Senior Business Analyst Resume
Summary : Experience in doing Data Analysis and SQL queries. Skilled in interviewing Business users, customers and providing recommendations to resolve issues for various business/technical groups & defining strategic solutions to business problems in a multiple projects environment.
Skills : Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Endevor, Defect Tracking: HP ALM, HP Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest
- Providing complex analytical support through the analysis and interpretation of data in support of cross-functional business operations.
- Developing annual operating plans, capital budgets, and forecasts, and build business cases for new business initiatives (cost/benefit analysis).
- Developing, preparing and analyzing reports with complex analysis and data for management review, and presenting to various levels of management.
- Defining business requirements and provides analysis to increase operational efficiency.
- Analyzing actual results against plan and forecast and recommending interventions where appropriate.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in operational performance and notifying management of issues and problems requiring immediate attention.
- Working cross-functionally in analyzing, designing, and developing business solutions.
- Providing analytical support for multiple, complex cross-functional projects simultaneously, establishing work plans and timelines.
- Played the role of facilitator as well as a scribe during different JAD sessions.
Bachelor Of Technology
Senior Business Analyst/Team Lead Resume
Objective : A result-oriented Senior Business Analyst/Team Lead having experience and extensive knowledge across the project life cycle in Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall, Lean, Joint Application Development and an emphasis on Agile in the fields of Insurance, Banking, Healthcare, and Financial.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Requirements Gathering, Gap Analysis, Project Management, Documentation, UAT, JIRA, Agile, Waterfall
- Received IT tickets via heat software, determined if the issue was a current product defect or a maintenance request of past releases, escalated as needed.
- Assessed customers' current capabilities and needs to identify potential cots (commercial off the shelf) products as solutions.
- Worked with technical teams to determine and justify a solution approach that maximizes customer value through improvements to workflow, production, efficiency and/or effectiveness
- Provided technical and non-technical assistance to the PMO (Project Management) to develop project documentation.
- Worked with the technical development team to ensure that requirements are effectively implemented.
- Worked with project/business stakeholders and/or users to facilitate user acceptance testing.
- Worked with customer contacts after solution delivery to understand ongoing needs and issues along with associated business drivers, and assist in triaging within OIT (Office of Technology) to engage resources to provide the appropriate response/resolution.
- Lead the development team through the working phase of the project by researching and answering questions about the defined work, identified bugs and assisting in technical roadblocks -escalating as defined in the project's technical escalation process.
- Created and maintained the testing plan for the project following an iterative development methodology.
Bachelors of Science
Senior Business Analyst/Reporting Manager Resume
Summary : Senior Business Analyst/Reporting Manager with experience in requirement elicitation (User Stories, JAD sessions, Brainstorming, Interviews) improved product understanding and reduced development time. Commanding skills in developing Business Requirements (BRD), functional requirement specifications (FRS), Test planning proved valuable for clients. Expertise in analysis methods (UML Activity Diagramming, Use Cases, Data Flow, Entity-Relationship (ER) diagramming) streamlined business process. Knowledgeable in the analysis of project risks, issues and system capabilities for change management.
Skills : Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint) Database SQL Server, Oracle 9i Modeling Tool Microsoft Visio, UML, IRise Programming Languages Java, J2EE, HTML, VB Script
- Implemented a SAAS based Oracle CRM on-demand call-center solution integrated with Avaya CTI plug-in for dynamic screen pop-ups for stored contacts and custom object imported to CRM.
- Obtained business requirements in the form of user stories from users and stakeholders using JAD sessions, brainstorming sessions, focus groups and personal interviews to get a better understanding of the client's business process.
- Performed GAP analysis of the existing system and presented the product strategy.
- Coordinated with CTI vendor in developing an integration strategy between Oracle CRM on-demand and computer telephony application.
- Worked with the data management team to design a java-based custom component to perform a periodic data import from the contact database to Oracle CRM on demand through web services.
- Created UML activity diagrams to depict business processes (as-is and to-be) and analyzed them for their efficiency and productivity.
- Authored business requirements Documents, System Requirement Specification (SRS), System Design Specifications (SDS).
- Involved in data modeling for the application and created an ER diagram using Erwin.
- Involved in loading the call center files (contacts, cases) flat files into the CRMOD from external databases.
Masters of Science
Senior Business Analyst I Resume
Summary : Senior Business Analyst I with extensive experience in software development lifecycle includes requirements gathering, requirements modeling, project management and business process re-engineering in diverse industries.
Skills : Business Modeling UML, UML Case Tools, Rational Rose. MS Visio Requirement Management Telelogic DOORS, Rational RequisitePro, MS-SQL Server, MS Access
- Worked with Project Managers, Senior Management, Experienced Traders and Other Stakeholders to define project scope, plan, and requirements.
- Conducted detailed and comprehensive business analysis by working with other BAs, IT developers, traders, financial analysts, and end-users, in order to identify system and operational requirements and improvements.
- Maintained a close and strong working relationship with Teammates, Developers, Testers and Management staff by conducted regular one-to-one sessions and group meetings.
- Collecting and gathering requirements to contribute to the risk/return analysis, and portfolio optimization and diversification.
- Assisted client in the development of business requirements, including identification of opportunities for improvement and optimization of business processes.
- Used Requisite pro to document requirements, associated change requests with requirements and connected requirements with use cases.
- Conducted GAP analysis during the review of the compliance items for improved future audits.
- Analyzed and documented business requirements, functional requirement and business process models for better understanding of the business process.
- Create the business process model using Microsoft Visio and present it to the SME for validation and getting the sign-offs.
Bachelor Of Arts
Business Analyst/Business System Analyst Resume
Objective : Over 4 years of extensive experience as a Business Analyst/ Business System Analyst, in Insurance and Health Care, using IT Business Analytics, Modeling expertise, and SDLC. Good knowledge of Business Analysis methodologies and Iterative Software Development Lifecycle using RUP. Thorough knowledge of implementing RUP in all four phases of a project. Interviewed SME's and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
Skills : Business Modeling Tools MS Visio, Business Process Visual Architect 10.0 Project Management MS Project, Microsoft Office Suite, And MS Share Point. Management Tools MS Office, JIRA
- Interviewed SMEs and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Created use case scenarios and documented workflow and business process using MS Visio.
- Gathered and documented business requirements for existing and future business systems.
- Analyzed and tested various common eligibility outbound interface process and other inbound/ outbound facets interfaces.
- Acted as a liaison between business staff and technical staff to articulate needs, issues, and concerns.
- Defined functional test cases, documented and executed manually using the quality center.
- Analyzed trading partner specifications and created EDI mapping guidelines.
- Responsible for data manipulation and data validation using SQL queries in a MS SQL server.
- Helped with building ICD 9 to ICD 10 crosswalk map by grouping thousands of codes and ranges in clinical, benefits, financial, medical policy waves.
Masters of Science
Senior Business Analyst/Functional Analyst Resume
Summary : 7 plus years of experience in the capital market as a Senior Business Analyst/Functional Analyst worked in the capacity of a business analyst and consultant. Highly skilled in portfolio management, asset allocation and classification, investment performance attribution and risk management. Extensive working knowledge and understanding of wealth management business including asset classes such as equity, fixed income and alternatives (traded & nontraded). Proficient in business analysis, process mapping, requirement elicitation, data/model validation, and testing.
Skills : Advanced XML, SQL, UML, MS-Excel, PowerPoint, MS-Visio, SPSS, And Bloomberg, On RDBMS-ERD Modeling, ETL Data Mapping, VBA For Excel
- Directly supporting the team in ensuring what we build solves the business problem and delivers the ROI identified by interacting with customers and stakeholders throughout the planning, development and delivery process.
- Translating prioritized initiatives into detailed feature plans to deliver a product that is stable in production and satisfying scalability, reliability, performance, and business goals.
- Working with the team to identify personas and define use cases, epics, user workflows, detailed requirements, and user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Building and maintaining product/platform expertise. specifically, in how the client uses the product and its features.
- Building and maintaining relationships with cross-functional internal teams and external customers to understand user needs, translating findings to actionable feature planning artifacts, and prioritizing the feature/defect backlog.
- Understanding the competitive landscape and defining how a feature compares/relates to other solutions in the market.
- Collaborating with UX to design mockups, prototypes, and user studies.
- Working with architects to define technically optimal product features, working directly with development teams on feature-related projects by participating in release planning and scrum activities to explain the business value and drive consensus in how we solve the business problem.
Masters of Business Administration
Senior Business Analyst/Transition Manager Resume
Objective : Over 4 years of experience as Senior Business Analyst/Transition Manager and IT Infrastructure management with a good understanding of SDLC methodologies especially Agile-Scrum and Waterfall with proficiency in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, and requirement gathering sessions with business users, and development teams. Strong Analytical skills to understand the Business process, functionality and requirements and to translate them into system requirements. Managed the release design and deployment within schedule/budget Experienced in writing user manuals/help documents.
Skills : Team Building/leadership, Process Documentation, Strong Analytical, Project Management, Technical/Business Analysis, Product/Pricing Updates, Inventory Reporting, Technical Support
- Facilitated JAD sessions to embrace a problem's dimensions, possible causes, requirements, to propose alternative solutions and to reach a decision.
- Prepared Business Requirements Documentation (BRD), Functional Specifications Documentation (FSD) followed the UML based methods by using MS Visio to create use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and collaboration diagrams.
- Performed data analysis and data validation by writing SQL queries against the database.
- Coordinated work plan between the Project Manager and Client with MS Project, implemented and managed migration process & developer fixes, retested fixes, scheduled and tracked progress for team members of the project through completion.
- Organized meetings with the development teams to elicit use cases and document them.
- Interfaced with the client as part of the requirements engineering team to finalize the project scope.
- Assisted the Project Manager to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet user requests and business needs.
- Responsible for data quality, data transformation through filtering, grouping, aggregation, and statistical calculation.
Bachelors of Science
Senior Business Analyst/Project Lead Resume
Headline : Senior Business Analyst/Project Lead with overall 6+ years of extensive experience in Business analysis in the Healthcare domain. Proficient in gathering business and technical requirements from both formal and informal sessions utilizing a variety of software tools including, use cases and RUP.
Skills : Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, Data Modeling, JAD/JRP Sessions Requirement Gathering, Customer Liaison, Requirement Extraction, And Documentation
- Worked as a liaison among diverse stakeholders to gather and document business, functional and non-functional requirements via individual interviews and group sessions.
- Assisted stakeholders and project leaders with negotiating and prioritizing requirements.
- Conducted business and/or functional gap analyses through a detailed understanding of the current and future business processes, and application systems.
- Participated in vendor identification and selection, including assessing and comparing various vendor solutions.
- Wrote clear, concise and unambiguous requirements using Microsoft Word templates, including the identification of risks, assumptions, and definitions.
- Ensured adherence to the legal and compliance requirements from various federal, state, local and healthcare governing agencies.
- Utilize diagrams as appropriate to communicate requirements such as process flows, context diagrams, system interface diagrams, data transformation, and field mapping, etc.
- Created simple user interface designs to communicate changes to existing systems.
Masters of Business Administration
Project Manager/Senior Business Analyst Resume
Headline : 5 years of Industry Experience as a Project Manager/Senior Business Analyst, in the project/service delivery in the public and private sectors with a proven track record of leading and implementing large, complex.
Skills : Business/Functional Requirements Gathering, Financial/Business Modeling, Financial/Management Reporting, User Acceptance Tests, Process Improvement/Change Management
- Establishing and maintaining rapport with both functional and technical staff with the purpose of coordinating analysis, design, and documentation as well as responding to business process issues and project prioritization requests.
- Recommending changes in workflows and practices to maximize effectiveness and efficiencies for the work unit.
- Assisting in the identification of gaps in business process documentation and analysis.
- Consulting on critical design decisions, reviewing various resources and preparing analyses or summaries.
- Identifying and documenting the design, development and/or implementation of non-functional requirements of built and/or purchased information systems.
- Responsible for analyzing the interactions among multiple applications.
- Presenting automation needs and requirements to facilitate the building and/or implementation of automated solutions.
- Responsible for interpreting and presenting both business process and technical details to functional experts and developers in a way that is meaningful to each audience.
Bachelors of Science
Senior Business Analyst (Contract) Resume
Summary : Senior Business Analyst with extensive experience managing highly complex projects across multiple business units. A key change agent and proficient in POS Systems, Salesforce, Sharepoint and SQL. Collaborate well within all organizational levels to ensure that information is distributed accurately and timely for bottom-line executive decisions. To utilize my years of experience in project planning, cost analysis, hardware/software consulting, software design, development, testing, supervising personnel, and support to assist all levels of management in completing their list of projects and strategies in a timely and professional matter.
Skills : Microsoft Office, RPG ILE, RPG FREE FORMAT, CLP, Leadership, Project Management, Personnel Management, Trainer, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Responsible for disaster recovery documentation, testing, and implementation in event of system disaster.
- Worked with upper/middle management on hardware and application software enhancements for future business growth.
- Assisted in training all levels of users including management, production, warehousing, shipping, and receiving.
- Responsible for heavy usage of SQL to retrieve data (using inner and outer joins) for analysis, reports, table maintenance, updates, record removal, inquiries, etc.
- Responsible for the document creation and maintenance for project scope specifications (management approval, programmer specifications, user utilization and training, etc. )
- Reviewed and edited requirements/specifications relating to business processes and recommend workable solutions.
- Ensured projects are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely/professional matter.
- Provided knowledge transfer for all systems and processes, trained others including technical and functional staff and end-users.
- Maintained documentation libraries, templates and ensured the appropriate access and use of documentation materials.
Bachelor Of Arts