Junior Paralegal Resume
Objective : Motivated Junior Paralegal with extensive experience in all aspects of personal injury lawyer specializing in medical malpractice and personal injury cases with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment through advanced multi-tasking skills. To obtain a position that allows me to utilize my unique skills to assist in advancing a business that offers a stable employment opportunity. I am also eager to learn new skills and business and technological advancements.
Skills : Active Listener, Court Policies & Procedures, Ability To Multi-task, Legal Correspondence Preparation, Very Organized, Communication, Excellent Client Relationships
- Assisted attorneys in collecting information such as employment, medical and other records.
- Completed accident reports, trial and courtroom requests and applications for clients.
- Supported a team of 3 or more attorneys in a variety of personal injury cases, including but not limited to medical malpractice, auto accidents and slip and fall cases.
- Maintained calendar and tickler system for managing partner and associate attorneys.
- Screened telephone calls and forwarded them to the appropriate department.
- Filed all court documents at the state and federal levels both electronically and in paper form.
- Investigated facts and law of cases, using pertinent sources to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Directed and coordinated law office activity, including serving of subpoenas.
Summary : Certified Admin/Paralegal with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, high level of professionalism, calm demeanor and extreme confidentiality. Excellent self-managed multi-tasker. Thorough knowledge of legal terminology, procedures, and forms as well as state and federal court procedures. Knowledge of current office equipment and technology. Team player with the ability to work independently and to accept a high degree of unsupervised responsibility. Accurate, fast typing and transcription. Exceptional client relation skills.
Skills : Miceosoft Office Products, Multi Line Phone System, Legal Services, Experienced Administrative Support , Office Management, Friendlt Loyal And Dedicated
- Assisting in real estate closings and recording of instruments when called upon.
- Assisting the attorney by making cash and check deposits into our trust accounts.
- Managing attorney calendar for appointments, hearings, court dates for hearings and trial dates.
- Conducting background checks and registered employees with e-verify system.
- Maintaining full accountability for overseeing a broad range of paralegal activities, while actively supporting a team of attorneys in all aspects of complex family law matters.
- Managing an accurate, up-to-date database instrumental in evaluating case progress and performance results of support staff.
- Tasking with screening high profile prospective clients by telephone and personal interview.
- Researching and processing some corporations that must be dissolved in some states.
Bachelor Of Science
Office Manager/Paralegal Resume
Summary : Qualified and resourceful Office Manager/Paralegal with over twelve years of experience seeking a position where my research, communication, and document preparation skills can contribute to office efficiency and productivity. To apply past experience and training to a permanent full-time position with opportunities for advancement.
Skills : MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, QuickBooks, Best Case Bankruptcy Software, Legal Files, And LexisNexis. Fluent In English And Spanish
- Managed all administrative tasks for an associate attorney in personal injury law firm.
- Gathered information in preparation for lawsuits and performed legal research using LexisNexis and other search tools.
- Assisted with the preparation of pleadings, complaints, motions, discovery and other legal documents including e-filing with the courts and opposing counsel.
- Maintained a busy attorney calendar and interviewed clients for case intake.
- Assisted in case of management from case intake through trial preparation and helped facilitate the settlement process.
- Composed correspondence and relevant memoranda as required and transcribed dictation quickly and accurately.
- Requested and analyzed medical records and other documentation as well as performed any other tasks assigned.
- Organized and maintained over one hundred multiple, complex files involving contact with insurance carriers, clients, healthcare providers, employers, state/local agencies, and opposing counsel.
- Obtained, reviewed and calculated damage information (medical expenses, lost wages, and property damages) and prepared settlement statements.
BA in English
Junior Paralegal Resume
Objective : Junior Paralegal offering an extensive legal skill set, proficiency in managing large caseloads and capacity to meet deadlines. Applies excellent writing skills in drafting briefs, legal memorandums, motions, and correspondence. Conducts all legal business professionally and with little guidance from attorneys and supervisors. To obtain a professional position in an administrative role which allows me to effectively and efficiently draw on my past experience while mastering new challenges.
Skills : Legal Research, Legal Writing, Clerical, Scheduling, Organization, Administrative, Project Planning, Project Management, Multi-tasking
- Providing a complete range of legal support assistance in support of three FERC administrative law judges.
- Scheduling, organizing, preparing and attending settlement conferences and hearings led by FERC administrative law judges.
- Drafting procedural orders scheduling conferences, hearings, postponements, and subpoenas for judge's signature.
- Communicating the case-related information to the staff, the energy bar, representatives of regulated companies, and members of the public.
- Ensuring documents are in proper format and following commission guidelines.
- Performing legal research and compiles data and other case-related materials for hearing and settlements.
- Utilizing commission tracking systems to conduct analysis in cases pending before the judges.
- Analyzing appropriate data from commission documents and inputting into the database application.
BA in Political Science
Paralegal / Legal Assistant Resume
Summary : Paralegal / Legal Assistant with 11 plus years of experience providing legal, administrative and clerical support. Advanced computer knowledge and skills. Demonstrated ability to efficiently prioritize tasks and very detail oriented. Excellent time management skills, ability to work well under pressure and multi-task. Seeking employment opportunity which will open the door to professional development and experience.
Skills : Legal Research And Writing, Transcription, Public Records Research, Collections, Foreclosures, Evictions, Construction Liens, Business Incorporations
- Prepared complaints, motions, affidavits, orders, notices, and legal correspondences.
- Organized and maintained documents in paper and electronic filing systems.
- Scheduled and coordinated hearings, mediations, depositions, and client appointments.
- Updated internal system for case status, monitoring and tracking all deadlines.
- Interviewed potential and prepare case evaluation summary for attorney review.
- Prepared reference guide for use in foreclosure cases of the residential mortgage foreclosure mediation program pursuant to the order of the supreme court.
- Maintained accurate client files, correspondence, and court date calendars.
- Typed and processed accurate legal documents for court filings/legal pleadings.
- Interviewed and communicated directly with clients regarding concerns and status of the case.
B.S. in Human Services
Freelance Paralegal Resume
Summary : Freelance Paralegal with 11 years of experience handling a variety of civil litigation matters in Federal and State Courts, including business practice, healthcare, labor/employment, product liability, pharmaceutical recall, toxic tort, professional liability, insurance coverage/defense, and real estate transaction/litigation. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPerfect, E-filing, eDiscovery, Relativity, Summation, Concordance, Pacer, and Westlaw.
Skills : Paralegal, HR, Court Filings, Notary Public, Data Entry, Customer Service
- Implemented procedural changes including new filing system, scanning of all documents and enhanced communication with clients which improved overall office efficiency.
- Analyzed foreign bank accounts and prepared foreign bank and financial account reports for offshore voluntary disclosure initiative/program instituted by the IRS.
- Prepared legal documents and correspondence and submit to courts, internal revenue service.
- Upload bankruptcy-related documents and provide to trustee utilizing collaborative Upload or Doclink.
- Responsible for the daily interaction with clients, opposing counsel and court personnel via telephone, e-mail or facsimile.
- Maintained attorney calendar regarding hearings, meetings and client appointments.
- Assisted with negotiating repayment/settlement of financial obligations between client and creditor.
- Utilized software systems in preparation of documents and client follow-up.
Corporate Paralegal Resume
Summary : Practiced Corporate Paralegal with experience in medical malpractice, personal injury, insurance defense, family law, probate, Supreme Court appellant work, construction defect, guardianships, general civil litigation, and real estate law. Work history includes writing motions, trial preparation, preparing discovery documents, investigations, and interviewing clients and witnesses. Effective problem solver and critical thinker. Able to work independently, maintain priority levels effectively and manage multiple case loads including heavy litigation cases.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements, QuickBooks, Westlaw, Lexis-Nexis, Juris, Accurint
- Advised defendants and/or homeowners by phone and written correspondence on means to modify, reinstate or satisfy their loans.
- Managed the process between bank and borrower through all correspondence and legal documents related to reinstatement and/or payoff funds to the proper banks.
- Collaborated with title closers to obtain a breakdown of escrow advances on payoff letters.
- Responsible for processing checks to courts and referees in order for documentation to be mailed to the proper parties.
- Provided general assistance to firm partners and associates as needed, including drafting documents and correspondence, managing calendars and meetings, organizing files.
- Communicated with clients to either obtain the necessary information or update the current status of cases.
- Traveled for informational town halls to meet residents in the affected area.
- Gathered and analyzed research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
Certificate in Paralegal
Paralegal/Intake Specialist Resume
Summary : Committed to acting as a Paralegal/Intake Specialist and competent first point of contact to clients. Provide attorneys with superior office support to relieve stress from heavy caseloads. Adept at paying attention to minute details, as well as visualizing the larger picture when managing court filing procedures and deadlines. Possess strong knowledge of legal processes, payroll, and other office management procedures. In addition to hardworking and reliable, thrive under pressure and work successfully both alone or with diverse teams.
Skills : Contract Management, Content Negotiation, Case Management, Client Relations, Civil Litigation, Customer Service
- Provided a range of administrative and legal support to attorneys and other bank departments.
- Responsible for the preparation and administration of both routine and complex documents.
- Worked with senior legal management and attorneys to prioritize, monitor, and report the status of legal projects.
- Assisted attorneys in handling legal and regulatory issues related to the bank's business activities and operational function, as well as policy requirements.
- Assisted the attorney with due diligence related to the bank's secured lending and capital markets activities.
- Under the supervision of an attorney, reviewed and summarized regulatory proposals.
- Monitored and reported the status of the regulatory rulemaking activity.
- Responsible for searching and reviewing uniform commercial code filings in the event of bank name changes, mergers, and new filings.
Certificate in Paralegal
Paralegal Specialist Resume
Headline : A highly qualified Paralegal Specialist, dedicated to providing small law firms and solo attorneys with the experienced legal support they need, but without the expense and hassle of hiring a full-time employee. Built a new litigation center from the ground up, establishing effective procedures to ensure streamlined and effective case management practices. Contributed research, analysis, and writing to a successful trial and appellate complaints/petitions, answers, motions, briefs, and policy documents. Filed, negotiated and settled hundreds of back-logged Medi-Cal and disability cases.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, ECF Filing, Pacer, Case Management, Adobe, Legal Research, Office Management, Writing, Notary Public
- Filed various court documents in the circuit, courts, interaction with clients, providing support to managing attorney and one associate.
- Provided legal support to one managing attorney and one associating attorney with a caseload of 200 plus files.
- Independently prepared various legal documents such as complaints, answers to complaints, responses to affirmative defenses, and requests to admit, request for production of documents, various motions including motions to compel, orders, deposition notices, witness list, facilitation, and first and third-party case evaluation summaries, demands, and trial documents.
- Sent out pre-litigation documents to clients such as attendant care, household replacement service forms, mileage reimbursement forms, attending physician statement forms, and disability form, and other initial forms to the client for the completion and kept them updated accordingly.
- Developed a working relationship with courts, clients, debtors, and attorneys.
- Kept a track of dates and time of court appearances, and scheduled meetings.
- Drafted memoranda and provided recommendations for decisions on freedom of information act requests.
- Drafted letters to clients, typed up documents and assisted in note-taking.
Paralegal/Administrative Assistant Resume
Summary : Experienced, organized, and degreed Paralegal/Administrative Assistant accustomed to high levels of responsibility and working independently in the following legal specialties: contracts, transactions, real estate, and SBA lending for over 25 years. Accomplishments include administered syndicated loans and leverage leases, automated large contracts drafting and tracking processes. Managed major projects including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, and mergers. Supported up to twelve attorneys and assisted with multi-billion dollar projects and transactions.
Skills : Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, Pro Doc, E-Filing, DPA, Corel VideoStudio Pro, Computer Savvy, Office Administration, Communication, Customer Services, Conflict Resolution
- Utilized QuickBooks and timeslips for smooth flow of finances in and out, including attorney reimbursements for travel or other expenses for client, including attorney time, paralegal time, travel, filing fees, copy charges, postage, etc.
- Created and set up client billing payment plans, and handle collections for past due accounts, including civil judgments for non-payment.
- Gathered pertinent information, discovery and additional information needed for their case.
- Answered phones, maintained an accurate calendar with hearings, trials, deadlines, depositions, mediations, and client appointments.
- Prepared documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statement, deed, and leases.
- Prepared subpoenas, records depositions, a notice of deposition, a notice of examination, and employer subpoena requests.
- Conducted extensive interviews with potential clients, prepared retainers and drafted documents and schedules to file motions.
- Offered volunteer services to provide legal knowledge and assistance for immigration cases.
Certification in Law