Senior Library Assistant Resume
Summary : Library Assistant with 8 years of experience and with an emphasis in Digital Information Management and Archival Studies seeking an opportunity to use the analytical, management, and problem-solving skills learned through professional and academic experiences in the library or archival setting. To obtain a challenging position utilizing abilities developed through my experience and education with the opportunity for professional growth
Skills : Personnel Recruitment, Customer Service, Business Mathematics, Oral And Written Communication, Computer Literate, Telephone Etiquette, Career Counseling, Tutoring
- Responsible for assisting and monitoring students, staff, and faculty in the resource center.
- Provided students and faculty in their use of the materials, books, equipment, and computers in the library and learning resource center.
- Provided students and faculty members with assistance in logging into computers, instruction in navigation, and correct logging-off procedures.
- Answered questions about online usage, rebooted computers when necessary, and made referrals to the computer lab for patrons having major problems with online operations.
- Prepared equipment for daily use by stocking and maintaining paper in the printers and copiers.
- Monitored and fixed minor problems such as paper jams or miss-fed documents, reported operational problems or need for repair of computers or other equipment to the appropriate authority.
- Organized and maintained a wide inventory of books, newspapers, magazines, and other materials and documents available for use by students and faculty.
- Checked bookshelves for misfiled or misplaced books and corrected as necessary.
Associate Of Arts
High School Library Assistant Resume
Headline : Highly organized High School Library Assistant offering exceptional administrative and customer service support. A people person with a strong ability to work independently and multi-task effectively. Core skills include Client and Consumer Relations, Quality Control, Call handling in a metrics-based environment, Problem Resolution Account Management, Data Entry, and Organization Professional Correspondence, Research and Analytical Skills, Organizational Skills.
Skills : Leader, Excellent Computer, Honest, Motivated, Excellent Customer Service, Adaptability, Creative Problem Solver, Cash Management, Library Maintenance, Inventory Control, Telecommunication, Excellent Communication
- Helped patrons find and use library resources, such as reference materials, audiovisual equipment, computers, and other electronic resources, and provide technical assistance when needed.
- Answered routine telephone or in-person reference inquiries, referring patrons to librarians for further assistance, when necessary.
- Processed print and non-print library materials to prepare them for inclusion in library collections.
- Cataloged and sorted the books and other print and non-print materials according to the procedure, and returned them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Delivered and retrieved items throughout the library by hand or using pushcart.
- Verified bibliographical data for materials, including author, title, publisher, publication date, and edition.
- Checked for damaged library materials such as books, or audiovisual equipment, and provide replacements or make repairs.
- Conducted reference searches, using printed materials and in-house and online databases.
Shift Leader/Library Assistant Resume
Headline : Shift Leader/Library Assistant with 5 years of experience. Highly-accomplished and a quick learner. Has experience in administrations and excellent computer skills. Understand the concepts of policies and procedures and the outline of the criminal justice system. Hard worker and get along great with the public. Good communication skills and very organized.
Skills : Leadership, Time Management, Communication, Organizational, Behavioral, Team Player, Respectful, Prepared, Listening, Interpersonal, Transferable, Writing And General.
- Checking books and materials in and out to patrons using the computerized circulation system.
- Responsible for performing day to day functions of learning resource center which include but are not limited to inventory library materials, shelf read to ensure materials are in correct order, register new students and update previous information for current students, and shelve returned materials.
- Designing and implementing the children's outreach program for the bookmobile.
- Using library software and following procedures to check out materials to patrons.
- Interacting directly with customers and working to resolve their problems and inquiries.
- Driving and opening the bookmobile to the public as a solo shift in the absence of the regular bookmobile librarian.
- Proofreading student essays and assisting with the writing of bibliographies and citations.
- Assisting students, staff, and faculty members with locating books, periodicals, journals, and articles specific to their needs.
- Organizing mail and giving assistance to the supervisor in obtaining serial information such as ISSN numbers.
BS in English
Library Assistant Level 2 Resume
Summary : Experienced Library Assistant and educator adept at problem-solving, customer service, and training hardworking quality staff Highlights Hardworking, ambitious and willing to learn Able to meet high pressured deadlines, Enjoys working with the public, Works well with minimal supervision, Leader, Excellent Computer, Honest, Motivated Customer Service, Adaptability, Creative Problem Solver.
Skills : Wordpress, Word, Photoshop, Photography, Microsoft Project, Teaching, Research, Indesign, Moodle, Blackboard, Mac OS X, PC, Android
- Overseeing the outreach program for shut-in patrons to receive library materials and issue library cards.
- Registering patrons to permit them to borrow books, periodicals, and other library materials.
- Locating library materials for loan and replace material in shelving area, stacks, or files according to identification number and title.
- Compiling records, sort, shelve, issue, and receive library materials such as books, electronic media, pictures, cards, slides, and microfilm.
- Working with, and helping the patrons with computer details and internet searches.
- Assisting students in the check-out process of library materials including books, computers, movies, and periodicals.
- Responsible for locating the use of library resources and equipment, financial transactions and maintaining the library's public areas.
- Sanitizing machinery for work use and oversee orders and organizing products, palletize, line feeder, box machine operator.
- Disposing of all product waste, clean machines before and after each work day.
MPS in Training And Development
Library Assistant II Resume
Objective : Hard-working and motivated Library Assistant with one plus years of experience seeking a career in the services and customer service industry. Seeking an Administrative position with an organization that will allow me to fully utilize my communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
Skills : Customer Service, Library Assistant, Nutritional Sciences, Laboratory Research, Computer Literate
- Assisted librarians on special projects with shelving, moving or locating items when necessary volunteered to cover weekend shifts including Saturdays volunteered to assist with library programs.
- Assisted supervisor with the upkeep of overdue items records when necessary.
- Straightened shelves so that materials are arranged in the proper order and shelves are tidy.
- Provided circulation services associated with shelving library materials, placing reserves, automated circulation system, collecting and clearing fines.
- Worked on special projects as the technology liaison, including learning about and teaching new technologies to staff.
- Gave group presentations to students, faculty, and staff with regards to library resources and potential career opportunities.
- Tutored students in Math and English and lead a resume-building workshop and various clubs weekly.
- Assisted with any technical issues with regards to computer software and hardware.
BS in English
Library Assistant Resume
Summary : An adaptable and responsible Library Assistant with 10 years of experience seeking a career that will utilize my education, strategic thinking skills, creativity and ability to adapt in fast-paced environments. Skills include: Excellent Customer Service, Microsoft Word/Excel, Paint, PowerPoint, Data Entry, Friendly, Loyal, Cash Management, Store Maintenance, Inventory Control, Telecommunication, Excellent Communication
Skills : Organization And Communication, Thorough Note Taker And Proofreader, Customer Service Experience, Organization Management, Time Management, Navigating Mac And PC Systems, Microsoft Office, Event Planning And Budgeting, Strong Customer Service
- Supervised volunteers in specific library duties, including shelving, processing and special projects.
- Consulted with colleagues to design and implemented meaningful and appealing displays.
- Created display for seasonal and special occasions, such as poetry month, black history month, and back to school themes.
- Performed regular cataloging of new acquisitions, maintaining accurate data and building a strong knowledge base of the library's materials.
- Responded to numerous reference questions on a daily basis, referring students to appropriate resources and offering training in research techniques.
- Assisted with the upkeep and maintenance of office equipment, making service calls when needed and mailing recycled ink cartridges back.
- Answered phones and directed phone calls to the appropriate recipients filed loose leaf updates for library collections as well as staff/faculty copies.
- Helped people with valuable research that is needed for there schooling.
Mass Media Communication