Oncology Nurse Resume
Objective : Completed the Franklin Covey Leadership Courses sponsored by the Veterans Health Administration. Serve on various committees and projects throughout the VA Portland Healthcare System Excellent public speaking skills that can be useful as a point of contact for the department and/or to facilitate collaboration amongst various departments and disciplines.
Skills : Chemo Certified, Nursing.
- Supported for radiation therapy as needed.
- Ensured that the day to day activities associated with patient care were met.
- Responsible for Daily assessment, documentation, and tracking of the patients' status to prepare various reports for multiple oncologists, ensuring that their orders were implemented in a timely manner.
- Prepared and provided reports for covered entities such as M.D.
- Associated to ensure the continuity of care for the patients of the practice that were also receiving care at those locations.
- Served as the physicians' assistant for procedures such as bone marrow biopsies.
- Served as the liaison for Texas Oncology educating patients and their family members regarding risk factors for cancer.
Master Of Science
Sr. Oncology Nurse Resume
Objective : An RN that has mostly been administrative, clinical analyst, value analyst, clinical specialist, case management, oncology, hospice, long term care, med surg and correctional. would be willing and able to train into any position that is willing to train. a very quick learner and self sufficient once placed into a position.
Skills : Word, Excel, Epic, Detail Oriented, Management.
- Screened and facilitated the genetic testing process for them.
- Administered chemotherapeutic agents by various routes and methods.
- Monitored patient's condition, develop care plans, develop symptom management protocols, and administer medication.
- Included direct patient care, with roles as research, manager, consultant, and patient educator.
- Worked hand-in-hand with physicians and other healthcare team members to ensure the greatest quality of care for the patient.
- Created individualized care plans on patient under their supervision and care.
- Recognized and treat cancer-related issues.
Jr. Oncology Nurse Resume
Summary : Doctorally-prepared nurse researcher & change leader with 18 years of healthcare experience in clinical, research, administrative, and directorial capacities within acute care hospital systems, private healthcare consulting firms, and governmental and public policy settings. Demonstrated commitment to patient-centered, data-driven health outcomes via professional, research and community service activities.
Skills : Cardiology Database Manager, Cardiac Registry Abstraction.
- Collaborated with a team of healthcare professionals to share expertise and knowledge.
- Did cancer research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Gave supportive resources on the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Taught patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Worked with the GU team in the outpatient clinic.
- Responsible for patient teaching, symptom management,manage oral therapies including precertification, ordering for specialty pharmacy, set up Xofigo, Provenge, injections, telephone triage and patient assessment.
- Assisted with the transition to EPIC.
RN,BSN In Nursing
Asst. Oncology Nurse Resume
Objective : Eleven years experience in medical/healthcare setting. Excellent organization and time management skills. Handles tasks with accuracy and efficiency. Surgical Experience Oncology Experience.
Skills : Experience in bedside care, Crisis intervention.
- Mixed and administered chemotherapy and biotherapy.
- Set up systems for ordering and tracking oral therapies.
- Set up system for setting up Xofigo and Provenge.
- Worked with GU team to set up the flow of the clinic.
- Monitored, recorded, and reported symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintained accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Recorded patients' medical information and vital signs.
Associate In Nursing
Associate Oncology Nurse Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Oncology Nurse with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Hospice Care, Oncology.
- Assessed patients for changes in condition.
- Evaluated labs, consulted physicians regarding dose modifications, and assessed for problems and symptom .
- Ordered, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Modified patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Consulted and coordinated with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitored all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Conducted specified laboratory tests.
BSN In Nursing
Oncology Nurse III Resume
Objective : Proven record of reliability and responsibility. Remain calm and professional throughout critical incidents. Strong analytical skills, capable of assessing patient condition and implementing appropriate interventions. Resourceful problem solver capable of implementing solutions to complex problems.
Skills : Data Entry, Leadership.
- Instructed individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education or disease prevention, and develop health improvement programs.
- Administered antineoplastic agents per orders utilizing various infusions sites.
- Performed therapeutic phlebotomy, and interpreting lab results.
- Provided education and emotional support to patients and families regarding cancer treatment, medication mechanism of action, and symptom palliation.
- Certification maintained during Oncology tenure.
- Able to help patients and families understand the journey of treatment with hope.
Associates In Nursing
Oncology Nurse II Resume
Objective : Conscientious and compassionate RN with extensive work experience in science. Graduated first in nursing class and have experience in Medical/Surgical, oncology and school nursing. Science background includes both clinical and research laboratories in virology, microbiology, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, and molecular biology.
Skills : Detail Oriented, Clinical Laboratory Experience, Policy And Procedure Creation.
- Used Outpatient facility requires flexibility to manage infusions, lab draws, and emergencies as they occur.
- Understood and anticipated outcomes of procedures such as bone marrow aspirations and antineoplastic side effects monitored.
- Followed up patient contact with a keen ear to signs and symptoms of those adverse reactions not verbilized.
- Implemented patient care for up to 12 patients per section.
- Scheduled patient admissions and discharges per patient need and medical conditions.
- Assessed patient status and notify physicians of clinical changes during clinic and after hours as necessary Interact with departments regarding patient care, including radiology, lab and physicians.
- Educated patients/families on health care needs, conditions, options etc.
A.A.S. In Nursing
Oncology Nurse I Resume
Objective : Obtain a professional nursing position in the health care industry utilizing knowledge, bilingual skills and problem-solving abilities, while providing quality work for the organization.
Skills : Chemotherapy, Symptom Management.
- Received certified education in the care and treatment of oncology patients.
- Followed JCAHO guidelines for substantial success in accreditation.
- Provided assistance to Nursing Manager in the supervision of staff nurses.
- Maintained patient charts and confidential files, and billing daily for charges occurring in clinic hours.
- Administered chemotherapy per patient diagnosis and medical conditions.
- Accessed Huber ports, PICC lines, groshong catheters, and maintained IV sites per protocol.
- Worked closely with MD for all aspects of patient care and running of unit.
Bachelors Of Arts
Oncology Nurse/Specialist Resume
Objective : To obtain a challenging nurse management position, where extensive staff development, and departmental strategic planning skills will provide a base for enhancing and further developing an exceptional clinical Department.
Skills : Epic, Transchart, Meditech.
- Ordered prescriptions, chemotherapy medications, routine supplies and equipment.
- Performed lab blood draws and interpreted laboratory results for determination of treatment.
- Mixed and administered chemotherapy medications.
- Monitored patients closely during infusions for any adverse reactions.
- Trained new staff and RNs.
- Cared for oncology and medical/surgical patients for a teaching hospital.
- Intervened in life threatening developments and coordinated care.
MSN In Program
Oncology Nurse Resume
Objective : Results driven sales professional, experienced in business development, territory expansion, network marketing, and both clinical and service industry selling. Intuitive and attentive listener, readily uncovers customer needs while offering practical solutions to increase sales revenue.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Smart Book For Sales Professionals.
- Administered chemotherapy protocols, blood/platelet products, charge Nurse for Oncology unit, supervised Aides and LPN's.
- Comforted terminally ill patients and their families.
- Helped coordinate end-of-life measures.
- Shaped appropriate environment and interventions of the neutrapenic patient.
- Assisted staff with difficult venipuncture.
- Administered chemotherapy as ordered and controlled side effect symptoms.
- Advocated for pain control for all patients.
Bachelor Of Science In Nursing