Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Looking for a unique and challenging position in a hospital where newly acquired profession and practical experience will be advanced and fully utilized.
Skills : Communication Skills, Graphic Design, Nursing Research, Authoring.
- Monitored vital signs and responded to them accordingly Consistent: Constant to same principles, not changing.
- Educate patients and their families on disease processes.
- Resourceful team player Administered oral and intramuscular, intravenous and Dedicated: Devoted to aims or vocation.
- Developed time management, delegation, and prioritization skills Further enhanced and developed practical nursing skills Consistently made cost-effective decisions without sacrificing patient safety.
- Implemented infection control methods and participated in programs to help Grady become accredited in the Joint Commission survey Provided patient education on a wide variety of topics ranging from our unit-based goal of CHF to diabetes education and fall prevention.
- Provided care to indigent patients with a variety of disorders and diseases such as Cardiac issues, HIV/AIDS, ESRD, Diabetes, Rhabdomyolosis, Sickle Cell Crisis, and MRSA.
- Provide surgical care to patients in the ambulatory surgical setting.
RN In Nursing
Clinical Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Registered Nurse Highly skilled career professional with 15 years practical experience in hospital and acute rehabilitation facilities. Experienced in medical, surgical, telemetry, pediatrics, intensive care, skilled, special procedures, endoscopy and rehabilitation nursing.
Skills : Surgical Care, MS Office.
- Staff floor nurse for a surgical unit, Kishwaukee Community Hospital.
- Pre and Postoperative care for patients that are going to have or have had surgery.
- Postoperative care of othro surgery, abdominal surgery, bariatric surgery, gynecological surgery, back surgery.
- Worked for an agency, going to different hospitals, Nursing Facility, schools, taking care of elderly, pediatric, and mentally ill clients.
- Scheduled, coordinated and implement total patient care through a nursing team process covering 16 high acuity patients per shift as a Team Leader.
- Fulfilled the role of relief charge nurse with a responsibility to supervise 2 RN's, 4 LPN's, an STNA and a Unit Secretary on a 32-bed telemetry/medical-surgical unit, which provided service to orthopedics, neurology, and general surgery patients.
- Act as a patient advocate; assess patient status and notify physicians of clinical changes.
- Educated patients on health improvement, disease state management, preventative care, medications, and overall health management.
Surgical Nurse Manager Resume
Headline : Committed, patient-centered, and fast-paced LVN who excels at quickly identifying patient needs through astute assessments. Skilled at prioritizing intelligently based on acuity and vigilantly monitoring adverse reactions.
Skills : MDS Certified, Bilingual, Computer Literate +40 Wpm, Knowledge Base Entails Use Of Common Office And Clerical Equipment Including But Not Limited To Durable Medical Equipment.
- Assist the surgeon by preparing a sterile surgical environment, laying out the necessary instruments and adjusting lighting and room settings to create optimal conditions for a successful operation/procedure.
- Provide the patient with a basic overview of the procedure.
- Prepare the patient for surgery and administer anesthetic to the patient.
- After the surgery is completed responsibly for assisting the patient with his or her recovery.
- This included administering medicine, cleaning and dressing wound(s) and giving them specific home care instructions to ensure their wounds heal properly.
- Basic nursing, clerical, and scheduling duties while promoting clinical services.
- Post-op, Pre-op, Doctor Assistant, Lab process, Kennel care, CSC, medication administered, pharmacy refill.
- Involved in all phases of plastic surgery cases: preparing patients for surgery; circulating in the operating room and providing conscious sedation of patients during surgery; recovery of patients after the operative procedure and patient education.
Surgical Nurse Practitioner Resume
Summary : Registered Nurse Highly skilled career professional with more than 10 years practical experience at Spectrum Health Hospitals with various illnesses and different ages from infant to elderly.
Skills : Health Care Provider CPR ACLS, PALS, NRP.
- Received and processed orders, called in scripts to pharmacies.
- Admitted patients for surgery, started IV's as needed, patient monitoring.
- Did pre-op visits with patients to explain procedures and answer questions they may have about their surgery.
- Sterilized instruments, made packs used in surgery, ordered supplies needed for surgeries.
- Cleaned operating room after surgery and set them up in sterile fashion as per facility standard.
- Assisted surgeons in an outpatient clinic as their nurse checking in patients, doing vital signs, sending to x-ray for required films, set up appointments, assisting with wound care, obtaining cultures to send to a lab.
- Performed complete clinical assessments on preoperative and postoperative patients, assisted with patient admissions, transfers, and discharge.
- Assisted physicians with procedures, treatments and helped patients with basic care, changed bedding and served meals.
Lead Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Surgical Nurse with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Athena, Phlebotomy, IVs, Wound care, Surgical assist, Management, and supervisory.
- Routinely scrubbed total joint procedures and revisions.
- Proficient in scrubbing and circulating total joints and general orthopedic procedures.
- Served as the total joint coordinator to coordinate the availability of instrumentation and supplies through communication with physicians and orthopedic sales representatives.
- Played a key role in organizing the total joint service for the operating room prior to the opening of the facility in 2005.
- Operating Room Educator: Developed and implemented orientation materials for new hires.
- Routinely presented continuing education to O.R.
- Worked as a circulating nurse in surgery in the areas of orthopedic, cardiovascular, GYN, general, ophthalmic, neuro and urologic.
- Prepared supplies as needed, handled emergency situations, worked with anesthesia and surgeons and prepared surgical paperwork.
Surgical Nurse Resume
Summary : Skilled and highly trained healthcare professional with proven experience providing quality, evidence-based patient care within dynamic and high-pressure environments.
Skills : Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Tech.
- Perform assessments, take vitals, and chart patient conditions and physician instructions.
- Follow all Surgery Center protocols, regulations, and infection control procedures.
- Stock supplies, prepare operating rooms and manage pre-op and post-operative patient care.
- Ensure all equipment is functioning properly, prepare proper tools, pass instruments during procedures.
- Provide post-operative support and education on proper discharge care.
- Responsible for a patient in the OR until the report was given to the nurse in the recovery room.
- Responsible for patient care while in the surgical area Responsible for recovering patients and giving reports to the patient's nurse.
- Educated patients /family members about disease processes, medications, and treatments Preceptor to graduate nurses and nursing students Managed post-surgical, peritoneal dialysis, MI, respiratory, and diabetic patients.
AAS In Nursing
Surgical Nurse Assistant Resume
Objective : Responsible for Actively participating in activities which contribute to professional growth and development,Attending training required for software development and education when appropriate.
Skills : Medical Assistant, Nurse Tech.
- Monitor, diagnose and detects patient health problems and respond by taking appropriate actions to prevent potential complications.
- Care for wounds, cuts, blisters, and abrasions with first aid, cleaning, sutures, and bandaging.
- Assess patients to identify physical, psychological and environmental needs.
- Oversee check-in, status, and processing of transfers and admissions.
- Assist doctors and health care teams in specialty care or surgeries.
- Maintain open and transparent communications with patient family members and provide support for continuous care upon release from the hospital.
- Manage care of forensic patients Heparin drips PCA Blood transfusion, therapy Preceptor.
Bachelor's In Nursing
Surgical Nurse Associate Resume
Summary : To secure a family nurse practitioner position in which can perform duties with total sincerity, honesty, integrity, and selflessness with a focus on providing direct patient care through properly assessing, planning, implementing care plans, and evaluating patients and their family members.
Skills : Attention To Detail, Typing, Fast Paced Learner.
- Served as a Registered Nurse (RN) for Per Diem Staffing in Cary, NC.
- Provide bedside care for a variety of patients to include pre and post-surgical care.
- Change post-surgical dressings, insert catheters, nasogastric tubes and start intravenous lines under the order of health care providers.
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment used on patients.
- Interpreted and recorded electronic displays to include: telemetry strips and inputs and outputs.
- Utilize the nursing process by understanding and executing policies and procedures in a safe manner.
- Develop, implement, and communicate patient's plan of care with patients and their families.
MS In Nursing
Certified Surgical Nurse Resume
Headline : Loyal, collaborative Licensed Practical Nurse with a steadfast commitment to quality care and preventative care advocacy. Offer 25+ years of practice knowledge with a a wide range and depth of experience including hospital staff nursing, surgical assistant and substance abuse.
Skills : All Nursing Skills, Oral Surgery, Substance Abuse, Medication Dispensinf.
- Recorded patients' medical history, vital statistics and test results in medical records.
- Monitored post-op vitals, set up PCA, fluids, reviewed post-op orders and orient patients to unit.
- Accurately documented all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications, discharge instructions and follow-up care.
- Took and recorded patients' temperature, pulse and blood pressure.
- Cleaned and sterilized instruments and disposed of contaminated supplies.Interviewed patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight and height.
- Skillfully performed suture removals for patients of all ages.
- Maintained patient charts and confidential files.
Vocational In Nursing
Surgical Nurse Resume
Objective : As a Surgical Nurse, responsible for Assisting in the development of training curricula for all nursing staff and providers using Clinical applications utilizing classroom training techniques and technological solutions.
Skills : MS Office, Multitasking.
- Uses knowledge, judgement, and skills based on the principles of physical, biological, physiological, behavioral, social and nursing science.
- Provided accurate computerized documentation.
- Learned all OR equipment in a timely manner.
- Assist the anesthesiologist during the the operation.
- Learned different procedures and approaches of surgeries.
- Proper labelling of specimens and proper storage.
- Assured patient safety and confidentiality at all times.
- Skills Used Sterilization of instruments, proper use of electrical equipment and proper safety attire.
MS In Nursing