Chief of Police Resume
Summary : Over 26 years of Law Enforcement experience, more than 19 years of management and leadership experience, as well as 10 years of private security in an academic environment. I also serve as the Chief Executive Officer in other vocational areas. Extensive knowledge of modern police practices and methods pertinent to federal, state and local laws with particular reference to apprehension and arrest.
Skills : Security, Law Enforcement.
- Plan, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate police department operations.
- Ensure that laws and ordinances are enforced and that public peace and safety is maintained.
- Exercised supervision over staff directly or through subordinate supervisors by carrying out disciplinary actions for infractions of policy, rules, regulations, laws or ordinances with heavy sanctioning of officer duty or full dismissal, training of officers, as well as promotional and rank placement of officers.
- Creation and execution of Massillon Police Department first Swat Team.
- Implementation and participation in the National Incidents Management System (NIMS) and Emergency Preparedness Operations involving multiple modalities and agencies utilizing the Incident Command structure.
- Ensured efficient operations of the department by developing policies and procedures for the closing of the city jail and transition of inmates to Stark County Sheriffs.
- Established positive relationships with elected and appointed city and community leaders, other law enforcement agencies, business representatives and public by attending community events and council meetings to give briefings on department conditions or other undisclosed information vital to municipal operation and well-being.
Assistant Chief Of Police Resume
Summary : Many years in handling critical incidents. Organizational management and many specialized training schools. To obtain any special certifications if I become a member of the organization.
Skills : Computer Operations.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs through appropriate police personnel, all city police functions including patrol, law enforcement, investigation, police communications, community and administrativeservices.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department.
- Works closely with the City Manager, the City Council, Human Resources and Risk Management, other city departments, a variety of public and private organizations, and citizen groups in developing programs and implementing projects to solve police service problems.
- Confers with citizens and City officials on law enforcement problems and assists in the development of innovative municipal law enforcement policies.
- Represents the city and the Police Department and works closely with citizen groups, public and private officials, and outside agencies; and serves as liaison for other law enforcement agencies to provide technical assistance, and to ensure responsive, appropriate delivery of law enforcement services.
- Actively participates as an Executive Team member of the City's senior management group.
- Prepares and recommends long-range plans for city police service programs; develops specific proposals for action on current and future city needs.
- Directs the preparation and administration of the annual budget for the department.
B.A In Criminal Justice
Deputy Chief of Police Resume
Objective : Resourceful Police Officer focused on maintaining order and public safety, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property and promoting positive community relations. Police Officer who possesses situational awareness and integrity.
Skills : Police Officer/Chief Of Police.
- Manage the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives.
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the departmental budget; approve the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; approve expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; provide and coordinate staff training and career development; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Assume full management responsibility for all department services and activities including law enforcement, security personal, crime prevention and crime suppression programs; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Plan, direct and coordinate, through subordinate level staff, the police department work plans; assign project in programmatic areas of responsibility; review and evaluate work methods and procedure's; meet with key staff to identify and resolve problems.
- Evaluated complaint and emergency-request information to determine response requirements.
- Talked regularly with citizens to establish rapport and become a familiar presence in the area.
- Ran personnel recruitment background investigations and interviewed potential job candidates.
Chief of Police/Commander Resume
Objective : Experienced in numerous types of investigations, from burglaries to narcotics, but specializing in motor vehicle collisions and their reconstruction. I am versed in various forms and types of interview and interrogation tactics and techniques. Career level and volunteer firefighter with a total combined 13 years of combined rescue and suppression experience.
Skills : Law Enforcement.
- Responsible for the creation of a brand new police department for a growing city.
- Responsible for the oversight of not only the day to day operations of the department but also the long term impacts and operations.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the department's Mission Statement as well as its Standard Operating Guidelines manual.
- Responsible for writing several grants that came to fruition, including, a federal interoperable communications grant, allowing the department and its officers to effectively communicate with other agencies as well as install mobile data terminals in the patrol cars to become more effective and provide the ability for each officer to become more self-sufficient.
- Provide a uniformed response to calls for service, initiate criminal investigations, and assess, evaluate and implement solutions to quality of life issues for the city's residents.
- Prepare and maintain the department's budget, while trying to minimize costs.
- Prepared enforceable parking ordinances for presentation to the city council as a means to generate untapped revenue for the city.
- Ensure that all Kentucky Peace Officer training standards were met and maintained and maintain records of that training that were ready for immediate inspection.
Sr. Chief of Police Resume
Objective : Comprehensive law enforcement experience which has afforded a network of associates and resources to draw upon. Have had the opportunity to train, supervise and manage police officers in various aspects of law enforcement and find it very rewarding to act as a mentor and assist them in their pursuit of becoming successful in their chosen profession. Am sensitive to cultural needs and concerns as it relates to law enforcement and municipal services.
Skills : Peace Officer Standard and Training Certified Instructor.
- Supervises the scheduling, maintenance, and justifications of police weapons and equipment.
- Continuously reviews, analyzes, evaluates progress, effectiveness, and needs of the department in order to recommend or improve the overall effectiveness.
- Primary person responsible for the development, implementation, and execution of administrative and budget operations for a 24-hour day, seven days per week police department.
- Operations include patrols, offender apprehension, evidence collection and disposition, police desk operations, game enforcement, police investigations, animal control, traffic-accident investigations, incident notifications, and performance of various investigations as directed.
- As Chief of Police, directs a police department engaged in law enforcement programs, operations and functions.
- Work directly affects the level of physical security of people, property, material and equipment throughout city.
- Activities, functions and services accomplished directly and significantly impact a wide range of agency activities and the work directly involves the provision of essential law enforcement operations to numerous and varied professional and administrative functions.
Bachelor's In Psychology
Jr. Chief of Police Resume
Summary : To obtain a management position, with a thriving organization where I can help grow employees, customer base, and profitability.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Planed, coordinate, supervise, and evaluate police department operations.
- Developed and training employees to achieved maximum company and employee growth, policies and procedures for the department mandated by law, to ensure efficient operations of the department, and to implement directives from the City Council or Business Administrator.
- Planed and implement a law enforcement program for the City in order to better carry out the 2 policies and goals of City Management and Council.
- Reviewed Department performance and effectiveness, formulate programs or policies to alleviate deficiencies.
- Constructed and structured a budget plan in excess of $500, 000 of an annual budget for the department; direct the implementation of the department's budget; plan for and review specifications for new or replaced equipment.
- Directed the development and maintenance of systems, records, and legal documents that provide for the proper evaluation, control, and documentation of the Police Department operations.
- Prepared and submit periodic reports to the Business Administrator upon request, regarding the Department's activities, and prepare a variety of other reports as appropriate.
Master In Public Administration
Chief of Police Head Resume
Summary : Positive and versatile law enforcement professional with sixteen years of extensive experience in Corrections, Patrol, and Criminal Investigations. Proven dedication in protecting and serving residents and property through investigative precision in the enforcement of state and federal laws. Excellent communication, interview, interrogation, and interpersonal skills. Creditable leader with a firm but fair attitude and a reputation for honesty, loyalty, and integrity.
Skills : Microsoft Office.
- Plans, designs, organizes, directs and provides overall supervision of personnel, programs and activities of the Police Department.
- Directs and participates in the preparation of the annual departmental budget, and in the control and expenditure of appropriations.
- Patrols the streets of the city, places of business, and residential districts enforcing city ordinances or state and federal laws.
- Investigates accidents and suspected crimes, reports findings and arrests suspected individuals or takes other action.
- Administer and write investigative reports to be used by the District Attorney General in the prosecution of defendants and testify before grand juries, courts, and administrative hearings regarding investigative results.
- Formulates and prescribes the work methods, policies and procedures to be followed by the department.
- Responsible for maintaining records and reports needed by other law enforcement agencies, units of government, and the city governing body.
- Evaluates employee's performance and recommends performance improvement strategies and decides on minor disciplinary measures and proposes other disciplinary actions.
Chief of Police Lead Resume
Headline : Proactive and forward-thinking Law Enforcement Executive with more than 32 years of progressive leadership experience in police organizations and government, including 17 years as Chief of Police. Solid understanding of change management; able to come into organization and facilitate change and reorganization, surmounting challenges and gaining buy-in of personnel. Emphasizes comprehensive training to enhance professional development throughout department and establishes clear expectation for direction and projects.
Skills : Explosive Entry/Handling Swat Team Commander Years of LE/management/ 20 Year Safe Driving Award.
- Managed operations of police organization with 20 officers and provided strategic vision and coordination to programs, operations, and resources.
- Directed department through three-year accreditation process from Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc., ensuring compliance with all applicable policies (out of 458).
- Negotiated four multi-year employment contracts for officers and clerks through collective bargaining sessions in union environment.
- Led two complex, high-profile, internal investigations and supervised filing of departmental charges as appropriate; issued formal reprimands, counseling requirements, suspensions, and termination.
- Coordinated assessment center process to screen sergeants for possible promotion, including authoring of exercises.
- Mentored and developed supervisory personnel, making assignments that best fit their capabilities; worked with individuals on specific areas such as maximizing availability of staff.
- Encouraged workforce diversity and mentoring by supervisors to help identify potential leaders and offer opportunities for training programs.
Chief of Police II Resume
Headline : Looking forward to securing a position in the private sector, whereby I might thoroughly enjoy coming to work every day and make a difference in the lives of others, by putting my skills and years of experience to good use.
Skills : Training & Development, Leadership, Management, Microsoft Word, Budgeting.
- Works under the general guidance and direction of the Mayor.
- Maintains an effective communication process with the Mayor and City Council.
- Performs a variety of complex administrative, managerial and professional work in planning, coordinating and directing the activities of the Police Department.
- Provides effective leadership insuring that all functions within the Police Department are focused within an environment that is conducive to recognizing the creative attributes of all officers and civilians.
- Managed the department budget by re-evaluating resources and re-aligning line item funds for the most effective use.
- Ensures that the department offers and maintains an effective and positive Community Oriented Policing philosophy for the purpose of maintaining the highest possible credibility level within the area.
- Manages and leads police department staff-including administration, operations Scheduled and maintained training records tracking records, developing and supporting staff to achieve excellence through increased training, responsibility, productivity, morale and retention.
Chief of Police I Resume
Summary : Currently serves as Police Chief with more than 29 years experience; with five years as Chief of Police Department. Nine years serving as Field Services Division Commander providing police services in a university community within a highly diverse setting. Extensive experience organizing team initiatives in demanding and highly critical situations. Maintains effective working relationships with staff members and partner agencies.
Skills : Bilingual-spanish.
- Responsible for Departmental Operations, includes Field Services, Criminal Investigations, and Specialized Services.
- Direct the administration of 22 full-time police officers, communication personnel, and student employees.
- Administers the activities of the Special Events Coordinator to provide police services at over 200 special events per year including large scale operations.
- Previously managed parking and transportation services to ensure customer satisfaction, improved parking facilities, fiscal responsibility, and proper administration of enforcement personnel.
- Manages a departmental budget of $1.8 million dollars; in addition, manage drug forfeiture assets of up to $250,000.
- Responsible for establishing the goals and objectives for the police department.
- Assign and maintain special agents operating with the Drug Enforcement Administration to provide investigative support, prosecution, and participation in asset forfeiture programs.
Chief of Police III Resume
Summary : To utilize my law enforcement training and experience to provide the citizens of New York as well as the community in which I reside with the professionalism and excellence in service they would expect from a public servant.
Skills : Supervision.
- Direct or coordinate an organization's financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Confer with board members, organization officials, or staff members to discuss issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems.
- Analyze operations to evaluate performance of a company or its staff in meeting objectives or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
- Direct, plan, or implement policies, objectives, or activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity.
- Prepare budgets for approval, including those for funding or implementation of programs.
- Direct or coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Negotiate or approve contracts or agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal or state agencies, or other organizational entities.
- Review reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval or to suggest changes.
B. S. In Criminal Justice
Chief of Police Resume
Summary : To utilize my 27 years of law enforcement service, my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, and my cumulative years of supervisory experience to obtain a professionally and personally challenging position.
Skills : Microsoft.
- Performed a variety of complex administrative, managerial and professional work in planning, coordinating, and directing the activities of the Police Department Supervised and coordinated the preparation and presentation of an annual budget for the Department.
- Directed the implemented the department's budget.
- Planed and reviewed specifications and needs for additional personnel and for new or replacement equipment.
- Ensured that laws and ordinances are enforced and that the public peace and safety is maintained.
- Met with elected or appointed officials, other law enforcement officials, community and business representatives, and the public on all aspects of the Department's activities.
- Ensured appropriate and adequate training and development of Department personnel.
- Planed, coordinated, managed and evaluated police department operations.
- Presented agency outreach and community-oriented educational programs pertaining to alcohol/drug awareness and bicycle, bus, pedestrian safety.
Master's In Education