Purchasing Specialist Resume
Objective : Purchasing professional seeking a position with an organization to fully utilizing my procurement, process scheduling, organizational, and analytical skill-set. My SAP, Oracle, and GP experience, determination to learn and grow, along with my ability to multi-task and work independently will bring value to your organization.
Skills : Negotiation.
- Performed purchasing activities for equipment, material and services; including, but not limited to securing bids, implementing cost savings strategies, maintaining supplier relationship and performance management.
- Sourced and managed orders through to successful completion, for operations, maintenance and capital projects; managed all sourcing activities for major maintenance and plant turnarounds.
- Identified significant cost savings opportunities to attain yearly cost reduction targets.
- Corresponded with and/or interviewed approved suppliers, negotiated for best prices, specifications and delivery.
- Conducted and evaluated bid process, ensuring quality goods and services delivery to avoid disruptions to Plant operations.
- Analyzed and evaluated quotes to determine vendor selection; maintained quotations for audits and future reference.
- Developed and maintained supplier relationships on an on-going basis.
- Tracked and evaluated supplier performance.
MBA In Business Management
Purchasing Specialist II Resume
Objective : Procure military and commercial hardware, components, assemblies, equipment and engineering services while supporting various Department of Defense (DoD) contracts as part of procurement team at Alion Science and Technology. - Engaged suppliers and internal stakeholders in subcontract administration to support commercial space satellite programs at Orbital ATK. - Actively supported production planning and buying, and engineering requirements for various electrical commodities while supporting DoD contracts at Generaynamics Land Systems.
Skills : Oracle ERP, Deltek Costpoint 7.
- Heavy emphasis in production planning and procurement of electrical commodities in support of DoD programs.
- Actively assisted multiple engineering projects with the timely procurement of various electrical parts.
- Efficiently purchased build-to-print hardware and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) items per company terms and conditions and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Managed the procurement administration of hardware and assemblies from cradle-to-grave to support engineering services, repair orders and manufacturing build schedules while utilizing Oracle ERP software application.
- Prepared and maintained compliant CPSR files.
- Participated in supplier negotiations, completed price and cost analyses and pursued best value while responsible for the procurement of electrical commodities.
- Leveraged the Internet, Dun & Bradstreet and Haystack procurement software for market research.
- Daily usage of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
Master Of Business Administration
Senior Purchasing Specialist Resume
Objective : To obtain a senior HR role at an organization in which I will be able to offer versatile office management skills and strategic planning, while also managing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines without compromising quality.
Skills : Collective Bargaining, Leadership Development, Manufacturing, Executive Support.
- Created, organized and completed spreadsheets containing order information, sales data and shipment tracking info.
- Assisted purchasing department with pricing and lead time verification to order entry and vendor communications.
- Managed the Marmo Parts and Service office, a sub-company housed within Exotic's corporate warehouse and offices.
- Managed of staff schedules, orders, and accounts (customers and suppliers).
- Trained the VP of sales and all other employees on the Prelude order/inventory system.
- Accounting functions, including accounts receivables and payables.
- Inventory control and purchasing of stock/ non-stock inventory.
- Created and organized a new division-wide order follow-up system for the sales department.
Purchasing Specialist III Resume
Summary : 15+ years of administrative support experience Advanced Microsoft Office Skills Keyboarding, Scheduling and Calendar Management Office Management and Supervision Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills : Excel, Purchasing.
- Conducts the purchasing function for Health Care Excel and subsidiaries.
- Coordinates purchases made by other designees.
- Prepare minority and women-owned reports, as well as subcontracting reports, as specified in each government contract and monitors progress toward goals and requirements.
- Responsible for inventory and documentation on all government property, company property, maintenance and repair of property, and coordinates the acquisition of rented equipment and other property.
- Responsible for the documentation of all telephone lines.
- Maintain and update procedures related to position tasks and perform duties of the Administrative Assistant, as needed.
- Recovered over $59,000 in overbilled charges from vendors.
Bachelor Of Science
Project Purchasing Specialist Resume
Headline : Performance-driven Purchasing Specialist with strong analytical, written and communication skills. Rapidly acquires and applies new knowledge and skills, and is able to focus on producing quantifiable results. Possess outstanding problem-solving skills; is organized, efficient, with the ability to work with and assist groups, as well as instruct others. Strong inter-personal skills; is also dependable, hardworking, and is a multi-tasked team player.
Skills : Procurement, Coaching, Office Management, Office Administration.
- Negotiate with vendors and supplies to meet companies standards of quality, delivery, and cost.
- Manage purchasing items for plant operators and other services.
- Implemented direct purchase agreements with new supplies.
- Complete special projects, task, and budget accounts for CEO.
- Research, prioritize and follow up on multiple national and international requests.
- Write formal correspondences on behalf of president.
- Assist with the execution of special events by creating, managing budget, and drafting Points, ROS.
Bachelor Of Science
Purchasing Specialist Lead Resume
Objective : To actively track and ensure profitability for the company and to satisfy the customer by understanding their expectations and exceeding them.
Skills : Strong Communication, Organizational And Follow Up Skills.
- Responsible for managing component suppliers and pursuing cost savings for the company.
- Focus on reducing cost in the supply-base by working with and establishing good relationships (yearly cost reductions, engineering changes, material changes).
- Reducing cost at the manufacturing facilities by working with plant personnel (resistor in igniter).
- Work with sales department to determine acceptable bill of materials to make for profitable programs.
- Assist with logistical support at the plant level (materials department) Manage supplier open issues on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Manage supplier performance on a monthly basis for quality, delivery, cost.
- Work with the team to come up with cost reduction ideas and perform return on investment calculations.
Bachelor Of Science
Purchasing Specialist Head Resume
Headline : Motivated employee seeking a higher level of responsibilities, with a strong dedication to maintaining an efficient and impactful position. I have excellent multi-tasking skills and am a fast learner.
Skills : Strong communication, organizational and follow up skills. Paying attention to details, Punctuality, time management, anticipating cost saving opportunities and manage by using open issues list.
- Purchase office supplies for over 300 different clinics & the corporate headquarters.
- Coding purchase orders to reflect purchases.
- Assisted with implementing 3rd party e-Requester software to reduce manual purchase order work and increase productivity.
- Purchase coding books, labor law posters, magazines, name tags, furniture, & Lab coats, as well as IT equipment.
- Helped open an online ordering system for lab coats and logo items launched and functioning properly.
- Special order searches and purchases for anything not covered during my regular daily duties.
- Meeting with vendors to negotiate pricing and review quarterly spends and potential areas for savings solutions.
Purchasing Specialist/Analyst Resume
Headline : Obtain a position and partner with a world class organization utilizing my years of experience providing excellent customer relations as well as promoting the company's brand.
Skills : MS Office, Autocad, Pro/E, Language- Chinese, Sales Management.
- Worked directly Purchasing Manager and the office of the President.
- Received, reviewed and processed Purchase Orders and service requests from various departments throughout organization ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Reconciled P.O.'s against invoice providing detailed reports to Purchasing Manager and Accounting.
- Maintained alldepartmental procurement, inventory and service records Ensured on time scheduling and delivery of purchased items from local and national suppliers.
- Authorized to issue purchase orders up to 2500.00 before management approval.
- Evaluated and sourced new suppliers to meet company demands and providing best support at lowest cost.
- Developed and implemented company warehouse with new inventory document control systems reducing cost in time and manpower.
- Assumed duties as Purchasing Manager when requested and as needed.
Purchasing Specialist/Associate Resume
Objective : Driven, passionate, three time Olympian with a zealous attitude to succeed and learn, adept at establishing a shared sense of purpose. Self-motivated and diligent, embraces new experiences and challenges. I possess a wide array of skills, with a background in high school, collegiate and professional athletic training. My administrative skills are in office management and procurement.
Skills : Microsoft Office, SAP, Peoplesoft, Salesforce.Com.
- Development of sourcing strategies which result in global supply base optimization.
- Supplier selection which focuses on quality and a sustainable cost structure.
- Cost reduction through competitive benchmarking of detailed cost elements.
- Analysis of design driven cost variances through project development life-cycle.
- Determination of a competitive, reasonable base part price resulting in purchase order.
- Establishment of cost standards to reach a consistent, efficient approach to pricing.
- Annual price negotiations based on each supplier's manufacturing/service improvements.
- Embedding strict quality metrics in sourcing decisions to maintain industry leadership.
B.B.A. In Accounting
Inventory And Purchasing Specialist Resume
Summary : Dedicated administrative professional possessing nine years of progressive experience in a business environment which includes a combination of Administrative support, Office Management and Procurement. Highly organized with the ability to quickly prioritize rapidly changing assignments and manage multiple projects to successful resolution. Thrives in a fast-paced environment with proven experience and high energy.
Skills : Lawson, Citrix, Kronos, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Processed purchase orders utilizing QuickBooks and ReQlogic procurement application.
- Procurement of IT Hardware, Software and Peripherals.
- Reviewed purchase requests and placed orders with approved suppliers.
- Prepared monthly purchase order and cost savings reports for Controller.
- Managed relationship with large outside vendor; coordinated quarterly meetings; logged customer complaints, communicated with rep regarding any issues/concerns company had with service.
- Supported Contracts & Commodity Manager with RFP's: sent out template for potential suppliers, collected proposals and presented to team, communicated with vendors regarding demos, set up demos.
- Assisted Contracts & Commodity Manager with administrative functions as needed.
Bachelor Of Arts In Sociology
Purchasing Specialist Resume
Objective : Motivated, detail-oriented, efficient, and accurate professional offering a strong work ethic with an innate drive to provide exceptional service.
Skills : Sourcing, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Supplier Management, Management, Negotiation, Customer Service.
- Create purchase orders and send to vendors.
- Maintain a positive relationship with vendors.
- Assist with daily processing of all parts entering the facility.
- Follow-up on items past the confirmed due date.
- Gain knowledge of the inventory to assist in the quoting process of other vendors.
- Keep updated records to ensure all parts ordered are received within timely manner.
- Create shortage reports for the management staff.