MDS Coordinator Resume
Summary : Experienced nurse in ensuring quality, culturally and competent care to a wide variety of patients with diverse needs. A strong team player and an effective delegator with excellent people and organizational skills. Seeking a position with a professional health care organization where can use skills to provide quality care.
Skills : Work very well on computers.
- Knowledge of regulations and requirements for Medicare, Medicaid, HMO and in the utilization of RUGS.
- Contributes to the center interdisciplinary RAI process while following RAI guidelines for completion, computer encoding and electronic transmission of the MDS.
- Coordinates the completion of the resident assessment instrument: MDS, CATs, and CAAs, in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the resident assessment.
- Assists with providing ADL training to new hires and with ongoing continuing education in conjunction with other pertinent nursing and facility management.
- Report's significant events such as near misses, adverse events, patient/family complaints, and any situation that will affect the safe delivery of patient-centered care in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates effective communication, conflict resolution, team building, and leadership skills.
- Proactive rounds with team members on the unit, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Assists in monitoring staff performance, behaviors, and competency for performance reviews.
Associate In Science
Sr. MDS Coordinator Resume
Summary : Service-minded MDS 3.0 certified Registered Nurse with over 10 years of nursing experience in long-term care and psychiatric facilities. Expertise in health assessments, treatment, monitoring and evaluation. Skilled at building rapport with patients, families and working effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
Skills : Detail Oriented, Data Entry, Customer Service, Computer Skills, Time Management Skills.
- Interviewed residents, family members and staff, to accurately capture and document admission, quarterly and comprehensive assessments.
- Completed Minimum Data Set (MDS) including Care Area Assessments and Care Plans in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Ensured the MDS is accurate and submitted to the state database and ensured that necessary corrections were done or follow up actions were taken.
- Collaborated with the multidisciplinary team/rehab to schedule correct resident assessments.
- Ensured timely scheduling and completion of the initial care plan, annual review, readmission, significant change and quarterly review in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the resident assessment.
- Acted as a case manager for Managed Medicare and Medicaid residents by considering all aspects of the resident's care and coordinating services with physicians, families and third party payers and facility staff.
- Participated and served in various committees of the facility.
Jr. MDS Coordinator Resume
Summary : Professionally trained Registered Nurse with experience ensuring high standards of culturally competent care for wide variety of patients with diverse needs.
Skills : Evaluation, Organization, Professionalism.
- Completion of the nursing assessment through data collection from resident charts, complete interview process with each resident and collection of all pertinent information for completion of MDS.
- Work in collaboration with all departments in the preparation and the execution of the residents care plan.
- Assist with determining the financial outcome for both the resident and center.
- Work closely with the Director of Therapy Services to maintain accurate record and reports of therapy's provided to the resident.
- Review of resident's charts including both the entrance data and ongoing documentation and care provided is within the standards and compliance with DOH and Federal Regulations.
- Submission of all MDS records to the CMS site both timely and within guidelines set by CMS.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records for both discharged and those residents who reside at the center.
- Report to the NHA, the regional MDS Coordinator and others within our organization all expected reports and ongoing CMI updates.
MDS Coordinator III Resume
Summary : Proven ability to utilize inspiring leadership, personal drive, creative vision, and analytical skill to yield successful delivery of both team and individual goals, actively contributing to organizational growth.
Skills : Computer Skills.
- Assessed and inputted information for the MDS, wrote care plans according to the RAI process for 40 residents.
- Performed necessary investigation for falls, and making sure that all interventions were appropriate.
- In charge of setting up care plan meetings for family members; responsible for ensuring that the survey notebook was ready to go and that everyone had their information in it and it was up to date.
- Chairman of the enhancement committee, which was an addition to the activity program.
- Worked the floor as needed as a charge nurse; Worked with AMH and the Geri psychiatrist to make sure that regulations regarding psychotropic medications were being met.
- Wrote care plans that helped guide the floor staff members in providing comfort care for dying patients.
- Monitored the effectiveness of wound treatments, nutritional interventions and make any recommendations that were needed to help better care for the residents.
MDS Coordinator II Resume
Summary : Currently working as MDS Coordinator at long term care facility, managing both Medicare and Medicaid. Schedule assessments, co-ordinate with therapy for dates and work with Nurses and CNA'S to ensure that proper documentation is in place for correct reimbursement.
Skills : Records Review, Staff Education, Auditing, Infection Control, Records Review For Legal Case Merit.
- Completed admission, quarterly, annual and significant change resident assessments following the CMS designated timetable and transmitted to the state site.
- Completed established assessments for all Medicare/Managed Care residents following CMS designated timetables and transmitted to the state site.
- Supplied Managed Care Insurance companies with weekly updates on resident's progress, discharges to acute setting and perspective discharge dates.
- Provided billing department with RUG scores, transmittal dates and batch numbers for skilled residents.
- Established monthly calendars for upcoming MDS schedules and conducted interdisciplinary care conferences.
- Participated in weekly PAR (Patients at Risk Meetings), discussing; behavioral, clinical, nutritional and skin changes along with any necessary interventions.
- Completed RAPS and wrote care plans/updated care plans for each resident according to established MDS schedule.
Associates In Nursing
MDS Coordinator I Resume
Objective : Recent employment has been in long term care working as MDS Coordinator for past six years.
Skills : Management, Administrative Support, MDS Certified.
- Coordinate the completion of resident MDS in compliance with State and Federal requirements.
- Calculate triggers and develop resident assessment protocols for initiation of care plan.
- Ensure completion of MDS completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Identify each resident's level of functioning in accordance with RAI manual guidelines.
- Ensure each MDS accurately identifies the lowest level of functioning allowable to maximize reimbursement opportunities as allowable by Federal and State law.
- Ensure that C.N.A.'s, nurses and other IDT disciplines accurately completed required clinical record documentation in order to correctly complete MDS scoring.
- Coordinate and/or assist with weekly interdisciplinary care conferences and Medicare meetings.
- Maintain MDS and support clinical record documentation according to State & Federal requirements and in conjunction with Facility policies/procedures.
BSN In Nursing
Lead MDS Coordinator Resume
Summary : Experienced and responsible Registered Nurse with strong clinical & communication skills, demonstrated by 40 + years of experience in healthcare, and looking for limited hours of work as on Social Security (Preferably 1 or 2 days / week maximum).
Skills : IV certified, MDS training 2.0 and 3.0.
- Completing and submitting all required assessmentswithin the guidelines and timeframe estableshed by CMS.
- Understanding the entire RAI process and its correlating effect on Quality Measures, then using this knowledge to continually work on improving areas of need.
- Create, implement and maintain accurate short and comprehensive plans of care.
- Took pride in payning close attention to detail in my care plans to ensure all potential problems were adequately addresed.
- Proficient collection of data regarding our patient's physical needs, nutritional requirements, cognitive ability, behavior patterns and mood.
- Using this data to create plans of care to define the supportive roles to be played by medical staff, rehabilitation specialists, dieticians, and social services.
- Monitoring these plans to ensure that our resident patients are receiving the most ethical, effective and consistent care possible.
Asst. MDS Coordinator Resume
Objective : Recently relocate to Greenville area and would like to to pursue a challenging career in the health-care industry that affords openings for advancement within a flexible work environment while allowing opportunity to interact, manage, and assist families in crisis.
Skills : Nurse Manager, LPN Charge Nurse.
- Coordinated in assessment of patients and ensured timely completion of the RAI adhering to Medicare, OBRA and Insurance requirements.
- Provided and coordinated patient care activities on the assigned unit.
- Monitored the assignment of residents to Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs) and the payment periods associated with the MDS schedules.
- Developed and maintained on-going MDS schedules for each resident.
- Communicated with physicians, nurses, CNAs, coworkers, interdisciplinary team members and families, regarding resident's clinical condition.
- Adhered to established departmental, center and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety environment.
- Provided direct resident care ensuring adherence to established plans.
- Conducted and documented thorough assessment of each resident's medical status upon admission.
Vocational In Nursing
Associate MDS Coordinator Resume
Summary : Licensed Practical Nurse Highly skilled career professional with more than 18years practical experience in hospital, public health, and primary care environments. Established in the MDS process, including patient assessment and interviewing, PPS and OBRA scheduling, QI/QM reports, using the five star system to create and implement plans for improvement within a facility Experienced in all areas of nursing management in Long term and rehab nursing environment.
Skills : PCC EMR.
- Responsible for assuring the timely completion of accurate assessments and interdisciplinary care plans that meet Federal and State guidelines.
- Identifying resident acuity and needs, helping to determine specific care needs and communicating needs /expectations to families and responsible parties.
- Completes assessments, Minimum Data Set (MDS) and care plans for all residents assigned.
- Monitors completion of MDSs by other disciplines within timeframes prescribed by regulatory guidelines.
- Advises supervisor of incomplete and/or untimely assessments by disciplines other than nursing.
- Ensures accurate, timely completion of the MDS/CAA'S for assigned residents.
- Initiates care plans and supporting activities that will result in best possible outcome for assigned residents.
- Generates and distributes monthly care plan calendar for the following month.
Certified MDS Coordinator Resume
Objective : Exceptionally trained and highly motivated new grad Registered Nurse looking for a position in the acute health setting with excellent skills in caring for patients and providing them with great quality patient care.
Skills : Management.
- Audits charts routinely, reviews hospital information, review MD orders, complete diagnosis list.
- Complete admission and discharge assessments and keep track of admission/re-entry/discharges including completion of certification and recertification for skilled coverage.
- Provide clinical expertise in documentation, including MDS assessments, Medicare PPS, weekly summaries, quarterly and annual assessments and care planning.
- Assist RNs in assessing residents who are experiencing acute changes and notifying physicians promptly.
- Attends required meetings such as stand up, in services, PPS, triple check, IDTs and UR.
- Conduct training programs for appropriate staff on the completion and use of the MDS and care planning.
- Tracks Medicare residents to determine and appropriate Medicare eligibility and benefit period by assessing skilled level of need.
MDS Coordinator/Consultant Resume
Summary : To maintain accurate & timely completion of MDS assessments as described in the RAI manual. To provide effective management skills to assist in the smooth operation of a long-term care facility. To successfully develop an effective strategy to maximize reimbursement revenue, while complying with Medicaid and medicare regulations. To work effectively with other IDT members to facilitate proper care planning for our residents.
Skills : MDS coordinator, icd 10 and rstorative experience.
- Complete MDS assessments for Managed Care and Medicare residents accurately and timely following state requirements and the RAI manual.
- Coordinate insurance information with case manager designee to ensure proper managed care reimbursement.
- Worked closely with BOM and director of rehab to ensure Medicare days and benefits are accurate and diagnosis are appropriate and accurate for billing.
- Teaching proper documentation to nurses and aides for optimal reimbursement and to meet OIG requirements.
- Constructed quality care plans that reflect accurate portrayal of residents and care given.
- Work closely with the Social Workers for prompt and proper discharges Construct quality care plans that reflect accurate portrayal of residents and care given.
- Completing PASSAR assessments for residents in compliance with CMS regulations.
MDS Coordinator Resume
Objective : Compassionate Licensed Practical Nurse with 10+ years' experience in healthcare. Skilled in providing exceptional care to diverse patient populations. Proven track record of consistently exceeding the expectations of physicians, patients, and staff. Loyal and collaborative team player.
Skills : Patient Care, Assessments, Vitals, Medication Administration, IV Therapy, HIPPA Compliance, Data Entry, PointClickCare, AccuCare.
- Maintain MDS schedule, be accessible to members of the interdisciplinary team, and provide clear, updated information on completion deadlines.
- Participate in the IDT walking rounds and 72 hours care conferences.
- Participate in PPS management system to maximize outcomes for Medicare A residents.
- Schedule, complete, and transmit all MDS assessments to state database in a timely manner to ensure appropriate billing.
- Communicate with physicians, CNAs, Nurses, families, IDT, and residents regarding residents' clinical conditions.
- Coordinate Care Plan meetings with family, residents, and staff.
- Responsible for updating Care Plans on a daily basis as needed.
- Comply with RAI process assuring the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of the MDS assessment and CAAS.
Associate Of Science