Legal Specialist Resume
Objective : Intelligent mental health student with exceptional people skills, quick aptitude for learning, and highly motivated. Reliable, organized, driven, and personable. Knowledge and experience with principles, policies, practice concepts and regulations of mental health prevention and treatment programs. Knowledge and experience with basic therapy theories, intake and counseling techniques and their applications to individual, families, and group counseling.
Skills : Graphic Design, Marketing, MIcrosoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Visual Arts, Document Review.
- Strictly adhered to standards and regulation procedures.
- Delivered prompt, accurate and excellent customer service.
- Maintained confidential information, such as pay rates, bonus targets and pay grades.
- Prepared financial and regulatory reports required by laws, regulations or boards of directors.
- Verified that information in the computer system was up-to-date and accurate.
- Identified and resolved system and account issues.
- Developed and created a more effective filing system to accelerate paperwork processing.
Sr. Legal Specialist Resume
Summary : To secure a position in a corporate legal department which will challenge abilities and allow full use of educational skills.
Skills : MS Office, HP And Xerox Printer Repairs.
- Provided administrative support to corporate law department attorneys in their efforts to support company objectives.
- Provided high level secretarial and administrative support for multiple attorneys, at all levels, in the Carrier Operation and Telecom Management team, Regulatory, and Procurement team.
- Drafted and managed correspondence, proof read and revised legal documents.
- Prepared and organized documents for eDiscovery, gather and maintain documents for production, index and maintain opposing party's production.
- Performed legal research through PACER, Lexis, Westlaw, and Public Utilities websites Obtaining and organizing all case documents.
- Maintained case pleadings and correspondence on the appropriate shared drives and in CaseTrack.
- Managed caseload of over twelve hundred cases.
Jr. Legal Specialist Resume
Objective : Motivated, organized Administrative Assistant seeking a company that will allow to fully utilize clerical skills acquired after nearly ten years experience working for up to fourteen attorneys at once. WORK Office.
Skills : Microsoft 7.0 & 8.0; LEXIS; Outlook; Time Matters; E-filing; Excel; QuickBooks; Notary Public.
- Planned, organized, supervised and directed the legal activities of the Patient Account Services and provided legal support for all Operations Management.
- Reviewed contracts and write demand letters for RSC (Revenue Service Center).
- Provided legal direction for all procedures within the RSC.
- Conducted training for all PAS staff and new hires on legal related issues.
- Acted as a patient account witness in court proceedings.
- Consulted with Business operations management to coordinate and implement policies and procedures, special projects, track and trend of results.
- Tracked and reviewed employee related workers compensation claims to ensure they are reported in a timely fashion and are in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Legal Specialist III Resume
Objective : Demonstrated achiever with exceptional knowledge of various business practices and processes. Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure, and communicating ideas clearly and effectively, and good decision making abilities. Extensive computer training, including knowledge of business specific software packages.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Typing.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting counterfeit Caterpillar Trademarks and removing counterfeit websites and online auctions.
- Membered of the software development team for the modification of (counsel) for retention of all Trademark legal cases and filings.
- Created a new Legal counsel handbook manual for Trademark employees.
- Responsible for maintaining and generating domain name requests within Caterpillar for all departments.
- Earned Brand Advocate Certification assigned to the business unit to safeguard and grow the value of our portfolio of brands.
- Completed external training on Understanding Trademark and Patent Law held by the Practicing Law Institute.
- Attended and participated in Pro Bono clinic (Immigrations Filings for Victims of Domestic Violence) with Sidley Austin Law.
Legal Specialist II Resume
Summary : Prepared legal Trademark and Copyright and Power of Attorney agreements.
Provided contract development and deliver, and operational contractualsupport to the business.
Contacting debtors, setting up payment plans to avoid further legal action.
Worked closely with attorneys and completing necessary paperwork to file at the courthouse. Assisted with payroll preparation and entered data into cumulative payroll document.
Skills : Legal research and writing; drafting correspondence to customers, attorneys and regulators; responding to subpoenas; drafting pleadings.
- Performed preparatory work for court hearings related to the establishment and/or modification of child support orders, ensures timely notice and adherence to legal requirements.
- Prepared Court calendar for child support matters.
- Drafted and prepares legal documents for service such as summons and petitions, orders to show cause, affidavits, subpoenas, motions, orders for appearance, bench warrants, commitment orders, and all related appearance process documents.
- Ensured that legal documents are reviewed and signed by appropriate official(s).
- Arranged for service of papers.
- Provided assistance and direction to Child Support Specialists regarding the correct legal procedures.
- Reviewed court files to glean relevant information regarding child support and/or maintenance orders to ensure or clarify continuity of order.
- Maintained controls to ensure expeditious preparation and filing of documents.
- Updated case files and performs computer data entry.
Legal Specialist I Resume
Summary : Performed debit, credit and total accounts on computer spreadsheets/databases, using specialized accounting software.
Skills : Bilingual Spanish, Microsoft Office, Interpersonal , Outlook, Quality Assurance.
- Distributed daily court calendars to team members and maintain efficient and accurate reporting.
- Scheduled appearance attorneys for various types of hearings and trials for all California superior courts.
- Executed edits requested by the attorneys for a variety of legal documents.
- Reviewed accounts for compliance errors, logging, reporting and correcting various types of accounting issues.
- Corresponded with court clerks and process servers regarding legal filings.
- Developed and executed the quality assurance process for the global document specialist team which is responsible for correctly identifying legal documents.
- Developed training material for the Internal Legal department by writing standard operating procedures and executing trainings domestically and remotely.
BA In History And Spanish
Assistant Legal Specialist Resume
Summary : Offer progressive experience in Legal Support with a strong business acme. Consult with corporate management regarding strategic planning and in leading the organization in driving company objective. Effectively define, develop and implement goals as a strategy to maximize operational productivity, efficiency and profitability.
Skills : Customer Service, Proofreading, Data Entry, Team Player, Organization, Microsoft Office.
- Worked as a legal specialist in suits and collections for the state of Florida.
- Worked closely with the head attorneys and paralegals regarding collection accounts.
- Managed 300 plus suit accounts.
- Worked many different queues of the suit process, starting with pre-suit and ending with judgment.
- Courted correspondence on a daily basis.
- Received complaints back from court judge.
- Experienced with troubleshooting errors within suits and collection accounts.
- Experienced with compiling affidavit complaints.
Legal Specialist/Agent Resume
Summary : Over 18 years of Legal/Regulatory experience in dealing with various Public Utility Commissions Excellent work ethic and ability to maintain multiple projects at once. Management experience with a staffs that have ranged between 3-8 individuals. Proven skills in research, Public Utility Commission proceedings and legislative reports.
Skills : Writing, Desktop Publishing, Presentations, Photography, Reporting, Teaching English As A Second Language, Proofreading, Media Relations.
- Responsible for customer service to all military personnel and civilians filing claims.
- Collected and processed shipping documents for household goods; Prepared and processed pay vouchers for reimbursement.
- Maintained claims database; Reviewed potential monetary claims against the government.
- Responsible for the distributions of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepared and drafted pretrial agreements.
- Maintained Criminal Law Database.
- Produced and updated weekly trial and punitive administrative action tracking system.
- Responsible for completing results of trial.
Associate Legal Specialist Resume
Summary : Training, team and project manager experience, expertise and skills in writing collections/recovery procedures and training guides, bankruptcy, deficiency collections, performance evaluations, setting team/individual goals, account review, compliance, dialer, early/late stage collections, skip tracing, repossession, foreclosure, litigation/ replevin, post- judgment collection, and fraud .
Skills : Typing 50 wpm, Microsoft, Excel, Data Entry key-strokes 8,500, Access, Internet Outlook.
- Responsible for multi-billion dollar charge off portfolio and supervised other members of Recovery staff.
- Trained employees on new systems.
- Collected monthly deficiency and replevin balances of $500K+ on average.
- Corresponded with outside collection agencies, approved settlements, reviewed month end reports, and processed monthly remittance.
- Managed credit dispute's on all recovery accounts.
- Reviewed fraud accounts, forwarded as necessary to attorney.
- Reviewed and placed accounts with outside counsel for litigation / replevin.
- Handled Supervisor calls.
- Acted as professional witness in over 100 trials, depositions, arbitrations and mediations.
Legal Specialist Resume
Summary : Dedicated individual, taking pride in accomplishments. Started out handling small accounts, moving onto major accounts and becoming a Team Leader. Learn and always up to a challenge.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Westlaw.
- Enforced laws with the goal of promoting safety Responding to civil disorders, preventing disturbances and riots, relaying evidence to detectives and preparing testimony for court appearances.
- Documented evidence, conduct interviews, and take appropriate photographs of crime scenes for ongoing criminal investigations.
- Issued traffic citations and tickets, and used judgment when issuing an alcohol sobriety field test and making arrest for DWI/DUI.
- Provided legal and administrative support in such diverse areas as international law, contract law, defense legal services, and judicial legal services.
- Researched court decisions and Army regulations, process legal claims and appeals, and prepare records of hearings, investigations, court-martials and courts of inquiry.
- Developed and executed the quality assurance process for the global document specialist team.
- Operated various light or heavy engineer wheeled vehicles.