Sr. Plant Controller Resume
Headline : Accounting professional with ten plus years of demonstrated expertise in the manufacturing & Industrial environment. Strong knowledge of cost accounting, general ledger, month-end journal entries, financial analysis, P&L forecast, budget prep, full scope audit, managed capital projects, reporting of fixed asset additions, disposals, and superior analytical skills. Collaborate effectively with department managers to resolve variances, refine forecast, and identify opportunities for improvement.
Skills : Excel, JD Edwards, Ross, Word, Powerpoint, Kronos, AS400.
- Planned, organized, directed and controlled the functions of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll personnel, and other related accounting personnel employed by the Alabama, Tallahassee, and Shreveport plant Supervised accounting staff of five employees located at regional office along with six sales service employees located at each plant location.
- Oversaw and coordinated all day-to-day accounting duties such as invoice processing, revenue reporting, credit memo processing, account reconciliation and analysis, and inventory control for the Recycled Fibers Southeastern Division.
- Coordinated month-end closing duties of account receivable and accounts payable personnel, prepared month-end journal entries to the general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliation report, weekly cash disbursements and cash receipts forecast, and monthly sales analysis to assist sales personnel in preparation of a customer margin variance.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial statement and budget related documents reporting the results of operations directly to the General Manager for the Recycled Fibers Southeastern Division.
- Responsible for producing quarterly reports for the Southeast Region for consolidation at corporate level for production and filing of SEC required reports for publicly traded companies in compliance with Sarbanes -Oxley.
- Responsible for yearly on sight full scope audit of the southeast regions financial records by Deloitte & Touche accounting firm in accordance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Responsible for production of yearly sales budget and operations/ Fixed cost budget for Alabama, Tallahassee, and Shreveport plant.
Bachelor Of Science
Jr. Plant Controller Resume
Objective : Finance professional with more than 10 years of experience in both industry and public accounting. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and assignments as well as quickly learn and utilize new methods, systems, and technology. Creative troubleshooter able to quickly identify problems and implement practical solutions. Effective leader with the skills to build highly motivated, productive, and diverse teams.
Skills : SAP.
- Advanced through positions of increasing scope and responsibility to insure integrity of financial data for chemical manufacturing company.
- Support bottom-line success by managing financial data and implementing proper inventory controls surrounding raw materials, parts, and capital assets.
- Coordinate cross-departmentally with Production, Purchasing, and Maintenance teams to research, identify, and implement industry best practices.
- Supervise fixed asset accountants on Construction in Progress Management, Cycle Counting, and System integration to streamline operations and efficiently manage the MRO financial data housed in the maintenance management software.
- Communicate with regional counterparts to maintain consistency of reporting and data capture throughout the finance organization.
- Track, compile, assess data, and present month-end reports related to spending and production variances, as well as other performance factors.
- Selected Contributions: Work closely with product management and production teams in analysis of expansion projects, identifying yield issues on product lines and cost analysis.
- Initiated process improvement teams for manufacturing facility in an effort to improve operational efficiencies and inventory control.
BS In Business
Plant Controller III Resume
Summary : Over 22 years of experience in a manufacturing environment. Controller that has worked my way up from staff accountant and therefore have the ability to step in and do the day to day activities required of my staff if needed. Looking for a stable company that can use my manufacturing background and leadership skills to impact the organization in a positive way.
Skills : Management Accounting, Financial Management, Financial.
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly financial statement preparation.
- Managed all day to day activities of the finance department including AP, AR, Budget preparation, and cash management while implementing internal controls.
- Ensured enterprise adherence to GAAP and SEC accounting standards to establish controls and safeguards.
- Determined company's overall financial performance, identified areas for improvement, and fortified stakeholder's trust with standardized guidelines.
- Conducted monthly, quarterly, and annual closing initiatives within six-day time period while also executing financial reporting reviews.
- Designed and deployed training curriculum and new hire orientation for accounting and customer service employees.
- Promoted optimal levels of productivity, accountability, and efficiency to ensure workforce optimization and team collaboration Skills.
BS In Business
Plant Controller II Resume
Objective : Accounting professional with 20 over years experience including over 13 years at the Controller level. Industry experience includes 15 years in manufacturing, two years in banking and over three years in the oil and gas service industry. Recognized for partnering with senior management to effectively pull departments together for strategic planning and financial budgeting, while providing accurate and timely reporting of current operating results.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite, various ERP systems, Variance Analysis, Budgeting, Forecasting, Accounts Payable administration, Accounts Receivable administration, Payroll administration, Cost Accounting.
- Responsible for Budgeting, Forecasting, Month-End Closing, and Financial Analysis for manufacturing facility that generates over $100MM of finished goods product annually as well as distribution center that generates over $250MM in annual shipments.
- Serve as intermediary between plant and internal audit to review SOX policies and assure that plant is in compliance with corporate expectations.
- Responsible for review of all Capital Expense requests to ensure that documentation and financial data is correct.
- Perform monthly analysis of Fixed Assets and make recommendations for disposals and impairments.
- Work with Plant Leadership in developing savings initiatives by identifying areas of greatest opportunity and creating plan to meet objectives.
- Oversee audit of all Raw Material and WIP inventory counts as well as Finished Goods cycle counts.
- Provide detailed review of counts and work with plant to determine reasons for overages/shortages.
- Selected Contributions: - Developed new model for budgeting employer tax expense to ensure proper calendarization of costs.
B.S. In Business Administration
Plant Controller I Resume
Summary : Solid background in financial analysis and accounting in a manufacturing environment, with a strong emphasis in accounts payable/receivable, general ledger accounting, corporate financial accounting, budgeting, and monthly close. Skilled in developing and implementing standardized policies and procedures. Organized, highly motivated, and detail directed problem solver. Proven ability to work in unison with staff, corporate officers, external customers, and both external and internal auditors.
Skills : SAP, Microsoft Office, Hyperion.
- Conduct analyses and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, and other financial related matters.
- Prepare forecasts and analyzes trends in manufacturing, distribution, sales, finance, general conditions and other related areas.
- Performs a variety of necessary tasks for all assignments including preparing work plan schedule, completing detailed analysis and research, identifying options, preparing reports for management, and recommending action or change based on findings.
- Provide assistance to departments in the formulation of their budgets.
- Extrapolate information for annual budget preparation.
- Review departmental actual expenses versus budgeted expenses and issues monthly variance statements.
- Conducts special financial and business related studies as requested by management.
- Collaborate with procurement and operations to fully understand all aspects of costs and make pricing recommendations.
Lead Plant Controller Resume
Summary : A career professional in the manufacturing accounting field with a concentration in the cost accounting environment. A business planner with organizational skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. An experienced manager in all phases of the Month end and year end closing process.
Skills : Financial planning, Costing, Budgeting, International Experience Bicultural, SAP, Oracle, Hyperion.
- Supervise accounts payable, receivables, payroll, employee benefits, credit and collections, balance sheet and journal entries to prepare monthly financial statements.
- Document and maintain complete cost records using excel spread sheets for each new machine build to include labor hours by department, engineer and design hours, cost of company machined parts and purchased components.
- Implemented a fixed asset system Handle foreign exchange rates for none domestic vendors.
- Review customer invoices to ensure payment compliance based on contractual agreements Prepare annual property tax listings, supervised payroll and benefits, negotiation of yearly insurance cost.
- Install, train staff and trouble shoot the installation of QuickBooks.
- Calculate fully burden labor and overhead rate for use in the quotation process.
- Prepare and maintain the yearly operations budget.
- Prepare, maintain and adjust daily, weekly and monthly cash flow projections.
Associate Plant Controller Resume
Headline : A career that offers long-term professional growth utilizing my accounting, financial and managerial experience.
Skills : ERP - SAP, Microsoft Office.
- Lead the management, reporting and planning of the plants financial and accounting activities.
- Include budgeting, financial analysis, managing the monthly close process, financial reporting and driving plant productivity.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the financial records and safeguarding of assets ensuring a strong internal control environment in compliance with Kraft's policies, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Report and presents the manufacturing operation's financial results, risks, and opportunities to key stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide cost forecasting and analysis, productivity pipeline accuracy and analysis.
- Provide thought leadership and insight on achievement of plant key performance metrics with a strong focus on cost reduction and improved operating efficiencies.
- Conduct self-assessment audits and manage all internal/external audits.
- Build and maintain financial standards (financial BOMS).
Plant Controller/Supervisor Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Plant Controller with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Leadership, Lean Manufacturing, SAP, MacPac, Symix, MAPICS.
- Responsible for cost accounting, financial analysis and month end close for the North Carolina manufacturing operation.
- Member of senior management team for North Carolina operations.
- Created and led cross-functional team which developed a reports page accessible by leaders resulting in improved productivity.
- Facilitated and trained non-financial leaders in financial concepts, applications to company's financials, and how to run financial reports for their departments.
- Created a sales price discount model to determine what discount "factor" to adjust discount percentages to achieve a specified price increase or decrease.
- Developed direct labor variance reports enabling manufacturing leaders to focus on process improvement resulting in improved efficiencies.
- Improved and refined gross margin reporting which serves as an important information source for executive conference calls and for product rationalization decisions.
B. A. In Accounting
Plant Controller/Coordinator Resume
Objective : Direct, hands-on work experience within all functions of an Accounting Department. This includes: Strategic/operating planning and forecast, monthly closing and reporting; cost accounting, inventory control, cash management, fixed asset accounting, balance sheet & working capital management, and financial reporting on both entity and consolidated levels.
Skills : Excel, Oracle Financles.
- Responsible for monthly closing and reporting.
- Review, analyze and monitor operating results in relation to costs, budgets and operating policies and prepare suggestions for corrective actions & improvements.
- Prepare and issue analysis data and management information to support decision makers.
- Responsible for external audit, internal audit and SAPRO (self-auditing program) Monitor and ensure the adherence to ZF group procedures & policies and IFRS.
- Lead the physical inventory data reconciliation and review process, working closely with production and logistic to improve inventory accuracy.
- Annual standard cost build up and inventory valuation Project calculation within plant responsibilities Recruit, develop and Lead finance and controlling team, setting high personal and professional standards.
- Include objective setting, performance appraisal and the identification of staff training and development needs.
MBA In Finance
Plant Controller/Manager Resume
Summary : To obtain a position within a diverse business environment, where my qualifications, skills and experience are utilized and challenged, allow me to contribute the full range of my potentials for the growth and excellence of the company; to endow my service and to become a part of the development on your prestigious company or seek diversity and opportunity for my professional enrichment.
Skills : Accounting, Computer Software, Microsoft Office.
- Monitor all activities and ensure compliance to all corporate standards.
- Analyze efficient working of commercial team and maintain profitable accountability of all projects.
- Perform all financial forecasts and prepare all GAAP reports and provide an efficient interface with all customers to resolve all payment issues and develop and achieve all objectives.
- Resolve all technical issues and provide technical assistance to all teams and documents all requirements for external auditors.
- Design and maintain all standard cost of all plant products.
- Reconcile all physical inventory and maintain accuracy in transactions and records for all inventory and perform financial audit on annual basis.
- Manage and obtain approval for all requests on capital expenditures and maintain controls on all plant processes within required budget and prepare reports to summarize all business activities.
Plant Controller Resume
Objective : To obtain a position with an organization that recognizes hard work, dedication and loyalty. To utilize the skills that I have learned in real world and academic areas.
Skills : Plant Controller, Cost Accounting, Excel, ERP Systems.
- Explain month-over-month variances and present financial statements to corporate executive team.
- Perform all financial planning and analysis for strategic manufacturing operation - including preparing the manufacturing facility's annual and five-year business plans.
- Use sophisticated analytical tools to determine standard labor and overhead rates used in establishing standard costs and monthly over/under overhead absorption.
- Track movement of carbon fiber, parts, and chemical inventory to ensure the integrity of the perpetual inventory system.
- Review and approve bills of materials (BOMs) and work orders for new and existing orders.
- Contract review and management; assure adhere to performance requirements and timely issuance of progress billings.
- Use percentage-of-completion method of accounting, using inputs from project managers and job costing database, to recognize revenue in accordance with GAAP.