Sports Writer Resume
Headline : A bachelor of science in communication and a focus in public relations. Career goal is to use the skills obtained at ECU to work in sports public relations developing content for a sports teams' website, running its social media.
Skills : Creative Writing, Factual Reporting, Web Management.
- Researched and put together timely sports articles about ECU athletics, specifically football recruiting articles and football features.
- Wrote stories a week including previews, recaps, feature stories, opinion pieces, and breaking news stories, transcribe postgame quotes.
- Published over stories and built a personal Twitter following.
- Contributed to IES' social media pages/fan forums through live event coverage and breaking news.
- Served as a reporter attending ECU football practice and feature press conferences for quotes from players and coaches.
- League game summaries and statistics as well as PAL basketball game summaries and statistics along with various other youth sporting events.
- Wrote sports tickets Accomplishments customer service. strong work habits Skills Used a computer.
Sports Writer I Resume
Objective : To obtain a position in the field of mathematics (or otherwise) that utilizes the analytical, problem solving, logical, creative thinking, communication, leadership, decision-making, organization, and management skills.
Skills : Microsoft Package, Data Entry.
- Prepared interview questions and conducted interviews with athletes and coaches.
- Updated and maintained newspaper website, rn-t.com, and its affiliated website dedicated to high school sports, prepcentral.com.
- Completed miscellaneous tasks assigned by supervisors.
- Designed pages of the sports section in Adobe InDesign. Edited and proofread news and sports articles.
- Provided change of pace Satire and Opinion work when possible Accomplishments of our most viewed articles.
- Provided a "voice for the common fan" Skills Used Critical thinking in specific football situations Utilized writing skills in order to communicate clearly.
- Provided game and feature coverage for six local high schools and Lincoln University athletics.
Sports Writer/Representative Resume
Summary : A creative, critical thinker looking to apply skills to finding new ways to enhance the customer experience and boost productivity. To grow with a company and attain a management position.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, Interviewing, Social Media.
- Researched, wrote, edited, and published seven articles per day using the content management system.
- Vetted trending topics on Google News for stories to be published on a high-volume news website.
- Identified and utilized search engine keywords and autofill phrases to boost article's page views.
- Collaborated with seven other writers on article assignments using a Google Doc live spreadsheet.
- Assisted general manager in hiring additional writers, training new hires to use CMS.
- Copy edited articles and headlines from three other writers.
- Executed SEO strategies to increase the monthly average of unique visitors per day.
Bachelor Of Arts
Jr. Sports Writer Resume
Objective : Creative thinker and problem solver. Ready to work until the job is finished and goals have been reached. Technically-savvy with outstanding relationship building, training and presentation skills.
Skills : Search Engine Optimization, Microsoft Office, Copy Editing.
- Won awards for column and feature-writing, and posting video interviews and game highlights online.
- Department won awards for package design and coverage during tenure as writer and editor.
- Edited, designed and paginated sports section nightly.
- Strengthened multimedia and social media presence of department by creating Twitter handles for all reporters.
- Wrote features and game stories for high school and college athletics.
- Helped editor design and plan sections daily.
- Wrote for Buckeye Sports Bulletin (and the publication's website), with an emphasis on feature articles, game coverage, and news pertaining.
Sports Writer/Analyst Resume
Objective : To obtain employment with company, using the sales, leadership, management, supervisory, public relations, communications, and customer service skills have obtained and successfully implemented over the years. These skills will benefit you for the following reasons.
Skills : Management, Administration, Public Relations, Customer Service.
- Performed and Skills Obtained: Administration oversight of church office and staff, schools, and daycare center.
- Sales learned how to achieve goals, work with people, and excel in customer satisfaction.
- Staff supervision oversight of church staff, provided job descriptions, conducting staff meetings, etc.
- Authored training manuals, job descriptions, etc.
- Built Construction provided oversight of two successful building projects and one revitalization project.
- Leadership served denomination on several committees, served as a departmental representative in various capacities.
- Wrote feature stories as well as side-pieces to already contributing stories.
Sports Writer/Director Resume
Objective : To gain employment in a reputable company where can put to use knowledge that have gained through clinical and classroom education and where can establish a career.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Quick books, Payroll, Various Design Software.
- Worked in a fast-paced newspaper setting reporting local sporting events in the community from Little League baseball to College football.
- Worked on a deadline each night assuring that stories were properly written and to press at an expected time.
- Responsible for writing feature stories each week, minor editing, and pagination.
- Able to take and give direction with respect. Skills Friendly, Outgoing and Courteous to everyone.
- Excellent phone and written communication skills. Skills Used Sportswriter, Deadline Writer, Feature Writing.
- Compassionated and cared for those who are in need of help.
- Ranged from Microsoft Office and QuickBooks to Photoshop, Multi-Ad Creator and other editorial and creative software.
Sports Writer/Co-ordinator Resume
Summary : Hard-working, entry-level legal assistant, looking to apply education and experience to a job regarding legal studies. Very organized and skilled in writing.
Skills : Japanese Language, Photography.
- Reported on local area high school sports. Schools covered.
- Sports covered are football, basketball, wrestling, baseball, track & field.
- Duties include traveled to area locations within Van Buren County, watching events,
- Obtained statistical information, interviews with coaches, and compiling a story within a tight deadline.
- Average of three events per week during winter and spring school semesters.
- Additional duties are photographed events and travel to post-season events.
- Expanded the area coverage of local high school sports. Skills Used Photography, geography, history, Photoshop.
Bachelor Of Arts
Lead Sports Writer Resume
Summary : Enthusiastic professional with experience in print journalism. Proven leadership abilities in working as a team and independently, handling multiple tasks, and great adaptability.
Skills : Power point, Communications, Written Communication.
- Wrote several pieces on what is occurring day to day in the sporting world.
- Founded a way to make works blend with both humor and insightful sports dialogue.
- Worked had a great following, comments, and overall fan base.
- Broaden horizons through sports journalism, especially through the amazing spectrum of soccer.
- Connected and appeased with an audience, and hope to continue doing so. Incredibly fortunate to receive an opportunity with the company.
- Currently, a prep sports writer provided daily content for both print and web.
- Covered a wide range of stories from state football championships to football teen's tragic deaths.
Associate Sports Writer Resume
Summary : Speech pathologists, also known as speech therapists or speech-language pathologists, help individuals with a range of disorders related to speech. These professionals can work in schools, hospitals and specialty clinics.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Professional Writing, Team Building.
- Provided Content for the Website as well as develop ideas to gain an audience.
- Starred in a youtube video with views. Award-winning columnist and beat writer.
- Covered prep, college, and pro sports, including stock car racing and golf.
- Awarded-winning columnist and prep beat writer. Work on the deadline each night on the sports desk.
- Covered professional football, primarily responsible for the Atlanta Falcons.
- Wrote general interest news, features, and columns on a variety of sports events, including high school football, stock car racing.
- Wrote pieces on the Chicago Bears, Bulls, and Cubs as well as CLC's basketball team.
Sports Writer III Resume
Summary : To this point in career have been involved with several opportunities covering sports over the web, with local news, and building resume. During time writing for the web, had multiple articles published on nationally renowned sites.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Data Entry.
- Detailed game stories and other assignments while meeting strict deadlines set by editors.
- Designed, edited and created a 60-page high school football preview magazine.
- Wrote college football recruiting stories while working alongside the Tech recruiting coordinator and Wreck Em 247' sports editor.
- Updated and maintained multiple social media platforms for Lonestarvarsity.com, lubbockonline.com, and redraiders.com.
- Captured and shoot game footage and photos. Interscholastic Press Association.
- Managed all broadcasts, organized fundraisers, and assigned workers to specific broadcast assignments.
- Traveled, took pictures, conducted interviews, and gathered statistics to write sports stories.
Sports Writer Resume
Summary : Proven professional writer with diverse experience in print media, online and business settings. Unique skill set from working in both marketing, finance and business development.
Skills : Writing, Computer and people skills.
- Wrote sports articles for the print and online newspaper.
- Honed skills as a writer and interviewer to produce interesting and distinctive stories.
- Quick and effective writer able to produce AP styled copy on deadline.
- Wrote weekly Around Town column highlighting area athletic achievements.
- Covered over individual state champions in wrestling and tennis.
- Shot video and photos for Tout and Twitter social media platforms.
- Responsible for page layout and proofing of the Fine Print page using Adobe InDesign.