Senior Safety Engineer Resume
Summary : Versatile Safety & Health Manager with 23 years of manufacturing experience. HIGHLIGHTS In-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations and compliance. Completed 8 EH&S certificate programs at Georgia Institute of Technology's OSHA Training Institute. Workman's compensation management and lost time reduction.
Skills : Organizing, Management Experience.
- Served as senior explosive engineer and explosive safety engineering subject matter expert for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control corporate division.
- Provided explosive engineering and explosive safety support for an explosive test lab and test range involved in the research and development and destructive/non-destructive testing of explosive compounds, devices and warheads.
- Provided explosive safety engineering support for the final assembly, test, integration, pack-out and shipping/receiving of multiple missile related components and programs.
- Certified in OHSAS 18001 Safety Management Systems, ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems and served as corporate safety auditor for explosive safety compliance audits, inspections, and self-assessments for multiple Lockheed Martin explosive related sites.
- Developed and managed command media and corporate functional procedures involving explosive safety issues.
- Implemented, managed and ensured compliance with all government and Lockheed Martin corporate safety requirements for multiple missile manufacturing programs on 3,900-acre facility.
- Managed and ensured explosive safety compliance in accordance with DOD 4145.26M.
- Developed, implemented and managed site and construction plans, hazard analyses, (FMEAs) failure modes and events analyses, risk assessments, risk mitigation plans, process safety management documents for missile and explosive hardware, facilities, support tooling, electronic test equipment, in the final missile assembly, integrated test, pack-out, storage and transportation operations/procedures for ten different missile programs.
Jr. Senior Safety Engineer Resume
Objective : To provide EHS support and business solutions for the development of safety cultures and to promote the recognition, evaluation and control of hazards that pose a health, safety and/or environmental risk to facility personnel or the community.
Skills : Safety Professional, Management.
- Responsible for Safety, Health and Environmental program reviews, plant safety support, Ergonomic program coordination and auditing/managing the Environmental Management Systems.
- Provided technical assistance to office and plant operations to ensure compliance with applicable international imported and exported chemicals.
- Managed compliance with Federal regulations, TSCA, RCRA, CERCLA, RMP, OSHA, NFPA, FDA, EPCRA and the EPA, as well as, State Hazardous Waste, and/or Company environmental, safety, and health regulations.
- Led and managed PSM elements and insure compliance for each element.
- Implemented and conducted compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory environmental, safety and health standards of the 3M Company and all applicable codes were followed.
- Administered both the Management of Change (MOC) and pre-safety start-up reviews and recommended facility specifications to carry out programs that fulfilled 3M's organizational objectives.
- Prepared and reviewed technical reports and procedures manuals.
Senior Safety Engineer/Analyst Resume
Objective : Strategic Planning/Tactical Execution Team-Building/Resource Allocation Regulatory Compliance/Audits Lean/Visual Management Strategy Deployment/Process Improvement Project Management Top-performer that excels at analyzing organizational SH&E requirements, identifying regulatory compliance strategies for developing and implementing cost effective SH&E policies and procedures.
Skills : Environment, Safety And Health, Management, Management Systems.
- Managed team responsible for safety and environmental compliance.
- Primarily responsible for the Microdevices Laboratory, in which extremely and acutely hazardous materials are utilized in an H-6 clean room environment.
- Provided oversight for research & development projects developing microelectronic, high temperature superconductor and micro-electrical-mechanical systems (MEMS) for DoD, DoE and NASA applications.
- Applied detailed system safety and process safety management (PSM) hazard analysis techniques in compliance with MIL STD 882D to all changes, additions, deletions or modifications to operations, process tools and the facilities, including Hazard and Operability Studies (HazOp), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Health Hazard Assessment (HHA).
- Performed facilities engineering, including DI water, process vacuum, HVAC, exhaust & pollution control systems, process cooling water, and process gas distribution systems.
- Administrated of industrial hygiene, medical surveillance, hearing and vision conservation programs.
- Coordinated permitting of process tools and pollution control technology with regulatory agencies (EPA, SCAQMD).
- Coordinated compliance with SARA, CERCLA, EPCRA, RCRA, and TSCA.
- Produced site-specific safety training videos on chemical safety, personal protective equipment, lock-out/tag-out, hazardous waste handling and chemical spill prevention and response.
Senior Safety Engineer I Resume
Objective : Develop, implement, manage and update a comprehensive environmental health and safety program. Cary out training, audits, and corrective actions. Monitor and report on key metrics and performance. Develop and achieve goal towards a reduction in incidents and environmental waste.
Skills : Microsorft Ofice, Fault Tree, Reliability.
- Performed software safety-critical assessments based on NASA standards.
- Prepared software safety plans or contributes to system safety plans, including software safety.
- Ensured that safety-critical software functions (Requirements) are tracked and that risks are reduced through valid controls to ensure safer software operation within a system.
- Ensured that software requirements specifications clearly identify the software safety requirements.
- Ensured bi-directional traceability between software safety requirements and system hazards, Using Doors which traces down to the software design, implementation, and verification method.
- Ensured that safety issues related to software are addressed in formal and informal reviews and that specific safety analyses and tests are identified and performed especially when there are specific software safety issues and potential hazards.
- Acted as a technical liaison between project system safety engineers and project software engineers and customer Interfaced with the testing organizations to ensure verification of hazard controls implemented by software meet the requisite safety requirements.
- Reviewed safety-critical software requirements for inclusion in project technical specifications.
Senior Safety Engineer II Resume
Headline : To secure a challenging Senior Safety Engineer position as a safety professional on projects with a company committed to safety of their employees and protection of the general public.
Skills : Safety Professional, Management.
- Provided diversified management, engineering, scientific, and technical services to federal, state, and commercial clients in the United States.
- Provided environmental safety and health support to DOE Pinellas Plant in Florida.
- Responsible for Technical support contract with DOE-EM Projects providing project management and program development at Oak Ridge sites.
- Managed a yearly budget of over-developed schedule, and participated in preparation of safety authorization basis documents compliant with 40CFR68, and DOE requirements at Pinellas Plant.
- Identified hazards associated with the manufacture of nuclear specialty components, assessed consequence severity, probability of those hazards in accident situations, and identified safety controls, operating controls and procedural controls to mitigate those hazards.
- Provided recommendations that involve administrative controls or engineered barriers that were developed or constructed that lead to the reduction of facility/operation risks.
- Evaluated facility/operations to ensure compliance with federal health and safety regulations.
- Developed and reviewed documents required by EPA environmental assessments, spill prevention and countermeasure plan, accidental discharge protectionslug control plan, Provided project management assessment and field oversight to the contractor performing deactivation/stabilization operations in the reactor and radiochemical laboratory facilities at ORNL.
Senior Safety Engineer III Resume
Summary : A dedicated Occupational Health & Safety professional with over nine years in the Wind/Solar Industry and Construction Safety experience; an expert at inspecting and evaluating workplace safety hazards and recommending and implementing safe workplace policies and procedures. Candidate possesses outstanding interpersonal, presentation, and training skills with proven ability to interact effectively with technicians and management at all levels.
Skills : EHS, Management.
- Worked collaboratively with diverse stakeholders and teams in electric, gas, office, and nuclear utility organizations to lead, facilitate, develop and implement work procedures, tailboards, training materials, and audits.
- Aligned with business partners to collect and analyze leading indicator safety and health data, develop corrective action plans, and identify best work practices to meet organizational needs.
- Organized, managed the development of and implemented PG&E's Low Voltage Safety Program by involving stakeholder groups, policy development, benchmarking of best management practices, pilot testing of PPE, and training development.
- Led for serious injuries and property damage involving gas and electric incidents, incident scene oversight, lead contact for OSHA and CPUC agencies, and author of detailed root cause analysis reports.
- Developed and conducted Root Cause Analysis Training for approximately 500 Supervisors and Managers in all lines of business.
- Responsible for the Industrial Ergonomics and Office Safety Programs were developed and implemented for the company.
- Scheduled included 24-hour on-call for serious incident response.
Senior Safety Engineer III Resume
Summary : Obtain a Senior Safety Engineer position to apply knowledge, skills, and expertise in company for the development of functions and responsibilities of the area involved.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Management.
- Interacted with internal and external partners to predict, identify, and resolve unsafe acts and conditions through appropriate assessments and interventions.
- Coordinated safety programs in conjunction with Corporate HSE goals and initiatives and site service level agreements.
- Served as a program owner for designated safety programs, procedures and training held at a divisional levels.
- Drove engagement of area management to improve safety conditions and behaviors, to eliminate hazards in the work environment, and to achieve world class safety excellence.
- Coordinated and trained in OSHA requirements to maintain the following programs; OSHA Record Keeping, Means of Egress, Stairs, Fall Protection, Open Flame, Confined Spaces, LOTO, Emergency Response, Contractor Safety, Compressed Gases, Material Handling, Line Breaking, Gas Monitors, Cranes, Machine Guarding, Investigations, Fire Safety and Electrical Safety.
- Led the Emergency Response and the Emergency Brigade team, coordinate and provide trainings to the emergency brigade to maintain the law requirements established by ensuring appropriate drills are conducted, and acting as an emergency officer when requested.
- Managed the investigations of all significant incidents to ensure the root causes are identified and corrected.
- Acted as the primary technical contact and resource for health and safety inspections and audits conducted by external regulatory agencies or Corporate HSE.
- Generated and analyzed site metrics and drive appropriate interventions.
Associate Senior Safety Engineer Resume
Headline : Over 20 years of Senior Safety Engineer experience in design and management of complex systems to include planning, advising, coordinating, monitoring and inspecting during development and operations for aerospace and aeronautical systems in support for NASA and U.S. Air Force programs and projects. Over 11 years of Safety and Mission Assurance (SMA) engineering experience which includes reviewing SMA policies and requirements, supporting design reviews and working with design teams during problem analysis and resolutions.
Skills : Management, Organizing.
- Reviews for scope of work, engineering drawings and specification packages for new facilities, ground support equipment, structural foundations including Shuttle Atlantis Display for compliance with OSHA, NASA Agency, KSC and national consensus safety standards.
- Responsible for Safety and technical reviews include environmental, civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire protection and fire alarm systems.
- Responsible for Subject Matter Expert for civil, architectural, structural, mechanical and fire protection systems.
- Responsible for Safety and technical review of contractor generated documentation such as system assurance analysis (hazard analysis and failure mode and effect analysis) and safety assessment reports for compliance with OSHA, NASA Agency, KSC, and national consensus safety standards.
- Responsible for Safety review NASA and Center plans, policies and directives to develop system safety requirements.
- Provides on-the-spot system engineering expertise to KSC Safety customers.
- Represents KSC Safety and Mission Assurance in program/project Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and facility/hardware/software acceptance reviews.
- Participates in development of safety engineering documents for KSC programs and processes.
- Reviews and evaluates new, existing and revised KSC hazard reports to ensure that correct technical engineering, reliability and risk assessment data are provided.
Senior Safety Engineer/Consultant Resume
Summary : Very diverse facility management experience that includes office buildings, distribution centers, and data centers. As the national contracts account manager for IBM service providers. Have extensive experience with business controls, internal and external audit, construction project management, budgeting, creation of service specifications, and the bid and award process.
Skills : Accident Reconstruction, Management.
- Extensively experienced in property/casualty insurance coverage to include Fire, Comprehensive General Liability, Workers Compensation, Auto Fleet, and other coverage.
- Conducted on-site inspections, identify hazards, generate written reports, make written recommendations, and assist with implementation of insurance carrier recommendations.
- Conducted post accident/injury investigations to determine root cause of the accident.
- Conducted compliance meetings with industry associates, insurance agencies, govt. regulators and safety suppliers/manufacturers.
- Audited insured accounts for compliance with State Department of Insurance certified safety program 38-I regulations.
- Improved pipeline safety and system reliability with a goal of zero safety incidents.
- Promoted a safety culture throughout all levels of the organization with an emphasis on improving learning from the past and anticipating the future.
- Apply integrity management principles on a system-wide basis while engaging our stakeholders from local communities we operate in, to our regulators so they can understand and participate in reducing our risk.
Senior Safety Engineer Resume
Summary : Advanced intellectual professional who, throughout several decades of progressive experience and exceptional accomplishments, in the field of Environmental Health and Safety, Transportation and Radioactivity, has achieved a peerless portfolio of numerous accomplishments in workplace education, training, loss prevention, published materials and regulatory compliance, each with tangible proof of positive achievements in improving workplace safety for targeted industries.
Skills : Safety Professional, Writer/educator.
- Established safety inspection program, implemented measures to reduce injuries from equipment operation, manual lifting and exposure to fuels and hazardous materials.
- Developed and implemented training program for junior engineers, accompanied each on their initial inspections, reviewed recommendations and assisted each with implementation.
- Reviewed company documents, made necessary updates prior to inspection, met with OSHA to reduce penalties Researched and developed five successful expert witness reports for tort liability cases Represented consortium of 20 northeast recycling companies in their bid for self-insurance.
- Worked included facility inspections, correction of deficiencies and representing the safety competence of companies to various insuring agencies.
- Conducted safety inspections, developed a report for corrective actions M
- Monitored such actions for 10 companies Professional Experience Consultant to Transportation Security Administration (TSA)tasked to improve the overall safety of TSA officers at airports with the highest injury rate.
- Supported the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the transmission and distribution pipeline systems through the proactive use of asset knowledge, threat identification and analytical tools to increase operational efficiency, improve system integrity and minimize safety risk to employees and the communities we operate in.