Permit Technician Resume
Summary : A highly organized and hard-working individual looking for a responsible position to gain practical experience is now seeking a position where one could assist coworkers, and help as much as one can to make a better, safer and more efficient department.
Skills : Property Research, Department Management, Budget Control and Entry, Court Documentation Files and Appearances.
- Provides quality customer service to the public at the building counter, over the telephone, and through e-mail.
- Processes building permit applications using the city's permit tracking software.
- Provides information regarding the division's procedures, policies, and functions regarding permit and plan check submittals.
- Maintains permit applications and drawings for active plan checks; compiles and maintains plan check files and records.
- Serves as a resource to customers, including directing them, as necessary, to various sources of information including other city departments.
- Performs an overview of plans for compliance with established submittal standards, and assists others involved in related community development activities.
- Provides a variety of clerical and technical support, including but not limited to maintaining department records, files, and other reference materials.
Permit Technician I Resume
Objective : Desire is to find a stable yet challenging position in a professional environment in which one learns new technologies and skills while utilizing previous experiences to improve beyond current abilities.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, Windows.
- Establishes positive working relationships with representatives of community organizations, state/ local agencies and associations.
- Responsible for permitting of deep and surface mine operations, supervision of contracted permitting and construction work.
- Responsible for permitting of deep and surface mine operations contracted permitting and construction work.
- Enter site plan review and permit issuance into permitting software program.
- Responsible for departmental typing, filing and ongoing permitting/inspections.
- Evaluate land use inquires and directs individuals to various city departments and divisions.
- Assist customers with property development issues and problems.
- Prepare mechanical, plumbing, roofing, and miscellaneous permits, process daily cash balancing reports and assisted in other departments as needed.
Permit Technician-Admin Resume
Objective : Permit Technician with 3 years of experience employed as a contract employee with numerous assignments as a certified tech and code officer alike.
Skills : Administrative Assistant, Supervision, MS Office, Data Entry.
- Provided excellent customer services to general contractors and subcontractors in person and by telephone.
- Maintained database for inspections, permits and plan reviews utilizing the Building Code Division's Accela/e-Permit, an in house proprietary database, and MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Reviewed building plans and permit applications for completeness and compliance with established codes, ordinances, policies, and procedures
- Copied plan review marks from the contractor's copy to the file copy.
- Drafted and completion of letters requesting more information for incomplete plan reviews.
- Built strong rapport with county and city hall personnel to facilitate the permit/review/construction and inspection process for the commercial/residential end-user.
- Processed permit applications and all paperwork pertaining to new home construction.
Jr. Permit Technician Resume
Objective : Seeking a position within a progressive organization where experience, dedication and practical abilities are recognized for the benefit of the company and continue career growth.
Skills : Typing, Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Office Management.
- Provides department information and customer service; answers questions as the first point of contact for customers.
- Reviews and accepts plans and permit applications, reviews applications for completeness, calculates and collects applicable fees.
- Assists staff with processing applications, permits, plans, and technical documents; processes documents and maintains permit records, files and activity log.
- Creates, updates and tracks a variety of electronic and paper files, records, applications, reports, and technical documents; researches issues as requested.
- Performs a variety of administrative support functions, including secretarial, purchasing, billing, cash management, budget tracking, and mass communications.
- Enters department and customer information and other data into city computer systems; accesses and locates information for customers, staff, authorized agencies, and others.
- Cross-trains in the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures for other Department programs.
Sr. Permit Technician Resume
Objective : Extremely knowledgeable of the permitting process pertaining to public works regulations and construction, providing expert direction in all aspects of permitting.Highly qualified, detail-oriented and hardworking.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Office Management, Data Entry, Typing.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Processes building permits by logging permits in the database, routing them to proper departments for review, and issuing permits to customers.
- Receives and reviews applications, plans, and other construction documents; determines sufficiency of submittals; advises applicants on requirements for complete submittals.
- Assists with various administrative tasks by scheduling and resulting inspections, scheduling meetings, filing permits and applications.
- Performing data entry and assisting customers at the counter and over the telephones.
- Researches records and provides customers with specialized site-specific property information.
- Provides coordination support with building, on-site engineering, fire, and planning inspectors to maintain project continuity
Permit Technician II Resume
Summary : Committed and motivated Permit Technician with exceptional customer service and decision making skills. Strong work ethic, professional demeanor and great initiative.
Skills : Property Research, Department Management, Budget Control and Entry, Court Documentation Files and Appearences.
- Reviewed over the counter standard plans for permit issuance, routed plans for other department approval, answered customer complaints or concerns.
- Assisted management in resolving minor permit and inspection problems.
- Performed minor plan check of patio covers, block walls, swimming pools and spas, small room additions, decks, and minor garage conversions over the counter.
- Verified all applications are filled out correctly and then enter the information is entered in the computer.
- Tracked all plans to make sure all reviews are done in a timely manner.
- Verified all permit and plan review fees are correct.
- Checked the homeowners' mailing and location address and name through the Property Appraiser Web Site.
Associate Permit Technician Resume
Headline : Permit Technician position allows demonstrating organizational, customer service, communication, and project management skills proven by several years of successful work in local government.
Skills : Word, Excell, PowerPoint, Type 55 wpm.
- Responded to developer, architect, and property owner inquiries by providing information related to permitting procedures and policies either at the public counter or over the phone.
- Reviewed and examined permit applications and plans for compliance with applicable codes.
- Coordinated approval of plans with regulatory agencies to assure required approvals and maintain logs.
- Perform complex records searches and prepare complex statistical and other required reports.
- Collected appropriate documentation and applications for plan check and permit requests.
- Responsible for issuing building permits, related trades as well as public works encroachment permits.
- Reviewed and verified the applicant's information to determine appropriate licenses, credentials, and insurances.
Assistant Permit Technician Resume
Headline : Excel at working with others on multiple levels, ensuring organizational and sales goals are met while making customers happy. Furthermore, seeking a position where one could assist coworkers, and help as much as one can to make a better, safer and more efficient department.
Skills : Scheduling, Excel, 10-Key, Publisher, Event Planning, Office Applications, Multi-Line Phone System.
- Served as a counter permit technician within the Building and Safety Department.
- Assisted the general public, property owners, business owners, contractors, and developers with the process and issuance of building permits.
- Received and reviewed building permit and plan check applications; accessed the scope of the project and relevant permit requirements.
- Verified that all projects obtained all required departmental approvals prior to the issuance of any building permit; verified professional and contractor licensing.
- Calculated and verified valuations and fees; issued building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits.
- Assisted in the interpretation, application, and maintenance of the policies and procedures for the Development Services "One Stop Shop".
- Assisted planning, public works, engineering, and transportation staff on a frequent basis; provides support to other departments as necessary.
Permit Technician III Resume
Objective : Seeking a position that will enable using strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people.
Skills : Customer Service, Written Correspondence, Receptionist, Executive Support, Invoicing, Powerpoint, Word, Windows, Project Management.
- Responsible for the administrative and frontline customer service for current and long-range planning, building construction, inspection, and related activities.
- Receive inspection requests and dispatch requests to the Building Inspector.
- Receive commercial and residential permit applications for signage, temporary permit, and other applications for projects.
- Review all permits for completeness and recorded receipt.
- Review cases according to the jurisdiction of the City of Manor and Interpret legal documents from outside reports pertaining to the Building Inspector.
- Perform minor plan check of patio covers, block walls, swimming pools and spas, small room additions, decks, and minor garage conversions over the counter.
- Review over the counter standard plans for permit issuance, routed plans for other department approval, answered customer complaints or concerns.
Permit Technician Resume
Summary : Secure a responsible career opportunity to fully utilize training and skills, while making a significant contribution to the success of the company.
Skills : MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Typing - 92wpm, Publisher, Outlook.
- Verified legal descriptions, computer input/data entry.
- Typed of manuals, filing, purging, compose standard correspondence; initiate reports as appropriate, phone/front office receptionist.
- Formatted, suggest content, edit, and type a variety of documents using word processing, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office software.
- Maintained calendar of meetings; copying, faxing; extensive interfacing with internal/external personnel.
- Calculated Public Facility Fees for commercial, industrial, and other locations.
- Logged inspection requests and prepare field files for daily inspection for building inspections.