Youth Counselor Associate Resume
Headline : Organized Youth Counselor Associate, successful at managing multiple priorities while maintaining a strong work ethic and exhibiting a positive attitude. Passion in bettering the lives of others through various illness management and recovery skills. Adept at conflict resolution, Experience in crisis intervention techniques. To secure a position within your company contributing to the growth and success of the business.
Skills : Word, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Email, And Multi Phone Lines, Communication, Management, And Interpersonal
- Functioning at all times as a caring, therapeutic cottage team member who serves as a positive role model, particularly in demonstrating compliance with established program policies & guidelines.
- Actively assisting youth to reach his/her goals by listening, teaching & counseling.
- Participating in the treatment team & display an understanding of each youths problems, goals & progress.
- Teaching specific skills regarding problem-solving, living, special projects & basic life skills.
- Recording significant events, behaviors, activities & youths movement in/out of the cottage.
- Filing incident reports, notifying appropriate parties as necessary in a timely manner.
- As needed, coordinating, assisting & supervising meal preparation, meals & cleaning.
- Washing linens, towels & youths laundry as required & supervising collection/distribution of youths clothing.
- As needed, serving on various committees as representatives of youth & staff.
Youth Counselor Supervisor Resume
Summary : A committed and well-motivated Youth Counselor Supervisor who aspires to hold a position in a customer-focused environment where I will be able to interact with customers on a daily basis and deliver high-quality service and support the organization's vision. Highly articulate with a clear friendly voice that offers concise and polite assistance. Seeking an excellent customer service opportunity with a company that utilizes my bilingual and counseling abilities.
Skills : Childcare, Culinary, Cleaning, Customer Service, Management, Office Management, Computers
- Planned, coordinated and conducted activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children and youth.
- Implemented activities and special events that met the physical, social, emotional and cognitive needs of children and youth.
- Assisted children and youth with special projects, homework and life skills.
- Help to establish a program environment that sustained participant interest and promoted positive interactions with other children, youth and adults.
- Helped prepare, arrange, and maintain indoor and outdoor activity areas and materials to accommodate daily skills.
- Prepared and implemented program options for children and youth with special requirements.
- Demonstrated, instructed, lead and facilitated planned and spontaneous program activities.
- Interacted with children and youth using approved child guidance and youth development techniques.
- Interacted professionally with staff members, parents, supervisors, and volunteers.
Bachelors of Science
Youth Counselor And Family Life Educator Resume
Headline : Youth Counselor And Family Life Educator with knowledgeable and experience in the professional setting of the Human Service field. To provide skillful treatment, counseling, and behavioral management to clients age twelve to eighteen with behavior, mental, and physical disabilities in a group home setting. To obtain a position that enhances my knowledge of goals required to be successful at the workplace and community, and to build upon communications skills necessary for success.
Skills : Strong Verbal And Personal Communication, Accuracy And Attention To Details, Organizational, And Customer Service Orientation, Adaptability And Ability To Work Under Pressure
- Coordinated with program staff, residents, volunteer coordinator, and community volunteers to develop consistent, therapeutic, recreational on- and off-campus group activities.
- Ensured upkeep of dormitory logbook recording events transpired every half an hour.
- Served a population of 20 adolescent boys from the ages of 14 to 20 years old in a high-intensity therapeutic environment, who had been exposed to trauma, possess a mental disability or special need and been detained in a juvenile detention facility.
- Recorded notes on the assigned child(ren)'s behavior to compile required reports meeting monthly deadlines.
- Identified individual recreational and volunteer activity needs and resources for residents and coordinated with staff to ensure resident participates in such individual activities.
- Conducted regular focus groups with residents to identify recreational desires of the gap.
- Recorded information on the daily and weekly development on students as needed.
- Provided coordination of structured daily living activities and supervision of young people and line staff in the residential unit.
- Provided for the overall safety and care of residents through appropriate supervision of their activities.
Bachelors of Science
Residential Youth Counselor Resume
Summary : Responsible Residential Youth Counselor, proficient in working as a team or independently. Passionate and motivated, with a drive for excellence. Hard-working with a high drive for success in both slow and busy shifts. Hard Working and dependable. To maximize my experience and knowledge in a residential treatment program by ensuring a safe and warm environment for teenage children through setting boundaries and encouraging positive behaviors and help children to build self-esteem.
Skills : Hard Working, AED Certified, Mechanically Inclined, CPI Certified, Dependable, First Aid Trained
- Greeted visitors or callers and handle their inquiries or direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Counseled clients or patients, individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Developed client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories.
- Prepared, maintained, and contributed to a variety of records and reports to document information relating to youths including, but not limited to, treatment plans, progress notes, population reports, and inventories.
- Communicated with family, social workers, county workers, and guardians to ensure proper care is being provided to residents.
- Strengthened life skills by role modeling and instilling positive attitudes, and behaviors.
- Worked effectively with clients, families, staff, and community to ensure proper care and services for residents.
- Worked with teenage mothers and their infants in a residential facility.
Manager-on-Duty, Youth Counselor Resume
Summary : Manager-on-Duty/Youth Counselor seeking a position where my skills at communication and attention to detail can be utilized. I feel my experiences in communicating with the various agencies, parents, and clients have provided me with experience in dealing with people, especially those that are under some form of duress. Seeking a challenging position within a dynamic organization that will benefit from my hard work ethic and energetic goal-driven perspective. While furthering my knowledge and growth in the educational field successfully providing experience in the areas of guidance and teamwork.
Skills : CPR Certified, Communication, Computer, Legal Research, Family Law, Business Law, Criminal Procedure, American Constitutional Law, Legal Writing
- Communicated the accurate information with both law enforcement and court officers concerning the referral of possible clients to the facility.
- Utilized the electronic monitoring and locking equipment to move residents and staff through the facility by use of the touch screens on the security control board.
- Obtained necessary information from clients who are under stressful situations, having been just arrested/possibly assaulted by officers/intoxicated/and being placed in a locked facility as examples.
- Communicated necessary information concerning a client to their guardian or parent concerning the client's current situation.
- Interacted with clients on a daily basis utilizing counseling skills such as active listening, mirroring, empathy, etc.
- Intervened in verbal and physical altercations and attempting to de-escalate the situation first through verbal intervention and then physically when necessary.
- Wrote pertinent information concerning clients on a daily basis for future reference not only for staff use but also for the possible use by outside agencies.
- Followed and enforce all rules and procedures to ensure a safe and secure setting in a locked facility.
Bachelors Of Sociology
Youth Counselor And Family Life Educator Resume
Headline : Dedicated, a loyal and passionate Youth Counselor And Family Life Educator with outstanding time management and organization skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize while handling a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. Cited as capable of thinking analytically and strategically, known for exhibiting patience, tact, and consistency. Ability to change and be flexible within a program structure. Noted to have strong problem-solving skills with exceptional results and a professional attitude
Skills : Microsoft, Customer Service, Child Care Provider, Bilingual Spanish, Mental Health, Volunteer Services, Community Relations
- Providing parental quality supervision and guidance to minors residing in various facilities of the corporation.
- Encouraging socially acceptable behavior in all situations during the time residents are under my supervision.
- Preparing meals for residents and assist residents in learning how to be self-sufficient.
- Transporting residents to school, appointments, and various recreational outings.
- Accounting for all food, clothes and other items necessary to the proper care of residents assigned to the facility.
- Responsible for assuring the cleanliness, appearance, and maintenance of the facility and surrounding grounds.
- Cooperating and working with staff to meet the needs of the resident in accordance with agency policies.
- Responsible for submitting unusual incident reports which may occur during the shift.
- Assuring that facility grounds are in acceptable condition and all residents, as well as facility keys, are all present and accounted for.
- Participating in staff meetings, training classes, and workshops as required.
Bachelors of Science
Primary Youth Counselor Resume
Objective : Primary Youth Counselor with 4 years of experience helping at-risk youth better progress in their community, while benefitting them emotionally and mentally. A dependable college graduate with excellent time management and problem-solving skills who seeks a dynamic and challenging career opportunity that would contribute to the outstanding success of an establishment via my excellent ability to function at high levels in multiple settings.
Skills : Recording Statements, Writing Of Reports, Drafting Legal Memorandums, Domestic Issues Of Law, Interviewing, Understanding Of Juvenile Delinquency
- In-charge of their progress and compliance with their specific plans.
- Had one to one counseling with each primary a minimum of one hour a week.
- Assisted other counselors with their primaries depending on experience and rapport with that individual.
- Assisted and managed youth in day to day activities in compliance with their treatment needs.
- Ensured completion of daily routines as well as specific program goals.
- Worked with therapists to ensure that groups, as well as individual needs, are being met.
- Facilitated daily groups centered on life skills, anger management, positive self-talk, and relationships.
- Notified the supervisor or therapist of necessary changes in procedures or treatment goals.
- Met appropriate staff to help facilitate all program and individual goals for all twenty-eight residents.
Bachelors of Science
Youth Counselor For Abused And Neglected Teens Resume
Objective : As a dedicated, creative, Youth Counselor and a team player who works well independently utilizing years of behavioral therapeutic work experience to provide effective mental health services for clients as well as their caregivers, in efforts to reduce harmful ongoing tendencies. Bilingual in the Spanish language. Flexible and highly adaptable to new situations using my skills effectively.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Mental Health, Volunteer Services, Community Relations, Networking, Microsoft Office, Training, Case Management, Person/task Centered
- Collaborated with parents guardians and educational personnel on interventions.
- Utilized diverse interventions and counseling methods to model coping skills.
- Established boundaries for children including positive and negative behavior responses.
- Provided direct support to the clients in a twenty-four-hour treatment facility.
- Distributed medications, answered phones and documented information on the client's participation and response to the program.
- Helped clients control behaviors, attend counseling, and participate in the structured program provide for the clients.
- Responsible for providing direct support to client's with behavioral, mental and physical disabilities in a twenty-four-hour group setting.
- Communicated through our computer as well as other resources to communicate with other staff members.
- Talked to the students as needed to help guide them through hard times and situations in their lives.
Bachelors of Science
Risk Youth Counselor Resume
Summary : At-Risk Youth Counselor who is responsible, positive with efficient work ethics, strong organization, thorough research, written and verbal communication skills aiding in diligent documentation as well as data gathering. A responsible professional with 8+ years of experience working with individuals and families in mental health settings. Specializes in providing counseling services, crisis intervention, and case management to students and families from urban communities. Currently seeking to contribute my knowledge, skills, and expertise to support the needs of children and adolescents.
Skills : Networking, Microsoft Office, Training, Case Management, Person/task Centered, Customer Care Experience, Supervisory Experience, Advanced Counseling, ICT & Networking Experience
- Developing relationships with the at-risk teen from diverse backgrounds, providing guidance, mentoring, informal counseling, and recreational outlets.
- Providing therapeutic case management and goal-oriented, solution-focused counseling to youth.
- Facilitating psychoeducational groups for adolescents related to program goals and service-learning activities.
- Providing supervision and support to teens, aged 12-18 in a residential setting, a community-based program and at internship sites.
- Providing consistent, individualized reinforcement to client behavior, using daily issues to teach and reinforce adaptive behaviors.
- Monitoring facilities to maintain and ensure structure safety and a clean environment.
- Making referrals for services and promote programs to improve youth emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Observing and discussing meal preparation and suggesting alternate methods of food preparation.
High School Diploma
Juvenile Youth Counselor Resume
Summary : A qualified Juvenile Youth Counselor with an exemplary record of relevant field experience with trauma, a proactive management style and the proven ability to work well with individuals and families from a diverse background. To seek a position where my education and experience can be fully utilized and enhanced, and I can make a significant contribution to my employer and community. To succeed in a stimulating and challenging environment, building the success of the company while I experience advancement opportunity.
Skills : Recording Statements, Writing Of Reports, Drafting Legal Memorandums, Domestic Issues Of Law, Interviewing, Understanding Of Juvenile Delinquency, Law Office Correspondence, Juvenile Justice, Legal Research, Family Law
- Transporting youth to court, doctors' appointments and facility outings.
- Preparing verbal reports regarding adolescent's participation and progress in the activity program.
- Verbally de-escalating youth when they are acting out using safe crisis management without the need for therapeutic holds maintains the safety and security of the children in care and attends to their needs in a nurturing way.
- Promoting and assisting adolescents with self-help skills in the areas of eating, hygiene and grooming and other acts of daily living.
- Accurately documenting in writing each youth's behavior in the individual record or on department forms.
- Learning how to be assertive and consistent but also showing guidance and compassion when needed.
- Responsible for character education and physical activities for participants.
- Completing and file daily reports including but not limited to tracking logs, communicational logs, progress notes, and others as needed.
Bachelors of Science