VP of Finance/CFO Resume
Summary : Dedicated and experienced VP Of Finance/CFO seeking new opportunities and challenges. The goal is to grow in a dynamic environment and build upon existing skills via my extensive proficiency in finance and accounting.
Skills : FP&A, Inventory Management, Financial Analysis, Resource Management, Budgeting, Forecasting, Actual Analysis, M&A, Risk Assessment
- Generated weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly invoices for over 120 customers as well as reconciled invoices for over 80 vendors.
- Investigated financial data for new turn-ups, assigned credit limits and monitored.
- Reported directly to CEO monthly financial reports (balance sheet income.
- Included collaborating with technicians and sales team daily to ensure all traffic was reflected in reporting accurately (trunk set up/daily rate uploads).
- Streamlined tasks within the billing department which reduced billing costs by 20.
- Managed the daily collection and transfer of funds to over 50 governmental agencies in 20 states.
- Interfaced with government accounting departments, banks, credit card merchants, investors, and money service agents.
- Managed multiple systems and vendor changes to improve costs controls as well as improved relationships for much-improved workflow operations.
- Oversee the company corporate development, 409a valuation, and investor relationship.
VP Of Finance Resume
Summary : VP Of Finance with a comprehensive experience of 8 years of directing operations through strategic planning and effective management of staff. A methodical thinker in developing and launching strategies which increases operational efficiencies, revenue outcome, and improve profitability. I am a self-starter with finance and administration experience which produces results.
Skills : Finance And Administration, Healthcare Operations, Pricing Analysis, Contract Administration, Labor Negotiations, Case Management/Utilization Review, Intake/Admissions
- Provided financial/operational expertise and leadership for a privately held for-profit 800+ bed behavioral health multi-state, multi-hospital organization through management and oversite of the business office, utilization review, intake, clinical documentation, financial reporting/forecasting, auditing, and budgeting.
- Established and maintained strong relationships with Senior Executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provided executive management with advice on the financial and operational implications of business activities.
- Monitored and implemented, if necessary, key indicator analysis and productivity reports for hospitals.
- Analyzed various financial and productivity reports for the various hospitals, identifying "best practices" and communicating those to management.
- Managed the revenue cycle at all SBH hospitals through the use of benchmarks and monitoring for compliance to policies and procedures, ensuring the hospitals are charging for all services provided and collecting what is due to the hospital in a timely manner.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to the general ledger including receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Preparation for monthly and quarterly financial reports and reviews including the quarterly regulation 15-c.
VP Of Finance & Strategy Resume
Summary : An organized and savvy VP Of Finance & Strategy with over 20 years of experience in the areas of operations, accounting, and management. I have made a career out of leveraging my eye for quality and communication acumen to strengthen and grow organizations large and small. As a strong leader and collaborator able to work with others up and down the company ladder, I am poised to take on new challenges, utilizing my experience to improve processes, motivate others, and deliver results.
Skills : Finance, Financial Modeling, Cash Flow Analysis, Capital Planning, Strategic Planning, Forecasting, Budgeting, Pricing, Analyzing, Investor Relations,
- Managed all financial aspects within a seven million dollar multistate (PA, NJ, NY, DE, VA, OH, CA, GA) consulting company including, AR, AP, PR, HR through FS, tax planning, treasury, risk management.
- Improved A/R cycle reducing days outstanding by 10 and created $160,000 of found receivables.
- Responsible for vendor selection for it services, office equipment, benefits, pc insurance, 401k.
- Shopped entire benefits platform maintained costs with optimal plan design.
- Found company reimbursement of $100,000 via insurance and third-party cost sharing of $130,000.
- Trusted advisor for tax, legal, IT issues, property casualty insurance, and entire employee benefits platform from shopping design and selection.
- Saved $68,000 a year in owners taxes by S-corp distributions over bonuses.
- Reorganized company stock transactions to be between individuals vs clearing through the S-corp, (20% gains vs 40% income tax) a 20%, $60,000 savings to owners.
- Develop business plans and financial analysis for proposed investments, partnerships, and acquisitions.
VP of Finance (Global) Resume
Summary : Accomplished VP Of Finance with 27 years of expertise in financial management, accounting principles, audit procedures, and taxes. Strengths include the ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, and effectively interact with all levels of management.
Skills : Microsoft Office, SQL, Banking, Management Reporting, Competitive Analysis, Process Improvement, Cost Reductions, Leadership, Team Building, Cross-Functional Partner, Problem Solver
- Oversee the operations of the global fpa functions, sales finance, and corporate development.
- Build and scale the global finance team responsible for finance operations corporate development reporting to the CFO.
- Managing the company's daily operations, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, daily cash flow, administrative procedures, sales strategies, international distribution channels, and dealing with all outside parties as needed.
- Doubled the company's working capital by implementing tighter cash controls.
Responsible for maintaining department compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, state federal government regulations, and internal controls.
- Implemented new procedures, which allows for a one-day turn around for order.
Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
Senior VP Of Finance Resume
Summary : Senior VP of Finance with 12+ year of accounting experience including finance, managerial, controller, accounting systems implementations, and audit experience with reputable US and multinational companies. Proficient in the design, development, and management of high volume finance and accounting models and processes. Experienced in assessing and testing control environment, risks, control gaps and compliance with SOX 404 Audit experience for publicly registered and private clients.
Skills : MS Office Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Working Knowledge Of Structure (SF Data Systems), Peachtree (SAGE), PeopleSoft, Xero, IDEA, Monarch, Toad, Hyperion Essbase, MS Access Query Structuring, SDLC, SQL Advanced In MS Visio, Process Flow Development
- Managing Finance, Accounting, Procurement, and IT departments (7 employees) for $30m construction company.
- Overseeing all general ledger activities to ensure accurate accounting close process and adequate controls.
- Performing working capital management, monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Managing the projects WIP forecasts and estimated cost to complete to ensure proper revenue recognition and billings.
- Performing the bi-weekly cash flow planning, 3 months cash flow modeling and oversee operating budgets.
- Enhancing the standard operating procedures for accounting and business functions.
- Performing the analysis of consolidated financial statements, financial metrics, and trends.
- Evaluating the financial performance data and providing the recommendations to COO and CEO.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP, tax accounting, government rules, regulations, and certifications.
- Enhancing the ERP system accounting reports and develop in-house custom reports utilizing ODBC database.
VP of Finance Resume
Summary : Energetic VP Of Finance with a successful career of 13 years in turning around and growing organizations through vision, team building, and sound execution. Big picture strategic thinker paired with the problem-solving skills of an Economist turned CPA. Strong interpersonal and communication skills resulting in valuable internal and external relationships from hourly staff up to boards and political leaders.
Skills : Team Leadership, Accounting Department Management, Financial Accounting, Budgeting, Forecasting, Modeling, Strategic Planning, Project Management, Human Resources, Network Administration, Software Implementation, Data Management And IT For 100 Person Company, Process Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Materials Logistics, Product Development, Purchasing, Compliance, Risk Management
- Forged strong relationships with local government officials and politicians resulting in favorable regulation changes that translate into $8mm in cost savings over the next 10 years.
- Grew accounting team from 3 to 8 members through an effective blend of leadership and mentorship, 7 of the 9 people that have worked for me are still with the company, and 5 of 9 have more than 5 years tenure.
- Designed and built key models (sales forecasting, budgeting, production capacity, costing, gross profit, distribution, etc. ) upon which strategic and operational decisions are made.
- Oversaw the staff accountant, inventory and cost accountant, forecast and planning analyst. Responsible for g/l entries, revenue recognition, and reporting, banking, external audits, inventory, costing, budgeting, forecasting, planning, data management, controls, and policy in accordance with GAAP.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with GAAP.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Responsible for all mortgage refinances, new build and renovation draw reconciliations, capital improvement.
SVP Of Finance/Controller Resume
Summary : Experienced SVP Of Finance/Controller professional with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. My experience includes 11 years in the accounting field. My experience enabled me to recommend new internal controls with my most recent position along with accounting reconciliations and audit compliance. Core Qualifications Hard-worker, Change Implementation, Customer Relations, Problem Resolution.
Skills : Accounting Operations, Financial Modeling, Excel, Strategy Development, Accounting Systems Development And Conversion
- Oversaw financial administrative operations, reporting to the Executive Director.
- Prepared timely comprehensive consolidated financial reports with careful consideration of key financial indicators.
- Managed and implemented accounting processes. Continually improved policies procedures to further streamline operations
- With senior leadership, created managed the annual consolidated budget.
- Managed maintenance of general ledger and performed all monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Managed accounting administrative staff. Prepared annual goals quarterly reviews.
- Managed and prepared revenue analysis, cash flow projections, and receivables.
- Oversaw compliance requirements with financial institutions parent organization.
- Liaisoned for board treasurer finance committee. Provided monthly reporting to the finance committee bi-monthly, organization-wide dashboards to the board of directors.
- Managed day-to-day relationship with outsourced IT management company. Oversaw two significant IT improvement projects.
- Managed property insurance policies for a 60,000 square foot facility.
VP Of Finance And Operations Resume
Headline : Accomplished VP Of Finance And Operations leader with the ability to translate financial information into relatable metrics and KPIs. Regarded as the ability to analyze, interpret, and relate complex quantitative information to all levels of management. Succeeds through combined expertise in strategic development, process redesign, communication and team leadership. A natural communicator and team leader with strong motivational skills and ability to build, produce and succeed.
Skills : Executive Leadership, Budgetary Planning, Treasury Management, Due Diligence, Software Conversion, Process Development/Improvement, Team Development And Mentoring
- Providing strategic financial and operational leadership to growing private equity-backed tech-enabled services company.
- Transforming the PL and BS to align with service lines and provide clarity to investors and management.
- Instituting annual budget process and work across all departments to ensure costs are accurately projected, resulting in gross profit margin increase of 5% year over year.
- Prepared pitch decks and presented to pe firms during capital raise cycles.
- Liaisoning with external CPA on annual financial and 401(k) audit, and annual tax filings for multiple states.
- Instituting the process improvements to reduce AR DSO by 16 days, reduce close time by 15 days and provide margin clarity on both customer and product level.
- Procured multiple capital and credit lines to fund various capital initiatives.
- Managing complex banking LOC to ensure adherence to covenants, manage cash flow.
- Liaisoning with legal counsel regarding contract negotiations, employment issues.
- Managing multiple staffs, including accounting, hr, and client services.
VP Of Finance Resume
Summary : VP Of Finance is seeking to leverage 7+ years of finance and management experience, proven leadership skills and expertise in the manufacturing industry in a Controller/CFO position.
Skills : Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains 8.0, Expandable, Peachtree, CMPRO, MAS 90/200, Computer Ease And Microsoft Office.
- Responsible for external audits (3) completed, all without requiring any adjustments.
- Worked with IT to create an accurate, useful report for tracking true yield by part number.
- Initiated installation of an access control system to enhance building security.
- Negotiated with the building owner and received settlements for the discovery of past overcharges.
- Reduced freight costs by 35% in 2013 through process changes even though revenue increased by 9%.
- Expanded benefit choices for employees while keeping cost increases to a minimum.
- Renegotiated the above market building lease at more favorable terms and reduced rent by about 33%.
- Brought company into compliance regarding reseller certificates, W9s and 1099s.
- Worked with IT to create a barcoding system for tracking finished goods inventory.
- Negotiated credit card processing rates and reduce costs by more than 50%.
- Reduced independent audit costs by about 35% through increased efficiencies.
VP Of Finance Resume
Summary : Resourceful VP Of Finance with over 14 years of experience in various roles. A proven leader and manager with an analytical approach to problem solving and efficient in providing the best decision making information/data.
Skills : Leader And Manager Resourceful, Quick And Eager Learner, Excellent Problem Solver, Multi-Tasker, And Team Worker, Analytical HFM / Hyperion, Essbase, SQL Programming
- Responsible for driving corporate change, growth, and developing the corporate strategy of a $10 million cash revenue organization.
- Performed and completed the transition of cash basis accounting to accrual basis based on the completed contract method.
- Managed and lead a team of 3 accounting professionals responsible for billing over $11m in contracted projects, $10m in collections, and $6m in payables.
- Upgraded and implemented an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing an annual budget and presenting to the executive committee for approval.
- Managed company cash flow ensuring preparedness for construction industry cash cycles.
- Assisted in implementing processes and cultural changes that drive a 29% growth in income year over year to a total of $7. 6m in 2016.
- Ensured compliance with local, state, and federal tax reporting requirements.
- Ensured accuracy of financials and worked with CPA to process quarterly tax payments and yearly corporate tax returns.
- Worked with the bank and handled all financial aspects in the acquisition of $3.3m building serving as new corporate offices.
- Point person for all hr related matters and managing the outsourced hr function.