Dean of Students Resume
Summary : Highly qualified Dean Of Students with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : MS Office, Data Entry.
- Department Supervisor of social studies, physical education, ROTC departments Conduct formative observations to improve teacher instructional strategies Research matters of discipline and welfare by conferring with students, parents, teachers, counselors and support service personnel.
- Assists in the dissemination of information regarding school and district programs, policies and procedures to parents, staff and community.
- Serves as Core Team member of the consultation/screening process team.
- As a core team member, assist in the review of an individual student's program adaptations and review the needs for evaluation/testing Collaborates with the Administration and Faculty to develop a behavior management system to effect positive student behavior in the school.
- Work with community and governmental agencies on problems relating to drug abuse, discipline problems and truancy from school.
- Completes other tasks within the Incumbent's area(s) of certification as assigned by the High School Principal and/ or Superintendent within certification guidelines Coordinates the development, maintenance and distribution of student-parent handbooks and similar literature Responsible for Adult Ed.
- Classes & Schedules Coordinates the student attendance function and makes recommendations to the High School Principal for resolution of chronic attendance problems.
Master In Leadership
Assistant Dean of Students Resume
Summary : As Middle School Chairman raised test scores among the students Wrote Grants to provide students will real life opportunities.
Skills : Microsoft Windows 95, 98, and XP Power School and Teacherease Management, systems People Soft payroll system SWIS Management system.
- Supervised 8 certified and 10 non-certified support personnel.
- Conducted pre- and post-observation conferences with teachers to review observations, and evaluations.
- Served as chief disciplinarian for 6th grade and half of the 7th grade; however many times team with Assistant Principal with other grade level discipline problems.
- Attended conferences with students, parents, and teachers; consult with counselors, social workers, translators, school psychologists and nurse to assess the challenges of student behavior.
- Contributed to the academic and social tone of the school through the consistent demonstration of professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Upheld a commitment to educational excellence, establishing and promoting an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
- Participated on committees to address school issues and goals, promoting creativity and career development to all staff, allowing ideas and opinions to be shared Reviewed addressed and monitored data to identify ways to strengthen instruction, increasing awareness and building a knowledge base in effective standards-based grading and reporting practices.
- Integrated content and McREL vocabulary terms and concepts; provided leadership in attaining goals outlined in the Science Partnership Grant and collaborated with Director of Programs to plan ongoing professional development.
Associate Dean of Students Resume
Objective : To obtain an educational leadership position Highly skilled and very student-focused educational leader with a strong commitment to students, staff and parents. Trustworthy and loyal with exemplary communication skills and the desire to develop a strong educational program built on vision, discipline and hard work.
Skills : Type 50+ wpm, Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Exel, Publisher, and Powerpoint, Excellent time management ability.
- Served as the College's chief student services officer and leader of enrollment management efforts for a multi-campus comprehensive community and technical college.
- Supervised the following areas: athletics, counseling, advising, records and registration, financial aid, admissions, TRiO programs, student life, student government, disability services, learning commons and Veterans' services.
- Responsible for the supervision, leadership and professional development of over 40 team members.
- Chaired and facilitated multiple committees, task forces, training sessions and team meetings.
- Served as the College's ADA Compliance Officer, Drug and Alcohol Compliance Officer, Student Conduct Officer, Non-discrimination Decision-Maker, and Federal Compliance Officer.
- Lead the Student Services Department through significant reorganization with an emphasis on providing cross-training and development opportunities to staff, enhancing efficiencies, and ensuring quality customer service while undergoing budget reductions.
- Lead the Student Services Team through the development of their mission, vision and values statements as well as a statement of service philosophy.
- Developed and implemented a departmental strategic planning process that has been replicated in other areas throughout the college.
Dean of Students III Resume
Headline : Working in a high-poverty school and passion for quality educational environments to help people get high quality education and complete college.
Skills : Microsoft office, Google Docs, Publisher, Publisher, Microsoft word.
- Administers disciplinary procedures in accordance with school policies and state laws; receives referrals and confers with students, parents, teachers, community agencies, and law enforcement; responds to and resolves parent, student, and staff concerns and complaints; handles student discipline referrals from staff; serves on discipline task forces as assigned.
- Collaborates with the staff in the enforcement and implementation of the rules and other regulations of the student code of conduct to effect positive student behavior in the school.
- Maintains discipline records of incident and action taken.
- Utilizes DASL programming system to report discipline data to school board and state on a monthly basis.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of intervention programs that address the needs of at-risk and/or high needs students in a high-poverty charter school.
- Works with the principal to establish a safe and secure learning environment for students.
- Implements plans for emergency situations in collaboration with other administrators and staff.
- Assists with marketing strategies and community events to meet enrollment goals for the academic year.
Dean of Students II Resume
Summary : A high-energy, enthusiastic and dependable educational professional with proven ability to create and monitor athletic operations and promote a safe learning environment athletes; ensure a team culture that encourages continuous improvements for the program; able to excel in challenging and competitive environments. Committed to team achievement and player academic standing to ensure long-term success of every player.
Skills : Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite and have database experience.
- Planned and facilitated meetings for the Guidance Department to discuss student specific issues and solutions, ultimately developing school-wide guidance systems including a bullying response protocol, positive rewards systems, and detention.
- Created an online data collection system analyzing student removals; used data to inform staffing decisions.
- Served as a member of the Leadership Cabinet that assessed the strengths and weaknesses of the school and made proposals to address those issues.
- Proposals included the creation of teacher and student inquiry groups around student apathy and school spirit and an evaluation process to assess the effectiveness of and alignment with the school's mission.
- Facilitated problem-solving conferences with teachers, students, and families to address problem behaviors and develop strategies for changing those behaviors.
- Co-developed strategies with teachers for improving student behavior including subtle signaling, physical classroom arrangements, lesson structure and differentiation.
- Developed and led culture initiates such as the BLS 5, 100% Respect campaign and staff culture workshops.
Dean of Students I Resume
Objective : Dedicated and qualified employee who can quickly gain respect within my work environment. Skilled at providing a positive direction and atmosphere for my colleagues and customers. Highly experienced in working with and bringing the best out of a team and through my strong communication skills.
Skills : Management, HTML, Data Entry, Desktop Support, Java.
- Working closely with Principal to establish a positive, structured, achievement-oriented, and creative school culture.
- Supporting teachers to hold all students to high and consistent behavioral expectations.
- Serving as the point person for dealing with behavioral crisis-intervention and acute behavioral issues.
- Acting as a resource to teachers in their instructional practice, especially as it relates to issues of discipline, relationships with students, classroom management, and school culture.
- Assisting teachers, students, and parents in the effective creation and implementation of individual behavior plans.
- Proactively circulating throughout classrooms and hallways during the day, to gain valuable context on student behavior and help support positive school culture Monitoring behavioral pull-out and in-school suspensions.
- Ensure that behavioral expectations and school culture standards are met outside of the classroom as well as inside, including establishing and monitoring bus behavior/culture as well as cafeteria/meal time behavior and culture.
Dean of Students I Resume
Objective : Highly qualified Dean Of Students with experience in the industry. Enjoy creative problem solving and getting exposure on multiple projects, and I would excel in the collaborative environment on which your company prides itself.
Skills : PC and MacIntosh environments.
- Provide crisis intervention to students when difficult situations occur at schools.
- Confer with parents or guardians, teachers, administrators, and other professionals to discuss children's progress, resolve behavioral, academic, and other problems, and to determine priorities for students and their resource needs.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Prepare students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Evaluate students' or individuals' abilities, interests, and personality characteristics using tests, records, interviews, or professional sources.
- Identify cases of domestic abuse or other family problems and encourage students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
- Collaborate with teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of school programs and in the preparation of master schedules for curriculum offerings.
Bachelor Of Arts
Interim Dean of Students Resume
Summary : Population of over 1000 students and 30 faculty members. Interacted with University administrators, community and civic leaders, local secondary and higher education school officials.
Skills : Teaching.
- Contributed to company goals through training programs and company culture drivers.
- Developed and implemented store manager training program for 450+ managers including training manuals, facilitator guides, and activities helping grow the company from four stores to 250.
- Facilitated a 4-day class on basic management, performance management and company culture receiving a 98% participant satisfaction rating from 150 participants annually, 1000+ participants total.
- Led a 3-day advanced leadership course on goal setting, coaching, and company culture for 90 participants annually, 700+ participants total.
- Facilitated a human resources/company culture orientation for two to five international franchise groups annually.
- Provided on-boarding for all corporate executive, management, and entry level positions and all field executives.
- Drove company culture through events and programs for 7,000+ associates managing the $78,000 budget.
- Managed $720K budget for 3-day event for 620 international guests.
Master Of Arts
Dean of Students Lead Resume
Objective : Motivated, with strong communication skills able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and maintain calm in fast paced environments. Ready to continue leveraging versatile knowledge and skills to positively impact an organizations goals and initiatives.
Skills : Taught Accounting, Business Law, Handled high school discipline and attendance issues.
- Organize and implement school-wide initiatives and events.
- Research, recommend, develop, and implement new initiatives that strengthen student's success.
- Provide orientation for new students and making them familiar with behavior norms, other stuffs and faculties.
- Provide necessary counseling to children especially when they are need of becoming familiar with various school rules and regulations.
- Provide proper motivation to the students participating in various social and cultural activities run by the school.
- Security Guard, Harlem Children's Zone New York, New York Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
Dean of Students Head Resume
Summary : To obtain a position as Dean of Students where I can facilitate, assist, and promote student safety and discipline conducive to an effective learning environment that is an acquisition of secondary/post-secondary education, trainings and other productive endeavors for all students.
Skills : Executive Leadership Project Management & Development Budget Execution Team Building & Coaching Personnel and Project Safety Process Improvement Superior writing/presentation skills.
- Promoted due to leadership, motivation, interpersonal, and communication skills to lead professional staff and student body in achieving defined academic standards.
- Managed 15 professional and ancillary staff members in developing and delivering curriculum.
- Coordinated a wide range of programs, including challenge program; provided professional evaluations, fostered professional development, and applied disciplinary standards.
- Managed $53,000 budget and wrote numerous successful grant proposals.
- Collaborated with professionals to design curriculum standards aligned with state requirements; implemented new curricula.
- Established and managed productive institution/community/patron relationships; managed testing functions.
- Organized internal training and delivered frequent staff presentations.
- Key Achievements: Oversaw successful implementation of three comprehensive programs designed to enhance student capabilities and provide support for parents of gifted students.
Bachelor Of Science
Dean of Students/PE Teacher Resume
Headline : To become an inspirational mentor and advisor to post-secondary students throughout their academic pursuits, social development, and in preparation for occupational readiness. Committed myself to assisting the youth of today achieve their educational and occupational goals of tomorrow. I offer extensive educational and professional experience, coupled with a guidance background, which will serve me well in the support of student life readiness beyond school.
Skills : MS Office.
- Led the retention committee and school retention efforts in order to secure a 95% retention rate.
- Worked closely with students, their families and school officials to ensure students' overall success in their post-secondary education.
- Conducted quarterly staff performance evaluations to assess possible salary increases for Hospitality Arts and Graphic Design department heads.
- Provided comprehensive overviews of Antonelli College's health care package and benefits for 40 employees.
- Co-created the new student orientation curriculums for 300 students and conducted New Hire Orientation for all new employees of Antonelli College.
- Served as the Director of Professional Development for 30+ staff members, including class management, creating effective assessments and leadership development courses such as reporting and analyzing student data.
- Coordinated on-campus activities such as open houses, career fairs and mentor programs for all Antonelli College students.
MS In Education
Dean of Students Resume
Objective : Highly skilled professional with over 10 years experience working in support of teachers, students and families. Recently Supervisor of a public school UPK Program. Experienced with supervising new teachers. Three years in position of Dean of Students. Demonstrated leadership in developing and promoting a school environment sensitive to the needs of a multicultural student population. Substantial knowledge and experience with CPSE and CSE procedures and regulations.
Skills : Leadership, New Teacher Supervision, Higher Education, Mental Health Counseling, Substance Abuse Counseling, Early Childhood Education, School Social Worker, Special Education, Conversational Spanish.
- Support the day-to-day functioning of a school building under the direct supervision of the District Deputy Superintendent.
- Work with building administrator to maintain a quality learning environment and serve as principle designee in periods of absence of the building administrator.
- Support teachers inside and outside of the classroom with resources and strategies to effectively manage the classroom culture and to respond to students' cognitive and affective needs.
- Worked with teacher leaders, building administrator and PTA to organize events focused on increasing student and parent engagement.
- Interface regularly with community organizations and with faculty, staff and administrators district-wide.
- Provide new teacher orientation and professional development.
- Leader on Data Inquiry Committee to review assessment data and develop plans for supporting students' academic progression.
- Address all student disciplinary concerns.
Doctoral In Education