Emergency Department Registered Nurse Resume
Objective : Experienced Home Health and Hospice Clinical Supervisor with strong leadership and relationship-building skills. Energetic and motivated employee who strives every day to make a difference within the department. Genuine and compassionate nurse with 17 years of experience. Half of career has been in home health and hospice..
Skills : Microsoft- Word, Excel, Acess, Power Point, Cerner And Meditech Electronic Medical Records.
- Performs triage and assigns patient according to level of care.
- Collects current information on symptoms and detailed history.
- Coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Records current vital signs.
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Works directly under physicians, assisting them with exams, diagnostic testing and treatments.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, intramuscular, and IV) prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments to physician.
Sr. Emergency Department Registered Nurse Resume
Summary : To obtain a Emergency Department Registered Nurse career that allows opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Skills : BLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC, ENPC.
- Assessment and quality emergency care of children and adults.
- Triaged urgency of treatment.
- Served as patient advocate.
- Initiated IV's, blood, urine and other specimen collection.
- Inserted nasogastric tubes, urinary catheters and rectal tubes.
- Applied orthopedic splints/devices (plaster, metal, air splints).
- Assisted physician with lumbar puncture, suturing, ENT procedures, pelvic exams, chest tubes, intubation, and conscious sedation.
Jr. Emergency Department Registered Nurse Resume
Objective : Dedicated licensed nursing professional with strong analytical skills and diverse knowledge and experience gained through positions in Oncology, EMR, Medical-Surgical, Emergency, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Telemetry, Geriatrics, and Family Practice clinics. Commended by supervisors for developing strong working relationships, an eager team player attentive to patient's needs with excellent clinical skills, efficient at balancing multiple tasks at once, communicates effectively and efficiently, does an exceptional job at meeting deadlines and is the 'go to girl' with technological needs.
Skills : Computer, Customer Service, Assessment, Client Relationship Management.
- Triaged a diverse population of ED patients in a rural hospital while considering both physical and psychosocial elements.
- Efficiently and knowledgeably provided RN care for all ER patients.
- Handled intubations, defibrillations, autotransfusions, IV starts, splinting, suturing, lab draws and more.
- Leveraged interpersonal communication strengths to establish rapport and build trust with patients and families.
- Managed basic life support needs and stabilized patients until attending physician was available, according to standard nursing protocols and procedures.
- Worked directly with physicians in administering treatments and in performing medical examinations, diagnostic tests and surgical operations.
- Prepared, administered, and recorded prescribed medications.
- Reported adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance to policy standards.
- Reported any suspected abuse to the proper authorities.
Emergency Department Registered Nurse I Resume
Objective : To obtain a Emergency Department Registered Nurse position within a dynamic healthcare system where can utilize communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills in conjunction with quick learning ability to secure a professional position in the nursing field.
Skills : Computer, Customer Service, Assessment, Client Relationship Management.
- Performs physical assessments, nursing diagnosis, and manage the planning and implementation of interventions.
- Evaluates episodic and acute responses to broad classifications of physical or psychosocial issues.
- Tracks lab values and test results, updating physicians when appropriate.
- Orients and trains newly hired staff nurses, and nursing students in areas of patient care, policies, and procedures with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Assigns as Charge Nurse at least once a week: supervise nurses, PCTs, and all functions within the unit to ensure it runs effectively.
- Triages incoming patients using the (ESI) 5 Level Triage Algorithm.
- Ensures the provision of quality emergency medical care to patients requiring emergency treatment in accordance with physician orders, hospital policy, and standard nursing practice.
- Coordinates patient referrals and discharge planning activities.
Emergency Department Registered Nurse II Resume
Headline : To obtain a position within a dynamic healthcare system where can utilize communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills in conjunction with quick learning ability to secure a professional position in the nursing field.
Skills : Public Speaking, Critical Care, Management, Research.
- Conducts licensure and certification inspections.
- Investigates complaints of regulatory violations in healthcare facilities.
- Creates written documents detailing findings of non-compliance in healthcare facilities and descriptions of information gathered.
- Participates in conferences, webinars, and other types of training to improve knowledge and skills related to regulation of healthcare facilities. Work with families to create a case plan for addressing and correcting issues within the household.
- Makes referrals to outside community resources to assist the family in overcoming identified barriers and to keep children safe in a permanent home and promote their wellbeing.
- Enters case information into the computer.
- Completes court reports as needed.
- Provides testimony during administrative and judicial hearings.
- Works closely with community partners such as law enforcement, school system.
Emergency Department Registered Nurse III Resume
Summary : Emergency Department Registered Nurse consists of working with paired mentors for each participation in shared didactic clinical and professional education and case conferences.
Skills : Telemetry, Phlebotomy, Porta Cath, IV, Central Lines, NG Tubes, Peg Tubes, Wound Care And More.
- Manages patients' airway or pulmonary status using techniques such as endotracheal intubation, mechanical ventilation, pharmacological support, respiratory therapy, and extubation.
- Assesses patients' medical histories to predict anesthesia response.
- Prepares prescribed solutions and administer local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetics following specified methods and procedures.
- Selects, orders, or administer anesthetics, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids or blood products as necessary.
- Monitors patients' responses, including skin color, pupil dilation, pulse, heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, ventilation, or urine output, using invasive and noninvasive techniques.
- Responds to emergency situations by providing airway management, administering emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Administers post-anesthesia medications or fluids to support patients' cardiovascular systems.
- Inserts peripheral or central intravenous catheters.
- Performs or evaluates the results of diagnostic tests such as radiographs (x-rays) and electrocardiograms (EKGs).
Asst. Emergency Department Registered Nurse Resume
Objective : A full time Registered Nursing position in a results-oriented company that seeks an ambitious and career conscious person where patient care and education will be utilized toward growth and advancement.
Skills : McKesson, Allscripts, and AthenaHealth EMR experience;.
- Interviewed patients to obtain present and past medical problems, allergies to medications, onset of current symptoms, vital signs, and medications presently taking, and entered all information into EPIC.
- Inserted IVs accesses ports, obtained blood work, administered IV, IM, sub-q, and PO medications, inserted urinary catheters.
- Assisted physicians with procedures.
- Preformed discharge teaching to patients, including wound care, how to take prescribed medications and side effects of medications, diet restrictions.
- Called report to nurses and transferred patients to other facilities per EMTALA guidelines.
- Maintained patient privacy.
- Followed hospital, HIPPA, and JCAHO regulations.
Associate Emergency Department Registered Nurse Resume
Headline : Seasoned as a friendly, dedicated, caring, and reliable Registered Nurse with strong backgrounds in emergency, ambulatory, and long-term care nursing. Experience as a nursing supervisor/charge nurse with strong personnel and problem solving skills. 23 year military medic veteran with flight medicine experience to include instructor/trainer. Proficient with electronic medical record documentation to include Meditech, Cerner, AHLTA, and CHCS.
Skills : Legal Research, Medical Billing And Coding, Management, Electronic Medical Records.
- Responsible for the implementation of safe, therapeutic, and efficient nursing care as defined within scope of practice while providing patient care within this 34 bed emergency department.
- Administered all medications ordered by the medical provider to include IV fluid and drug therapy.
- Performed extensive venipuncture, obtained lab specimens, and initiated patient hemodynamic monitoring.
- Performed general nursing care from time of admission into the emergency department to discharge to include patient/family teaching and discharge instructions.
- Completed initial assessment assigning acuity level via the 5 level Emergency Severity Index, implemented appropriate protocols currently in place, and assigned patients to either the main emergency department or to express care based on acuity level.
- Delegated responsibilities to unlicensed nursing personnel as defined within their scope of practice and assisted with training as required.
- Performed Charge Nurse duties as assigned ensuring smooth and efficient patient flow throughout the emergency department and the express care.
Lead Emergency Department Registered Nurse Resume
Summary : To professionally participate in a fulfilling, patient-centered Emergency Department Registered Nurse position which utilizes skills and emotional intelligence.
Skills : MS office, Patient care
- Responsible for Delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Directs and coordinates all nursing care based on established clinical nursing practices.
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes Document diagnosis and progress on medical records; maintain high levels of readability and accuracy on ProMed computer software.
- Supports the organization vision and mission.
- Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care.
- Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
- Performs specialized, lifesaving treatments such as CPR, ACLS, and PALS.
Emergency Department Registered Nurse Resume
Objective : To expand Emergency Department Registered Nurse career into Plastic surgery practice and to transition into a RN Nurse injector while providing quality health care to all patients.
Skills : Emergency Room, Management.
- Responsible for Accountable for assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care through evidence-based practice and high above the standards of care.
- Demonstrates efficient time management skills by prioritizing patient care based on patient acuity level.
- Effectively manages rapidly developing or emergent situations.
- Identifies and participates in clinical decision-making by utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Coordinates care by communicating with patient, family, and medical staff.
- Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics and patient advocate according to age appropriate care, devolvement process, and culture.
- Educates the patient and family members during Emergency room stay through discharge, regarding disease process, individual care needs, safety concerns, and medications.