Medical Lab Technician Resume
Objective : Looking to work as a lab technician in a facility where my skills and knowledge will be used. I'm great with adhering to any of the strictest professional standards, policies and procedures. Looking for a suitable position with an employer that has in its workplace a combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare.
Skills : Quickbooks, MS Office, Peachtree, Dapiv, Fourth Shift, Cerner, Great Plains, Sharepoint, Navigation, Schedule Appointments, 10-Key, Data Entry, Shipping, Invoicing, Payroll, Full Cycle Aounts Payable, Bookkeeping.
- Utilized extensive phlebotomy skills to draw blood from a wide variety of patients and gained a favorable reputation for dealing with difficult procedures and patients.
- Processed specimens for testing or transport to reference lab and performed various in office STAT tests.
- Interpreted results and determined appropriate action needed when inaccuracies arose.
- Managed Quality Control Program, Proficiency Program, and Credentialing Programs with various agencies for the lab while maintaining an excellent rating with all agencies involved.
- Performed all calibration, maintenance and trouble-shooting on laboratory and office equipment.
- Trained medical staff in the implementation of new procedures, tests and technologies in the laboratory through one-on-one training and in-service classes.
- Cross-trained in other areas of medical office such as patient triage, EKG, spirometry, audio testing, Knowledge of front desk procedures such as scheduling, basic billing and coding, insurance, referral procedures, medical records filing.
- Gained valuable customer service and problem solving skills through interaction with patients and vendors and by acting as a liaison between the reference lab and the physicians to investigate any problems and implement solutions.
Medical Lab Technician III Resume
Summary : Experienced medical laboratory scientist with ASCP certification and over four years of experience working in military hospitals. Searching for a medical technologist position in the state of Tennessee Excellent clinical laboratory skills, with commended performance conducting/analyzing laboratory assays and resolving complex clinical and instrumental problems. Accurate, reliable, diligent, and focused on the timely, quality completion of all lab procedures.
Skills : Medical Therapist.
- Collect and prepare specimens and perform laboratory procedures used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Verify, record, and report lab results on all performed tests.
- Ensure compliance with government requirements, hospital policies and laboratory procedures, including maintaining the cleanliness of lab equipment, instruments and work area.
- Key Contributions: Executed and analyzed tests in areas including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, blood bank, serology and bacteriology to aid physicians in diagnosing and treating disease.
- Consistently commended for the timely, high-quality completion of both routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens (including blood and other body fluids).
- Ensured test-result validity before recording/reporting results.
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate test results effectively with physicians, pathologists and nursing staff as a member of interdisciplinary team focused on providing exemplary quality of care.
- Evaluated quality control within laboratory using standard laboratory test and measurement controls, and maintained compliance with CLIA, OSHA, safety and risk-management guidelines.
Medical Lab Technician II Resume
Summary : Experience medical laboratory technician with ASCP certification, six years of as an experience lab technician. Excellent clinical laboratory skills, with commended performance conducting/ analyzing laboratory assays and resolving instrument problems. Accurate, reliable, diligent and focused in the timely, quality completion of the all lab procedures. Work well under pressure and time constraints with high volume environment.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Powerpoint.
- Lead Site Project Manager for the implementation of a new enterprise-wide Armed Service Blood Program Electronic Health Record System.
- Coordinated and implemented training programs to help reach all levels of the learning experience.
- Participated in a team workgroup on Lean Six Sigma Project to insure proper placement of processing stations to ensure that the most productivity was occurring in the Lab.
- Developed and implemented a customer survey program to provide feedback on patient experience.
- Provided an area of input to help provide recommendations to improve patients experience and satisfaction.
- Responsible for coordinating and sending out quarterly reports.
- Performed daily clerical duties such as maintaining spreadsheets in excel, outlook, word documents, entering and verifying results in DBSS/CHCS, filing, stocking supplies, and writing Standard Operating Procedures.
Health Care Management
Medical Lab Technician I Resume
Headline : Worked in the funeral home business for 13 years prior to going back to school and getting my associates in applied science/ MLT degree and obtaining a certification thru ASCP.
Skills : Clinical Assays, Phlebotomy.
- Supervised, tested, facilitated and prepared specimen of blood and urine in a facility that treats up to 500 people per day of which potentially 100 patients were personally drawn within an average of 3-4 min per patient.
- Completing a service of potentially, more than 1000 patients per month.
- Secured the integrity of 99.9% of patient samples from a total population of over 20,000.
- Safely and accurately collected blood from children of all ages including neonates and toddlers via venipuncture and foot/fingersticks.
- Ensured compliance with government requirements, hospital policies and laboratory procedures, including maintaining the cleanliness of lab equipment, instruments and work area.
- Executed and analyzed tests in areas including chemistry, hematology and urinalysis, to aid physicians in diagnosing and treating disease.
- Consistently commended on conscientiously thorough, efficient and fast specimen testing and patient care.
Medical Lab Technician/Supervisor Resume
Summary : Trained in precision testing and qualified knowledge of many areas of the laboratory world. Experience in demanding ER environments or individual patient challenges in the lab setting, have taught me how to turn potentially adverse situations into positive opportunities.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Organizational Development, Ordering, Communications, Billing, Medical Records, Meditech.
- Executed and analyzed tests in areas including chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, and serology, microbiology to aid physicians in diagnosing and treating disease.
- Consistently commended for the timely, high-quality completion of both routine and special laboratory assays of patient specimens.
- Ensured test-result validity before recording/reporting results, earning a reputation for meticulous attention to detail.
- Assisted in maintaining the laboratory procedure manual and quality assurance plan.
- Evaluated quality control within the laboratory using standard laboratory test and measurement controls, and maintained compliance with CLIA, OSHA, safety and risk-management guidelines.
- Managed a variety of daily maintenance and quality control tasks, including troubleshooting and calibration and preparing reagents.
- Ordered supplies Correct billing issues dealing with ICD9 codes.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Medical Lab Technician Resume
Summary : To obtain a responsible position as a medical laboratory technician within a progressive, growth-oriented organization to utilize my skill and experience.
Skills : Medical Lab Technician.
- Prepare, process, and document samples for the laboratory to carry out the requested tests on them.
- Perform tests in biochemistry, hematology, urinalysis, clinical pathology, immunoassay, coagulation, immunology, microbiology and virology, and electrolytes and trace element departments with accuracy.
- Complete assigned workload within established turnaround time by organizing the work according to test ordering status.
- Assess the urgency of a test and uses this assessment to select the order in which the tasks are performed.
- Perform more difficult and complex tests and examinations and re-test where abnormal or atypical results were obtained.
- Ability to work independently or with a group of people toward a common goal.
- Ensure quality and quantity of specimen provided are in conformity with requirements of laboratory protocols.
- Perform quality control on all reagents and analyzers.
Jr. Medical Lab Technician Resume
Summary : Seeking position within an organization that can fully utilize my skills to achieve their business needs and objectives.
Skills : Microsoft office, Medical Lab knowledge, Medical instruments and troubleshooitng.
- Perform laboratory testing in a timely manner on instruments as assigned: Ortho Vitros 5600, Sysmex XN, ACL Top, Cellavision, Beckman Coulter iRICELL 2000, TOSOH G8, OC-Auto, BD Affirm, Bactec, Cepheid, and Biofire.
- Responsible for duty on various shifts, occasionally required to work alone making decisions based on knowledge of laboratory procedures.
- During peak workload hours, often rotated to different areas of the laboratory.
- Obtain and maintain specimen integrity through all phases of testing, storage, transport, and reporting.
- Prioritize, perform, correlate, record, and report accurate and valid quality control and patient test results.
- Identify discrepancies, conditions, or unusual results and perform corrective actions as necessary.
- Communicate and correctly document critical values, rejected specimens, and corrected results within established time frames.
Associate Of Science
Medical Lab Technician/Representative Resume
Summary : A highly organized, take charge professional with more than twenty years of proven expertise in policy and procedure, recruiting and hiring practices, personnel development, retention approaches, and managerial support. Strong problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to develop and implement effective action plans Commitment to detail in doing the job right the first time in completing all projects.
Skills : Microsoft, Customer Service, Training, Medical Terminology, Leadership, Management Skills, Organizational Skills, Detail-Oriented, Military, Human Resources, Human Resources, Filing, Recruiting, Team Player.
- Assigned work and managed the schedules, operations, and work activities of designated staff within the department.
- Reviewed all abnormal results which are referred by designated technical staff.
- Ensured assigned area(s) meet state, federal, and other regulatory requirements.
- Assisted with maintenance and ongoing development of the laboratory information system.
- Investigated and reported to Director Incidents involving patients, employees, visitors, clients and the laboratory.
- Interpreted, enforced and supported Hospital policies, procedures, protocols and the terms and conditions of the Union bargaining agreement as applicable.
- Maintained good rapport and cooperative relationships, approaching conflict in a constructive manner, and helping to identify problems, offering solutions, and participating in their resolution.
Bachelor Of Science
Associate Medical Lab Technician Resume
Summary : To obtain employment with a reputable organization so that I may contribute to the delivery of quality healthcare.
Skills : Meditech, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Internet, People Skills, Communication Skills, Customer Service Skills, Phlebotomy, Quality Control, Procedures.
- Command Center Technician Analyze various body fluids for automated chemistries with a large scale volume of samples.
- Maintain, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation and automation line.
- Train new employees on various laboratory information systems and testing equipment.
- Use middleware with LIS and HIS to analyze data and deliver quality results.
- Evaluate and manage exceptional samples and handle abnormal results.
- Manage workflow activities of chemistry staff by advising accordingly during analyzer, or IT events and other production interruptions to maintain control of flow of samples, and accuracy of results.
- Received specialized training on Beckman AU 5800 instrumentation, and Beckman DXi instrumentation.
Medical Lab Technology
Medical Lab Technician Lead Resume
Objective : Enthusiastic, positive and quick-learning individual with over fifteen years of experience within the customer service and healthcare industries. Able to learn and comprehend new systems and methods quickly. Ability to relate easily with all kinds of people. Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Committed to excellent service and customer satisfaction. Ability to work creatively and effectively with staff and managers.
Skills : CCMA Certified Medical Assistant, CPT Certified Phlebotomy Technician, Class A CDL.
- Obtained venous and capillary blood samples on correctly identified patients within laboratory and TMC.
- Used the correct techniques to obtain specimens, which included drawing from appropriate sources and correct tubes based on the age.
- Kept work benches cleaned and abided the Standard of Precautions of TMC hospital.
- Received and transported incoming specimens and directed them to the appropriate department.
- Received incoming reference laboratory results, separate, and filed reports according to policy.
- Responsible for preparing cytology, surgical, and reference lab specimens for transport by the courier to the reference laboratory.
- Utilized RPMS and manual methods to correctly identify, collect, and accession patient samples.
BS In Biochemistry
Medical Lab Technician/Analyst Resume
Objective : Medical Lab Technician perform laboratory tests; analyze and report findings; and investigate atypical results and discrepancies to determine causation.
Skills : Medical Assistant, Lab Supervisor.
- Duties included performing procedures, specimen handling and processing, quality control, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting, reporting, documentation, and shipping/receiving.
- Followed established procedures and predetermined criteria.
- Identified problems that may have adversely affected test performance and/or results and used knowledge, deductive skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Resolved sample issues with ordering physician.
- Performed laboratory testing according to corresponding test specifications on specimens.
- Ensured proper samples were collected prior to distributing to appropriate section for testing.
- Shipped and received needed supplies, equipment, and samples to/from other sites.
Master Of Arts
Medical Lab Technician Resume
Summary : A dedicated, trusted, and competent health care professional with more than 21 years of experience in a variety of facilities, including hospitals, family practice and regional blood centers Demonstrates impeccable attention to detail in maintaining uniform, equipment, and patient records Provides clear and concise written documentation and timely completion of tasks Maintains patient confidentiality Commended for professional knowledge and pleasant demeanor by patients and colleagues.
Skills : MS Office, Lab Assistant.
- Worked in several areas of the lab such as microbiology, chemistry, and hematology.
- Collect samples and perform tests to analyze body fluids, such as blood, urine, tissue and other substances to determine normal or abnormal findings.
- Collect and study blood samples by identifying the number of cells, the cell morphology or the blood group, using microscope and cells counters.
- Prepare specimens and analyze the chemical and hormonal contents of body fluids.
- Examine and identify bacteria and other microorganisms.
- Use automated equipment capable of performing a number of tests at the same time.
- Enter results into patient's medical records; discuss results, findings of lab tests and procedures with physicians.
Aid In Nursing