Financial Accountant I Resume
Summary : Highly motivated, detailed oriented, quick learner and energetic Financial Accountant with 12 years of experience in the Hospitality domain, with excellent deadline driven, analytical and strong organizational skills Excellent communication skills with a talent for analyzing problems, developing and simplifying procedures, and finding innovative solutions for job efficiency Strong customer service skills, flexible, dependable, and work very well with others as well as independently.
Skills : Excel, Word, Outlook, Navision, Peoplesoft, Axium, Sage
- Prepared for month end close for fixed assets, storage & freight expenses, hauling expenses & interplant charges.
- Responsible for capital expenditure request & fixed assets management. Responsible for internal auditing for construction in progress projects.
- Coordinated with over 15 different warehouse companies & 10 freight companies to analyze over 50 GL accounts throughout 7 company locations to ensure accurate expenses for all product movement & storage.
- Performed internal control on fixed asset related vouchers to ensure proper sales tax is paid and collected, GL coding & correct project numbers are used.
- Reviewed & identified projects which needs to be closed, prepared expenditure reconciliations to distribute to project engineers to ensure all costs have been captured prior to closing out projects.
- Created and entered new fixed asset capitalized project into FAs & ran depreciation for all assets to calculate & amortize costs.
- Applied expenses to CIP, balance to GL, calculated & applied interest charges to all open projects over $100k.
- Prepared paid charges on $64 million lease equipments for reimbursement from the bank.
- Reviewed all vouchers over $5k to determine if R & M expenses should be processed as capitalized expenditures based on company guidelines.
- Analyzed all outgoing fluids to ensure freight expenses are captured and accrued any un-capture freight cost.
- Analyzed and compared class 1 hauling expenses to state transportation allowances to ensure company received correct transportation credit.
Financial Accountant (Insurance) Resume
Summary : Financial Accountant with over 18 plus years of experience in the Insurance domain, ability to perform the task with minimal supervision and is proactive in resolving issues. Collaborated with peers to achieve top performance in the department. Focused on research, reconciling, and reporting functions.
Skills : Sales Tax, Management, MS Office, Customer Service
- Accessed computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Calculated and prepared checks for utilities, taxes, and other payments.
- Calculated the costs of materials, overhead and other expenses, based on estimates, quotations and price lists.
- Calculated, prepared, and issued the bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to the established procedures.
- Checked figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Classified, recorded, and summarized the numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Compared computer printouts to manually maintained journals to determine if they match.
- Compiled budget data and documents, based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets.
- Compiled statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Completed and submitted the tax forms and returns, workers compensation forms, pension contribution forms, and other government documents.
Financial Accountant I Resume
Summary : A pro-active, self motivated and results oriented team player with 12+ years of experience with leading financial institutions and top 4 firm, including ING Australia, ANZ Wealth and KPMG. Experience in various aspects of financial & corporate accounting, investments analysis and cash flow management Broad exposure to accounting for financial instruments and asset valuations Strong research and analytical skills Certified Public Accountant (USA); CA & CPA Australia eligible.
Skills : Accounting, Accounting Systems, AP, Audit, General Ledger
- Worked in the investment accounting team within the corporate finance group which provided centralized reporting and analysis to management and other stakeholders for all Onepath entities.
- Prepared financial and statutory reports of Onepath Life companies including APRA, Statutory Accounts, Group Reporting Packs and ABS Reporting.
- Prepared daily substantial shareholding report for all Onepath Australia controlled entities for deliverance to ANZ group, prepared timely ANZ transactions reports for Australia stock exchange 259C reporting.
- Performed ongoing balanced reconciliations of cash at a subfund level within the life insurance company.
- Reconciled various balance sheet and profit & loss general ledger accounts for both shareholder and policy holder funds, and ensured maintenance of control framework.
- Reconciled investments and accounting data interfaces from Onepath investment management and registry systems into the SAP accounting system.
- Supported Senior Financial Analysts and Manager with preparation of various analysis and month end commentaries.
- Performed various analysis of investments, shareholder capital, fee revenue, fee expenses and other relevant balances of insurance and other funds management entities.
- Prepared commentaries and analysis in relation to capital, products, fees, investment contract liabilities and funds under management.
- Assisted with providing shareholder seeding capital for new Onepath products and with redemption of seed capital from existing products, maintained listing of all Onepath seeding capital and prepared related month end reconciliations and postings.
Financial Accountant II Resume
Summary : Hands-on, efficient, and organized professional Financial Accountant with 12 years of experience in the Manufacturing domain. Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make well-thought-out decisions.
Skills : Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook, Vantage, SAP, ADP For Windows, And E-Time, QuickBooks
- Responsible for the monthly close as well as maintenance of all accounting ledgers, monthly review of all account reconciliations/journal entries, and performed the initial review of companys financial statements.
- Provided the timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasts/budgets.
- Responsible for general accounting processes of inter-company reporting between two entities.
- Reported the multi-state sales tax returns as well as business licenses, and property tax statements.
- Ensured the accurate transmittal/reporting of foreign and domestic wire transactions.
- Supervised, trained, and assisted the accounts receivable and accounts payable departments.
- Ensured all accounting activities are in compliance with the statutory requirements.
- Processed the biweekly and semi-monthly distribution of multi-state payrolls, including wage garnishments, commissions, bonuses, benefits, electronic time keeping, manual check processing, and transmittal to ADP.
- Ensured payroll reports are accurate and correctly posted to appropriate general ledger and cost center accounts.
- Communicated actively with the Finance Manager to review the impact of payroll changes and reconcile any differences.
- Administrator to companys 401k plan, responsible for submitting contributions and assuring annual compliances are processed on a timely basis.
Financial Accountant II Resume
Summary : Financial Accountant II with 16 plus years of experience is seeking to obtain a challenging position with an opportunity for growth with an organization that will effectively utilize my skills and experience.
Skills : Accounting, Payroll, Access, AR, Business Intelligence, QuickBooks, PeopleSoft And FAS, Access, Peachtree Accounting, Lotus, Oracle And UNIX.
- Managing the daily cash application of payments made to several corporate lockboxes.
- Preparing journal entries and reviewing of journal entries. Managing the documentation and reviewing and recording of all recurring journal entries, static or otherwise.
- Coordinating with other departments to analyze and review various inputs to the monthly close process to confirm quality and accuracy of the process.
- Preparing and reviewing the account analyses, internal financial statements and supporting work papers for accuracy and compliance with accounting policies.
- Preparing the detailed reports and presentations for review for all levels of management.
- Assisting with the preparation and reviewing of footnotes and other financial information to be included in the sec form 10-Q and 10-K and the company's annual report.
- Managing, administering and reviewing the quarterly and annual reporting process (10-K, 10-Q & rate year report).
- Managing the information technology requests, including upgrades to the system that impact the financial statements.
- Completing the various report requests from executive management to assist with the analysis of company performance.
- Completing and reviewing the financial information for quarterly and annual reports to the securities and exchange commission (SEC) provided to the external reporting group.
Financial Accountant I Resume
Summary : Financial Accountant I with 14 years of experience in the Finance domain is seeking to obtain and secure a challenging position in accounting, finance or banking field where I can assist the employer in achieving growth and profits through maximum use of my knowledge, experience and qualifications.
Skills : Accounting, Dynamics, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Office, Payroll, Financial Analysis
- Performed general ledger accounting duties by ensuring that A/R payments and A/P expenses are properly applied and discrepancies resolved on time.
- Implemented the procedures to ensure accurate & efficient reconciliation of all transactions and handled daily finance cash inflows and deals with merchants’ inquiries.
- Structures an Excel workbook that helps to reconcile cash to internal database and bank and prepared daily cash receipts reports for management on a timely basis.
- Prepared monthly journal entries for accruals, reclassifications, and adjustments and assisted in the preparation and analysis of Financial statements, supported schedules for balance sheet and income statement.
- Provided account to budget variance analysis by accounts on a monthly basis along with providing management reports.
- Prepared commission report for more than 350 merchants weekly, verifying the validity of commissions, making adjustments for abnormal amounts, variances, and advances and uploading it into the finance system and to the bank.
- Prepared daily refunds and fee collection reports, verified validity, uploaded them into finance system and to the bank.
- Processed ACHs and wires in the bank for any adjustments or by management’s request.
- Prepared daily refunds and fee collection reports, weekly syndication reports for payments and reimbursement.
Financial Accountant III Resume
Summary : Conscientious, energetic, professional with over fifteen years of sales tax experience at a multi-billion dollar, global company. Excellent interpersonal skills in communicating key information to customers, employees, and suppliers. Extensive experience in process improvements and implementation to reduce company expenses. Strong organizational and multitasking skills. Management experience including hiring, training, coaching, and counseling.
Skills : Accounting, Budgeting, Excel, Excellent Communication, GAAP, Sales Tax
- Researched and resolved numerous customer tax and billing issues weekly by working in the tax e-mail center.
- Streamlined expired certificate management process by reducing non-value added tasks. Obtained documentation for state sales tax audits from customers, which, resulted in a significant reduction in audit assessments.
- Achieved 100% on all quarterly internal audit SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley act) testing on expired certificate.
- Worked closely with employees and customers in order to obtain valid exempt documentation.
- Proficient with Vertex O Series and Oracle R-12 tax and accounting systems.
- Assisted with the major upgrade from Vertex Q to Vertex O, and tax software.
- Completed the monthly expired certificate management process. Obtained valid exemption documents for state sales.
- Trained new co-workers on how to operate and utilized the certificate retention software.
- Informed sales tax team on the guidelines for valid exemption documentation.
- Worked on the conversion team to complete multiple conversions, by region, into new billing system.
- Led a major project to obtain missing exemption documentation for the company.
- Worked on the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company's expired certificate management process.
Financial Accountant (CPA) Resume
Summary : Financial Accountant with 14 years of experience is seeking for staff or supervisory position in accounting/finance area offering advancement opportunities where abilities, educational and professional experience can be effective applied.
Skills : JD Edwards, Oracle, Hyperion, Essbase, Qqest, SAP R/3, TABS3 , VAX/Oracle, Focus, Quickbooks, Comshare, HostAccess-IBM. Microsoft Office/Outlook, Advance Excel, Word, Lotus123
- Preparing & analyzing the full cycle accounting operations, compilation of financial statements, balance sheets, variance analysis for 4 regional operations.
- Accountable for regional month end close, submitting the financial reports, regional overhead budget forecast and actual P/L for review and approval of the Regional Controller in Horsehead, NY.
- Setting up project based budget & contract financial documentation, including contract approvals, modifications and change orders.
- Preparing the agreement proposals and descriptive expenditure calculations for new charters and/or projects.
- Reviewing the basic contract documents related to billing and revenue recognition, identifying and confirming the invoice requirements with the contract department as necessary.
- Collaborating with the Area Manager to devise project structure involving billing, revenue and cost accumulation requirements.
- Performing monthly revenue review and project based for billing submission.
- Accountable for collection and initiate efforts to decrease receivables.
- Maintaining monthly reconciliations of billed/unbilled vs. revenue activities and resolving the reconciling items.
- Assisting in the development of operating budgets and the distribution of financial resources, performing analysis of variances and discrepancies, research financial data within accounting system.
- Analyzing the costs on a year-to-year basis relative to fiscal planning & budgeting activities through collection and assembly of financial data.
- Responsible for processing payroll for 200+ employees with ADP enterprise.
Senior Financial Accountant Resume
Summary : Experienced Senior Financial Accountant with 11 years of experience in the Finance domain, with solid knowledge of US GAAP and accounting systems. Detail-oriented and dedicated to timely and accurate Financial Statements. Successfully passed all four parts of the California CPA Exams. Proactive in identifying problems, implementing solutions, and the standardization of processes.
Skills : MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, ACH And Wire Initiation, Banking Management, Project Implementation, Great Plains, FRX Reporting, SAP, ERP Systems, SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, Peachtree, Oracle, Oracle Discoverer
- In charge of month end close processes which includes monthly accruals and prepayment amortizations, running fixed asset depreciation, and correcting and adjusting journal entries.
- Reconciling the balance sheet accounts which includes all assets and liabilities accounts.
- Maintaining fixed assets schedule including fixed assets roll-forward report, additions, and retirements.
- Preparing accounts receivable aging reports, and allowance for doubtful accounts schedule and journal entry.
- Managing monthly lease schedule which includes ensuring on-time payment, rent abatement schedules, and deposits schedule.
- Filing the monthly sales and use tax in the states of New York, South Dakota, Alabama, Minnesota, and the Ohio quarterly commercial activity tax.
- Preparing property tax reports for branches in the states of Alabama, Florida, Maryland, and Minnesota.
- Maintaining the unclaimed property schedules and reconciliation in all fifty states.
- Assisting in audits by providing documentation of processes, reconciliations, completing audit samples, and explanations.
- Working closely with accounts payable to ensure that invoices are correctly coded.
- Supporting the CFO/Controller by producing reports for KPI which includes underwriting by state report, other Ad-hoc reports, and research of accounting standards.
Financial Accountant Resume
Objective : Financial and accounting professional with over three years of experience in the Healthcare domain, dedicated to providing accurate financial statements and other critical financial information to those individuals who make business decisions on a daily, monthly and annual basis. Especially skilled at meeting GAAP and SOX directives, data analysis, ad-hoc reports, identifying process efficiencies and procedural protocols.
Skills : Excel, SAP, Hyperion, QuickBooks, Fund Ez, Shelby Accounting Software, Microsoft Visual Basic
- Period-end preparation and consolidation of IFRS management accounts and annual and Interim GAAP statutory financial statements.
- Month-end and year-end preparation of P&L and balance sheet review versus budget, forecast and prior periods including variance analysis and commentary for presentation to the Finance Director.
- Performed the balance sheet reconciliation review, flash sales and sales reporting, sales and margin analysis by product, by channel, by geographical location.
- Monitored and reported budget management for various divisions including research and development (R&D), VIIV (HIV), vaccines and Oncology including cost center and functional area reporting.
- Financial management and reported for projects and funding allocation management and reported for healthcare professionals/healthcare officers’ congresses and forums.
- Management of the inventory and revenue recognition processed to ensure the correct and accurate valuation of inventory and recognition of revenue.
- Management of the intercompany process ensured timely, accurate intercompany accounting and the matching of intercompany balances with counterparties.
- Supervised and supported the financial analysts and transactional processing staff.
- Successfully completed the project to migrate the finance function from in-market to the shared service centre in london as the lead financial accountant for my team, becoming the first market to achieve “green” status post migration.