Surgical Assistant Resume
Objective : Efficient Surgical Assistant is skilled with greeting patients, scheduling appointments, preparing patient charts, insurance verification, and tackling administrative and patient-oriented tasks in a fast-paced medical environment. Having 3 years of experience in the medical field and looking for a company to grow with.
Skills : Cash Register, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Quick Learner.
- Adeptly managed a multi-line phone system and pleasantly greeted all patients.
- Professionally and courteously scheduled and verified appointment times as well as any balance owed with patients.
- Performed clerical duties, such as word processing, data entry, answering phones, electronic filing of charts, and faxing.
- Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems on the spot.
- Helped train new employees on scheduling, insurance verification, and on patient care.
- Received, screened and routed incoming calls.
- Investigated and resolved customer inquiries and complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.
- Examined patients' insurance coverage, deductibles, possible insurance carrier payments and remaining balances not covered under their policies when applicable.
- Treated all patients, their families, visitors, peers, staff and providers in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Interacted with providers and other medical professionals regarding obtaining clinical information for authorizations.
Surgical Assistant I Resume
Summary : Experienced Surgical Assistant who works well under pressure and has supreme confidence is now seeking a position to work and deliver excellent service while making a positive contribution to the growth.
Skills : Inventory Ordering, Computer, Filing Charts, Making Appointments, Sterilization Of Instruments.
- Set up operatory room for surgery, and filling out consent forms.
- Taking care of patients and dismissing them with information Sterilization of instruments.
- Maintained an accurate inventory of instruments and supplies for surgery.
- Maintained an accurate inventory of instruments and supplies for Anesthetic and Implant Dentistry.
- Responsible for passing hand instruments, preparing restorative materials, exposing and processing radiographs.
- Maintaining dental equipment, carrying out infection control, sterilization, and waste management activities, including ensuring the availability and use of protective wear.
- Took, developed, and mounted dental radiographs, including bitewings, using digital X-rays and computers.
- Maintained accountability of instruments and other dental supplies, and recorded patient heath histories accordingly.
- Responsible to make sure that the operatory room is ready, stocked, and cleaned prior to each appointment and to discard all disposable items after each visit.
Lead Surgical Assistant Resume
Headline : With 6 years of experience as a Surgical Assistant in acute care, seeking lasting employment in a positive atmosphere that will be challenging, as well as rewarding.
Skills : Decision-Making Capabilities, Customer Service, Advanced Critical Thinking Skills, Medical Terminology, Phlebotomy.
- Anticipate the needs of the Surgeon and other team members with regard to the requirements of each surgical procedure.
- Demonstrates and maintains dexterity sufficient to the successful completion of his/her assistant duties on each procedure.
- In addition to scheduled cases, accepts an assignment to cover emergency call duty on a 24- hour basis, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Maintains a professional attitude with respect to dignity, privacy, and safety of patients.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the individual facility to which they are assigned.
- Treats all documentation from the patient records with the utmost respect and confidentiality in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations( HIPPA).
- Incorporates safety rules and regulations into the daily performance of the job.
- Wears approved scrub attire, including ID Badge and facility ID badge as appropriate.
Oral Surgical Assistant Resume
Objective : Motivated, professional with 2 years of track record in the dental field as an Oral Surgical Assistant. Dependable and reliable with extreme loyalty and pride for the company.
Skills : Knowledge in Botox, Restylane, Juvederm, and Obagi Skincare Products, Dental Implant.
- Assisting the surgeon in all phases of patient care such as evaluations, surgeries, and post-op appointments.
- Responsible for cleaning and sterilization of surgical instruments, laboratories, and treatment rooms.
- Accountable for ordering medical supplies and verifying medications drawn for daily procedures, drawing up lidocaine injections for procedures.
- Completing patient charting, clinical and pharmacy logs according to practice standards.
- Follows all clinical related policies and procedures as well as OSHA, AAAHC and practice clinical guidelines.
- Annual teaching surgical courses including 30 surgeons from around the world, surgical assistants, and medical representatives.
- Assisting in a variety of surgeries such as comprehensive facelifts, upper/lower eyelid blepharoplasty, open and closed brow lifts, and mandibular angle implants.
Dental Surgical Assistant Resume
Headline : Talented Registered Dental Surgical Assistant with 5 years of experience. Able to work independently and as a part of a team.
Skills : Inventory Management, General Office Skills, Maintaining Equipment, Customer Service, Ordering Supplies, MS Office, Quick books, Strong Analytical, Organizational, Communication (written & verbal), and Interpersonal Skills.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, confirming the purpose of the visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests, taking blood pressure, and reporting patient history summary.
- Prepares Operatory using sterilization techniques Secures patient information and maintains confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records.
- Counsels patients by transmitting doctor's orders and questions about surgery.
- Verifying times with patient, preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
Surgical Assistant II Resume
Headline : 6 years of experience as a Surgical Assistant. Adept at preparing surgical instruments properly assisting during any kind of surgery and cleaning surgical instruments when the surgery is over.
Skills : OMS Vision, Win OMS, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel, Strong General Anesthesia Background IV Placement, and removal, Radiology Certified, BLS, and CPR/AED Certified.
- Prepares, sterilizes, organizes, and sets up dental equipment, ensures that all dental instruments are cleaned, dated, and processed according to established clinical guidelines.
- Monitors and maintains equipment, such as compressors, evacuator systems, in accordance with manufacturers guidelines.
- Develops and processes radiograph in accordance with provider orders.
- Assists in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Orders and maintains inventories of clinic supplies, and interacts with and processes clinic patients.
- Schedules appointments perform telephone triage, conducts patient interviews, and obtains prior approvals from third-party payers.
- Maintains dental laboratory slips and creates and maintains dental records in accordance with established protocol and procedures.
- Shortly moved to reception to learn to work with customers face to face along with setting and confirming appointments.
Sr. Surgical Assistant Resume
Summary : Seeking to obtain a position in the fields of Surgical Assistance where one can grow professionally and be an asset to the employer and organization.
Skills : Leadership, Multi-Tasking, Problem Solving, Inventory Management, Reordering.
- Responsible for knowing, cleaning and maintaining all surgical instruments, and when each instrument should or may be used in complex surgeries.
- Stocking and cleaning operating rooms for surgeries, and providing sterile instruments for surgeons for specific procedures.
- Additionally, assisting with safe animal restraint for anesthesia, radiology, injections, and examinations.
- Demonstrate great attention to detail in cleaning and maintaining sterility, and extensive knowledge of usages of surgical instruments.
- Radiology preparation and proper animal positioning.
- Using correct animal restraint with IM injections, cephalic catheter placement, and jugular blood draws.
- Worked in a team of 5-6 technicians and assistants to treat each surgery case from start to finish.
Surgical Assistant III Resume
Summary : 13 years of extensive experience in the dental field as a Surgical Assistant. Assist in many dental procedures regarding patient surgery involving comfort care and discharging orders.
Skills : Inventory, Ordering, Computer, Filing Charts, Making Appointments, Sterilization of Instruments.
- Conducted patient orientation in periodontal disease, at-home oral care for both general and postoperative instructions.
- Served as liaison between doctor and sales representatives for surgical and general office materials.
- Negotiated prices for over 200 product lines.
- Forecasted amount of supplies needed for both hygiene and surgical procedures without keeping extensive overstock and staying under budget.
- Managing daily schedules in order to keep a steady flow of patients within the office and reducing patient wait times.
- Administered local anesthesia for skin biopsies and removed sutures after surgical procedures.
- Assisting other staff with both clerical and surgical duties in order to promote efficiencies within the practice.
- Participated in the maintenance of safe conditions within the facility and other related areas.
Surgical Assistant-Temp Resume
Summary : Surgical Assistant with 14 years of experience is now seeking a challenging position as a part-time medical assistant in a thriving organization that prides itself on providing quality care while continuing to polish and develop self skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Confident, Self-Starter, Leadership, Inventory Management.
- Observe the behavior and condition of animals and monitor their clinical symptoms.
- Maintain controlled drug inventory and related logbooks.
- Administer anesthesia to animals, under the direction of a veterinarian, and monitor animals' responses to anesthetics so that dosages can be adjusted.
- Care for and monitor the condition of animals recovering from surgery.
- Perform laboratory tests on blood, urine, or feces, such as urinalyses or blood counts, to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health problems.
- Administer emergency first aid, such as performing emergency resuscitation or other life-saving procedures.
- Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments, as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Fill prescriptions, measuring medications and labeling containers.
Executive Surgical Assistant Resume
Objective : A results-driven medical professional with 4 years of career as a Surgical Assistant. Demonstrated record of results in efficient utilization of distribution operation resources. Strong leader and mentor with superior interpersonal and communication skills and a history of delivering superior results.
Skills : Nursing Assistant, Medical, MS Office, Communications, Dental.
- Educate patients of surgical procedures, costs, coordinate schedules are design applicable payment plans.
- Record treatment information within EMR software (electronic medical records).
- Verify with health insurance companies to coordinate coverage and costs.
- Obtain medical clearance with the patient's primary care doctors to ensure procedures are safe to conduct.
- Monitored budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Accomplished company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, explored different opportunities to deliver value to referring doctors.
- Successfully completed OSHA, ADA and HIPAA compliance training.
- Assisted dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies when necessary.
Technical Surgical Assistant Resume
Summary : Accomplished and energetic Technical Surgical Assistant with a solid history of achievement in Medical and Dental. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Type 45 Wpm, EMR, Microsoft PowerPoint, CPR Certified.
- Gather, arrange, or assemble instruments or supplies.
- Monitor and maintain aseptic technique throughout procedures.
- Adjust and maintain operating room temperature, humidity, or lighting, according to the surgeon's specifications.
- Determine the availability of necessary equipment or supplies for operative procedures.
- Discuss with the surgeon the nature of the surgical procedure, including operative consent, or patient-advanced directives or other needs.
- Maintain an unobstructed operative field, using surgical retractors, sponges, or suctioning and irrigating equipment.
- Monitor patient intra-operative status, including patient position, vital signs, or volume and color of blood.
- Completed and submitted clinical documentation in accordance with agency guidelines.
Surgical Assistant Resume
Summary : Dental professional with 14 years of experience as a Surgical Assistant, having a vast knowledge of clinical procedures and medical and dental terminology focused on providing exceptional patient care. Excels in fast-paced, high-volume offices.
Skills : Team Work, Leadership, Organization, Time Management, Self-Motivation, Medical Terminology, Inventory Management.
- Greeted and prepared patients for dental examinations.
- Properly sterilized dental equipment and examination rooms in accordance with infection control policies.
- Effectively operated x-ray machines and developed x-rays.
- Routinely completed inventory, supply orders, and restocked supplies.
- Provided appropriate postoperative instructions as prescribed by the dentist.
- Correctly arranged instrument trays prior to dental procedures and surgeries.
- Managed invoices and transaction receipts.
- Proficiently assisted the dentist with diagnostic, preventative, general, orthodontic, periodontics, surgical procedures.
- Observed and documented patient status and reported patient complaints to the doctor.
- Leading and developing staff as well as training of new staff.