Patient Accounts Manager Resume
Summary : Seeking a position where can utilize extensive healthcare experience to support and develop your organization to its fullest potential.
Skills : Supervisory Experience, Account Management, Medical Terminology, Problem Solving, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Workers Compensation.
- Managed a staff of 15 involving multi-function areas within the business office.
- Oversaw the primary revenue source of the facilities, Inpatient, Outpatient, Ambulatory and Hyperbaric/Wound Care specialty service unit billing and recovery for various payers.
- Oversaw the Financial Counselor responsible for Charity Care application/approval process in accordance with New York State poverty guidelines.
- Reviewed the maintenance and upkeep of Charity Care application data integrity for annual state reporting under exhibit 50 schedule.
- Oversaw Registration/ Insurance Verification Clerks process Inpatient, Ambulatory Surgery and PST admission and services.
- Ensured that prior authorization/proper approvals are obtained prior to service rendered as required by insurance carrier.
- Oversaw Cash Posting Clerks process and post 835 electronic payer files, Paper EOB's, Self-Pay manual checks, cash & credit card daily reconciliation and bank deposits.
Sr. Patient Accounts Manager Resume
Summary : Epic Software Hospital Billing Certified Lead - Successful system wide go-live Increased Clean Claim Rate from 62% to 75% Attained and sustained Employee Engagement Scores of 90%+ Consistent achievement with Performance Improvement Projects Merged three Physician Services locations into one within a 180-day window.
Skills : Healthcare Management, Project Management, Revenue Cycle Management, Medical Billing.
- Completed transition from paper claims system to medical software.
- Coordinated the activities of patient accounts personal Trained new employees in patient accounts procedures Was instrumental in financial .
- Oversaw Customer Service Clerks to ensure delivery of high quality customer care to our patients/family members and business clients.
- Maintained effective service recovery policy/procedures.
- Managed hospital billing and claims submission team in support of 6 metro-area facilities, including Provider Based Billing clinics.
- Included management of discharged not billed accounts and ensuring timely filing of claims through continuous coordination with Patient Access, Health Information Management and Revenue Integrity Departments.
- Reported to the Revenue Cycle Vice President.
Jr. Patient Accounts Manager Resume
Objective : Medical Business & Financial Management CPC Coding professional with over 20 years of progressive experience in driving strategic revenue cycle management & operations. Combination of payer, provider, coding& EMR expertise allows for design and implementation of improved practice profitability& compliance.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Medical Billing, Scheduling, Practice Management, Customer Service, Coding.
- Directed accounts receivable management for hospital, home health, and clinics.
- Converted operations from legacy computer systems to new physician/clinic billing systems.
- Served on hospital's administrative advisory board.
- Reduced A/R days from 75 to 65 (increasing cash by 18%).
- Decreased A/R +90 day amounts from 44% to 33% (with goal of 25% by fiscal year end) and, reduced bad debt from 7% to 5% - all within 8 months.
- Created payer-centered teams, and introduced individual A/R goals/monitoring, and an incentive program for increasing cash.
- Revamped Charge Description Master processes to appropriately capture revenue in Radiology, Blood Bank, and Surgery.
Associate Of Arts
Asst. Patient Accounts Manager Resume
Summary : Self-motivated Energetic Professional seeking an opportunity, to work in a challenging and rewarding environment that would allow to utilize efficacious Managerial, Supervisory and Business Administration Leadership Abilities, Skills and Experiences: with an aspiration to be a valuable asset and Team Player within the Company.
Skills : Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Patient Scheduling, Office Manager.
- Designed Surgery Charges based on acuity and time model.
- Improved customer service by training business office staff in guest relations best practices.
- Performed revenue cycle management for eight-physician interventional and non-interventional cardiology practice, which provided in-house laboratory services, nuclear stress testing, echocardiography and other diagnostic services.
- Supervised of eight employees including 2 certified coders.
- Educated physicians and staff on correct coding policies in compliance with AMA and CMS guidelines.
- Performed quarterly quality audits of coding.
- Created compliance, policy and procedure manuals.
Associates In Liberal Arts
Associate Patient Accounts Manager Resume
Headline : To secure a stable position to successfully demonstrate skills in analyzing and implementing strategies in leadership to achieve superior results in all endeavors.
Skills : Meditech, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Created daily deposits.
- Maintained patient records.
- Entered weekly sales and patient data into Excel.
- Researched customer .
- Responsibly included the processing and billing and collection of Patient Accounts.
- Supervised 65 employees, including 4 Junior.
- Experienced with HBO Medipac, Premis, and Post-Pro billing and posting software.
Patient Accounts Manager III Resume
Summary : A highly knowledgeable and motivated patient accounts manager with excellent communication and organizational skills demonstrated by an extensive range of experience in healthcare, including healthcare management, revenue cycle management, medical billing, charge entry and reconciliation, office management as well as healthcare reimbursement.
Skills : Access, Outlook, McKesson STAR Navigator, Claims Administrator, And Pathways Contract Management, 3M Coding And Reimbursement.
- Managed a staff of 36 employees including: Systems Analyst, Supervising Hospital Care Investigators, Senior Hospital Care Investigators, Hospital .
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures related to staffing, auditing and reviewing of caseload activities to maximize the collection.
- Recognized for increasing payer revenue over projections.
- Recognized for implementing additional administrative collections policies which directly led to increased patient revenue and overall office functionality.
- Trained, oversaw and mentored office staff of 2-4 people.
- Provided cosmetic and insurance-based surgery quotes to patients by verifying policy benefits and directly applying those benefits to contracted rates, state insurance claims processing laws, and individual payer rules.
- Followed up with all potential cosmetic surgery leads in attempt to close sales.
Patient Accounts Manager II Resume
Summary : To obtain a career in which professional experience, education, and skills will benefit the growth of employer and self.
Skills : Powerpoint, Outlook, Etc, Graphics Programs, Specialized Programs Such As NetSuites And Meditec.
- Assigned the responsibility to work with consultants and create a charge master for the hospital, and develop pricing for both.
- Modified billing/collections policies and procedures into a steady checks and balances system.
- Developed and implemented additional administrative, billing, clinical and collections policies.
- Managed daily transactions including collecting patient payments; processing insurance checks; entering daily charges and preparing deposits.
- Solely responsible for coding all daily office and outpatient procedures, diagnoses and correctly processing electronic claims, rejections and remittances.
- Led daily operations of accounts receivable functions related to insurance billing, record imaging and payment variances.
- Developed goals, standards and objectives that directly supported strategic plan and vision of organization.
Patient Accounts Manager I Resume
Objective : Oversaw account operations for 20 physician specialty clinics. Generated net of $400k within six-month period after implementing a department focused on identifying options for uninsured and underinsured patient accounts. Reduced account receivable days from 71 to 49 resulting in increased cash collections.
Skills : Microsoft Word And Excel HRIS Software, Novell-Group Wise, Netscape.
- Researched and purchase new billing software for patient account department.
- Directed staff through training, supervision, evaluation and disciplinary action.
- Ensured staff compliance with company policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
- Monitored departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts and vendor relations.
- Contributed to development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards and initiatives.
- Oversaw communication, teamwork, staffing, organizational change, performance management and development.
- Drastically reduced volume of failed claims in three-month time period through workflow redesign.
Diploma In Data Processing
Patient Accounts Manager/Specialist Resume
Objective : Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills. Able to effectively communicate written and verbally. Detail oriented, organized and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Skills : Blackboard Training for Virtual and Blended Instruction.
- Slashed account receivable days from 90 to 45 while increasing cash collections.
- Reduced bad debt expense from 13.5% to 5.4% by implementing procedures to screen uninsured patients admitted through ERD who qualified for state-funded programs.
- Redistributed work by evaluating each member of billing team to identify strengths and weaknesses, resulting in well-balanced team.
- Corresponded with customers to resolve billing issues and queries.
- Updated and maintained billing records and documentation every day.
- Performed assigned administration related duties and responsibilities.
- Collaborated with other departments to cater to customer needs.
Patient Accounts Manager Resume
Objective : Dedicated, experienced and driven Office Management, HIM, Accounting/Payroll, Portal training, web development, Marketing and Human Resources to include an emphasis in quality improvement.
Skills : Payroll, Billing Medical And Non Medical, Coding ICD.
- Responsible for entering charges and diagnosis codes into patient accounts to determine patient's financial responsibility.
- Evaluated, analyzed and verified dates of service and billed amounts.
- Verified billing information accuracy and revise errors.
- Resolved all accounts within given time frame.
- Maintained and tracked accounts receivable.
- Posted and tracked payments.
- Controlled intake, scheduling, insurance billing, cash collection, cash posting, and financial counseling.
Associates In Healthcare Adminstration