Paralegal Assistant Resume
Objective : To obtain a challenging administrative position that will utilize my experience with the opportunity for professional growth.
Skills : Microsoft Office Outlook, Lexis Nexus Advance, CM/ECF, Office Pinters, Phone sytems, E-Filing.
- Enhanced attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; supporting attorney's trial proceedings.
- Helped develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduled depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; prepared and filed discovery requests; prepared responses to opposing counsel; generated status reports.
- Kept clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Maintained case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
- Supported case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review.
- Enhanced trial proceedings by organizing evidence; prepared exhibits; scheduled witnesses; ensured that witnesses wer ready when needed.
- Updated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read professional publications.
Legal/Paralegal Assistant Resume
Objective : Maintain and secure a challenging position, which allow for personal development and advancement, while enabling me to provide exceptional organized and detail oriented products/services within a corporation.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Typing, Research, Customer Service, Filing, People Person.
- Recognized, evaluated, organized and communicated relevant facts and legal concepts.
- Participated in coordination and attendance of community and charitable events on behalf of the firm to represent the company and our services to potential clients, i.e.
- Annual Chili Cook-off at McWane Science Center benefiting the UAB Law Program for students involving local Birmingham lawyers and judges.
- Organized and tracked files of all important case documents to be readily available and easily accessible for attorney use.
- Used computer and online databases such as Alacourt, Pacer, Lexis and Westlaw to research and retrieve, index, track, organize and maintain case materials.
- Prepared reports, summaries, charts and chronologies of case materials for attorneys.
- Collected and analyzed legal material for internal use, maintained reference files, conducted research, collected and organized all necessary evidence and data for trial preparation.
- Assisted paralegals and attorneys in preparation for closings, hearings, trials and corporate meetings, as well as daily office tasks.
Legal Secretary/Paralegal Assistant Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Paralegal Assistant with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : MS Office, Excel, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Problem Solving, Powerpoint, General Office Skills, New Hire Orientation, Email, E-Verify, Generations, Detail Oriented, Communication, Computer Skills.
- Welcomes guest and clients by greeting them in person or on the phone; answering or directing inquires.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, and data; coordinating case preparation.
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to the attorney.
- Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval system; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stock; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
Sr. Paralegal Assistant Resume
Summary : Highly skilled in the area of customer satisfaction, and actively seeking a position at a well-esteemed organization. Key strengths include excellent customer service, excellent organization skills, great team player and fast learner. Proficient in many computer program, in addition to being fluent in English, Spanish, and French.
Skills : Supervisory skills and management.
- Answers telephone calls; then transfer to the correct person or if that person is unavailable offer to take a message or direct them to their voicemail.
- Handle all intake phones calls from potential clients-"I'm the first line of support to take callers by the hand" and walk them through our intake process, so they can get the help and support they need.
- Contact all potential clients coming in from web forms and email.
- Coordinate and track all intake paperwork to prepare consultations for the VA paralegal.
- Maintain database ensuring all information is documented properly.
- Prepare various contracts and agreements and responsible for filing documents.
- Process contracts and all documents needed for the VA paralegal.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of documents such as c-file and Statement of the Case letters.
Associates In Arts
Jr. Paralegal Assistant Resume
Objective : To use my experience acquired from previous employment positions to be a valuable asset to your company.
Skills : Word, Excel, Time Management, Time Management, Power Point, Literature Reviews.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the office which included; recruiting and supervising support staff, managing all incoming and outgoing correspondence, ordering and dispersing office supplies and maintaining highly complex client files.
- Prepared legal documents, such as pleadings, discovery, and correspondence, using various software programs.
- Filed and served all legal documents with the courts and opposing counsel.
- Tracked and recorded all client trust account balances, deposits and client billing for each file.
- Maintained a calendaring tickler system and court schedule.
- Managed and maintained web-based applications, including time recording, legal department website, and E-Filing.
- Handled all incoming mail and outgoing mail.
Master of Science
Paralegal Assistant/Associate Resume
Headline : Responsible for assisting clients, organizing and maintaing filing systems, drafting correspondence and legal documents, and investigating the facts of a case.
Skills : Flient in Spanish and French.
- Prepared legal, government and private correspondence and documents for filing and submission to various courts and agencies.
- Typed a variety of legal document, pleadings, office reports, and secure records.
- Checked legal resources for proper procedures, court rules, legal precedents, and updated rules and procedures.
- Prepared declarations, statements, and responses.
- Responsible for calendaring, tracking and resolving legal issues.
- Prepared proof of service and assumed responsibility for various types of civil, family, landlord-tenant, probate estate planning, bankruptcy, and case file management.
- Interviewed clients and obtained information for completion of case assignments.
Paralegal Assistant III Resume
Summary : Superior communication and interpersonal skills. Highly creative and energetic. A thorough professional, capable of providing responsible, informed decisions.
Skills : Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, Microsoft Office Suite, Carpe Diem, DTE Time Entry, Scanner, infoRite, TitleExpress, InVision Edit, Proforma Edit, Imanage, Insight, PAS System, PD Meter, Auto Refractor, and.
- Exercise discretion as it relates to all confidential material and activities presented to the office.
- Interacts professionally with all levels of management within the office as well as external clients.
- Manages daily calendar, effectively scheduled appointments for four attorneys, also scheduling office availability for outside counsel.
- Coordinating calendar events such as trial, arbitrations, depositions, telephone conference calls.
- Drafting motions to be heard in Superior Courts, such as Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer Counties.
- Retrieving outstanding balances for unpaid medical bills, by contacting providers and/or insurance companies.
- Coordinated calendars for Workers Compensation Hearings.
- Request/Sent reports for doctor evaluations of Workers Compensation clients.
High School Diploma
Paralegal Assistant II Resume
Objective : Secure a full time position that will allow me to apply my knowledge and experience To the fullest capacity for your company; I am flexible and an enthusiastic individual that enjoys learning new skills and mastering all tasks performed.
Skills : Administrative Assistant.
- Answered incoming calls, open and created new files.
- Check and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy, organize and track case files, handle multiple case management responsibilities (30-50 cases).
- Called Social Security and/or Office of Disability Adjudication and Review for status on cases, keeping the client regularly informed, preparing letters and emails to clients, Helped clients to prepare for hearings.
- Maintained the schedule of the attorney and Setting up client appointments for the attorney.
- Scanning documents and letters on a daily basis to be stored in the firm's case management system.
- Reviewing certificates and correspondence received from third parties.
- Perform administrative duties including basic research and retrieving various documentation.
Paralegal Assistant I Resume
Objective : Dedicated and focused Office Manager / Administrative Assistant who excels at prioritizing, completing multiple tasks simultaneously and following through to achieve project goals. Seeking a role of increased responsibility and committed to delivering high quality results with little supervision and adept at managing multiple projects with ease using expert time management methods.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Worked closely with a senior paralegal on various case specific projects.
- Ordered medical records, medical bills, prepared medical notebooks and indexed depositions.
- Prepared trial notebooks for various litigation cases.
- Drafted, filed, served and answered deposition notices, subpoenas, summons, complaints, discover and pleadings.
- Obtained, reviewed, analyzed and maintained client medical records.
- Extensive daily contact with clients, client families, co-counsels, defense counsel and their support staff.
- Arranged for court reporters and/or videotape technicians.
- Scheduled and calendared depositions, hearings, medications, trials, and other appointments as necessary for the attorneys and support staff.
Paralegal Assistant Lead Resume
Headline : Quick learner In need of a good job I love people new surroundings and challenges and want to become a more experienced individual I also have some collections experience.
Skills : CPR, Home health care, Paralegal asstist.
- Performed calling for taxes, ordering payoffs, and preparing loan documents to be sent to borrowers.
- Scheduled loans for closing, managed escrow accounts, dispersed loans and ordered checks to send out payoffs.
- Satisfied curatives, ordered searches, and maintained databases of outstanding escrow accounts.
- Used Microsoft excel, word and other programs to perform daily duties.
- A used special program designed for the title company as well and printing Ups labels.
- Sent request for checks for distribution after loans closed.
- Contacted closers to go and perform closing spoke with borrowers to make sure we had all information needed.
- Ensure documentation is correct and incorrect order.
Paralegal Assistant/Consultant Resume
Objective : Dedicated Customer Service Representative with 5 years of client interface experience, Energetic team player motivated to maintain customer satisfaction and contribute to company success.
Skills : MS Office, MS Excel.
- Paralegal assistant under seeing a paralegal office manager and one attorney.
- Court procedures, continuing cases in district and admin court.
- Criminal and civil filings with the clerk of court.
- Office duties include answering phones, scheduling consultations, creating client files electronically and paper files, the composition of traffic citations and discussing traffic procedures with clients.
- Driving record documents, notarizing the attorney's right to receive NC driving records.
- Drafting legal documents such as; divorce complaints, divorce judgments, and decrees, etc.
- Composing disposition notices, procedure letters, waiver forms, advertisements, etc.
Paralegal Assistant Resume
Objective : To obtain a position that requires a diverse personality, one who can communicate professionally with clients/employees, able to multi-task and prioritize a work load and who is detail oriented; a company that will utilize and improve upon the skills I have gained working previously in the legal, corporate and nonprofit corporation fields.
Skills : SMS Office 2010 2013, Microsoft Access, Power Point,.
- Answer general questions in regards to a chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcies regarding a myriad of issues related to their bankruptcy and the process without providing legal advice.
- Prepare statement of intentions and file it with the courts.
- Notify creditor attorneys to stop or reverse the foreclosure sale.
- Assign Judges and Trustee information to each case.
- Prepare bankruptcy pleadings to the appropriate attorney for signature.
- Follow up calls to clients regarding needed information or payment arrangements.
- Keep detailed records of customer interactions, recording detail inquires, comments, complaints and as well of any action taken.
B.A. In Business