Medical Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Registered nurse with 2 years of subacute experience and current staff medical surgical RN seeking a position which will give an opportunity to expand practical experience at the same time as providing quality health care to residents.
Skills : Caring, Passionate, Ambitious.
- Provides nursing care to patients with post-surgical procedures, acute/chronic medical illnesses.
- Advocates needs of, and assists patients and significant others in receiving proper medical care during hospitalization.
- Coordinates with patient, family, social worker, attending physician in planning and facilitating discharge and continuing needs for home care or transfer to an extended care facility.
- Coordinates flow from Ed, OR/PACU, PCU, CCU, or direct admit patients from home or Physician's office and assign to appropriate room and nurse on duty.
- Deal with patient and physician complaints.
- Coordinated patient care assignments, maintained drug accountability, ensured proper documentation and equipment maintenance.
- Ensured efficacy of treatments through monitoring of treatment regimens.
Sr. Medical Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Ambitious and compassionate Medical Surgical Nurse aspiring to practice, acquire, and improve skills to promote health across the nursing care continuum. Desire to improve the health and well-being of the community using a collaborative approach for quality care. Striving to be an honest and ethical nurse who will prioritize effectively and follow through on commitments.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Nurse Assistant.
- Provided patient care to patients from OR, ER, and ICU; experienced in low to high acuity levels in patients.
- Performed assessments; provided intravenous therapy; complex wound care; monitored various drainage devices, etc.
- Collaborated daily with physicians and health care team to achieve optimum patient care.
- Established strong relations with physicians built on trust and knowledge of patient care.
- Served as mentor, coach and team builder of inexperienced licensed and unlicensed staff.
- Able to develop the special patient rapport required to care for these chronic and critically ill patients.
- Educated patients regarding their medications, procedure and treatments.
- Additionally, provided preoperative, inter-operative and post-operative care instruction.
Bachelors Of Science
Jr. Medical Surgical Nurse Resume
Objective : Willing to contribute teamwork, excellent patient care, and safe nursing practices. Proven ability to build and expand new territories.
Skills : Simione Home Care Sales Training.
- Patient Assessment, collection of patient information and medical status.
- Monitor all aspects of patient's care including diet and physical activity.
- Collaborate with healthcare team members, patient, physicians, and family members to plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Provide training and instruction to new staff as well as student nurses.
- Charge Nurse Order interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Collaborate with physicians regarding patient's status and plan of care as well as discharge plan.
- Managed staffing ratios on a 32 bed medical surgical unit.
Associate In Nursing
Lead Medical Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Provides evaluation of assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Provides assistance to nursing peers as requested. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
Skills : Patient Tech, Nurse Supervisor.
- Handling all aspects of treatment from medication to wound care to monitoring for number patients per shift.
- Assessed need for, ordered, obtained and interpreted appropriate lab tests.
- Counseled and educated patients about reproductive health issues and wellness.
- Expertise in STDs, HIV and family planning.
- Effective counseling in health maintenance and disease management.
- Managed care for post-operative patients through discharge.
- Liaised between clients and physicians to ensure client comprehension of treatment plans.
- Instructed patients and family members on proper discharge care.
High School Diploma
Associate Medical Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Over 18 years of nursing experience with 10 years as a medical surgical nurse and 7 years as a Wound & Ostomy Nurse. Deep passion for caring for people, and strive to make a difference in people's lives.
Skills : Nurse Supervisor, Medical Tech.
- Provided direct nursing care for orthopedic, cardiac and pulmonary population.
- Performed head to toe assessments, reported changes in patient status to physicians.
- Provided pre and postoperative care and education to patients/families.
- Delegated tasks to nursing assistants and LPN's.
- Assessed patient conditions, implemented plan of care, and evaluated effectiveness.
- Collaborated with other disciplines to ensure comprehensiveness of patient treatment.
- Skills Used Attention to detail with great assessment skills.
- Problem solving, critical thinking, organization with ability to complete work on time.
BSN In Nursing
Asst. Medical Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Highly motivated and flexible patient focused nurse with over 25 years of Registered Nursing experience in a hospital environment. Hardworking and energetic nurse who adapts easily to change of environment and work schedule. Computer skilled and capable of managing heavy daily patient volume.
Skills : Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Tech.
- Provides safe, therapeutic and efficient patient care.
- Safely administers prescribed medications, treatments, and procedures.
- Takes appropriate action based on observations of patient's response.
- Functions independently in a code situation according to hospital guidelines.
- Develops nursing plan of care on admission and updates every 24 hours.
- Plan of care reflects input and needs of patient, significant other and family and reflects continuum of care.
- Facilitates care conference when appropriate.
- Assesses patient/significant others learning needs.
Medical Surgical Nurse III Resume
Headline : Maintaining the integrity of the medical department, developed a rapport and trust, as well as have earned the respect of many of the current Employees, Management and contractors. Along with extensive nursing experience, acquired thorough knowledge of the manufacturing environment with regard to health and safety.
Skills : Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Specialist.
- Provided direct patient care for hospitalized medical and surgical patients.
- Oncology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Dialysis, general surgery specialties.
- Communication with Laboratory, physical therapist, dieticians, physicians, family members, clients.
- Assisting patients and their families throughout the process.
- Administration of medications, sterile wound care, dressing changes.
- Expert in Intravenous insertion and frequently requested by co-workers.
- Supervision of nursing assistants, Preceptor to new hires and graduate RNs.
Medical Surgical Nurse II Resume
Summary : Medical Surgical Nurse Skilled career professional with 6 years of nursing experience. Established in Critical Care Nursing support including assessment, counseling, education regarding medications and treatment, lab work, documentation with care plan for diagnosis, being in the position of charge nurse and VA certified mentor, providing holistic and spiritual care to patients and administration of treatment procedures.
Skills : Nurse Supervisor, Medical Tech.
- Excellent assessment, technical, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Teach patients, families, peers, and other health professionals.
- Understand the importance of measuring, and improving the quality of care delivered.
- Consider patient's safety to be a top priority.
- Support patients in their efforts to identify what is in their best interest.
- Manage the care of patients with multiple medical, surgical, and / or psychiatric diagnoses.
- Manage the care of patients with diagnoses across all medical specialties.
Master Of Science
Medical Surgical Nurse I Resume
Headline : Seeking full time position as Registered Nurse (RN) where can fully utilize practical skills and theoretical knowledge in the best possible way.
Skills : Medical Supervisor, Medical Assistant.
- Implement patient care for up to 12 patients per section.
- Scheduled patient admissions and discharges.
- Assess patient status and notify physicians of clinical changes.
- Interact with departments regarding patient care.
- Educate patients/families on health care needs, conditions, options etc.
- Provide assistance to Nursing Manager in the supervision of staff nurses.
- Evaluate staffing requirements, including floor assignments.
- Maintained patient charts and confidential files.
Medical Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Medical Surgical Nurse provides over 90 specialized ambulatory care services, dentistry and oral surgery, behavioral health services, and community substance abuse treatment.
Skills : Icu, Pacu, Tele, Pysch, Gi, Ir, Surgical Centers.
- Prepared patient for and assisted with examinations.
- Administered injections and medication Dressed wounds and incisions.
- Interpreted physician's instructions to patients.
- Maintained records of vital statistics and other pertinent data of patient.
- Developed standards and procedures for providing nursing care and for evaluating service.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and encouraged team concepts.
- Rotated among various clinical services of institution.
Associates In Business