Summary : Versatile Accounting and Finance professional with more than 8 years of progressively responsible experience in fast-paced environments. Expertise in profit and loss management and skilled in all basic accounting functions for organizations including payroll, general ledger, and financial analysis. Experience with cash-flow structuring and management and financial and strategic planning. Established reputation for precision and steadiness, while increasing efficiency and identifying areas of improvement.
Skills : ET Quick Books Pro, Microsoft Office - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable, data entry, generating checks, and customer/supplier communication using Quickbooks pro.
- Processing weekly payroll, verifying time cards, generating excel summary spreadsheet and entering data into paychecks.
- Preparing and verifying daily reports, income/sales, journal entries, deposits of ticket sales receipts.
- Reconciling bank account, compile monthly reports, maintaining returned check account, and assisting in preparing a monthly balance sheet and income statement.
- Offering recommendations to management regarding changes in financial transactions as well as cash flow.
- Working on maintaining and tallying accounting ledgers in coordination with accounting departments.
- Responsible for managing cash flow with forecasting and budgeting methods and keeping track of account receivables.
- Recording regularly updated transactions, manually as well as in management database updated and maintained W-4 & direct deposit information as requested by the employees.
- Responsible for the preparation of assigned business units' monthly financial closings and reviews.
MBA in Finance And Accounting
Accountant III Resume
Summary : Detail-oriented, efficient and organized Accountant III with extensive experience of 19 years in the accounting system. Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well thought out decisions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Highly trustworthy, discreet and ethical. Resourceful in the completion of projects, effective at multi-tasking. To obtain a challenging position in the Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable departments to support controller and the Accounting Team in accomplishing company objectives.
Skills : Microsoft Office Excel And Word, Troubleshooting, Taking Initiative And Problem Solving, Highly Organized, Punctual, Responsible And Reliable, Focused, Detailed And Team-work Oriented
- Assisted controller with month end reconciliation by preparing journal entries, AP month end accrual, reversing entries, and re-classing entries.
- Performed account research and created ad-hoc reports to assist the controller with financial analysis.
- Analyzed AP aging turns ratio and performed a weekly review of ap aging with controller for cash flow projection purposes.
- Strategic planning with controller for ap check disbursements based on vendor terms and ap turns ratio to maximize cash flow.
- Ensured that AP is migrating towards best industry practices that will generate higher efficiency, enhance reporting and improve tracking capabilities.
- Collaborated with internal and external auditors in developing, maintaining, and enforcing SOX narratives to ensure proper controls are followed for quarterly and annual audits and reviews.
- Prepared the weekly operational report which served as a benchmark for the Vice President of operations and other management groups to review strategic organizational objectives.
- Monitored operational metrics to identify and resolve issues at the earliest stage possible.
BA in Finance/Accounting
Staff Accountant Resume
Summary : Professional Staff Accountant with 15 years' experience supporting CEO/Owners with environments such as Service and Financial industries. Sincere, loyal and dedicated individual. A well-rounded finance professional with an in-depth understanding of the financial reporting, asset valuations, fund accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, and other corporate finance areas. I am available and eager to apply my dedication, strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills to a Finance/Accounting position.
Skills : Quickbooks, Excel, Word, Accpac, Powerpoint, Access, Peachtree Accounting, ADP, Paychex
- Maintaining accounts receivables: preparing invoices, posting receipts, credit card transactions, collection calls and letters, running A/R aging reports and analysis.
- Maintaining accounts payables: matching purchase orders to the job, posting payables, preparing checks for payments, calling vendors for credit adjustments, maintaining credit applications and limits, collecting lien waivers, collecting and verifying the certificate of insurance, running A/P aging reports and analysis.
- Managing payroll functions: collecting, reviewing and entering employee's daily time for job costing, job scorecard and labor tracking.
- Preparing bi-weekly payroll, making 941, 940, state and city tax deposits.
- Maintaining employee files, maintaining W-4, MO-4, and I-9 forms and reporting, maintaining and reviewing H2B documentation.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly payroll tax reports, verifying and preparing annual payroll tax returns and W-2's.
- Reviewing all insurance policies annually and consider additional bids as the need requires.
- Performing monthly salesperson's job costing reports and commissions: preparing and reviewing each salesperson's commission reports by the cost analysis and performing gross profit analysis for each job, preparing the commission reports and reviewing with the salesperson.
BS in Accounting
Accountant/Financial Analyst Resume
Summary : Trustworthy Accountant/Financial Analyst focused on honoring and maintaining Company ethics. Preserving confidentiality is critical when sensitive information is presented in complex situations. An ambitious self-motivated individual possessing exceptional research and analytic abilities to make sound judgments.
Skills : Quickbooks, Excel, Throughput Accounting, Theory Of Constraints, Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, GL Maintenance, Bank Reconciliations, Budget Monitoring, Payroll Processing
- Providing job costing services for 50+ construction contracts and communicating with the general contractor to coordinate the completion of awarded contracts.
- Ensuring contracts were properly executed by all parties and clarify contractual requirements.
- Coordinating and maintaining records of insurance coverage as required for contracts.
- Collecting vendor invoices, comparing to the estimated costs and preparing for payment accordingly.
- Providing additional accounting services to various industries and entity types including non-profit, corporations, sole proprietors and partnerships in preparation for annual tax returns.
- Maintaining current knowledge of changing tax laws as applicable to various industries is crucial.
- Responsible for the compilation of client records to analyze financial data to facilitate a discussion regarding future cash requirements and liabilities.
- Analyzing the accounting procedures and generating financial statements for presentation to owners, management and/or board of directors with recommendations for increased efficiency and informed decisions.
B.S. in Accounting
Senior Accountant Resume
Summary : Dedicated Accountant with over 10 years of experience and proficiencies in account management, flow, reporting, and across many business areas. Business experience in financial analysis and management. Attention to detail in client management, evaluating economic and business trends, completion of financial details, and organizational skills. Results oriented leader with process management skills to complete tasks within budget and on time. Adept at financial review, research, and analysis in a fast paced environment.
Skills : Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, ADP Payroll, ProSystem Fx Tax, CCH Practice Management, Abacus Accounting
- Performing general accounting and financial activities including journal entry preparation and posting as well as account analysis and accrual/reserve analysis.
- Developing financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow.
- Continuously monitoring all financial and statistical reports for accurate completion of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) financial statement.
- Preparing financial and business related analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments.
- Working closely with other finance teams and with other departments to receive, retrieve and consolidate data and ensure data integrity in reporting.
- Analyzing monthly department budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Consolidating monthly reporting packages, forecasts, and annual budgets and analyze trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures, and other related areas.
- Examining budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Preparing reports as required by management and regulatory agencies as per Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
BS in Accounting
Senior Staff Accountant Resume
Summary : Accomplished, hardworking and technically skilled Senior Accountant with extensive knowledge in accounts payable Known for accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness in executing accounts payable functions and disbursement for diverse-industries, I have an A/P career that spans 22 years backed by solid credentials and proficiencies in generally accepted accounting principle (GAAP) as well as MS Office Word and Excel, Peachtree and QuickBooks.
Skills : SBT, ADP. Kronos, Navision, Quickbooks, Great Plains Timberline And Sage Accounting Software. Skilled In Microsoft Word, Excel
- Prepared detailed schedules used by external auditors and responding to auditing inquiries.
- Prepared and file year-end 5500 series filing for the 401k profit sharing plan.
- Responsible for completing and filing forms W-2/W-3 at year-end and the quarterly uct6 and 941 and 940 tax reports.
- Responsible for the monthly sales and use tax reports for the diesel fuel purchases and the 40th street rental property.
- Responsible for weekly safety meeting paperwork for crew superintendents.
- Responsible for preparation of liens on all new jobs and partial and final release of liens on work in progress and completed jobs.
- Prepared billings to owners processed all overhead invoices, along with some job cost invoices throughout the month.
- Worked on a daily basis with the vendors and subcontractors on issues ranging from billing and payments to insurance and lien waivers, assist in preparing and distributing the job cost reports monthly.
- Responded to requests for information and analysis from the project managers of the companies on various accounting and subcontractor issues.
BA in Accounting
Chief Accountant Resume
Summary : Results-oriented and multi-faceted Chief Accountant
with proven experience in oversight of general ledger, financial analysis and reporting, and reconciliations for multiple companies. Forward-thinking and creative problem solver with demonstrated success in development and implementation of process improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency, while reducing costs.
Skills : Quickbooks, Peachtree, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable
- Prepared financial analyses, financial statements, journal entries and bank statement reconciliations, contributing to: accurate and timely consolidation of 250 branches.
- Consolidated financial information for various business units using the hyperion reporting tool.
- Prepared journal entries for correction of mischarges and accruals.
- Summarized current financial status by collecting information, preparing a balance sheet, profit, and loss statement, and other account information.
- Complied with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepared payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Reconciled financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Managed accounts payable, accounts receivable, and monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
Bachelor in Accountancy
Accountant II Resume
Summary : Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager with ten years of experience implementing accounting systems with a comprehensive knowledge of general accounting, audit, and tax. Through knowledge of all aspects of accounting operation and analysis. Proven ability to manage all aspects of accounting operation, including accounts payable, cash disbursements, accounts receivable, cash receipts, financial analysis and monthly and year-end closing assistance, schedules and responses to an audit request.
Skills : Quick Book, Microsoft Office Suite, Effective Team Player, Project Management, Research & Time Management, Results-oriented, Jenark C3
- Facilitating the management of unit owner receivable, including monthly condominium assessments, work order receivables and other services for residents, tenant and unit owners.
- Assisting the preparation of a $15,000,000 annual budget for a condominium association of 1,460 units, including a five-year capital expenditure schedule.
- Assisting financial management company with the preparation of the monthly financial statement.
- Preparing monthly management report for accounting, including data to explain budget variances.
- Performing monthly reconciliation of bank statements, reserving fund expenditures and oversee the processing of month-end balancing.
- Communicating with residents regarding financial issues (past due assessments, acting as an intermediary between resident and financial management company in the case of billing disputes, etc. ).
- Evaluating the monthly preparation of summarized financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statements, and general ledger.
- Ensuring the department is proper and timely at the reporting process and financial planning.
BS in Accounting
Principle Accountant Resume
Summary : Experienced Accountant with a working knowledge of general accounting concepts and principles. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make strong decisions under pressure. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Highly trustworthy, discreet and ethical. Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities. To obtain a challenging position that will permit the use of my skills and knowledge to maximize company potential while developing additional knowledge and abilities.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Excel, Pathways Financial Management, Hyperion, HBOC, FRX Reporting, PMM And TPS (Tax Professional System). Working Knowledge AS400 And Lotus Notes. Good Organizational, Multi-task Oriented, Self Starter, Team Player
- Maintaining multiple general ledgers and preparing monthly journal entries and account reconciliations as required to timely and accurately close the monthly fiscal period.
- Overseeing entry into and maintenance of financial databases and the fixed asset system.
- Evaluating financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Preparing balance sheet, profit, and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Compiling data for financial studies, complete questionnaires, and prepare tax returns.
- Preparing the lead indicator report (statistics report for executive & mgmt teams) daily.
- Responsible for maintaining complete financial data for multiple facilities.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, including documentation to support all balances.
- Assisting in the corporate merger between 2 multi-million dollar organizations.
A.A.S. in Accounting
Associate Accountant Resume
Headline : Degreed Associate Accountant with 5 plus years of experience in tax compliance, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, and fixed assets. Successful coordination of deadline-oriented projects among various departments and staff levels.
Skills : Advance Knowledge In Microsoft Excel And Microsoft Office Suite, NetSuite Accounting System, Institutional Accounting System, CashPro Financial System, QuickBooks Pro, Bloomberg, DATATEL Colleague, Concur And Outlook.
- Collecting funds and daily reports for deposits from the box office, and development departments.
- Preparing daily deposits by calculating and entering verified daily totals (cash, checks, credit cards) into spreadsheet(s) reporting system.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with all levels of management by telephone and/or email.
- Receiving and opening incoming mailed receipts and matching receipts to completed daily deposits.
- Reconciling monthly financial reports for receipts issued through the student accounting department.
- Working with payroll contacts to coordinate payroll deductions, new member information, corrections, updates, and changes.
- Communicating with members and staff regarding transactions relating to accounts.
- Preparing, paying and filing all accounts payable including travel expenses and corporate visa statements.
- Working with business analyst and developers to develop solutions to financial bugs.
MBA in Accounting