Front Office Assistant Resume
Objective : Front Office Assistant with 4 years of experience in office functions. To obtain a position in Customer Service / Administration Ability Summary Excellent interpersonal, phone, and email communication skills Proficient in all of the standard office equipment Experienced in preparing provider schedules Expert in conflict resolution Team oriented.
Skills : Excellent Interpersonal, Phone, And Email Communication, Office Equipment, Experienced In Preparing Provider Schedules, Expert In Conflict Resolution, Team Oriented
- Contacted patients via phone to give denial notice and offer other options.
- Documented patient charts for medication pick-ups, phone conversations, and provided customer care to unsatisfied patients.
- Completed duties related to patient care and provided caring customer service as needed per providers' standards daily.
- Offered patients a meet and greet appointment to tour office and meet provider with the goal of setting up a new patient appointment.
- Kept patient appointments on schedule by notifying the provider of the patient's arrival.
- Identified current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers.
- Ensured availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts.
- Verified patient's eligibility and claims status with insurance agencies.
- Adeptly managed a multi-line system and pleasantly greeted all patients.
High School Diploma
Medical Assistant/Front Office Assistant Resume
Objective : Medical Assistant/Front Office Assistant with a goal to establish an advancing career in Medical Administration through gaining newer and more valuable experiences, knowledge, and skills Contribute, harness, provide and enhance my interpersonal, organizational, customer service, and technology skills to better serve my community.Energetic, results-oriented team-player eager to bring strong administrative skills to a growing company in need of top-level support.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Cash Management, Organizational Leadership, Organizational, Information Technology, Mac OS X, Excel, Administrative Assistant, Administrative Support, Administrative Duties
- Greeting, signing in, and highlighting the patients' names immediately, notifying the appropriate provider of patient arrival.
- Collecting and receipting payments accurately, act as an information resource to patients/visitors, and verify all patient registration data, following through with all changes.
- Scanning the provider schedules in detail to ensure appropriately scheduled appointments, alerting the supervisor to any concerns/issues, and to verify providers are accurately scheduled out for meetings, days off, etc.
- Scheduling appointments according to individual provider attributes and department guidelines.
- Maintaining the knowledge of computer scheduling functions, using proper registration protocols with all new patients, editing existing patient data, and utilizing proper visit types.
- Utilizing tools and resources appropriately to offer information and match patients' needs with services and protocols.
- Assisting new patients with patient information forms and properly verifying insurance eligibility for all appointments.
- Escorting or directing patients to the appropriate waiting area for medical services.
Masters in Healthcare Administration
Medical Coordinator/Front Office Assistant Resume
Objective : Patient-focused Administrative Assistant with more than 2 years of experience working in a busy medical office serving diverse populations. Skilled in tackling administrative and patient-oriented tasks in a fast-paced environment. Ability to readily adapt to changing environments and demands. Adept at verifying insurance coverage, reviewing records, scheduling exams and updating patient information. Previously supported 35 nurses in a busy home-care office setting. Strong attention to detail, professional telephone etiquette and organization skills. Technically-adept with advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and experience creating Excel databases and PowerPoint presentations as needed.
Skills : 80+ WPM Typing Speed, Appointment Setting, Professional Phone Etiquette, Team Building, Excellent Communication, Advanced Clerical Knowledge, Database Management, Multi-line Phone Proficiency,
- Answered and managed incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages.
- Greeted numerous visitors, including patients, doctors, physician assistants, and pharmaceutical representatives.
- Maintained a clean reception area, including lounge and associated areas.
- Compiled patient information and related materials and distributed it to other physician offices.
- Assessed urgency and priorities before accepting or declining emergency appointments.
- Screened all patients and directed them to the correct employee or office.
- Obtained signatures for financial/billing documents, HIPAA privacy notices, and Hixny paperwork.
- Evaluated patient care needs, prioritized the treatment, and maintained patient flow.
- Professionally and courteously verified appointment times with patients.
AA in Business Administration/Management
Lead Front Office Assistant Resume
Summary : Lead Front Office Assistant with experience supporting several physicians in a busy medical office. Expertise includes verifying insurance coverage, records reviews, and schedule maintenance as well as customer service-oriented skilled in greeting patients, scheduling appointments and preparing patient charts. Skill Highlights Maintains strict confidentiality, Exceptional customer service, Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Reliable software, Friendly, Ophthalmology coding, Energetic HIPAA compliance, Approachable, Strong planning skills, Management of remote employees, Patient-focused care, Active listening skills, Strong work ethic, Courteous demeanor, Team player with positive attitude, Deadline-driven, Exercises good judgment.
Skills : Word, Excel, PPO, Powerpoint, Multi-Line Phone System, Appointment Scheduling, Insurance Verification, Charting, Filing, Fax
- Strictly followed all federal and state guidelines for release of information.
- Examined diagnosis codes for accuracy, completeness, specificity, and appropriateness according to services rendered.
- Accurately entered procedure codes, diagnosis codes and patient information into billing software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security regulations by appropriately handling patient information.
- Consistently informed patients of their financial responsibilities prior to services being rendered.
- Remained up-to-date with all insurance requirements, including the details of patient financial responsibilities, fee-for-service and managed care plans.
- Performed quality control of the data entry system to verify that claims and payments were posted correctly.
- Efficiently performed insurance verification and pre-certification and pre-authorization functions.
Bachelor's of Science
Front Office Assistant/Medical Assistant Resume
Summary : Front Office Assistant/Medical Assistant with more than 12 years of progressive experience in the administrative/medical industry which includes: Administrative/Healthcare Support, Medical Records Technician and Quality Assurance. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of HIPAA regulations. Knowledge of PIMS/AWARS software. Detail oriented, multitask, medical terminology. Performed filing, retrieving, processing and quality assurance of medical records. Data entry. Scanning medical records. Collection of blood for gas samples. Monitor patients in the Intensive Care. Set-up tubes for patients in critical condition.
Skills : Clinical Experience, Medical Terminology, Alphabetical/numerical Filing, Strong Medical Ethic, Organizational, Customer Service
- Welcoming all Medexpress patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answering inquiries and directs them through the registration process.
- Utilizing a multi-line phone system, fax machine, printer, copier, and scanner to process patients through the Medexpress process.
- Registering patients, verifying insurance eligibility, and collecting payments through various software systems.
- Collecting all insurance information, verifying patient demographics, process payments, post patient balances, and complete phone sheets.
- Maintaining a neat and clean work environment and professional appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.
- Answering multi-phone lines, filing, faxing, scanning documentation and completing daily patient callbacks.
- Discharging patients, assist office and clinical staff and close office at the end of the night.
- Answering phones, scheduling patients, EMR, opening and closing duties of the office.
Receptionist/Front Office Assistant Resume
Objective : Motivated Receptionist/Front Office Assistant with medical office and computer skills seeks a position working in the medical front office or medical billing. Easy going demeanor and excels in a fast-paced work environment. Flexible for change. Medical office externship experience. Technologically competent, with exquisite interpersonal and customer service skills. Dedicated and driven as a self-motivated and hardworking individual. Exceptionally versatile and adaptable.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Front Desk, Check-in Check-out, Insurance Verification, Referrals, Scheduling, Pre-cert/pre-auth
- Responsible for answering and transferring phone calls with four lines.
- Responsible for greeting up to 120 visitors per day, distribute and collect proper paperwork to patient depending on their visit.
- Attentively reviewed paperwork collected from patient and therapist filing and scanning patient charts into the company system, attached patient's documentation into the correct profile.
- When patient documents are correctly attached in its proper place, reviewed documents in the system before submitting documents to the corporate system.
- Responsible for faxing/receiving patient notes from patient/doctor/lawyer/workers compensation.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.
- Developed constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Performed day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
Master Of Education
Front Office Assistant/Medical Receptionist Resume
Headline : Efficient Medical Front Office Assistant skilled in tackling administrative and patient-oriented tasks in a fast-paced environment. More than 5 years of experience working in a medical office. Knowledgeable and adept at verifying insurance coverage, reviewing records, scheduling exams and updating donor information. Previously supported up to 5 physicians in a busy medical office setting. Recognized for superior business decorum - poised in high pressure, fast-paced business environments. Strong verbal and written communicator with strengths in opening relationships while maintaining confidentiality.
Skills : Medical Terminology, Medical Law And Ethics, Insurance, Experience, MS Office, Excel, WordPerfect, EMR System, Proficient With Ten-key Touch
- Collecting patient demographic data, analyzing health insurance benefits and verifying insurance eligibility.
- Obtaining and recording patients' vital signs, receiving telephone calls and providing relevant information.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments, handling incoming and outgoing correspondence, processing requests for medical records.
- Collecting, sorting, distributing, or preparing mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Obtaining consent to perform clinical patient intake and verification, performing clerical and administrative tasks, ie; operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Maintaining and updating filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, both manually and automated.
- Operating office machines, such as photocopiers, scanners, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Assisting staff, patients, and vendors by providing information, processing orders, and addressing complaints.
Front Office Assistant Coordinator Resume
Summary : Experienced Patient-focused Front Office Assistant Coordinator with 23 years of experience working in a busy medical office serving diverse populations. Skilled in managing front office functions including insurance registration, patient appointments, billing and collections, and records management. Interacted with customers and utilized excellent organizational skills to arrange and coordinate special requests that include guest and customer care, problem solving and reservations. Scheduling and training of staff while functioning as Night Auditor. Scheduling and training of staff while functioning as CNA and CNA Coordinator.
Skills : Administrative Support, File, Greet, Invoices, Office Assistant, Proofreading, Schedule Appointments, Scheduling, Switchboard, Telephone
- Operating office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, or medical records.
- Greeting visitors, ascertaining the purpose of visit and directing them to appropriate staff.
- Assigning the patient to Diagnosis-Related Groups (GRGs), using appropriate computer software.
- Compiling and maintaining the patients' medical records to document condition and treatment and to provide data for research or cost control and care improvement efforts.
- Entering data, such as demographic characteristics, history, and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures, or treatment into computer.
- Releasing information to persons or agencies according to HIPAA compliance and regulations.
- Retrieving patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Reviewing records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
Associate Of Arts
Front Office Assistant Coordinator Resume
Summary : Motivated and ambitious Front Office Assistant Coordinator with a highly effective communication style. Efficient worker who demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills. Skill Highlights: CPR/ First Aid certified, Patient-focused care, Compassionate, Efficient and reliable worker, Committed team player, Ability to remain calm and level-headed under stressful circumstances.To acquire a position with a team of leaders, bringing support as well as enthusiasm and energy to the group.
Skills : Transcribing, Cash, Correspondence, Ordering, Payments, Billing, Clerical, Customer Service, Insurance Billing
- Working at the reception desk, answering phones, greeting, and communicating with patients and providers.
- Promoting continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating with other staff members the status of patients for which care is provided.
- Processing and verifying the eligibility of insurance policies of patients.
- Performing clerical duties such as word processing, data entry, answering phones, and filing.
- Verifying and entering patient personal information, insurance, and employment information.
- Processing insurance claims and ensuring that CPT codes along with ICD-9 codes were added consistently.
- Collecting payment from patients, recording and updating financial information, and patient charges.
- Maintaining patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Organizing, sorting, distributing incoming communication including faxes, mail, my compass messages, and email.
Bachelors of Science
Front Office Assistant Resume
Objective : Highly motivated Front Office Assistant with extensive customer service background and strong interpersonal skills. Professional Front Office Assistant with over four years experience seeks a position within a medical environment, bringing the following knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Skills : Medical Billing, Medical Invoicing, Problem Solving, Receptionist, Retail Sales, Time Management, Associate
- Scheduled and confirmed patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.
- Greeted visitors, ascertained the purpose of visit, and directed them to appropriate staff.
- Recorded patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepared treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interviewed patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Authorized drug refills and provided prescription information to pharmacies.
- Aided patients in the understanding of financial responsibility personally as well as insurance coverage.
- Opened, sorted and routed incoming mail, answering correspondence and prepared outgoing mail.
- Compiled, copied, sorted and filed records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
BS in Healthcare Management