News Editor Resume
Summary : Looking for a new opportunity to grow as a person. Interested in working with people to help them find the right vehicle to fit their needs.
Skills : Professional Writing Content, Editing, Project Management.
- Administered the newsroom's use of the P-I's CCI editorial production system.
- Oversaw software development and testing, working with software vendors to identify and solve programming issues.
- Coordinated software upgrades, implemented new workflows, and system modifications to accommodate press reconfiguration and other production-related projects.
- Promoted the P-I's efforts to use technology and strategic workflows to allow content sharing and production efficiencies with other Hearst Corporation newspapers nationwide.
- Wrote VBA and Pearl scripts to customize applications to accommodate changing workflows and editorial needs.
- Facilitated and streamlined the export of text and images from the print edition to the website, seattlepi.com Created disaster recovery protocols to ensure continuity of operations.
- Diagnosed problems and repaired errors in XML, HTML, VBA and Pearl scripts.
- Provided help desk support for software including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and CCI Newsdesk.
B.A. In Psychology
Sr. News Editor Resume
Summary : Extensive background in Banking. Very sociable and respectful. Computer knowledge as well as other office equipment.
Skills : Working knowledge of In Design, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro.
- Choose topics for articles and features in the news section.
- Oversee numerous writers and make all major decisions for the news section.
- Interview numerous students, faculty, and staff in order to write compelling articles/features.
- Work in InDesign to place articles and photos for the weekly newspaper issue.
- Collaborate daily with my assistant, editor, and writers on how to make The Quill news section meet high expectations and standards.
- Lead a five-person news team and assigned stories to reporters o Collaborated with seven editors to put out a weekly newspaper in print and online o Mentored writers in the process of storytelling v Achievements: Contributed to campus conversations on issues of diversity, race, and identity.
- Assigned and edited stories; page design; managed news section.
- Investigated complex issues and interviewed city officials to write news articles Used Adobe software to create the newspaper's layout and enhance photos Member of Clarke County Leadership Academy.
Bachelor Of Communications
Junior News Editor Resume
Summary : Communications professional skilled at interviewing, researching, writing, editing, designing written material under both routine and unpredictable circumstances. Experienced at public outreach and coordinating projects of all sizes.
Skills : Social media, Basic HTML, Adobe In Design, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress.
- Secured and conducted interviews with actors for each issue, authored features and provided original content for multiple sections.
- Developed weekly content for a senior news editor, as well as ideas for future issues.
- Maintained consistent contact with show publicists and talent, and coordinated/attended photoshoots.
- Generated extensive original content for an issue devoted to the event, including actor interviews and coverage of daily happenings.
- Entrusted to cover 2 shows following the departure of fellow news editor.
- Monitored and followed up on opportunities for features and interviews to ensure strong coverage of each show and its performers.
- Created and developed valuable relationships with popular performers, as well as with photographers and publicists.
Bachelor Of Fine Arts
News Editor/Writer Resume
Summary : Editor and communications professional with extensive experience in financial markets and business news. Skilled writer with expertise in identifying trends and analyzing data for print and social media.
Skills : Administrative, Banking, Receptionist.
- Edited and wrote real-time, snippet-form commentary and analysis on corporate news, financial markets and economic matters in a fast-paced environment for Dow Jones Newswires' popular Market Talk feature.
- Wrote posts for Market Talk blog on topics related to markets, the economy and corporate news.
- Created a training tutorial to enhance reporting and editing staff contributions and productivity for Market Talk items.
- Regularly offered feedback and training to reporters and editors.
- Contributed to The Wall Street Journal's MoneyBeat blog, writing posts on the stock market, corporate earnings, and economic data.
- Provided analysis and commentary for WSJ.com Digital Network News Hub video webcast.
- Identified and chronicled broad trends.
B.A. In Political Science
Associate News Editor Resume
Summary : Experience with writing, proofreading and editing copy has spanned nearly 30 years. Able to work with the written word. Secure a position reading and editing novels.
Skills : Acrobat, Excel, Hiring, Graphic Design, Photoshop, Management, Lotus Notes.
- Responsible for design, pagination and overall news-side production of The Saratogian.
- In charge of the night operation, the point person related to all newsroom operations.
- Responsible for timely and accurate publication of wire and local news and photos.
- Supervising staff of editing paginators, including training, assigning and overseeing staff production.
- Preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations.
- Associate Editor and page designer for the monthly glossy magazine, Spirit of Saratoga.
- Produce varied supplemental publications such as special sections and inserts -- Create and maintain standards for design and design elements, develops ways to improve presentation.
- Create illustrations for the various publications though composing apparatus such as Photoshop.
Associate News Editor Resume
Summary : To work at a company utilizing communication, organization and writing skills to increase company profits and overall efficiency.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, CS6 Adobe Illustrator.
- Led 10 reporters to ensure wide-ranging coverage of local, campus and state news.
- Taught, advised and assisted reporters with stories, including emergencies, student deaths, community activities, university budget issues and state news.
- Trained and made managerial decisions regarding reporters, including hiring, firing and promoting.
- Maintained three deadlines per week, with coverage of additional breaking news as it occurred.
- Wrote a column once a week, focusing on national, state and offbeat news topics.
- Assigned stories and assisted reporters while maintaining twice-weekly meetings where stories were discussed and critiqued.
- Worked with campus radio station WASU to publish news briefs over the radio once per week.
- Published and edited one podcast per week and two blog posts on national, state or local news.
Bachelor Of Science
News Editor/Reporter Resume
Objective : Seek to secure a full-time position to compliment my journalism experience. Passion for capturing glimpses of common ground between a diverse audience.
Skills : Graphic Design, HTML Formatting, Social Media, Writing, Creative Writing, Editorial, Blogging, Wordpress, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop,.
- Posting various stories across our many social media channels; including Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- Write and edit news features, reviews, opinion features, as well as many other game related works.
- Publishing video game, television, and movies reviews.
- Helped train others to write for the site, as well as maintaining articles for the site.
- Collaborate with a team of writers to produce unique content to draw community support and participation.
- Engage in interviews with industry professionals, both in-person and over the phone.
- Attend and cover industry conventions and conferences; including PAX, E3, New York Comic Con, and many others.
News Editor/Journalist Resume
Objective : To broaden writing, copy-editing, page layout and design skills in fields including public relations and publications, and apply organizational and leadership skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, CS5.
- Coach reporters as they research and write stories on deadline.
- Copy edit stories and paginate pages using the DTI system, InCopy, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Coordinate editorial page elements including letters to the editor and editorials.
- Write several editorials each month that are presented to the editorial board for publication.
- Train coworkers to paginate using InDesign.
- Oversee the operation of the six-person copy desk.
- Edited video and packages for live local and national broadcasts.
- Worked with producers and independently, often under extreme deadline conditions.
Bachelor Of Arts
News Editor/Content Writer Resume
Summary : Experience with writing, proofreading and editing copy has spanned nearly 30 years. Secure a position reading and editing novels.
Skills : Diving certified, Completed NIMS 700, Type about 40 wpm.
- Write and edit copy to follow Associated Press style.
- Check copy for proper editorial style and content.
- Verify copy for proper grammar, spelling and content.
- Distribute copy and photographs throughout allowed editorial space.
- Place photographs, as well as editorial copy, with advertising to complement each other.
- Prioritize press releases, along with editorial copy for placement.
- Edit press releases and editorial copy according to content and time frame of event or deed.
- Make decisions regarding placement of copy according to elements of time and space.
News Editor Resume
Objective : Administrative support and office manager professional with 10 plus years of experience in office positions, working independently and as a team member. Time management and extensive organizational skills.
Skills : Word Processing, Computer Skills, Social Media, Data Entry, Customer Services, Staff Support.
- Worked as one of four daily editors for the county newspaper.
- Met daily deadlines as prescribed by additional departments.
- Built database of regular news contributors.
- Trained and oriented new staff to daily procedures.
- Instituted efficient news gathering procedures.
- Demonstrated the ability to work alone and as a team member.
- Presented a profession image Created Word doc.