Data Center Manager Resume
Summary : A Commonwealth of Virginia Certified Project Manager focusing in the financial, manufacturing, and educational markets applying a pragmatic and programmatic approach to project management. In addition, possess a solid understanding of VITA (Commonwealth of Virginia Information Technology Agency) Project Management Policy and Standards, PMBOK, and SDLC (software development life cycle) best practices.
Skills : Data Center Management.
- Interfaced extensively with Help Desk teams to provide immediate support on pressing technical issues.
- Served as primary point of contact on a 24/7/365 basis, in charge of coordinating critical disaster recovery procedures directly impacting the stability of data center operations.
- Actived participant in all group meetings and discussion pertaining to integration, consolidation and future Data Center expansions.
- Successfully managed three multi-vendor data centers and twelve computer operators and systems managers in a software engineering development .
- Developed all policies and procedures related to the technical and business activities of each center.
- Improved team morale, developed budgets, sourced and staffed personnel.
- Supervised operational procedures, batch processing schedules, maintained client terminal emulation network, development and maintains of process .
Associate In Computer Science
Data Center Manager III Resume
Summary : Seeking a position where can utilize experience in Project Management, Data Center Management and IT Service Management to influence, enable and lead organizations to excel in the delivery of IT services by employing Project Management and IT Service Management best practices. During career roles have ranged from software development, systems analysis, operating systems programming, mainframe administration, system administration and disaster recovery/ business continuity planning to data center management and IT service management.
Skills : Asset Management, PC Support, MS Office, Linux, Customer Service.
- Managed the day to day activates for the corporate data center and data center staff.
- Performed strategic planning based of an assessment of current and future requirements and identified technology to address these requirements.
- Developed the data center budget based on an analysis of the recurring costs associated with running the data center and the cost of new initiatives planned for the coming year.
- Implemented an alternate site for data center recovery at a colocation facility utilizing existing staff and equipment (where possible).
- Worked on the design of a new data center with a team consisting of consultants, Facilities staff and IT senior management.
- Planned and executed the relocation to the new data center without any unplanned disruption to services.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of all corporate information technology services.
Data Center Manager II Resume
Summary : Senior IT Professional with over 18 years experience managing and designing large scale Data Center Facilities, Infrastructure and Systems Engineering. Extensive experience in facilities management systems, mechanical and electrical systems, Data Center Project Management, Configuration Management, System Management and Change Management. Strong understanding of business as it relates to Information Systems issues. Effective communicator with all levels of corporate and technical management teams.
Skills : Data Center Managment, Data Center Design, Project Managment.
- Responsible for the evaluation, design and implementation of Critical Power Distribution (Switch Gear, UPS systems, ATS/STS, PDU units) and High Density Cooling Solutions.
- Responsible for Data Center Infrastructure forecasting and budgets.
- Responsible for day to day operations of all Data Center Facilities.
- Managed Data Center space planning, scheduling and installation of all Mainframe, Unix and Intel Server hardware, network equipment, and environmental monitoring within the Data Centers.
- Managed all aspects of vendor and service suppliers within our Data Center Facilities.
- Coordinated with site Facilities Management teams to continuously ensure the proper operation of all Data Center Facilities.
- Interfaced for all IT groups regarding evaluation and testing of all new IT equipment being considered for the Data Center Facility.
Continuing Education Course
Data Center Manager I Resume
Summary : Resourceful, innovative, and energetic Data Center Manager with a flair for critical situation management gaining a broad perspective from challenging assignments across a variety of business and technology situations. In-depth knowledge of data center design, critical facility management, and capacity planning.
Skills : Visio, Networking, Microsoft Office, Customer Service.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of three phase power distribution and cooling to support a 4.2 MW UPS system, 1400 Ton CRAC cooling, in a 70,000 Sq ft data center.
- Directed a team of engineers to create an environment focused on safety and reliability within the Data Center providing continuous availability.
- Facilitated continual process improvements through mentoring, training and staff development.
- Acted as the Critical Facilities Liaison responsible for working with different teams and projects in IT and facilities to provide a stable data center environment.
- Included equipment maintenance, inventory, environmental management, and project planning for customer equipment installs requiring both hands-on and indirect management of multiple factors at once.
- Developed initial data center infrastructure Microsoft Project plan for the RTP relocation.
- Identified key objectives and milestones to support the data center move into RTP.
MBA In Human Resource Management
Assistant Data Center Manager Resume
Summary : Data Center to lead the creation and implementation of the Center of Excellence for Analysis and Testing and services strategy while supporting the overall global IT processes. You will establish an on-going operation of innovation, technology roadmap, continuous optimization, efficiency and operational excellence within the scope of the Centre of Excellence for Data Center
Skills : Server Troubleshooting (3 years), HP Open Stack (2 years).
- Responsible for the initial configuration of the data center, the network, servers.
- Helped manage the daily operations at the facility as part of the Centers' management team.
- Helped plan the CLASS IBM data center at the facility used for DRF.
- Managed and approved day-to-day install, change and problem management activities in two 5000 sq ft locations.
- Coordinated equipment migration and integration into two new Data Centers.
- Implemented DCIM application, tracking Power, Cooling and Inventory control.
- Transformed a troubled Communication System (COMSEC) program to a competent program with minimal discrepancies during compliance audits.
Associate Of Science
Associate Data Center Manager Resume
Objective : A highly motivated Information Technology professional with 20+ years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology project management, systems administration, customer service and Information Assurance. Serve as senior IT representative for the FBI Washington DC Field Office. Extensive experience in briefing senior management on technical and non-technical issues, developing policies and standards as well as the development of professional relationships and providing exceptional customer service.
Skills : Manager, Project Management, Supervision, Hiring, ITIL, IT, Customer Service.
- Responsible for personnel management and tasking of 9 employees (six government employees and two contract employees) including completion of personnel evaluations under Army TAPES system.
- Responsible for developing staffing requirements and hiring criteria for technical employees Information Management Planning and Administration Develops and analyzes policies and standards in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) and Army directives for information systems and services to improve customer response and reducing required resources.
- Evaluated resource utilization against available resources and mission requirements to achieve maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Contracted Source Selection Board Member.
- Enterprised Information Systems Responsible for the migration of 7000 email users from local Exchange to Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) cloud email.
- Responsible for managing projects, meeting with internal customers to resolve issues, server installation, data center operations, LAN and WAN .
- Managed direct report by providing daily direction and performance evaluation Data center daily administration, oversight and maintenance Installed .
M.S. In Information Systems
Jr. Data Center Manager Resume
Headline : Experienced Bilingual Spanish and English Information Technology Professional with innovative leadership capabilities and extensive background in designing and implementing Network Infrastructures, Colocation, and Data Center Space Design, Data Center Operations Documentation, Disaster Recovery plans and Business continuity plans.
Skills : Excel, Access, Some SQL, All MS Office, In House Software.
- Contributed to the planning and implementing all disaster recovery and business continuity plans for MDV tenants witch include banks, Hospitals and Fortune 500 companies.
- Generated Sales Leads and Responsible for the full cycle of Data Center Space Sale including facility tours and contract negotiations.
- Performed Business Impact Analysis to provide Upper management with quantifiable benefits and/or exposures for such things as Facility Upgrades, and potential outages.
- Documented and maintained equipment service records, security and escalation procedures for the Data Center and Users in order to successfully meet all compliance standards.
- Successfully met compliance standards for HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI DSS 2.0, and SAS 70 (SSAE 16) SOC I & II.
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining integrity of Mail Server, WINPAK Server, Continuum Server and Foreseer Server support (backup and database management).
- Managed Data Center Security contractors and Contract Enforcement.
BS In Business Administration
Assistant Data Center Manager I Resume
Summary : A dedicated Information Technology Professional known for advancing enterprise opportunities, defining project and business requirements, supporting executive teams, implementing best practices, and building collaborative environments. I am highly experienced in IT security processes, methodologies, and technologies.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Digital Forensics, Network Security,.
- Managed Network Support, Telecommunications, and Computer Operations departments consisting of 14 employees.
- Designed and oversaw implementation of $5 million data center build-out and relocation.
- Delivered a $500 thousand telecommunications and network infrastructure upgrade saving 20% of yearly voice and data costs.
- Developed strategic disaster recovery plan and performed bi-yearly full hot-site tests.
- Produced and presented auditing and risk management presentations for corporate Board of Directors.
- Trained employees on financial security and network security.
- Relocated corporate offices including build-out of new state-of-the-art data center.
BS In Computer Science
Data Center Manager/Operator Resume
Headline : QA Analyst with knowledge of industry standard certification models (SEI, ASQ, ITIL, Six Sigma). Data Center Manager is responsible for managing the IT infrastructure of a company’s data centers. This includes managing the physical, operational, and financial aspects of data center operations.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Managed production control, job scheduling, PCI and SOX regulated processes, hardware technology and equipment installs and upgrades.
- Maintained Metrics for Sysem Availability.
- Implemented 24/7/365 shifts and hired additional staff.
- Management and supervision.
- Responsible for team monitoring over-night batch stream via Control-M job scheduler.
- Worked with development team to institute better job scheduling standards.
- Created several Perl scripts to automate and consolidate Control-m jobs.
B.A. In Business Administration
Data Center Manager Resume
Objective : DOD trained engineer offering 12+ years of experience in communication & LAN/WAN network infrastructure. Possess superb network planning, and analysis skills, with strengths in project management. Well versed in network mediums from copper to fiber optics.
Skills : Oracle, Unix Administration.
- Maintained the day-to-day operations of the Network Solutions datacenter ensuring full system uptime by providing dependable hands on support and troubleshooting for the system administrators at Network Solutions.
- Prepared hardware for infrastructure both growth and then managed the decommissioning of the systems in the datacenter.
- Managed the migrations of systems from Virginia datacenter Created standards to be followed by the system administrators working in the datacenter.
- Implemented barcodes and readers to increase speed and provide accuracy while taking inventory.
- Provided support adding and removing hardware as needed for the operations department.
- Maintained inventory and rack elevation drawings of all hardware in the datacenter.
- Created and implemented datacenter policies.
Bachelor Of Engineering