School Nurse Resume
Summary : I began my nursing career in 1991 at Sioux Valley Hospital. working in Cardiology, Neurlogy, Neuro Acute care, as well as pre and post op Orthopedic unit. I have also worked on a Medical and and Surgical units as well for six years. I also worked in a Urology Clinic in Pierre, and am currently employed by the Mitchell School District.I am interested in a full time or part time nursing possition where I can have direct patient care and the ability to apply my nursing experience on a daily basis.
Skills : CPR, American Heart Association; expired 7/14/2011.
- Oversee implementation of health management and education program at elementary school level.
- Perform vision, hearing, scoliosis, acanthosis and pediculosis screenings; manage regular medication administrations and as-needed patient care.
- Assist counselors in classroom health lessons and deliver comprehensive health education program promoting social and physical hygiene.
- Monitor health of medically fragile and handicapped students.
- Serve as liaison to parents and community.
- Refer to outside health facilities and report to Child Protective Services as needed.
- Promoted nutrition, basic hygiene and physical fitness to students through establishment of after-school health club introducing health concepts through games, activities and experiments.
- Identified and referred students with potential health problems to appropriate counseling and medical care resources.
Associate Of Science
Head School Nurse Resume
Headline : Experienced conducting UAS-NY community assessments (Role 45) PRI/Screen Certification Ability to navigate the DOH UAS health care system Master of Science in Counseling with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and more than 15 years of nursing experience Experience building relationships and coordinating services with community agencies Innovative self-starter, experienced in succeeding with limited resources.
Skills : CPR, Computer skills, EMR, Certified Pediatric Nurse.
- Administered care for both sick students and staff.
- Documented accordingly using both written and computer entries.
- Presented Blood-Borne Pathogens education to staff annually.
- Made calls and sent letters home regarding daily/excessive absences.
- Provided quarterly and annual attendance reports for supervisor.
- Communicated with outside agencies regarding student well-being.
- Established student rapport to discover any issues or difficulties that they were having in school needing to be addressed.
- Shared these student concerns with school social worker.
Associate's Degree In Human Services
Certified School Nurse Teacher Resume
Summary : A progressively responsible position in the health care field which requires the education and experience of a registered nurse to develop patient care protocols with emphasis on prevention and education.
Skills : organized, detail oriented, team player but functions well independently, efficient/time management skills, adaptable, Patient Care, patient education.
- Responsible for the health, wellness and safety of 600 elementary school children and 100 staff.
- Educated staff and parents on diabetes, heart disease, obesity, anaphylaxis, asthma, hypertension, epilepsy and other health topics.
- Promoted healthy eating habits, weight management and appropriate hygiene.
- Instructed staff and parents on communicable disease prevention.
- Prepared and initiated Individual Health Care Plans for students with diabetes and other medical problems.
- Delivered a complete scope of RN services and first aid throughout the school day to students and staff Managed and organized the school health clinic.
- Administered diabetic care and education to children with diabetes.
- Administered medications including insulin via pumps, pens and injection.
School Nurse/Case Manager Resume
Summary : Medical home health care professional offering exceptional experience and knowledge in the areas of: Female Health and Physician/Surgical Assistance Emergency Care OB/GYN Care and Prosthetics and Triage Government Programs Patient Education, Assessment, Laboratory Testing and Managed Care and Supervision and Diagnosis Quality and Safety Personnel Management and Electronic Medical Assurance Administration Records (EMR).
Skills : Management.
- Patient Care and Case Management Supervised home-based healthcare, managing all aspects of patient and family instruction, initiating contact with community resources to determine availability for assistance.
- Coordinated and collaborated ongoing medical care with multiple relatives, caregivers, and other staff members of the patient's clinical team.
- Evaluated and assessed individuals to determine elevated risk status, including the potential danger to self and/or society.
- Developed process to effectively streamline patient transition from in-home treatment care to community-based healthcare services.
- Performed routine patient health assessments and yearly physicals in support of medical practitioner's overall evaluation.
- RN in Labor and Delivery, EKG's, laboratory testing, prescription medications, immunization schedules, Mastectomy fittings, and triaged emergent care.
- Assisted accident victims in the recovery process, focusing their efforts on regaining their mobility and positively encouraging their personal independence.
- Clinical and Support Staff Supervision Medical charge nurse and clinical staff supervisor providing modern and progressive nursing and emergent care as needed.
Diploma In Registered Nursing
Substitute School Nurse Resume
Objective : Versatile nursing experience: 22+ years Registered Nurse; 13 years Public Health Nurse Skilled in educating individuals and families on imminent health issues and how to navigate the health care system. Assistant to the Immunization Action Program manager in Arlington, Virginia. Charge nurse in immunization clinics when coordinator is not available. Expert in community outreach regarding health promotion, prevention activities and life skills.
Skills : Organized, Attention To Detail.
- Edited content, managed four editors, and provided usability feedback for Web site development projects that showcased the company's business-to-business wireless services.
- Provided health care services to students and staff on a daily bases.
- Planned school health program in cooperation with medical authority and administrative school personnel.
- Participated in medical examinations and reviewed findings in order to evaluate health status of pupils and progress of program.
- Established nursing policies to meet emergencies.
- Administered immunizations, provided first-aid and maintained health records of students.
- Counseled students in good health habits for example healthy eating and exercise.
- Purchased supplies and equipment, maintaining effective inventory control.
B.S In Nursing
RN - School Nurse Resume
Headline : Employment Objectives: Obtain casual/PRN RN position that has direct involvement with clinical care and Patient education. Skill Highlights Leadership experience gained as Wellness RN which involved Health Coaching and taking a team lead role. Culturally sensitive. Impatient and outpatient care experience. Enthusiastic caregiver. Team experience. Have led presentations and meetings. Broad range of experience with medication administration. Patient advocate.
Skills : Spanish Speaking, Strong Analytical Skills, Experienced Working Diverse And Multicultural Community Nd MulticuturalCommunity, Proeficient In EMR.
- Provide direct care to students, including managing acute illnesses and injuries, managing medication administration and medical procedures, and caring for students with special and chronic health care needs.
- Providing school health leadership including assisting with the development of emergency plans, and documenting confidential student health information.
- Performing screening and referral for health conditions, including hearing, vision, and other assessments as needed.
- Monitoring of immunizations, communicable disease surveillance and exclusion, and monitoring the safety of the school environment.
- Promoting wellness through health education and participation in school health and safety committees, school support teams, child study and special education evaluation meetings.
- Developing and evaluating school health policies.
- Serving as a liaison between schools, family, health care providers and other community resources.
Bachelor Of Science In Nursing
School Nurse Assistant Resume
Objective : Accomplished and energetic RN with a solid history of achievement in Nursing. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritzation abilities. Areas of expertise include Peadiatric and Psychiatric nursing. Seasoned RN wioth more than 15 years of experience in fast-paced nursing. Excellent skills. Track record of achieving exceptional results in individual and family therapy and have been awarded an award for family therapy.
Skills : BLS instructor.
- Monitor record and report symptoms or changes in patient's conditions.
- Maintain accurate detailed reports and records.
- Record patient's medical information and vital signs.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patient's reponses and conditions.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess plan implement or evaluate patient care plans.
- Instruct individuals families or other groups on topics such as health education desease prevention or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Assess the needs of individual's families or communities including assessment of individuals home or work environments to identify potential health or safety problems.
- Provide health care first aid immunizations or assistance in convalescence or rehabilitation in locations such as schools hospitals or inductry.
Associates In Applied Science In Nursing
School Nurse/Home Health Resume
Objective : Currently employed as a staff nurse at an LTAC hospital 10+ years of experience in pediatrics. 6 years in pediatric home health, and 4 years experience as a school nurse in a private school setting for autistic and emotional support children. I am very compassionate and genuinely enjoy working with children and adults that are in need of my care. Prior to that, I worked in nursing homes as a medication and a treatment nurse.
Skills : professional, good work ethic, fast learner.
- Performed all tasks with a patient-centered focus while seeking opportunities for improvement of processes and treatments.
- Provided necessary health education training for students and families as needed.
- Provided behavioral/emotional support and supervision for students with autism and other behavior issues Performed vision and hearing screenings.
- Documented height and weight of students and calculated their BMI.
- Provided first aid when needed, and administered daily physician ordered medications as well as prn medications.
- Became a First Aid/CPR/AED instructor to provide school staff instruction of same to achieve certification in April of 2011.
- Provided training and inservice on blood borne pathogens, psychotropic medication and their side effects as well as why the medications are being administered.
Vocational In Licensed Practical Nurse
School Nurse/Nurse Assistant Resume
Summary : Registered Nurse with 1-1/2 years experience in geriatric care in a home setting. Licensed Practical Nurse with over 20 years experience in home health care, palliative care, medication nurse, and camp nursing. LPN-RN Gastric By-Pass Counselor with 7 years solid experience. Specializing in pre-surgical and post surgical counseling, client compliance and maintenance of weight loss.
Skills : Registered Nurse.
- Provides preventive health services to facilitate the student's physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development.
- Support the education process by working to assure the health needs of the students.
- Develops and implements a student's health plan.
- Maintains, evaluates and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students.
- Plans and implements school health management protocols.
- Develops procedures and provides for emergency nursing management for injuries/illnesses.
- Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases.
A.A.S In Nursing
Licensed Practical Nurse (School Nurse) Resume
Objective : Registered Nurse with 1-1/2 years experience in geriatric care in a home setting. Licensed Practical Nurse with over 20 years experience in home health care, palliative care, medication nurse, and camp nursing. LPN-RN Gastric By-Pass Counselor with 7 years solid experience. Specializing in pre-surgical and post surgical counseling, client compliance and maintenance of weight loss.
Skills : CPR / First Aid Instructor for American Heart Association.
- Delivered high-quality and compassionate assistance to low-income families and their children within 3 classrooms of students at two different locations.
- Interviewed parents and students to obtain baseline medical information.
- Developed and implemented a unique vision and hearing screening protocol while following federal required guidelines.
- Assessed and measured children's vital signs, including weight and height twice yearly to register the growth process compared to federal standards.
- Completed daily health check, including communicable disease screening.
- Communicated efficiently with parents, health care providers and staff to coordinate needed service and products while intervening when the care deviates from the anticipated path of progression.
- Provided parents and children monthly health education based on a team approach that included teachers, home-based counselors, and nutritionist.
- Ensured complete privacy and maintained strict HIPAA compliance.
A.A.S. In Nursing
School Nurse/Case Management Resume
Objective : Confident professional with 21 years of extensive experience in various industries and office settings including 14 years of business ownership and 7 years in nursing. Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills along with the ability to deliver exceptional customer service to clients. Self-starter and goal-focused.
Skills : Excel, Powerpoint, Acrobat, Account Management, Business Development, Customer Service, Data Analysis, Employee Relations, Office Management, Training, Typing, Word, Nursing.
- Successfully improved student attendance in the classroom through consistent and effective student medical care and staff training.
- Developed grade level health education programs to help increase students interest in learning.
- Modified the healthcare education curriculum for special-needs students based upon a variety of instructional techniques and technologies.
- Conducted team collaborated, mandated health screenings, physicals and assessments in 25 elementary schools with over 7,000 students and ensured external follow-up where required.
- Counseled and educated staff on health issues and wellness.
- Managed student and staff care while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Consistently complied with applicable regulations and ensured school staff adhered to state health regulations.
Associate's Degree In Nursing
School Nurse Resume
Headline : Registered Nurse for 32 years, Poses extensive experience; school health, geriatric long-term care and maternal child health care. Tenacious and motivated individual who consistently gives 100% to meet and/or exceed established goals and achieve objectives. Personable; display a consistent professional demeanor. Effective communication and inter personal skills with staff and client relations. Adapt quickly and easily to new career demands.
Skills : Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Shared responsibility with another colleague for the care of approximately 1500 high school students.
- Triaged students, assessed health care needs and provided direct care or directed student to a more appropriate level of care.
- Seen students with sexually transmitted diseases, fractures, migraines, fevers and sports related injuries.
- Monitored blood pressures, blood sugars, and nutrition for select students.
- Assisted special education classrooms as needed with gastrostomy tube feeds and seizures.
- Educated students or pertinent topics such as: pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, newborn care, wound care, proper use of medications and various other subjects.
- Exercised my mandated reporting role for abuse.
- Trained in recognizing and evaluating drugs in the academic environment.