Software Test Engineer Resume
Summary : Software Test Engineer with seven years of experience in software testing and quality assurance under Windows and Unix environment with excellent analytical and diversified experience in manual and automated testing of web-based and client/server application.
Skills : SDLC, Manual Testing, UAT, UAT, QC, SQL, Agile, HP ALM, Selenium, Cucumber, Java, UFT, UFT, Test Plans, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, QTP
- Actively involved in various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Q life cycle.
- Planned, developed, scheduled and executed the quality assurance testing activities.
- Reviewed use case, wireframes, design mocks and business requirements documents with the business development teams to understand the architecture and functionality of the application.
- Created a test plan for the project, conceiving of the testing strategy and approach.
- Participated in walkthrough meeting with Lead, System Analyst, Project Coordinator, and the Development Team to discuss the outstanding defects and scope of the change request.
- Developed test documents such as test plan, test cases, test data, test scripts, test summary reports, and bug reports.
- Executed and managed requirements, test plan, test cases using the HP QC/ALM.
- Worked in agile (scrum) environment and interacted with Pm, Developers, Business Analyst, and other QA members during daily stand-ups meeting.
Masters of Business Administration
Systems Integration/Test Engineer Resume
Summary : Systems Integration/Test Engineer with a solid understanding of Software Development Life cycle and testing processes. Experienced in HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro, HP Load Runner. Expert in writing and executing Test Plan, Test cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, RAR, TAR, and LOE. Experienced in gathering and documenting business requirements from the client. Experienced in performing Functional, Sanity, Integration, System, User Acceptance, Performance, Load Stress, 508 Compliance testing.
Skills : HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro, HP Load Runner, Rational Clear Quest, Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Test Manager, HTML, DHTML, Java Script, C, C++ And VB Script, .Net
- Prepared and reviewed quality control strategy and test plan.
- Worked with application development and product development teams to produce and implement all testing artifacts including, but not limited to, test strategy, test plans, test scripts, test data, test execution results, and defects.
- Implemented black box, navigation, functional, user interface, security, data-driven, configuration, system, regression, user acceptance testing.
- Created the environment for automation testing and designing the strategy for complete test coverage.
- Developed automation scripts in Quick Test Professional (QTP) to automate smoke and regression testing.
- Managed the testing process, schedule batch tests, log and track defects using the quality center.
- Co-coordinated with System Analysts, Development & Test Teams to review test plans, test cases, and requirement standards & resolve issues including user acceptance testing.
- Performed functional, regression, integration and end-to-end testing using Quicktest Pro.
- Optimized QTP scripts for regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
Firmware Test Engineer Resume
Headline : Firmware Test Engineer with 6 years of extensive experience in the IT industry with an emphasis on Quality Assurance, Testing, Analysis and Documentation of various applications Designated as a Test engineer with Syntel ltd. Extensive experience in Manual Testing and Automation testing like QTP Experience in Design, Development, and Execution of Test cases, Test Scenarios, and Test plans Extensive work experience on Functionality Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Black Box Testing, End to End testing.
Skills : C/C++, SQL, Python, Perl, Ruby, Linux, GCC, MS Visual Studio, Cvs, Svn, IPV4/IPV6 Protocol, Kernel, WCDMA, LTE, 3GPP LTE Emulator, Aeroflex Emulator
- Responsible for testing Intelli-Agent (IA), on Android, IOS, Windows and Linux environments.
- Involved in testing application on different mobile platform such as ios and android devices.
- Responsible for creation, design, and execution of test strategies, including writing test plans, test cases, and test scenarios.
- Identified, analyzed, and documented defects using Jira defect tracking systems.
- Logged defects encountered in the application through Jira during test cycles and conducted fix verification.
- Participated in weekly test planning, project status meetings, and reviews.
- Performed load & stress tests on different android phones & cisco laptops.
- Run compatibility testing (Cross Windows/ Mac and Android/ IOS platforms, cross browsers, cross mobile devices - phones, tablets, iPads etc) test mobile app's behavior under various interruptions: data performance, SIP calls, incoming calls, SMS, video calls.
- Created and submitted detailed bug reports about encountered anomalies in builds.
Bachelor Of Technology
Systems Integration/Test Engineer Resume
Headline : Systems Integration/Test Engineer with 6+ years of experience in Analysis, Quality Assurance, Software Testing, client/server applications, and Web Applications. Proficient in Preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Designs, Test Coverage Metrics, Tracking Documents and Test Cases for both Manual and Automated Testing. Having experience working in Sprint/Agile/Scrum Methodology. Good understanding in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Bug Life Cycle & its different phases.
Skills : Windows XP, Windows95/98, UNIX Programming Languages C, UNIX Scripting Languages Perl Script, VB Script, Shell Script RDBMS Times Ten, Oracle 10g, Sybase Others Autosys Tool
- Responsible for referring a client to different business channels, generate regulatory disclosures, etc.
- Involved in gathering test data and also involved in user acceptance testing (functional, batch, system, integration, positive, negative, regression and security level testing).
- Executed manual and automated test cases for regression, acceptance, black box, integration, smoke and UAT testing.
- Developed resource estimation matrix to management for complete QA resources and efforts utilization for end-to-end testing (system testing).
- Created test plan for end-to-end (system test) & user acceptance testing act as a single point of contact for clients on sprint testing and end-to-end test preparation coordinated with Business Analyst, System Analyst, Application Development group and third party vendors for efficient resolution of open issues on sprint testing & end-to-end test case preparation.
- Identified, investigated and helped resolve issues/risk related to sprint & end-to-end to senior management.
- Mentored less experienced QA staff on QA best practices and methodologies.
- Facilitated meetings with BAs, SMEs to address any open questions the team may have defined, maintained and delivered test artifacts to client QA architect.
Bachelor Of Technology
Test Technician/Test Engineer Resume
Objective : Test Technician/Test Engineer with around 3 years of experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Software Analysis, Manual, Backed and automation Testing Good experience in writing and executing Test cases for given User Stories and Bug tracking Good experience in working interactively with programmers, architects, business analysts and account managers with deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle methodology. Experienced in testing web-based and client-server applications.
Skills : Data Acquisition, Control, Digital Signal Processing, Failure Mode And Effect Analysis, Rapid Prototyping, Basic Machine Shop Experience, ACE, Programming, CAD, Project Management, Microsoft Office
- Experience in leading and supporting various projects in all major areas of the test lab.
- Took part in aircraft certification testing in the following testing divisions: mechanical testing, fire testing, lightning strike testing, structural testing.
- Supported certification fire tests for the a320, a350, and c-series as well as non-certification proof of concept fire tests for Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRI) fire seals by developing the procedure and standard work for the vibration shaker table used during testing as well as being the main operator for the MTS 407 controller.
- Supported certification lightning strike test project to establish cross-platform service repair manuals and allowable damage limits to be used for Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, Embraer, and Mitsubishi projects.
- Supported the design and implementation of an environmental conditioning box to achieve testing temperatures for the certification structural testing for the A320 program.
- Assisted in troubleshooting equipment failures ranging from mechanical failures (was able to systematically approach a pneumatic valve failure of a medium pressure high flow system to find the root cause) to computer hardware and software failures (including supporting legacy CNC controller that uses MS-DOS operating system).
- Participated in a committee to select the next generation data acquisition system for the mechanical test lab.
- The main contributor in the research for down the selection process and was responsible for the phased implementation plan said system.
- Responsible for establishing a portable data acquisition system setup used to record data for tests performed off-site in Singapore for a320.
Bachelor Of Science
Senior Test Engineer/Test Lead Resume
Headline : Senior Test Engineer/Test Lead with a strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance Methodologies including development, execution, and maintenance of the Test Plans, Test Result documents, and Defect reports.
Skills : C, Java, OpenGL, Python, C#, Git, Subversion, Visual Studio, LLVM, Linux, ASP, HTML/DHTML, Java, Java Script And VB Script, FrontPage.
- Involved in developing test cases, test plan for the application.
- Involved in preparing detailed and reviewed test cases to cover all the requirements.
- Extensively involved in peer-reviewing the team members test scripts also triage meeting.
- Extensively involved in functional testing and verify the application according to the user perspective.
- Experienced to wrote regression and functional test cases and migrated all in HP ALM.
- Reported the bugs, email notifications to the developers using the HP ALM.
- Analyzed requirement documents to develop and execute test scripts and documented test cases corresponding to business rules.
- Responsible for reporting daily status and progress of testing to the project team.
- Developed automation scripts in HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT 12.2) to automate smoke and regression testing.
- Automated the functionality and interface testing of the application using HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
Bachelor Of Science
Lead Test Engineer Resume
Objective : BA & Lead Test Engineer with 3 plus years of experience in software testing having diverse exposure in various projects and application testing with a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of SDLC. Tested Web-based applications on Windows platform. Well versed with Usability, GUI, Functional, System, Regression and Smoke testing. ISTQB Foundation level Certified.
Skills : Oracle Server 9i/8i, DB2, C, C++, SQL, C#, VB, Quick Test Professional, Rational Robot, Test Manager, Win Runner, Test Director, Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest
- Interacted with Business Analysts, gathered business and technical requirements and reviewed business and technical requirements and specifications.
- Analyzed system requirements and developed test strategy, test plans and test cases, test data for manual testing of the functionality, GUI, usability, compatibility and user acceptance testing of the application.
- Worked with the quality center to trace the requirements, write the test cases in the test plan, execute the test sets in the test lab and track the defects logged in the defects module.
- Created test data for validating scenarios based on functional requirements.
- Created test scripts and UAT test cases and coordinated with the UAT team and Project Manager and performed user acceptance testing with the users.
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams including users, development, validation and technical writing.
- Participated in defect review meetings and quality assurance meetings, responsible for creating and maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and trace requirements to the corresponding test cases.
- Generated change requests for failed test cases and assigned them to responsible developers.
Bachelor Of Science
Test Engineering Manager Resume
Summary : Test Engineering Manager with over 7+ years of strong experience in Quality Assurance and Testing of stand-alone, client-server and web-based applications. Expertise in Black Box testing, writing test plans, test cases, GUI testing, Unit testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing. Experience with both team and individual work environment. Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) aspects such as Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, and Deployment.
- Responsible for compilation of testing effort and coordinated the user functional testing.
- Involved in daily and weekly status meetings worked closely with the Project Manager in the planning, test strategy, and test approach.
- Prepared test cases for complex business functionality like ordering new products and change the existing connections.
- Involved to test billing system and collection functionality and oracle based client-server customer billing system good experience on selenium ide and creating scripts in selenium involved in both front end and back end testing.
- Involved in developing a detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using test director for functional, security and regression testing.
- Extensively used SQL and automation for regression test and test case-specific scenario to check the integrity of the application.
- Developed test cases using WSDL, schema files which define web service request, response, methods/operations, the endpoint of web service to be tested.
- Used ant, svn, selenium web driver, Jenkins, Java, and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Setting up Selenium RC in the test environment, deploy and run the scripts in as part of the build and generate automated test reports for test run used SOAP UI, web logic to test web services running on web logic server.
QA Senior Software Test Engineer Resume
Headline : QA Senior Software Test Engineer with 6+ years of Strong Manual and Automated Testing experience in web-based and client-server applications. Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC). Preparation of system test plans/test cases / QC reports/ RTM/ Defect Reports ensuring projects are completed on time with quality Extensive experience working with Business and Functional Requirements in analyzing and creating Test plans and Test cases.
Skills : Windows XP,7.0, MS-DOS. Testing Tools: Dev Test Tool, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center, SQL,PL/SQL,JAVA/J2EE,JSP,VBScript,ASP.NET, HTML
- Producing well-structured, documented and maintainable test scripts for manual and automated testing that support the quality assurance test-cycle.
- Collaborating with development teams in the validation of software readiness involving staging and release processes.
- Participating in team meetings with product and project teams as appropriate and provide input on project requirements including scope, design, timelines, or potential problems.
- Assisting business users, end-users and clients with User Acceptance Tests prior to application launches.
- Researching, understanding and producing test-case scenarios and cases that validate major functional areas of applications.
- Participating in the development and support of the testing program aimed at supporting multiple testing efforts simultaneously.
- Identifying and capturing test data to support the test cases defined by the testing team
- Modifying test cases scenarios as needed for new and changed business rules, functionalities and modules
Bachelor Of Science
Senior Lead Test Engineer Resume
Headline : Senior Lead Test Engineer with 5+ years of experience as a Quality Analyst with an in-depth understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology. Experience in SDLC methodologies like Agile, Waterfall Model and Iterative Model. Well-versed with all stages of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) process. Experience in Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Database Testing.
Skills : ALM/HP Quality Center 10.0, RALLY, QTP 10.0, Databases: Oracle 11g, MySQL, SQL Server 2008, MS Access Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Iterative And Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Working with Business analyst and other stakeholders to get the Non-Functional Requirements.
- Developing reusable automated test scripts for major end-to-end Ul scenarios by using technologies including but not limited to Web HTTP/HTML and TruClient and service technologies e.g. REST, SOAP, WSDL, WADL, Json, XML, etc. in performance testing framework.
- Monitoring application metrics like Real-user monitoring, Database and server monitoring using AppDynamics and Nimbus
- Analyzing real-time data and application logs using Splunk to identify the bottlenecks and application issues if any that occurs in the test.
- Working with and assist on Performance Testing framework.
- Identifying performance issues, error handling processes, analyzing application performance and implementing the right tool/framework for higher reusability and maintainability.
- Working with stakeholders to perform a feasibility study for different performance tools and the development of proofs of concept.
- Working with Performance Test Senior Software Engineer to support the automation framework and CI/CD concepts.
Bachelors Of Engineering