Database Administrator Resume
Summary : Over 9+ years of experience as a SQL DBA. Strive to bring creativity to problem-solving and have strong time management and organizational skills. Communicate with diplomacy and tact, and work to provide strong customer service focused attitude Responsible for Interviewing, evaluating, training, and developing junior SQL DBA team members.
Skills : Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL, Database Management, Microsoft Administration, Linux Systems Administration, and Linux Systems Administration.
- Supporting the data center move from the children's memorial hospital to the newly built Lurie children's hospital.
- Defining and implementing SQL onboarding process including a residency policy.
- Defining and documenting standards for installations, drive layouts, performance benchmarks, file configurations, shared environments.
- Implementing 9 production and 2 test always-on high availability groups in SQL 2012/2014 which, were a mix of physical and VM servers.
- Architecting the SQL listener on named instances requiring additional configuration.
- Designing and implementing the SQL data layer for a network resource allocation and asset tracking application from scratch to handling the hospital network infrastructure of 30,000 network runs and 45,000 devices at the start of the new hospital.
- Building shared SQL environments in SQL 2008, 2012, 2014 moving away from 1 to 1 application/instance ratio, providing data resources instead of a database server for every need.
- Supporting the data center move at our dr site from an old internal footprint to the new internal footprint.
Database Administrator III Resume
Summary : 12+ years of experience as a Database Administrator (DBA) with extensive experience in database administration, performance tuning, testing and supporting next-generation database high availability solutions in 24x7 Oracle enterprise environments. Proficient in an assortment of technologies, including Oracle 10g/11g, Windows Platforms, and Red Hat Linux.
Skills : Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Red Hat Linux 5.4 Virtual Machine: Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.2.6 Tuning Utilities: SQL Trace, TKPROF, Explain Plan, ADDM, AWR, ASH, ADRCI Backup Tools: RMAN, Cold, Database Management, Microsoft Administration, and Linux Systems Administration.
- Administering database security by creating user logins to different project staff with appropriate roles, monitoring the user accounts, created groups and granted privileges to users.
- Monitoring and executing RMAN backup and recovery, flashback technology, hot/cold backups, archived redo log files and fast recovering area (fra).
- Performing day-to-day activities: such as daily error checks and database health monitoring of physical resources (disk space, memory, CPU, etc. ) and performance parameters adjustment as needed.
- Utilizing RMAN to perform weekly level 0 full backups and daily cumulative incremental level 1 backup.
- Configuring oracle enterprise manager (OEM) to schedule automatic backups.
- Involving in database backup and disaster recovery strategies using RMAN and data guard.
- Providing logical backup of data using oracle data pump utilities (EXPDP and IMPDP) to transfer data from a database or schema to another.
- Performing database refreshes, cloning, and duplication from one oracle database to the other.
- General database administration including management of instances, redo logs, tablespaces, temp space, rollback/undo segments and schema management.
- Coordinating with engineering and database architects in analyzing automated workload repository (AWR) reports and ADR diagnostic utility to improve database response times.
Database Administrator-Intern Resume
Objective : A customer service oriented with the proven abilities to direct a highly-detailed workload, result-oriented goals. Interacting with cross-functional staff in a multi-tasking environment with hands-on, problem solving and result-oriented experience. An excellent communicator, a team player who possesses an in-depth understanding of the need for an organization to boost productivity and maximize profit.
Skills : Database Management, Microsoft Administration, Linux Systems Administration, Linux Systems Administration, Web Development, Web Analytics, Adobe, Application Development, SEO, SEM, Market Research, Internet Marketing, and Application Programming Interfaces.
- Control migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implement and enforce security for all of the oracle databases; the three basic security tasks are authentication (setting up user accounts to control logins to the database), authorization (setting permissions on various parts of the database), and auditing.
- Developed and tested storage strategies and disaster-recovery plan for operational database, delivering a solution that guaranteed recovery performance and high availability.
- Reorganized databases and sized database object to meet standards and improve performance.
- Experience in database server tuning, application tuning, maintaining documentation, capacity planning.
- Performed database tuning, created database reorganization procedures, scripted database alerts, and monitored shell scripts.
- Administration of instances of oracle 10g/11g databases supported on the Unix, oracle Solaris, IBM Aix, hp-UX and windows environments.
- Oracle 10g migration to oracle 11g: selecting the instance to upgrade, analyzing the existing database to make sure it is suitable for the upgrade, creating the Sysaux tablespace which is required for 11g basic proficiency on Linux.
- Performed database duplication for both file-based and ASM based database using RMAN.
- Develop database structure, implement applications, enhance the system and ensure security.
Database Administrator-Intern Resume
Objective : One year of DBA experience in the industry. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) DBA (highest scored 98% in North America in the OCA exam) with extensive qualifications including Oracle 11/10g RAC, EM grid control, active data guard, data analysis, modeling, designing, data formatting, loading, database create and managements (backup & recovery, security maintenances), infrastructure development with multisite networks, hardware/software acquisitions and configurations.
Skills : Technical : Database: Oracle 12c, 11/10gR2, 9i/8i, SQL Server 2012/2008R2, IBM DB2 And People Soft, Sybase, PostgreSQL V9.4, SAP, MS Access Oracle Tools: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle SQL Plus, Oracle RAC,OWB, Data Guard, ASM, Oracle E-Business SuiteR12/SOA, Oracle Identity Manager/Oracle Access Manager/ Oracle Single Sign-On, Oracle SQL Loader, DB Partitioning, Oracle Apex 3.0/3.0.1, Reporting,DB Modeling Tools, DBMS Tools, Oracle Enterprise Management Console, Data Pump, Export/Import, Backups & Recovery,Oracle Identity Manager, Application Server, Monitoring Tools, Oracle Golden Gate 11gR2,Oracle Exadata, Oracle Database Appliance V2.1 SQL Server Tools: SSMS, SSIS, SQL Server Agent, Configuration Manager, Import/Export SQL Data, and SQL DM.
- Provided day to day operational and technical supports for the databases (prod/dev/UAT) and applications issues under oracle RAC 11g/10gr2 enterprise grid control environments.
- Installed, configured and maintained newly created databases (oracle 12c/11gr2 and Sybase 15. X) required for development and testing purposes.
- Setup vendor recommended databases and applications monitoring tools oracle 11gr2 enterprise manager (OEM), fog lights and setup database health alert system.
- Setup databases disaster recovery systems such as oracle 11gr2 (RAC), data guard (active data guard) o monitored the performance of the running production databases (including Sybase control center, PostgreSQL, Oracle Exadata, and OLTP), a user connected session's activities, locks, latches, alert. Log, block corruptions, segment fragmentation, security threats, and tune databases when it was needed.
- Lead the team members (offshore applications developers), wf ICMP applications (Iowa farming mortgage and loan) deployment and provided project progress to the project manager during the weekly meeting.
- Controlled migrations of all database programs (oracle 11gr2), especially database changing, reference data changing and menu changing through the development life cycle.
- Migrated existing old databases (IBM db2, SQL server2005, Sybase, oracle 8i, and oracle 9i) to new oracle 11gr1/r2 database environments using available wells Fargo provided tools and techniques like oracle golden gate tools (manager, extract, pump & replicate processes), Oracle SQL Developer, and Swiss SQL.
- Initiated change management procedure and released new changes into productions and nonproduction database systems environments.
- Implement database auditing, data security and remediate high-risk violation in the production environment.
Database Administrator Specialist Resume
Headline : Seeking to secure a full-time position that will use a combination of my skills in customer service, oral communication, problem-solving and attention to detail in an IT setting.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, VPN, Vmware, SCORM, Windows 7, IIS, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Application Software, Network System Configurations, Web Browser Configurations, Remote Desktop, Adobe, and Blackboard Learn.
- Providing tier III senior systems engineering support for all back-end & front-end windows 08 r2 servers and SQL 08 r2 servers & clusters and 2012 servers.
- Comprising of multiple separate instances of blackboard environments, each servicing different sections and directorates within the army.
- Responsible for performing all after-hours server maintenance, which occurs a minimum of two times per month.
- Monitoring performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Responsible for creating technical reports using ms SQL data and presenting to upper management.
- Field requests from front-end users when data is needed, and write custom t-SQL queries to retrieve the data.
- Analyzing and solving complex problems related to the blackboard application such as troubleshooting content related playability issues, web browser compatibility issues, content collection uploads, and application performance issues.
Software Engineer/SQL Server Database Administrator Resume
Summary : Over 12+ years of experience as a Database Administrator, Microsoft SQL Server database administration experience, with increasing career responsibilities. Skilled in all aspects of data protection (backups, log shipping, disaster recovery, replication), high availability (mirroring, clustering) and performance problem mitigation (tuning, optimizing, configuring). Deep understanding of best practices and the value of data within an organization. Demonstrable history of generating effective solutions to improve efficiency and client satisfaction.
Skills : XML Other Microsoft SourceSafe, Visual Studio, FlexGrid, COM, DCOM, COM+, MTS, MMC, Microsoft Access, Erwin, PowerBuilder, Crystal Reports, and RAID.
- Member of 10 people award-winning technical support team, providing rotating 24/7 support and problem resolution for 100+ healthcare sites with SQL server database installations from several GB to hundreds of GB.
- Batch and VBS Powershell scripts to perform database backups as scheduled tasks.
- Configuration of SQL server transactional replication on 50+ clients, with multiple subscribers.
- Setting up SQL server mail profiles, with jobs to generate reports of successful/failed replications.
- Installation of SQL server 2008r2, 2012 and 2014, service packs and cumulative updates.
- Configuration of SQL server security, domain and application logins, schemas, user permissions, and privileges.
- Designing maintenance plans, customized to specific database usage.
- Data growth rate, index fill factors, data retention policy and identification of data access "hot spots".
- Support: amongst the lowest IRT (initial response time) and TTR (time to resolution) within the support department, maintaining less than 2 hours IRT and 48 hours TTR.
- Averaging 10+ support ticket resolutions per day, with overall support team volume of 150+ incidents per day.
Junior Database Administrator/SQL Developer Resume
Summary : Only One Year of Experience in SQL Server database administration and Developer for very large and complex databases in SQL Server2014 2012, SQL 2008 R2, 2008, 2005. Expertise in Database Administration on Production Servers with server configuration, performance tuning, and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities. Expertise in T-SQL writing stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
Skills : MS SQL Server2014, 2012, 2008, MS SQL Server 2005 Programming: C, C++ & SQL DBA: Database Administration Of MS SQL Server, 2005 Operating System: Windows & Windows, and 9x Tools: Backup Utility.
- Setup always-on high availability on 2012 SQL servers.
- Migrating SQL server from 2008r2 to 2012 on standalone and cluster environment.
- Identify locking and blocking issues using extended events and SQL profiler tuning the production server to get the performance improvement.
- Implemented database mirroring/transactional replication as a part of high availability and disaster recovery.
- Implementation of SQL logins, roles and authentication modes as a part of security policies for various categories of users.
- Restore development and staging databases from production backups as per the requirement.
- Creating backup strategies and scheduling them as a part of database maintenance plans.
- To analyze long running slow queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- Planned the complete backing up of database and restoring the database from disaster recovery.
- Documented and created SLAs (service level agreement) for the server availability in case of disaster.
Senior Database Administrator Resume
Summary : Database Administrator, utilizing over 11 years of experience in the Relational Database Management System, skills in MS SQL Server in the areas of Installation, Configuration, Migration, Security, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, Data Modeling, Maintenance, Performance Tuning as well as development of database stored procedures, triggers, views, functions, constraints etc. Detail concerned with a hardworking professional with an active combination of logical, analytical, communication and documentation skills.
Skills : Database Administrator/Management, Application Design/Development, Project Management, Systems Analysis, IT Manager, SQL, Excel, HTML, CSS, Wordpress, ERP, VBA, Java, Crystal Reports, and Active Directory.
- Monitoring and maintaining large scale (1000+) databases and 45+ SQL servers maintain a mix of standalone and clustered SQL instances plans, performs, and monitors database backups.
- Standardizing the implementation of databases and improves management of dau production and test environments.
- Involving in installing, configuration and administration of SQL server 2005 & 2008& 2012 as well.
- Providing support to application developers in designing and implementing physical database structures.
- Writing stored procedure to audit SQL servers, establish and enforcing security auditing mechanism and performance tuning, optimization researched, designed and tested a migration plan from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2012.
- SQL server performance statistics collection, server monitoring, and performance tuning.
- Database capacity planning, maintenance planning, SQL agent jobs scheduling and troubleshooting.
- Implement and maintain database security, replication, stand by the server, DTS, log shipping, SQL mail manages small, medium and large SQL server 2000 projects.
- Experience writing SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, and functions, creating tables, views, and indexes involved in installing, configuration and administration of SQL server 2012.
- Provide support to application developers in designing and implementing physical database structures.
Database Administrator IV Resume
Summary : 18+ years of experience as a Database Administrator with expertise in hardware and software environment. Proactive, reactive, detail-oriented, dedicated and providing technical support to the database environment (UNIX/Linux, Red Hat, AIX & Windows) management. To ensure high availability, reliability, and efficiencies of the database. With my project management skills, monitored stages of project cycles from business requirements, technical definitions to testing, documentation, production support, training and completion.
Skills : Databases: Microsoft SQL (including replication. log shipping, mirroring, and clustering), Postgresql, MySQL Software/Services: DNS, DHCP, VI, Clustering, TSQL, VMWare/Virtualization, NSI Doubletake, SharePoint 2007, Nimbus Monitoring, NetApp suite of products including SnapManager for SQL, TSM and Data Protect for SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, and Webtrends.
- Tackle MSSQL dba support problems in 24/7 remote environment for the company's strategic solutions/system solutions/data center/managed services division supporting 2,000+ customers.
- Managing 50+ instances of SQL server including performance monitoring, optimizations, backups, error and alert checking, and windows os support.
- Designing, installing and recommending best practices for new customer databases.
- Leveraging knowledge of best practices and SQL 2005/sql 2008 installations to test and develop the installation process for SQL 2008 r2.
- Enabling new offering using NetApp by learning the product and developing a process for snap manager including installation and documentation of a repeatable process.
- Gained SharePoint product knowledge to improve the support of databases required for the back-end of Sharepoint 2007.
- Participating in the cross-functional team designing a new change management process.
- Subsequently selected for change management administrator to implement and continuously improve the process across all technical areas.
- Cdw (continued) representative projects situation: customer databases required migration from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008.
- Creating, tests, and implementing a migration plan to move jobs, users, and data.
Oracle Database Administrator Resume
Headline : 6+ years of IT Industry experience in the field of Oracle Database Administration. Good experience and Through knowledge in the Implementation and configuration of Oracle Real Application clusters 10g, 11g and 12c on active-active architecture, 10g/12c Grid Control, Recovery Manager (RMAN), Data Guard, Automatic Storage Management (ASM), Advanced Replication, Disaster Recovery.
Skills : Administrative, AIX, Apache, ASM, Automate, Automation, Backup, Capacity Planning, Change Management, Interpersonal , Hardware, Concept, CPU, Data Transfer, Database Administrator, Databases, Database, Eclipse, Fashion, Fast, Grants, HP, KSH, Linux, Managing Memory, Windows (95, 98, NT), Migration, Network, Optimization, Oracle 9, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle, and Oracle Enterprise.
- Implementing the code using the DBCR process and automate the script to deploy the code in a higher environment.
- Using the SRDF process to sync up the data guard and using the SCN backup method to sync up the data guard.
- Setting up the new data guard after the creation of a new database, and do failover and switch over based on the requirement.
- Install, configure and support uni-directional oracle-to-oracle replicated environments utilizing golden gate for reporting.
- Using the golden gate process to masking the sensitive data for reporting.
- Masking the critical sensitive data using oracle masking process and implement the full automation of the masking process using Emcli tool.
- Applying the PSU patch every quarterly for every prod and the lower environment in the database and yearly on the cluster using rolling fashion.
- Ongoing proactive database-level performance tuning, with a good working knowledge of Oracle internals.
- Managing appropriate use of free space within tablespaces, reclaimed space whenever possible.
- Creating the 12c multitenant cluster database for new application and provide the end to end support to configure the application to connect the 12c database.