Loss Mitigation Underwriter Resume
Objective : Dedicated and detail- oriented Mortgage Professional with exceptional background developing and lending processing departments to fuel rapid growth while building strong investor and borrower relationships.
Skills : Well-developed Analytical, Decision Making, Verbal.
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting Conventional/ FHA loans; Assist with VA loans and analyze credit reports for debt to income ratio, determining if income will support required debt.
- Ensured that the property specifications and loan terms meet financial institution requirements and government regulations.
- Evaluated Debt ratio, loan to value ratios, credit score, property evaluation, and various other factors.
- Updated financial in DLQ3 screen/ pulling credit reports & sending docs out to borrowers.
- Monitored our pipeline portfolio and DIMA Report on a daily basis, responsible for 6-8 loans day.
- Documented the reasons for approval or denial of the loan and added the documentation to the loan file.
- Communicated with partners and vendors to get the loan closed before the rate expiration.
Diploma In Basics
Sr. Loss Mitigation Underwriter Resume
Objective : Over 5 + years of demonstrating expertise in Underwriting, Risk and Compliance guides and QA methodology. Experience coordinating with SVPs and Senior Management in process implementations and employee coaching for Mortgage Servicing.
Skills : Spanish, Swedish, American Sign Language.
- Advised financial options for defaulted mortgages/at-risk foreclosure mortgages.
- Removed foreclosure accounts with bankruptcy's assistance.
- Managed a $15 million portfolio of high-risk home equity loans in default.
- Consisted top producer each month, averaging $6 million in loan resolutions per month.
- Completed Analyzing Income Training on Training Central to increase my risk underwriting knowledge.
- Balanced the need for loan-volume growth with the equally important necessity of optimum underwriting quality to minimize risk while maximizing.
- Provided meticulous attention to detail in underwriting mortgages.
Bachelors Of Business
Jr. Loss Mitigation Underwriter Resume
Summary : Accomplished banking professional with a strong background in credit, lending, risk management and collections. Excellent at building rapport and maintaining relationships with clients.
Skills : Vendor Management, Credit Analysis, Underwriting, Training & Development, Communication.
- Reduced SunTrust and Investor losses by reviewing customer's household financial circumstances to determine the best option to avoid foreclosure.
- Accountable for the protection of the MBS-servicing portfolio by adhering to government regulations and investor requirements.
- Assigned to the COBO program to complete IFR pre-foreclosure sale reviews adhering to OCC standards.
- Reviewed workout options and solutions for monthly pipeline exceeding $30 million.
- Assisted management with quality control processes to ensure the accuracy of approvals and rejections.
- Able to accurately review credit reports, appraisals, title reports, all income documentation, and assets and calculate debt to income ratios and loan to value ratios to determine workout qualifications.
- Reviewed mortgage modification documents for accuracy and compliance.
- Entered modification information into internal systems for processing and completion.
Bachelors Of Business
Loss Mitigation Underwriter III Resume
Objective : Seasoned Mortgage Servicing professional with high levels of Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Loan Modifications, Loss Mitigation, Underwriting and Customer Service knowledge seeks a challenging position with growth potential and financial stability as well as provides a stable working environment that offers skill enhancement.
Skills : KYC, AML/BSA, Underwriting.
- Analyzed financial statements, develop and evaluate operating and project reports, review and evaluate risks that define the value of assets and liabilities.
- Evaluated and analyzed loan modifications with data issues for accuracy.
- Implemented and facilitated strategies to review for errors to increase informed planned communication and origination.
- Coordinated and defined modification of loan terms and conditions for clients to manage and budget.
- Developed a financially feasible solution to enable them to avoid foreclosure and maintain their residence.
- Negotiated and executed payment arrangements to cure delinquencies.
- Attained strong knowledge of FNMA, FMLA, FHA, VA loans and the HSSN (Fannie Mae's Home Saver Solutions Network).
Associates In Education
Loss Mitigation Underwriter II Resume
Summary : Loss Mitigation Underwriter with 10+ years Banking and Telecommunications experience which includes loss mitigation underwriting, portfolio management, problem solving, customer resolutions, and providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, with a working knowledge of servicing systems.
Skills : AS400, Homebase, Homesaver, Statusmart, Urban, LMA.
- Reviewed credit applications and render appropriate credit decisions within credit policy requirements and in compliance with all regulations.
- Assessed borrower hardship, analyze housing expenses, identify any potential fraud and determine proper loan resolutions.
- Reviewed credit applications, credit bureaus, tax returns, financial statements, and or other supporting documentation to decision requests within SLA guidelines.
- Responsible for ordering appraisals (interior/exterior), title reports and flood certificate.
- Reviewed the recommended foreclosure prevention alternative offered to the homeowner to ensure all investor/insurer guidelines were followed.
- Ensured loan requests meet program and product specifications or communicate to the customer assistant specialist necessary information.
- Analyzed delinquency, perform escrow analysis, analyze modification scenarios and proposals and recommend appropriate loan workout.
- Responsible for timely and accurate database maintenance as well as updates and corrections in all related systems.
Associates In Corporate
Loss Mitigation Underwriter I Resume
Summary : Over 5 years of banking experience within accounting, customer service, mortgage and loan processing. Personable and outgoing, works well as a member of a team, and is a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision.
Skills : Type 65 wpm, Multi-line phones, Ten key.
- Audited score at 95% with an average of 5 loans a day.
- Reviewed title, appraisal, flood cert, HOI, HOA, CONDO FEES, flood cert, bank statement, credit report, etc.
- Conducted soft reject seeking verbal clarifications from CAS and hard rejects files based on document imperfection.
- Created reports to ensure documents are consistent and uphold company /industrial guidelines.
- Checked pipeline to ensure files are within DOJ (days of judgment) to ensure a clean and complete closure of files in a timely manner.
- Calculated borrower's income based on paystubs, P&L, Benefit statement, self-employed to be included in agent desktop in order to know what decision has been recommended for the borrower.
- Verified fraud alert as a precaution to ensure the quality and right decision timeline for all clients.
Loss Mitigation Underwriter/Analyst Resume
Objective : To consistently meet and exceed expectations in a high-performance work place, take up challenging roles, willing to learn new concepts and add value to the role and the organization with capabilities and achieve business goals within desired timelines.
Skills : Dynamics AX, Word, SAP.
- Ensured all daily operation requirements are documented, assigned and completed within required SLA's.
- Provided financial and/or delinquency counseling to delinquent mortgagors by providing workout solutions.
- Analyzed a variety of income and asset variables to assess loan quality and ensure appropriateness.
- Determined conditions and pertinent loan-level correspondence to send to borrowers.
- Approved or rejected residential loans within the prescribed authority to Analyze borrower's credit profile, collateral, and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation.
- Created and maintained ARM (Adjustable Rate Mortgage) contracts with balloon payments for forbearance plans.
- Reviewed performing repayment & calculated stipulated repayment plan loans and through borrower contact and loan analysis.
Associates Of Arts
Asst. Loss Mitigation Underwriter Resume
Summary : Accomplished Senior Level Underwriter with over 15 years of experience in Mortgage Lending, Home Lending Modifications and Mediations. Recognized as an experienced Mortgage Underwriter with knowledge of the Retail, Wholesale, Correspondent Lending, Compliance and Due Diligence.
Skills : 10-Key, Excel, Word, Early Resolution, MSP, Loss Mitigation Under Writing.
- Competed review loan files to ensure compliance with guidelines.
- Determined the best possible loan workout solution and recommendation in conjunction with client (JP Morgan Chase) guidelines.
- Worked with internal areas, external third party vendors and borrowers, through both written and verbal negotiations, in an attempt to mitigate foreclosure and REO avoidance/losses.
- Reviewed and analyze borrowers' financial documents such as financial statements, hardship letters, tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs, profit and loss statements, BPO's/AVM's, and credit bureau reports.
- Generated letters/tasks and add documents to the imaging system to substantiate recommendations.
- Notified foreclosure attorney regarding the status of loss mitigation activity.
- Managed email communication from internal and external sources and respond in a timely, professional manner.
Loss Mitigation Underwriter/Officer Resume
Headline : Dedicated and highly organized business professional with a versatile customer service skill set. Reliable, self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
Skills : Customer Service, Collections, Computer Programs, Loss Mitigation Underwriting.
- Assessed risk and ensured that borrowers were qualified for loss mitigation options Order and review title report, appraisal, tax transcripts, and credit report.
- Obtained needed documentation from borrowers and third-party vendors.
- Processed and closed loan modifications for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and HFI loans.
- Performed second reviews on all files to ensure accuracy for compliance.
- Submited files to investors for approval of loan modification (Fannie Mae Freddie Mac and FHA).
- Communicated final resolutions to the borrower or third party.
- Reviewed and assessed financial package to ensure receipt and accuracy of all documents prior to forwarding mediation and litigation.
- Determined whether gaps exist in loss mitigation policies and procedures.
Loss Mitigation Underwriter Resume
Headline : Highly qualified and accomplished mortgage professional with 15+ years of experience in banking services and loans products. Offer strong background with loan processing/underwriting and excel in staff training, mentoring, and leadership.
Skills : Expertise In Conventional, USDA, FHA, VA, HARP, FNMA And FHLMC Loans.
- Responsible for the underwriting of loss mitigation options for all workout types on FHA Loans.
- Informed applicant of loan denial or acceptance.
- Called applicant or other persons to resolve discrepancies in provided documentation or submission processes.
- Prepared Trial and Modification documentation.
- Worked in collaboration and partnership with other team members.
- Able to analyze and evaluate credit reports, residential appraisals, financial statements, and tax returns.
- Prioritized workload based on mandatory requirements and member service level agreements.
- Maintained a positive attitude and was able to work in a team environment.
Bachelor Of Science