Patient Access Representative Resume
Objective : Junior Patient Access Representative skilled and educated in computers, software, office equipment, and positive customer service. Proven capability of mastering new software and technology. Ability to work comfortably and efficiently within a challenging and changing environment, exercising flexibility and teamwork. Maintain confidentiality, security, and integrity for management of information according to policies and procedures. Attention to detail, organizing and time management skills.
Skills : Report & Document Records Management, Teambuilding & Preparation, Meeting & Event Supervision, Spreadsheet & Planning, Staff Development & Database Creation, Inventory Management
- Welcomed patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimized the patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Kept patient appointments on schedule by notifying the provider of the patient's arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, reminding the provider of service delays.
- Comforted patients by anticipating patients' anxieties, answering patients' questions, maintaining the reception area.
- Ensured availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintained patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtained revenue by recording and updating financial information, recording and collecting patient charges, controlling credit extended to patients, filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintained business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, scheduling equipment service, and repairs.
- Protected patients' rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information.
Senior Patient Access Representative Resume
Summary : Senior Patient Access Representative experience with billing, collections, insurance verification, and medical records. Ability to understand and become knowledgeable of Release of Information standards, policies and procedures, and HIPAA regulations. Exhibits strong leadership, analytical, decision making, and organizational skills, with a proven ability to work efficiently and professionally under pressure in a fast-paced, team oriented or self-directed environment and demonstrates the ability and willingness to adapt to special circumstances.
Skills : Quickbooks, Excel, Epic, Timeslips, ACT, Wordperfect, Word, Scanning/copying Documents, And Processing Insurance Claims.
- Greeting and assisting patients and visitors in a timely and courteous manner, providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Answering incoming calls from internal departments relating to registrations, admissions, status and physician changes, calls via outside lines for registration of clinical services and surgical accounts.
- Running daily activity reports to capture and process all patient registrations, admissions, and surgeries.
- Obtaining complete and accurate demographic and financial information from a variety of sources, including patient interviews, physician offices, and in-house departments to complete outpatient registration and inpatient admissions.
- Explaining a variety of admission forms and policies, acquiring signatures for consent, Medicare rights, and other important documents.
- Involving in the promotion of patient access to electronic medical records, also explanation and assistance in patient participation in the healthcare information exchange portal, the sharing of medical information by hospitals and physicians.
- Following state and federal guidelines, ensuring confidentiality of hospital records and patient information.
- Making sure physician's orders contain valid documentation for outpatient services, following up with the physician's office to get valid order so the patient can receive services without delay.
- Verifying all insurances, making sure services are covered and in-network, running medical necessity for all Medicare patients using ICD-10 coding and CPT procedural coding, determining the expected cost for clinical/outpatient services being rendered, discussing financial responsibilities and obtaining payment.
CPT in Medical Coding
Certified Patient Access Representative (CPAR) Resume
Objective : Certified Patient Access Representative with over 4 plus years of experience in the Patient Access field, highly proficient and accurate in patient registration, insurance verification, hospital policies and procedures to maximize revenue and meet goals. Highly knowledgeable of Emergency Department processes. Motivated leader with strong organizational abilities. Passionate towards patient experience, team building and in displaying excellent work ethics while understanding what is best for the company I work for.
Skills : Excel, Office Equipment, Schedule Appointments, Multi-Line Phone System, Medical Terminology, Knowledge HIPPA Compliance
- Coordinated with patients, physicians, and staff members to develop a schedule.
- Assisted patient access specialist to resolve all scheduling issues efficiently.
- Monitored flow of patients in the facility and provide an appropriate response.
- Efficiently interviewed approximately 62 patients daily to process registration forms and accurate demographic information.
- Completed accurate registration data transfer paperwork and other relevant hospital forms.
- Collected personal medical and insurance information from the patient or his family.
- Prepared an electronic chart for the patient ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Obtained signatures for financial responsibility and treatment procedures from patients or guardians.
- Accurately created new patient charts containing personal and insurance information as well as the reason for their visit.
- Interviewed new patients and collected needed medical and insurance information.
Bachelors Of Science
Patient Access Representative II Resume
Headline : Patient Access Representative with more than 5 years of experience working in a busy medical office serving diverse populations. To acquire a challenging position applying my current aptitude, as well as broaden my knowledge through new career-minded opportunities. Seeking a receptionist/ patient access position which will allow me to use my customer service skill and challenge me to learn.
Skills : Records Management Professional, Office Management, Hospital Inpatient And Outpatient Records, Excellent Problem Solver, Records Maintenance, Resourceful And Reliable Worker
- Protecting the financial integrity of the facility by screening for eligibility, collecting patient liability, establishing payments and discussing payment options prior to the patient's service or at the time of discharge in the ed.
- Posting all payments in the computer system and generating the appropriate patient receipts as documented in the cash controls policy.
- Promoting individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills, competency and support department-based goals.
- Scanning admission papers and obtaining signatures from patients, guarantors and/or witnesses.
- Verifying insurance, financial and other clinical data needed to register patients.
- Communicating in an effective and professional manner with physicians, ancillary departments, nursing units, insurance companies as well as patients and their families.
- Documenting all accounts accurately and thoroughly providing any information required for review or follow up of an account.
- Adhering to all baptist health system policies, procedures, and standards. Greeting all patients/ visitors following the patient promise as well as participating in any departmental efforts related to improving the scores.
High School Diploma
ER Patient Access Representative Resume
Objective : ER Patient Access Representative who answers a high volume of incoming calls while handling in-person inquiries from clients and colleagues. Flexible and hardworking with the drive to succeed. Seeking a medical office position in which I can perform all things clerical. I enjoy collecting patient information, data entry, accounts receivable/payable, medical filing and customer service.
Skills : Excellent Customer Service , Excellent Verbal And Written Communication , Ability To Multi-Task, 92 WPM, Team Player, Goal Oriented And Motiviated, Knowledge Of Medical Terminology, Knowledge Of Basic Programming And Codeing, Management Experience
- Processing patient paperwork and abiding by proper state and government legislation.
- Checking in and outpatients as well as handling scheduling for multiple doctors.
- Assessing possible and current costs for appointments and various procedures.
- Processing insurance information with one hundred percent accuracy for proper billing.
- Accurately transferring calls when the patients need is outside of my scope of practice.
- Assisting various drug representatives with sales and scheduling appointments.
- Processing records requests and helping to solve patient record conflicts.
- Pulling up and updating a patients chart as well as giving out proper information in accordance with federal and company legislation and policy.
- Completing insurance verification by looking up current insurance and co-pay information using third-party eligibility screens or systems in the computer.
Masters in Nurse
Patient Access Representative (Lead) Resume
Headline : Patient Access Representative (Lead) with over four years of experience in healthcare and customer service. Work with the general public and patients as well. Admitted patient into various healthcare facilities, and complete other secretarial duties. Seeking employment with a company where my skills and abilities will be utilized towards mutual growth opportunities and company profitability.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Epic Software, Telephone, Customer Service, Scheduling, Organizational, Patient Scheduling, Patient Education
- Facilitating a welcoming and professional encounter with patients looking to register the emergency room, outpatient, external transfer and direct admit portals.
- Ensuring data entry is accurate including demographic, financial information, guarantor information, insurance verification, and any notes germane to the patient, per each account.
- Communicating the purpose of and obtaining patient/legal guardian signatures on all necessary hospital documents thus explaining processes and forms to patients prior to securing signatures and ensuring that all documents are properly signed and witnessed as required.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with federal regulations as well as organization guidelines and industry standards.
- Performing all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information.
- Coordinating, communicating, and assisting in monitoring workflow and work tasks necessary to manage fluctuating volumes.
- Supporting the flexible needs of the department to accommodate patient volume in er areas of the hospital.
- Supporting management decisions, while establishing and maintaining effective relationships with medical staff, other health system departments, clinic departments and co-workers to assure patient satisfaction and organizational-wide goals and standards.
Bachelor Of Science
Patient Access Representative I Resume
Objective : Certified Patient Access Representative experienced in customer service with a strong work history. Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, medical law and ethics, medical insurance procedures, and anatomy and physiology. Possess a pleasant personality with excellent telephone etiquettes. Ability to communicate with coworkers and patients about transcripts and confidential medical records. Good problem-solving skills and listening skills. Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to work efficiently under stressful conditions and handle multiple tasks. Well organized and pays attention to detail Typing speed of 50-60 wpm.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Data Entry, Customer Service, Patient Scheduling, Patient Education, Billing, Customer Service, Insurance Verification, Negotiation, Communications, Problem Resolution, Cash Management
- Collected, reviewed, discussed, and documented demographic, insurance, and financial information with patients and payers.
- Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler with a high rate of accuracy.
- Provided exemplary customer service, treated patients and coworkers with courtesy and discretion.
- Registered patients by verifying that patient's record are up to date and accurate.
- Responded to and resolved a variety of account, billing and payment issues from patients and customers.
- Followed approved guidelines and policies regarding routine patient and payer interactions.
- Made independent decisions that require individual and/or team analysis, reasoning, and problem-solving.
- Interpreted, applied and communicated policies regarding medical and financial aspects of patient care to assure optimal reimbursement for both the patient and our client.
- Accurately documented interactions and interpret interactions documented by others.
Bachelor Of Science
Certified Patient Access Representative (CPAR) Resume
Headline : Certified Patient Access Representative seeking a position that will provide an opportunity to exhibit ten years of experience in a healthcare and customer service setting dealing with insurance claims, eligibility, enrollment and collections. Consistently exhibits strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively and appropriately communicate all information and respond to patient's needs and concerns. Proven track record in recognizing emergency situations, resolving complex issues, and finding workable solutions. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex tasks and possess a high degree of flexibility of skills. Familiarity and the ability to read and comprehend medical terminology.
Skills : Keyboard Entry And Data, Collection Of Co- Pays, Posting Payments And Creating Credit Card Batches, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Centricity, Types 37 WPM, Professional Communication
- Responsible for making a first good impression in person and over the phone for health emergency room.
- Giving clear instructions to the patient on insurance information once the patient has been triaged by the nurse.
- Maintaining compliance with EMTALA, HIPAA, and all other hospital and government regulations.
- Preparing patient identification band and completes admission papers into the emergency room and scanning paperwork accordingly.
- Verifying insurance benefits for all plans associated with the patient and collect co-pays at the time of service.
- Scanning all registration and clinical documentation into the system and maintaining all medical records.
- Responding to the medical records request from patients, physicians, and hospitals.
- Working alone with clinical staff over a night 12-hour shift and reporting back to patient access.
High School Diploma
Senior Patient Access Representative Resume
Summary : Customer service oriented Senior Patient Access Representative professional with eight years in a hospital setting and three years of experience in diverse medical specialty practices such as OB/GYN, Orthopedics, and Dermatology. To utilize my background and experience in medical coding, billing, and collections. Software: Medical Manager, AS400, MediSoft, Medic, HBO, Supremes, Track. To obtain a growth orientated administrative position, which utilizes my skills to benefit the company and lends an opportunity to professional growth and development and my employer.
Skills : Data Entry, Handling Currency, EHealth Files System, Advanced MD System, Microsoft Office, Answering Phones, Setting Appointments, Organizing Paperwork, Verifying Insurance, Patient Callbacks
- Registering patients via bedside registration including walk in, ambulance, and trauma patients.
- Responsible for correctly entering in patient information including personal, demographic and insurance information using Paragon.
- Verifying insurance information including Medicare, Medicaid, and Workman's comp.
- Accurately registering patients for all heart test and surgeries, vascular test, cancer radiation, lab work, x-rays, and imaging.
- Efficiently performing insurance verification, pre-certification and pre-authorization functions.
- Completing registration quickly and cordially for all new and returned patients.
- Acting as the first point of contact between the hospital and patient by checking them in.
- Verifying all patient information is current and updated within our records system.
- Scheduling appointments, handling patient inquiries, complaints, and service requests.
- Collecting point of service payments and completing medical records and all appropriate signatures and consent.
Patient Access Representative Resume
Summary : Organized and flexible Senior Patient Access Representative with 7 years of experience in hospital and clinical settings, working with inpatient/outpatient admissions, registration, Data Entry, and customer service. Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively to patients and staff. Seeks a position of increased responsibility and fast-paced. Seeking a position where I can use my previously acquired skills to contribute to a company while gaining new skills and experiences.
Skills : Familiar With Programs Such As Availity, Kymmis, Meditech, Cerner, And Microsoft. Medical Records And Some Coding. Data Entry, Scanning/copying Documents, And Processing Insurance Claims.
- Scheduling patient appointments and entering the required information in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtaining demographic, insurance and financial information from patient or guarantor.
- Explaining all required forms to the patient or guarantor and obtains the necessary signatures.
- Ensuring medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary data, reviewing compliance system, communicating information to patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures.
- Protecting the financial integrity of the facility by collecting patient liability, establishing payment arrangements, discussing payment options and screening for eligibility.
- Verifying insurance eligibility and benefits and ensuring all notifications and authorizations are completed within the required time frames.
- Posting payments in the computer system and generates appropriate patient receipts.
- Monitoring, reviewing and resolving patient account issues on assigned reports.
Masters in Health informatics