Software Project Manager Resume
Headline : Results-driven software and hardware engineering manager with expertise in product development, cross-functional leadership, strategy and execution. Acknowledged for solid judgment, problem solving, negotiations, clear communications, analytical and management skills.
- Led a team developing Java-based applications to help customers manage large and complex networks.
- Worked across organizations and geographies to deliver critical customer required functionality.
- Served as Scrum Master in a Scaled Agile organization improving processes significantly improving processes around test-driven development, simulations, and automated testing.
- Delivered multiple product releases on or ahead of schedule while dealing with cuts in the budget and changing requirements during the development cycle.
- Included working with customers to define requirements, product architecture, functional development, and testing.
- Led effort working cross organizationally to imbed networking configuration and monitoring functionality into another product.
- Implemented significantly improved automated testing and hardware simulation which eliminated the need to purchase $500k of hardware and reduced nightly test time by 50%.
- Received praise from an SVP in Enterprise group for our ability to deliver across organizations and exceed expectations for delivery schedule.
Sr. Software Project Manager Resume
Objective : Experienced, high-performing, results-driven, and exceptionally skilled professional with 16 years of extensive multi- national and multicultural experience in Engineering/ Technology Management and Product Development. Adept at managing projects and programs from initiation to closure for delivering high performance results that produces measurable immediate value to the Client and Company.
Skills : Agile, Telematics, Product Development, Automotive, Embedded Systems.
- Responsible for managing multiple telematics and connectivity projects of various scope and cost worth several million simultaneously from initiation through closure, acting as the primary point of contact for all project deliverables.
- Led multi-cultural simultaneous development teams located at various places to manage development activities such as the implementation of customer requirements, functional specifications, design review, develop test plans for automated product testing, and embedded software development for telematics & connectivity based products for OEM.
- Developed quote proposals for several new projects from ROM to estimates.
- Participated in several customer negotiations involving scope, cost, and timing.
- Managed multiple vendor teams and suppliers located onsite and offshore to accomplish project results.
- Created SSOW, reviewed status reports, conducted periodic meetings and inspected work products.
- Responsible for project quality objectives and making adjustments to improve project quality.
Master's In Engineering
Jr. Software Project Manager Resume
Summary : 15+ years of IT experience in systems development and integration, ETL, Business Intelligence, Management Reporting, Project Management, Business Analysis and IT Infrastructure. Proven leadership to increase efficiency, reduce TCO and building of cohesive teams that deliver expected results on time and within budgets.
Skills : Project Management Vendor, Contract Management Project.
- Developed and maintained a project plan for the RRFS Technology replacement project using MS Project.
- Established the project team composed of 2 Business Analysts, 3 Developers, 1 QA Analyst, and 1 DBA.
- Adopted both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum SDLC methodologies Prepared project budgets and presented it to the stakeholders Held weekly project status updates with the stakeholders, SMEs, and management.
- Designed User Story/Use Case template for documenting data gathered during SME interviews Created system specifications based on use cases and business rules.
- Reviewed database designs with developers and DBA prior to coding of stored procedures.
- Established Software Development process of a small development team.
- Implemented Software Change Control Established Quality Assurance process and documentation requirements.
Software Project Manager III Resume
Summary : Experienced proactive professional with the verbal skillset to effectively lead multiple complex teams through the software development life cycle(SDLC). More than 12 years industry experience as an IT professional specializing in many areas of software from Technical lead to requirements, design, delivery and support of application and past 4 years Project Management.
Skills : Android, Project Management, Testing.
- Experienced in all aspects of planning releases including creation and maintenance of Project Plan, scope planning, creating WBS, guiding estimation, schedule creation, cost estimation and budget creation, identifying risks, planning for skills and knowledge for each release, and planning communications and stakeholder involvement.
- Experienced supporting IRS IT projects translating IRS business rules and processes into requirements, often working with customers for technical input to refine functional requirements.
- Analyzed functional requirements and translate into design specifications and determine the best technical implementation approach; Actively monitor Risks/Issues for impact on RGS.
- Specialized experience in accomplishing complex assignments and leading/performing studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations including review, control, and monitor critical IT program deliverables.
- Demonstrated a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, both qualitative and quantitative, sufficient to accomplish projects or studies broad in scope and magnitude.
- Conducted briefings and prepare comprehensive reports to keep managers and executives advised of the program's plans and progress and to communicate findings and recommendations.
- Executed and controlled the project work through proactive risk identification, mitigation and issues management Provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs.
- Managed organizational changes throughout the organization directed, or major change to the structure and content of the program or program segments directed.
Software Project Manager II Resume
Summary : Software Project Manager and have succeeded in making awesome software products for many companies that customers want to use. Experience defining product roadmaps and requirements; building better user experiences, and delivering products on time and within budget.
Skills : Leadership, management of cross functional teams.
- Managed Electronic Buried Piping Degradation Evaluation Handbook Software project, which was recognized for a George Westinghouse Signature Award.
- Managed the Comprehensive Vibration Assessment Program (CVAP) Post Processing Data Analysis software project.
- Provided an initial acceptance of the Reactor Vessel Internals (RVI) responses.
- Responsible for SST Group and four Software Maintenance portfolios.
- Managed HP UX and Sun OS to Linux Migration Project which is a multi-year project encompassing over 800 codes.
- Managed Windows-7 Installation Test Project for SST which encompasses over 200 engineering codes, plus acted as site lead for 1142 EE&MP personnel and their transition to Windows 7 Operating System.
- Provided significant project guidance to a customer during the planning, development, and execution of a system acceptance test program for a newly installed automation system in their warehouse.
Software Project Manager I Resume
Summary : Accomplished Project/Development Manager with 14 years of progressive experience in designing and managing the development of first-to-market enterprise software solutions with a focus on enterprise mobility and product tracking. Proven ability to closely collaborate with customers to upgrade existing systems or introduce key industry improvements.
Skills : Software Development, Team Management, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Research.
- Responsible for Facilitating meetings for Backlog grooming, daily scrums, sprint planning, demo, and retrospective meetings.
- Collaborated with cross-functional global teams (Engineering, IT, Consumer/SMB business, Sales, Marketing, Risk, Credit, Shared support teams) to successfully deliver projects.
- Managed multiple projects and programs across global teams (Austin, Brazil, India).
- Fostered strong relationships with leaders in business/IT to build a long term partnership between teams.
- Solved impediments helped the feature teams to stay motivated and led to a higher speed of delivering User Stories.
- Ensured that the project is on track to meet project funding and budget.
- Conducted team-building activities like planning poker games for story point estimation and to motivate the team members.
Software Project Manager/Supervisor Resume
Summary : An experienced Information Systems Manager and Project Manager with a thorough understanding of maintaining, organizing, implementing, and developing IT solutions supporting a broad spectrum of information system platforms.
Skills : Visio, Lync, Rally Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, SharePoint, OpenText LiveLink.
- Managed complex projects pertaining to the SDLC of multiple software products in accordance with the PMO Governance process.
- Delivered new features and enhancements, as requested by customers.
- Oversaw scheduling, task progress, resource utilization, costs, & forecasts.
- Coordinated activities for 7 successful product releases for 12+ accomplished projects.
- Worked with 3-5 geographically dispersed teams to manage interdependencies, escalate issues, & facilitate solutions to keep projects on track.
- Conducted risk assessments, implementing remediation actions to mitigate potential derailments.
- Planned/managed the project portfolio, assimilating changing priorities defined by the Stakeholders.
Software Project Manager/Executive Resume
Summary : Software Engineer who managed project plans through completion. Worked closely with management on assigned projects from inception through implementation to ensure adequate internal communication between end user and developer.
Skills : Fortran, C, C++, SQL, OpenVMS.
- Managed installation and configuration of a fully integrated accounting system of 9 modules, running under VMS.
- Chaired coordinating committee for implementation.
- Stimulated thorough discussion of issues.
- Supervised and trained data entry operators during the initial data entry.
- Created project models, generated schedules, and tracked progress to keep the project on schedule.
- Created Q&A databases to track required management decisions and outstanding issues with the vendor.
- Automated upload of Electronic Timesheet System data into the accounting payroll system, 2.
- Automated distribution of timesheet hour and cost data to tasks in project cost module, 3.
Software Project Manager/Coordinator Resume
Summary : Professional software test and development engineer with 25+ years of experience in the software engineering environment. Performed many different responsibilities within the Software Development Life Cycle, such as Requirement Definition, Design, Development, Integration, Test and Formal Test and associated reporting for each phase of the development cycle.
Skills : Network Administration, System Administration, Leadership.
- Interviewed engineers and made technical task assignments.
- Tracked their progress/status and created and presented status to Senior Level Management during center/department staffing meetings.
- Led a group of 10 highly technical software and electrical engineers in a high profile CM/DM Rotation pilot program.
- Performed computer SW installation procedures for STE (Special Test Equipment) Laser Test station and Electro-Optical Test stations according to the Hardware Configuration Document and Version Description Document.
- Performed real-time software development in the C / C++ software language to generate executable code for modeling purposes.
- Participated in Technical Exchange Meetings with the customer to discuss issues and present resolutions to advanced technical issues.
- Performed code debugging using the Microsoft .NET Interactive Development Environment (IDE) and National instruments Lab Windows.
- Used source code version configuration management software (CVS) to archive code revisions and tags.
- Used the UNIX operating system to run commands/scripts/test procedures.
Software Project Manager Resume
Summary : Results oriented project management IT professional with more than 20 years of demonstrated excellence in various disciplines including business analysis, database programming and user support/training. Proven leadership skills in managing large technical projects and diverse work groups. Over 15 years of experience with software development life cycles from requirements development through implementation.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Database Management, Project Management, Networking, Process Improvement, SQL.
- Oversaw 11 Project Engineers.
- Managed the daily activities and reporting for the daily progress status for installations, building schedules, metrics, customer deliveries, and resolution of customer issues.
- Created detailed project plans and procured funding from Program Offices as needed.
- Delivered official computer programs to support US Navy certification and delta certification by delivering five process-intensive builds on time and within budget.
- Managed delivery processes to facilitate US Navy Computer Program Maintenance and Fleet Support.
- Primary customer interface for US Navy customer issues with various Lockheed programs to fix computer program bugs.
- Saved 80K annually through customer negotiations with optimizing the customer delivery process.