Communications Director Resume
Summary : Seeking a challenging administration, communications, or customer service position that allows me to use the skills developed over the last 20 years as a part of a non-profit, Civil Rights organization, as well as the skills developed as a customer service expert.
Skills : Trained Journalist, Professional Editor, Publication Development And Management, Community Relations, Board Facilitation, Marketing Writing, Contract Management.
- Provided project management, product development and implementation, and content analysis for more than a dozen contracted projects annually.
- Completed original writing assignments for nationally disseminated publications.
- Collaborated with program staff to develop products for practitioners, policymakers, and families.
- Represented staff on the Center's Management Team responsible for budgets, personnel, contract development, and daily operations.
- Analyzed and conceptualized a broad range of materials including legal rights documents, research-based reports, technical papers, strategic plans, and education curricula in order to create family- and professional-friendly publications.
- Managed prepublication review processes, facilitated state-level workgroups, and served as staff liaison to Governor-appointed interagency advisory councils.
- Oversaw the statewide dissemination of nearly half a million outreach publications, reports, and related brochures annually.
Master Of Science
Marketing & Communications Director Resume
Summary : Communications Director and freelance writer with over 20 years experience writing for books, newspapers, magazines, newsletters and public relations materials. Highlights Researched and wrote all text for River of Revolutions Interpretive Center.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Indesign, Photoshop.
- Create monthly email newsletters, annual reports, and announcements for all events and programs Manage and maintain three websites Built up a databank of email contacts from about 300 to nearly 4,000.
- Write and distribute clear concise press releases that have a high rate of success in garnering attention from over 40 media contacts.
- Nurtured our membership base through fundraising letters and took a lead role in membership campaigns that now raise about $20,000 a year.
- Initiated and organized a 2014 River of the Year program series that included three lectures and book signings, a campfire presentation and a film screening.
- Assist with management and run online registration for several large annual events, including a bike ride along the Schuylkill River Trail and a 7-day, 112-mile canoe/kayak sojourn that draws over 200 paddlers each year.
- Maintain strong social media presence through Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, a Blog and a Facebook page that has grown to nearly 1,100 followers.
- Work with designers and printers to create brochures and other graphic materials.
- Composed text for region-wide visitors' center and published a pictorial history of the Schuylkill River region.
Media Relations/Communications Director Resume
Summary : Enthusiastic, creative and dedicated Marketing & Communications professional with success in developing and implementing strategic visions. Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Highly motivated to achieve exceptional results. Adept organization skills with ability to make the most effective use of available resources.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Social Media Management, Business Strategy, Turkish Language, Event Planning, Event Management, Wordpress, Marketing.
- Planned and prepared for events taking place at our facilities as well as the occasional off-site event.
- Events happened multiple times per week on a regular basis.
- Produced social media content in both English and Turkish.
- Regularly promoted Dernek events and activities in the local community by maintaining existing relationships with local business owners while always looking for new potential customers.
- Managed a schedule of bookings for use of our facilities by third parties to ensure there was no double- booking and that it was clear when our facilities were available for use.
- Regularly kept the business website up-to-date with a schedule of events and activities; assisted with a site redesign shortly after beginning work.
- Acted as a local guide and adviser for visiting tourists and students partnering with The Dernek, including booking hotels, using local knowledge and language skills to provide unique experiences, and connecting clients with locals.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Communications Director Resume
Summary : Challenging marketing and social media position in a dynamic and stable work environment where leadership, creativity and collaboration are embraced. Maximize my background in the educational, nursing and rehabilitation fields along with proficiencies in web based technologies to increase profitability and promote growth through development of programs and marketing initiatives.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Photography, Video Production, Event Management, Publisher.
- Brought nonprofit alcohol & drug-abuse treatment and recovery center to level as most-publicized among such agencies in the Philadelphia metro region.
- Created print, electronic and web-based communications tools and strategies; achieved extensive published and TV/radio placements; established as primary consulting source for reporters and editors.
- Developed a new communications and development office (sole staff, expanded to three) to promote to a regional and na- tional base of consumers and referral sources.
- Established extensive network of media contacts and strong portfolio of place- ments: general and business news, columnists / bloggers, national specialty publications, executive and human-interest profiles.
- Created internal communications for 250+ employees; public newsletter and new database, enlarging from 900 to 9,000 recipients; annual report; clinical and marketing publications.
- Created four websites; provided ongoing content renewal and new-feature initiatives.
- Produced institutional, program and event videos.
- Developed and managed special events (galas, media/public, institutional promotion, theatrical).
Jr. Communications Director Resume
Objective : Certified Clinical Microsystems & Quality Improvement Coach with The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice; coached a clinical practice team at Community Health Center, Inc. to improve healthcare delivery and outcomes for prenatal patients. Responsible for leading team to streamline processes and increase overall patient volume by 1,055 with in a year.
- Responsible for communicating with local businesses; state tourism officials, state legislation and other concerned parties about the importance of regional tourism marketing to the State's overall budget.
- Instrumental in developing a successful strategic partnership with regional tourism businesses that included development and management of a new regional marketing brand and creation of regional website with booking engine.
- Responsible for planning and executing strategic marketing and communications plan for the 42-town district and its tourism businesses.
- Wrote grants for marketing and outreach projects that were awarded more than $500,000 in funding.
- Administered website maintenance, including copywriting, photography, monthly promotions, and advertising placement.
- Directed and implemented social media, public relations, and marketing plans and budgets.
- Wrote and produced the bi-weekly, official e-newsletter for the organization and a monthly consumer-based e-newsletter.
Policy & Clinical Practice
Global Marketing Communications Director Resume
Headline : Sustainable Business Strategist and Media Producer with 25 years' experience in behavioral communications for food systems, renewable energy and energy conservation, holistic health and social justice. Diverse skills in creating cause-related marketing campaigns, producing digital media stories, and analyzing risks and opportunities. Founded an international organization, made award-winning documentary films, and authored mass-market book.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Steered development, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement of communications strategies and tools to advance the mission of this national association.
- Wrote, produced, distributed, and oversaw all print and electronic publications disseminating industry news and information, including the association's flagship magazine, electronic newsletters, and the association website.
- Developed materials to provide marketing and public relations support for a national conference, including the event program, press releases, advertisements, and other promotions.
- Created reports, newsletters, fact sheets, brochures, and tools for professionals such as Crisis Communications Guidelines.
- Updated content of website to enhance value to members.
- Managed public relations through relevant news media, including national newspapers and trade press.
- Provided communications support for efforts in government relations, professional development, education, state affiliate relations, and other areas.
- Conducted quality assessments through reader and user surveys to evaluate effectiveness of communications activities.
Master Of Fine Arts
Communications Director/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Ability to interact with media and maintain positive relationships with the business and vendor community. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks effectively.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Meltwater, Vocus, ExactTarget, Basecamp, Sprout Social.
- Communications Director Spearhead media relations, cultivating relationships with principal contacts and organizing press events.
- Formulate, craft, and pitch written communications, including op-eds, letters to the editor, and news releases, generating a record-high 300+ media hits in 2015.
- Advance AFP/F mission through serving as spokesperson for radio, newspaper, and television outlets.
- Create and implement social media strategies, capitalizing on new media channels to amplify messaging and delivering a 700% increase in Twitter followers and 300% increase in Facebook likes in two years.
- Drive organization's online presence, delivering fresh, top-notch, actionable content.
- Engage, inform, and mobilize grassroots activists via e-mail newsletters, action alerts, and events, surpassing industry standard 20% open rate on e-mail communications.
- Promote policy goals by tracking legislation, testifying for committees, and managing Taxpayer Scorecard.
Masters In Communication
Sr. Communications Director Resume
Summary : Executive Assistant offering 10+ years of administrative experience reporting to a CEO and top executives. Experienced in Human Resources and Social Media Marketing. Proficient user of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook). Fluent in Spanish.
Skills : Ghost writing and presentation creation on behalf of company leadership Human resources and benefits communications Social media Web and intranet content Corporate video Tradeshow and event planning, pre-marketing, and follow up activities.
- Supervised the Development Assistant, Database Coordinator, and Receptionist to streamline the department's structure and delegate routine and time consuming tasks, creating more face time with area philanthropists to focus on long-term projects.
- Supported the development of the Board of Directors, including prospect research, recruitment, and committee assembly.
- Initiated and maintained funding processes to ensure alignment with finance and program departments.
- Created and executed strategic marketing plans, including fundraisers, sponsorships, and implementation of cause-related marketing and donation campaigns.
- Brand Development: Led the development and implementation of a brand overhaul and Phase 1 rollout across four statewide locations and several satellite offices.
- Training & Inclusion: Steered the professional development of an employee with Asperger's Syndrome.
- Strategic Marketing: Drove organizational awareness by creating and executing fundraisers, sponsorships, and cause-related marketing and donation campaigns.
Jr. Communications Director Resume
Objective : Enthusiastic team player with extensive experience in graphics production and motivational training looking to contribute to the success. Significant experience in support and leadership of two distinctly different organizations.
Skills : Market Research, Journalist, Marketing Communications, Management.
- Managed, designed, and implemented communications strategies and budgets.
- Included internal communications amongst 14 international locations.
- Direct response marketing for fundraising and recruiting: direct mail, email marketing, adwords, website SEO, social media strategy, and other digital marketing tactics.
- Designed, produced and managed promotional media including print, video, and web material for fundraising campaigns and advertising.
- Designed the layouts and oversaw the development of a new website for Marine Reach Ministries and their 14 international locations.
- Included the creation and implementation of multiple admin levels and training tutorials for the specific roles.
- Designed Marine Reach Ministries' annual magazine Making Waves, along with the writing and editing of its content.
- Created and implemented a communications workflow, which involved the delegation and accountability of tasks and procedures, to be performed by various staff in the field and the offices.
Lead Communications Director Resume
Summary : Specializing in high tech communications markets. Over a decade of strong inside/outside sales experience with both tangible and intangible products. Willing to relocate. Dynamic, high energy and positive professional that regularly meets or exceeds goals and quotas. Quick learner who is curious, thorough and can be detail oriented while also seeing the big picture. Deals with internal and external customers at all levels to ensure successful communication via active listening and probing questions.
Skills : Public Speaking And Presenations, Writing For Technical And Lay Audiences, Graphics And Graphic Designs.
- Plan and build community-based campaigns and develop leadership in communities on critical federal legislative issues.
- Promoted to lead staff communications person.
- Planned and executed a communications program utilizing traditional and new media for issue organizing on federal legislative issues in Nebraska.
- Assisted national staff in formulating campaign strategy to the field, trained state staff on providing messaging through LTE's, meetings and workshops, communications plans, timely materials, website copy, etc.
- Monitored websites and social networking sites for regular consistent content and regularly contributed content.
- Wrote, edited and designed regular leaflets, newsletters, and other communique.
- Initiated and handled requests from the media pitched reporters for events and issues, developed relationships and prepared member spokespersons.
M.A. In Organizational Communications
Communications Director III Resume
Objective : Integrated Marketing umbrella my focus is in Public Relations, Advertising, Direct Marketing, E-commerce, sales, Customer Service, Trade Shows and Corporate Philanthropy.
Skills : InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DS Max, Toon Boom, Flash, PageMaker, Acrobat, Video Production, Website Management, Communication skills, Supervision, Project management, Database development, Promotional writing.
- Helped to confront and manage issues and problems for the non-profit agency above.
- Worked with a team of other professionals to develop and execute the strategic plan for the agency.
- Trained new and existing employees on agency policies and procedures of state and federally funded programs.
- Attended events and monthly meetings to make public aware of the agency and its services to the community in an effort to raise funds and support.
- Managed the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to newsletters, brochures, annual reports, and the company's website.
- Handled all media contacts such as news releases and personal and radio interviews as requested by the Executive Director.
- Organized and executed fundraisers, special events, and projects.
- Researched and prepared grant packages to help secure additional private, state, and federal funds for the agency.
Bachelor Of Arts
Communications Director Resume
Summary : An accomplished and versatile Public Relations / Communications leader with a 20+ year record of demonstrated success in planning, implementing, managing and evaluating public relations and communications initiatives for organizations ranging from Fortune 500 companies to non-profit member associations. Strong focus in non-profit social service sector and broad experience in foundation relations. Persuasive communicator and trusted advisor of executive leadership.
Skills : Microsoft Office, AVID editing, Sustainable Business, Communications, Marketing Strategy, Audio Editing.
- Install, adjust, and operate electronic equipment to record, edit, and transmit radio and television programs, motion pictures, video conferencing, or multimedia presentations.
- Diagnose and resolve media system problems.
- Switch sources of video input from one camera or studio to another, from film to live programming, or from network to local programming.
- Mix and regulate sound inputs and feeds, or coordinate audio feeds with television pictures.
- Compress, digitize, duplicate, and store audio and video data.
- Design layouts of audio and video equipment, and perform upgrades and maintenance.
- Conduct training sessions on selection, use, and design of audiovisual materials and on operation of presentation equipment.
- Determine formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums to effectively meet objectives within budgetary constraints, utilizing research, knowledge, and training.