Senior Purchasing Agent Resume
Summary : Senior Purchasing Agent experienced in negotiating vendor pricing and maintaining vendor relationships while adhering to strict ethical standards for procurement. A strategic problem-solver with the ability to work across all levels of an organization and uncover ways to improve procurement processes, decrease company purchasing costs, increase supply chain efficiencies and ensure optimal levels of inventory. To be associated with a progressive company that allows me to utilize my strategic sourcing background, procurement experience, and professional qualifications in order to enhance the goals and objectives of the organization.
Skills : Strategic And Analytical Analysis, Cost/Price Analysis, Negotiations, Contract Law, Contracts Administration, Grants Development, Cost Savings, Project Planning, Budget Forecasting
- Managing and producing contractual procurements and facilitating the operations of city departments during the procurement process to ensure fair and open competition, transparency, and protect the integrity of the procurement system.
- Managing the acquisition of the highest quality merchandise or services at the lowest price or at best value and ensuring prompt delivery, performance and uninterrupted flow of materials, supplies, and services from cradle to grave.
- Implementing supplier performance management metrics in order to improve the performance of suppliers and be more efficient and effective in operations.
- Establishing a good business relationship with all interested bidders/proposers for the purpose of identifying new and innovative opportunities to maximize cost savings.
- Supervising and implementing the usage of historically underutilized business, disadvantaged business enterprise, women business enterprise, and minority business enterprise on all procurement opportunities.
- Computing, maintaining and preparing complex records correctly, ensuring confidentiality.
- Conducting and supervising pre-bid/pre-proposal conferences, bid openings, proposal reviews and evaluate bids and/or offers in coordination with independent architects/engineers, departmental technical representatives, risk management, and legal counsel.
- Formulating and conducting negotiations/discussions for commodities, services, construction, engineering, architectural projects and for other assigned procurements in order to obtain the best and most advantageous offer.
Non-Stock Purchasing Agent Resume
Summary : Non-Stock Purchasing Agent with experience in Purchasing, Procurement, Logistics, Sourcing, Warehousing, Operations, Inventory Planning, and Production Scheduling, Shipping and Receiving. Deliver cost savings without compromising quality. Proven success in vendor management and global sourcing. Team player with strong relationship building, project management, analytical and negotiating skills. Ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines. To secure a position as a Senior Buyer/Planner where my ability and skills can be utilized for maximum cost benefits.
Skills : Purchasing, Warehousing, Vendor Relations, Microsoft Office Suite, Inventory Management, Analyze
- Leading buying team for new raw material sourcing and replenishment buying for both domestic and international.
- Implemented new purchasing practices to reduce inventory by 37% over the past three years.
- Controlled raw material pricing through vendor negotiations and strategic sourcing, while reducing lead times and improving vendor relations.
- Providing superior team interaction and support to R&D, corporate product marketing, shipping and receiving.
- Managing new raw material sourcing, purchasing, raw material planning, receiving and procurement.
- Providing alternate sourcing, negotiating annual price increases and developing new purchasing practices to reduce raw material inventory, reducing lead times and reducing or holding costs.
- Working with research and development alternate fuel team to source material for new formulations in wax.
- Administered and evaluated cost savings efforts to improve performance, reduce inventories, by nearly $1mm in 2014.
Bachelor Of Science
Junior Purchasing Agent Resume
Objective : Junior Purchasing Agent seeking a position with an organization to fully utilizing my procurement, process scheduling, organizational, and analytical skill-set. My SAP, Oracle, and GP experience, determination to learn and grow, along with my ability to multi-task and work independently will bring value to your organization. To succeed in an environment of growth and excellence and earn a job which provides me job satisfaction and self-development and helps me achieve personal as well as organization goals.
Skills : Inventory Management, Analyze, Attention To Detail, Microsoft Office, Fluent With Excel/Numbers, Fluent With Word/Pages, Bilingual - Spanish
- Monitored material usage and adjusted the material stock as necessary to maintain inventory management goals.
- Made material reorder point adjustments to ensure material is on hand as necessary without impacting inventory goals.
- Determined when inventories should be replenished and initiate necessary requisition documents.
- Conducted monthly inventories of stocked items and accounts for deviations between records and on-hand quantities to ensure goals are met within the inventory management measure of CMT.
- Assisted in the identification, labeling, and disposition of hazardous materials.
- Maintained a current log and distributes material safety data sheets to appropriate personnel.
- Performed detailed purchasing work involving the review of requisitions, the preparation of bid documents, the review and award of bids, the preparation of contracts and purchase orders.
- Lead worker for the stock clerk providing assistance and direction as necessary.
- Monitored tracking of service purchase contracts using a spreadsheet, updated weekly, to ensure effective monitoring of contacts.
Bachelor Of Science
Purchasing Agent/Fixed Asset Manager Resume
Summary : A creative, versatile Purchasing Agent/ Fixed Asset Manager with more than 10 years of purchasing and supply chain experience. This experience includes all facets of the supply chain, including sourcing, vendor selection, inventory management, contract administration, logistics, and product lifecycle. I have a proven track record of cost-effective purchasing for organizations in both the public and private sectors. To provide leadership and knowledge in the arena of procurement earned from my past and current experience.
Skills : Quickbooks, Purchasing, Fax Machines, Adding Machines, Logistics, Sourcing, Timekeeping, Maximo, Kronos, Microsoft Office, SAGE/MAS90, Data Entry, Microsoft SharePoint
- Responsible for providing procurement support for assigned categories servicing the domestic breweries, packaging plants, theme parks, and distribution centers.
- Ensured services provided to a-b locations are selected and ordered within company policies and guidelines.
- Worked in a cross-functional team in the development of a training program for facilities managers.
- Worked in a cross-functional team in the development of a scope of a work training program aimed at brewery requisitioners.
- Taught the sessions of this class interface with risk management and the legal departments on issues related to services provided to a-b by outside vendors.
- Subject matter expert for procurement on vendor insurance and risk management issues reviewed, revised, and approved service contracts with vendors for professional, software, maintenance, and scopes of work.
- Presented contacts to upper management for review and approval due to required very high spend authority.
- Prioritized assigned work to meet the changing needs of the Authority.
- Continually monitor the status of assigned work and reprioritized work in progress as needed to meet demands.
Masters of Business Administration
Lead Purchasing Agent Resume
Summary : Innovative Lead Purchasing Agent with a high level of integrity & ethics and more than 30 years of progressive purchasing experience in the indirect procurement arena. Experience in automating purchasing requisitioning and PO creation for indirect goods/ services for a $1.6 Billion organization. Assisted in RFP management for IT-related goods/ services. To obtain a position in Purchasing/Material/Safety to work and excel for an organization, where I can utilize my skill, experience, and knowledge.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, On Base And GroupWise, Oracle 11i And R12 Related To Core Purchasing & I-Procurement.
- Assisting with the annual purchase of computers, hardware, software equipment/supplies.
- Negotiating corporate-wide long-term and short-term contracts to fulfill corporate and customer needs.
- Assisted with centralization and policy compliance related to IT purchasing standards by working closely with the information systems and information technologies department.
- Followed-up & expedited orders as needed provided matrix for measuring and evaluating supplier performance in areas of commodity/function groups assigned.
- Supporting spend analysis associated with contract programmers, promotional items, office supplies & equipment, maintenance/service contracts, safety/ janitorial and other miscellaneous indirect spend items or categories.
- Providing daily assistance to the Director, facilities & administration in the implementation of the corporate policies and procedures for the coordination of the corporate fleet.
- Responsible for reporting and maintaining cost savings report on a quarterly and yearly basis for the purchasing department.
- Supervised summer intern who performed daily office functions and special projects as needed.
- Working closely with accounts payable in reconciling invoices for payment (matching invoices with receivers).
Bachelor Of Science
Inside Sales Rep/Purchasing Agent Resume
Objective : A dedicated and results-driven Inside Sales Rep/Purchasing Agent and team player. Experienced in working with high ranking military officials, and Department of Defense civilians on exceeding expectations for customer service. Possesses excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Enjoys being part of, as well as managing, motivating and training a successful team, and thrives in challenging work environments. Interested in providing customer support to a logistics agency.
Skills : Microsoft, Purchasing, Purchasing, Negotiation, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable
- Provided costs bidding on government contracts, negotiated costs set up material records, adjusted out of balance records based on findings expedite and managed the return of materials and recorded transactions.
- Reconciled purchase records process, receipt of goods, managed material logs, generated reports for tracking data associated with reordering.
- Annually procured material that exceeded 8 million dollars, that included, raw construction materials for end products associated to create hyper-realistic villages for many cultures and medical simulation, and pyrotechnics associated to military and non - military training purposes.
- Coordinated, tracked and procured material for a wide range of commodities for various trades.
- Procured a wide range of material include electrical, carpentry, welding, molding, special effects, and pyrotechnics.
- Generated reports to reflect procurement data that includes, material usage, vendor-related data, costs and allocations associated with projects.
- Communicated effectively with production, suppliers, transportation, receiving and accounting from procurement through the installation process that occurs locally, national and international.
- Researched technical data, and end uses for innovations and first-time evolutions within the company.
BA in International Business
Operations Manager/Purchasing Agent Resume
Summary : Accomplished Operations Manager/Purchasing Agent specialized in the automotive OEM manufacturing industry. Strong negotiating skills along with a proven ability to master purchase order systems and participate actively in cross-functional project teams. Extensive experience in the maintenance field Expert understanding of complex equipment and facility maintenance/infrastructure projects. Effective presentation and communication skills Strong finance, quantitative, and analytical skills. Solid background in computer-based analytic tools.
Skills : ERP, MRP, MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word, SAP, Oracle, Project Management, Inventory Management, Inventory Control, Purchasing
- Responsible for the formulation and release of RFQ's to preferred vendors for new projects and for capital equipment.
- Created and implemented purchasing processes and procedures.
- Created and implemented new terms and conditions for MRO and production parts purchase orders.
- Responsible for creation of scheduled orders and releases for production parts at start-up for new projects.
- Identified sales tax requirements as they relate to the payment of vendor invoices for the accounting department, for each of the business entities.
- Provided coordinated logistical and hands-on support to the materials department relating to release schedules for production parts.
- Trained all new associates in proper use and procedures for entering requisitions.
- Implemented MRO strategies for the new venture into the health care industry, allowing for preservation of working capital while providing for daily business requirements to the start-up of the company.
High School Diploma
Corporate Purchasing Agent Resume
Summary : Corporate Purchasing Agent offering 7 years of extensive experience in purchasing and sourcing a wide variety of products, software, services, and sub-contracts. Seeking a position offering personal and professional growth in the Purchasing career field utilizing over 7 years' experience.
Skills : Purchasing, Inventory Management, Negotiation, Microsoft Office, Database Management, Computer
- Obtaining requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders, verifying receipt of items and authorizing payment.
- Managing accounts for 117 warehouses for in excess of 30 vendors and more from the headquarters.
- Verifying purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list, clarifying unclear items and recommending alternatives.
- Forwarding available inventory items by verifying stock, scheduling delivery.
- Preparing purchase orders by verifying specifications and price, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items, obtaining approval from the requisitioning department.
- Obtaining purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers, monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifying receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered, resolving shipments in error with suppliers.
- Providing purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplished the purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Buyer/Purchasing Agent Resume
Summary : A respected, team-oriented Buyer/Purchasing Agent who is able to set clear goals, effectively communicate objectives to team members, and prioritize effectively to accomplish goals under pressure. Seeking a position that will offer a challenge as well as a reward. A team environment, all working toward a common goal. To find an employee-oriented company, that is goal oriented both for its employees as well as company goals and objectives.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite Including Word, Excel, And Power Poing, Dun & Bradstreet, SAP, Fourth Shift, And Navision Purchasing Systems, JDE, Customer Service
- Assisting with the timely and cost-efficient purchase and delivery of all vendor goods including food and beverage products.
- Reviewing all proposed and received orders to ensure vendor compliance and recommend vendor changes when necessary.
- Ensuring that all purchase requests have been approved in accordance with authorized approval levels.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders to comply with established purchasing procedures and maintain appropriate files.
- Ensuring that all purchase terms and discounts are adhered to using Stratton Warren system.
- Working with vendors to ensure the quality of goods purchased meets the company's standards.
- Effectively presenting information in one-on-one and large group situations.
- Working closely with all departments to ensure all their goals are being met with the products and services needed at specific times.
Bachelor Of Science
Purchasing Agent Resume
Summary : Purchasing Agent/Senior Buyer with over 8 years experience in purchasing materials and goods for hotels, schools, clubs, restaurants, banks, marinas, gas stations and corporate organizations. Purchased home goods such as appliances, electronics such as televisions, videos for diplomats and dignitaries and businesses of all types. Sourcing goods such as office furniture & supplies, plumbing, and electrical material, transformers, poles, marine supplies and generators, draperies & bedspreads, towels & linens, bedding, home & lawn furniture, automotive supplies, hardware, flooring -carpeting/tiles, restaurant equipment, and building supplies.
Skills : Buyer, Manage Inventory Turns, Improve Cash Flow Performance, Projects, Improve Product Quality,
- Performing a variety of highly responsible and complex administrative duties in support of the Purchasing Manager.
- Reviewing and sorting orders through navigator, daily scanning invoices to be entered into the navigator.
- Converting purchase requisitions into purchase orders and update pricing for items.
- Creating postage billing reports for finance, CEF, call and missions (monthly).
- Working with the office assistants and the printer form maintaining stock and supplies.
- Working with departments to better understand their needs and vendors for ordering and timelines.
- Responsible for the communication with vendors to relate our needs for future purchases, if needed to sort out any issues that may arise.
- Following up with accounts payable department to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Initiated letter of intents and supplier alliances for maximum discounts.