidelines.
Lab Assistant I Resume
Objective : To work a clinical Medical Assistant in a challenging medical practice that offers room to expand upon knowledge and experience in the medical field. Enthusiastic and well-organized Administrative Assistant with a well-rounded background in administrative support, customer service, and medical science.
Skills : Bilingual, Excellent Communication , Enthusiastic, Multitasking, Attention To Detail., Experienced In Public Speaking And Delivering Presentations., Intermediate Experience In Microsoft Office.
- Perform routine and stat phlebotomy on patients across the age spectrum, from newborn to geriatric. Follows all laboratory policies and procedures for patient identification and sample collection.
- Processes specimens for in-house laboratory testing and reference lab testing. Files all appropriate paperwork for laboratory and reference lab testing.
- Completes order entry in laboratory information system (lis) and a web-based portal for managed care specimens.
- Performs specimen collection for occupational health as needed including chain-of-custody urine drug screens, breath alcohol tests, and hair samples.
- Interacts professionally with patients and families and provides explanations and verbal reassurance as necessary.
- Match all laboratory requisition forms and specimen tubes, properly complete laboratory accession record.
- Generate final laboratory results reports after review and release of results in database by analyst.
Bachelor of Science
Medical Lab Assistant Processer Resume
Summary : Seeking to establish a responsible though challenging position as a Lab Assistant closer to home. It is goal to apply vast knowledge and experience in a facility where growth and opportunities are constantly offered. To acquire a position in the laboratory profession for blood collections by venipuncture and capillary technique. Comprehensive understanding of compliance safety.
Skills : Venipuncture,Vital Signs, Pediactric And Adult Draws, Communication, Organizational And Computer, Medical Terminology, Blood Bank
- Performed and supervised phlebotomy for nursing homes, hospital outpatients, and inpatients according to hospital policy and OSHA standards.
- Took advantage of opportunities for continuing education, quality assurance, and performance improvements activities.
- Established, monitored and documented both inpatient, outpatient, and outreach specimen integrity.
- Provided continuing education in the form of periodic in-services relating the phlebotomy procedures, tests, and proper specimen collection requirements.
- Core team member for dictionary building during hospital-wide computer system implementation.
- Meticulously prepared samples for transport to outside laboratories for off-site testing.
- Assumed responsibility for writing and implementing phlebotomy policies and procedures according to hospital policy and OSHA standards.
Medical Lab Assistant Resume
Objective : Certified Phlebotomist with expert knowledge of medical terminology and HIPPA compliance. Patient care and wonderful bed side manner with established career working in high paced hospitals and in laboratory settings. Support quality patient care and education.
Skills : Phlebotomy, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
- Ordering patient requisitions for various facilities such local lab partners, diagnostics & logistics facilities.
- Perform positive patient identification and the collection of various laboratory specimens on inpatients and outpatients, as needed.
- Managed technology equipment, troubleshooting issues when necessary, including laptop and desktop computers,printers, and accessories.
- Performed venipuncture and skin punctures to obtain a blood sample for laboratory testing.
- Performed inventory (counts) of lab and office supplies, and orders additional supplies.
- Managed specimen and provided laboratory support by handling data and repots in computer.
- Quickly responded to and resolved all customer service issues in a timely manner.
Lab Assistant II Resume
Summary : To gain valuable experience in a lab environment through meaningful contribution to research while pursuing interests in engineering and biochemistry. Seeking a position as a Lab Assistant with growing company, were my dedication and attention to detail will create opportunities for growth.
Skills : Customer Service, Data Entry, Invoicing, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Scanning, Faxing
- Collected blood and urine specimens from patients of all ages and conditions by use of venous or capillary collections.
- Responsible for transporting specimens from off-site collection areas to the appropriate section of the laboratory.
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology and laboratory information systems.
- Logged specimens into laboratory specimen log book as required, received into computer with all correct data, and delivered to the appropriate areas of the lab for testing.
- Assisted other personnel as required in clerical and technical functions.
- Responding to inquiries and providing general information into computer database.
- Helped with the setup of experiments, as well as the cleanup of experiments.
Bachelor of Arts
Phlebotomist /Lab Assistant Resume
Summary : Experienced Lab Assistance offering over 9 years of healthcare experience. Highly accurate and efficient with strong time management skills and reliable, hard-working nature. Focused Lab Assistance well-versed in medical terminology, coding and compliance procedures. Proficient at answering requests quickly and delivering exception results.
Skills : Biometrics Screening, Electronic Health Records, EKG, Patient Care Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Office Operations And Management, Customer Service
- Provided support in testing personnel and in preparation of sample analysis, and loading reagent in equipment as required.
- Processed, labeled, split and packaged specimens for shipment to testing facility.
- Analyzed data to create and organize graphs, charts, and documents for publications and presentation.
- Properly calibrated and adjusted malfunctioning equipment to ensure precise test results.
- Identified abnormal test results and referred them to the clinical laboratory scientist for further review.
- Prepared specimens for analysis and established proper chronological priorities in testing.
- Worked closely with client services and the technical liaison to problem solve and expedite testing.
- Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
Health Care Administration
Lab Assistant Resume
Headline : Experienced Lab Assistant with 6 years professional experience providing high-quality care performing venipuncture and skin procedures on mobiles and laboratory clinics to patients of all ages to enhance productivity and quality service. To expand my clinical skills as a physical therapist to the pediatric patient population.
Skills : Customer Service, Medical Terminology, Data Entry, Clerical, Phlebotomy, Nursing
- Processed and distributed incoming lab specimens in a timely manner to the specified clinical testing sites.
- Perform clerical functions required to report accurate and timely test results including responding to physician, physician office staff, and hospital staff requests for copies of test results.
- Provide accurate communication to physicians and hospital staff regarding the proper ordering and requirements of lab tests.
- Contributed to the effective communication needs of the department by providing timely and accurate communication in a positive manner, assisting callers or visitors.
- Maintained a safe, clean environment for all members of the health care team including collecting and disposing of specimens.
- Established procedure with adherence to standards of infection control and blood/body fluid precautions and protective equipment when necessary.
- Evaluated quality control within the laboratory using standard laboratory test and measurement controls, and maintained compliance with clia, OSHA, safety and risk-management guidelines.