Laboratory Manager Resume
Summary : Experienced and Energetic Dental Lab Technician with 27 years experience in a dental lab facility. Conscientious and organized individual with exceptional time management ability. Personable team player with superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills : Dental Lab Technician.
- Maintains medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintains medical laboratory supplies inventory; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Maintains medical laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustment.
- Maintains quality results by consulting with pathologists; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; writing policy and procedures; generating MSDS, generating reports; maintaining records.
- Maintains medical laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing standard operating procedure manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality.
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; developing and performing parallel and validation testing; monitoring progress.
- Maintains medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
Associates In Chemistry
Laboratory Manager III Resume
Headline : Experienced and talented ISO 9001 laboratory manager with expertise in the petrochemical field. A skilled organizer with the ability to work well independently or with others. Versatile and able to adapt to continuing change and growth as well as the ability to apply new knowledge and industry techniques. Precise and attentive to detail with an emphasis on quality.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Project Management, Administrative Support.
- Established and ran a cancer research laboratory for a university faculty physician.
- Develop and optimize processes and workflows; respond and adapt to evolving research priorities; and train and supervise volunteer research personnel.
- Selected and negotiated pricing for all hardware, instruments and consumables needed to provision lab.
- Exercised frugal stewardship of operating funds, saving thousands of dollars and ensuring continuity of research activities in the absence of a regular funding stream.
- Ensured compliance with biosafety regulations and policies.
- Guided faculty physician's decision-making on projects under consideration: advised on the relevant science, technical aspects and challenges, promise and potential, and feasibility and costs.
- Maintained detailed records of research activities and experimental observations.
- Analyzed, interpreted, organized and prepared data for presentation at research meetings.
Laboratory Manager II Resume
Summary : To become employed in a position where able to use all of knowledge and skills while continually learning new skills and concepts in a steady, stable work environment. A full time position with reasonable salary, a good benefits package, opportunities for advancement and a five day or less work week is greatly desired.
Skills : Management Experience.
- Managed day to day operations of automotive research facility.
- Duties included, not limited to, the hiring, training, evaluation and supervision of all automotive systems testing, vehicle instrumentation and maintenance, facility maintenance, and quality assurance staff's.
- Supervised a staff of 30 hourly and salary employees, performed evaluation for each on an annual basis, trained technicians on quality control, testing input, data charting and reviewing the graphs for verification and accuracy.
- Responsible for multi-million dollar contracts for the federal government and privately held companies.
- Participated in all phases of the contract process, from the initial contact with the customer, to what services were needed, to the actual testing of vehicles concerning the emissions.
- Produced and maintained reports concerning budget, production and quality for corporate management and client review.
- Developed new quality control and assurance procedures to reduce external vendor costs and labor hours within company departments.
- Implemented quality scheduling and inventory systems that resulted in the reduction of labor costs and inventory up to 30%.
Laboratory Manager I Resume
Summary : Management of laboratories, ranging from hospital to physician office settings. Motivated with a strong desire to train and supervise employees to the best of ability for quality standards.
Skills : LCMS Method Development and Validation, Technical Writing / SOP Writing, Expert Testimony.
- Managed the technical, clinical, and operational aspects of the Interstate general laboratory and pathology services.
- Responsible for allocating an operational budget of $2.6 million, monitoring the financial performance, identifying and implementing strategies to reduce cost, control utilization, and improve the quality of care and service.
- Overseeing and developing clinical practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Developed process to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain staff competency.
- Developed, implemented and monitor laboratory policies and procedures to support organizational goals and business objectives.
- Collaborated with the Laboratory Medical Director, members of the medical staff, patient care staff and administration in developing and implementing strategic plans to meet member's expectations.
- Assured departmental compliance with all regulatory requirements including CAP and CLIA.
Doctorate Of Education
Laboratory Manager/Technician Resume
Headline : To secure a position where education, training, and experience will contribute to the success of the organization as a whole.
Skills : LIMS, Microsoft.
- Performance of 3-5 undergraduate student employees and 2-3 graduate-level employee researchers at any given time.
- Assist in the design and planning of research projects involving, but not limited to, activities such as product/equipment validation, process validation, testing method evaluation and comparison, production contamination isolation and in-plant sampling.
- Maintain a safe laboratory for daily BSL-1 and BSL-2 level research use while ensuring all lab safety practices are followed consistently.
- Prepare concentrated pathogen cultures for use in project inoculation using established parameters.
- Responsibility for all aspects of lab operations including equipment control and maintenance, resource and project scheduling, employee training and supervision, supply inventory and ordering, as well as all project-related documentation and reporting.
- Assist in BSL-3 research projects at a nearby facility.
- Attend and participate in professional meetings while presenting research to industry peers.
Laboratory Manager/Supervisor Resume
Summary : Technically-skilled epidemiologist who is highly proficient in quantitative and qualitative analysis using Statistical Analytical Software (SAS), Predictive Analytics Software (PASW).
Skills : GMP, Gas Chromatography, Laboratory, Laboratory, ISO.
- Provided administrative leadership and guidance to all personnel in the research laboratory including recruitment, supervision, training, and development and performance management.
- Provided guidance to faculty investigators regarding space, personnel support, and research supplies' expenditures when requested.
- Planned direct and conduct research experiments.
- Collected, organizes, and process laboratory samples.
- Received laboratory training under a high level, multi-stage Center of Excellence in Prostate Cancer Research focused on community outreach related to prevention, early detection, and treatment of diseases that disproportionately affect minority populations.
- Lead investigations of metastatic cancer cells, maintained cell lines, managed all doctoral and undergraduate students and supported the administrative core of the center.
- Investigated the inhibition of CXCR4 in aggressive, metastatic cancer cells.
- Cultured several cell lines, executed western blots, migration assays, DNA extractions and RT-PCR on breast and prostate cancer cell lines.
Assistant Laboratory Manager Resume
Objective : Highly-skilled laboratory professional with over four years of progressive job growth and enhanced capabilities. Demonstrated success in all aspects of the laboratory from management down to sample preparation. Proven ability to oversee multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritizing each for maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
Skills : Strong, positive leader with excellent communication skills. Proficient with Excel, Word, Multiple LIS systems and numerous instrumentation platforms.
- Responsible for regulating all processes of this business; converting it from a startup company to an operational comprehensive laboratory.
- Manages and monitors expenses, revenue, and utilization of laboratory services in coordination with budgeted expectations.
- Directly involved in the execution of the sample prep and method development process for the validation of a 50+ compound panel on Agilent LCMS Systems.
- Ensures that laboratory procedures are performed in accordance with accepted medical laboratory practice.
- Sets up all necessary business accounts to create a uniform administrative filing system.
- Key Contributions: In less than three months revamped the lab from a non-operational state to a complete working method.
- Led and played an intricate role in preparing for and passing our CLIA, Medicare and Medicaid inspections.
B.S. In Biological Sciences
Clinical Laboratory Manager Resume
Objective : Certified Laboratory Manager with a combined 15 years experience in laboratory supervision, project management, and regulatory compliance readiness. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills with the proven ability to coordinate and apply resources efficiently.
Skills : Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Detected quality issue with multi-million dollar consequence potential prior to mass production.
- Provided detailed root cause analysis to product development teams.
- Created customer-use simulation test based on statistical analysis of field research of refrigerator ambient temperature, humidity, and door openings.
- Created predictive forecast model to determine prototypes' likelihood of being ranked highest in Consumer Reports magazine based on internal test results.
- Evaluates each year's new refrigerator models against consumer research conclusions and explained design flaws/improvement concepts to overseas development departments.
- Visits international production facilities in Korea and Mexico to promote agenda of customer-based design and development prioritization.
- Participates in US Department of Energy rule making meetings for new energy efficiency regulations and test procedures.
- Provides impact and action item recommendation reports to key interested parties in the company.
Bachelor Of Science
Asst. Laboratory Manager Resume
Summary : Laboratory Manager position within an organization that can fully utiliz skills to achieve their business needs and objectives.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Word, Excel Spreadsheet, Power Point, LIS, HIS.
- Provides administrative management of a modern clinical laboratory in this 25-bed critical care hospital, a Healthcare District facility.
- Directs all transfusion service, hematology, chemistry, coagulation, point-of-care testing, microscopy, and pathology activities.
- Manages a staff of 8 technologists and 7 phlebotomists.
- Annual operating budget, including periodic variance justification.
- Uses an above average knowledge of clinical laboratory administration to create a work team dedicated to high quality and cost-effective diagnostic information.
- Establishes effective work relationships with administration, medical staff, nursing staff, patient care professionals, ancillary staff, patients, and family members.
- Ensures strict compliance with federal, state, and local laws as well as the Joint Commission guidelines.
- Creates cost effective product lines necessary to meet the patient care needs as outlined in the district strategic plan.
Certificate In HVAC
Associate Laboratory Manager Resume
Summary : Dedicated and loyal professional noted for being goal orientated, self-motivated and analytical. Proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and assignments to accomplish company and team agendas.
Skills : Data analysis, Documentation, Sharepoint, Access, Visio, MS Office applications and tools, Proficient at Laboratory Information Systems by GE and Cerner, In depth knowledge of EMR.
- Responsible for personnel management, to include hiring, coaching for success, performing quarterly performance reviews, and terminations.
- Responsible for approving invoices for payment and ensuring departments stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for evaluating new equipment, performing justifications for purchase of new equipment, and overseeing the implementation of new equipment and tests.
- Conducted audits to determine ways to reduce waste, increase efficiency and productivity.
- Performed A3 analysis of processes with cross-functional teams to identify areas for continuous improvement, implement strategies for improvement, and monitor for sustained compliance.
- Responsible for monthly QC review for Microbiology, Molecular Microbiology, Immunology, and Immunohematology.
- Establish budget and operate within set budget for each department under my purview.
- Establish monthly transfusion reports and monitor compliance with blood utilization guidelines.
BS In Medical
Laboratory Manager/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Proven ability to utilize inspiring leadership, personal drive, creative vision, and analytical skill to yield successful delivery of both team and individual goals, actively contributing to organizational growth.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Matlab, SAS, Statistical Analysis,.
- Investigated topics by researching all available literature in order to build a breadth and depth of knowledge into the subject matter.
- Developed strategic plans for a project by defining the scope and devising a strategic, tactical and operational plan.
- Broke down projects into its most divisible functional units, Work Breakdown Structure, which permitted: Organized workflow and realistic timeline for deliverables.
- Quantitatively tracked and evaluated project progress.
- Identified all project stakeholders, direct and indirect, and developed a communication plan Routinely held briefings to update laboratory on project findings/progress and utilize the intellectual capital of my cohorts.
- Proactively resolved issues that meant a more seamless execution of the project plan.
- Managed and coordinate a team of Ph.D.'s and MD's working together across different institutions to develop a proposal: Realigned team towards the strategic objectives.
Master Of Engineering
Laboratory Manager Resume
Objective : Passionate and motivated scientific leader with over 12 years of experience in the CRO and Pharma industry. Expert in the development, validation, and regulated bioanalysis of large molecule therapeutic assays to support pharmacokinetic (PK), Anti-Drug Antibody (ADA), Biomarkers (PD) and Neutralizing Antibody (Nab Cell Based) studies.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Manufacturing, Mining.
- Directed operations, overseeing scheduling, research study coordination, and comprehensive animal care.
- Interacted regularly with customers and served as the primary contact and technical expert.
- Managed business functions to include billing, AR/AP, supplies, and shipping.
- Created and maintained detailed, compliant documentation and archived specimens.
- Mentored veterinary technical students and served as physician resources.
- Crafted standard operating procedures (SOPs) during the lab's start-up phase as well as animal care and use protocols submitted to Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Directed comprehensive animal care program incorporating pain management, animal husbandry, and environmental enrichment.
- Successfully conducted surgical procedures such as arterial and venous cut-downs, arterial catheterization, stent/device implantation, vascular injury modeling, tissue harvest, and necropsies.