Juvenile Corrections Officer Resume
Objective : To obtain a career that allows to help people, while supporting family. Relationship & consensus builder, from unionized labor to executive management.
Skills : Youth Mental Health First Aid, Report Writing, Inmate Cell Extraction, Verbal Communication.
- Supervised Students.
- Responsible for the security and safety of juvenile inmates.
- Kept all debris pick up off grounds and floors.
- Sweep, mop, strip, and wax floors.
- Received, in-processed, maintained care of, and release juveniles under jurisdiction of local, state, and federal courts.
- Maintained physical safety and security of personnel and equipment within and immediately without the detention facility.
- Complied with a five (5) year driving record background check requirement.
Bachelor Of Arts Sociology
Sr. Juvenile Corrections Officer Resume
Objective : Proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little or no supervision, proven leadership abilities, excellent interpersonal communication, twelve years' experience within the Criminal Justice field with two years of teaching experience at the Collegiate level.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Administering Programs, Supervising Employees, Expressing Ideas Orally .
- Worked rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Participated in all training which included travel.
- Completed a Child Care & Indian Child Care Worker Position form to support suitability for tribal employment, to authorize a background investigation, and to certify the accuracy of all information.
- Participated and successfully passed tests for the presence of controlled substances as part of the pre-employment selection process.
- Implemented policies, procedures and techniques to ensure public safety, security and control of juvenile offenders.
- Maintained order ensuring sight and sound supervision of offenders.
- Inspected living units to locate contraband and to report on conditions affecting the health and safety of offenders.
Jr. Juvenile Corrections Officer Resume
Headline : Most of work experience consists of working in a psych hospital on a dual diagnosis unit performing room checks, supervising patients and taking vitals such as blood pressures ,temperatures, pluses and doing acct checks, phone assessments and intakes.
Skills : Exceptional communication , strong work ethic, dedicated, highly organized, detail oriented.
- Monitored activities of County Home School residents to ensure a safe environment -
- Helped residents develop positive social interaction and problem .
- Frequently checked on offenders deemed to be special risks or who are on security status; reports critical conditions and incidents to appropriate authorities.
- Served as a member of a treatment team to determine which programs, methods and experiences are appropriate for the treatment of juvenile offenders.
- Provided counseling and instruction to offenders by directing their daily activities.
- Maintained order during all activities, teaches structured behavioral management classes and teaches problem solving skills to help them learn accountability and to achieve worthwhile personal goals.
- Observed, recorded and reported health symptoms, behavior and other significant problems of offenders, and assists in the processing and dispensing of medical orders and medications.
Asst. Juvenile Corrections Officer Resume
Summary : Health Service Technician experienced at registering patients, scheduling appointments and recording and filing patient medical records. Enters orders and information quickly and accurately. Juvenile Corrections Officer experienced in supervising youths and ensuring safety and security to all juvenile inmates.
Skills : Data Entry, Management.
- Supervised recreational activities.
- Wrote, reviewed and communicated necessary reports during shift.
- Ensured safety and security for all juvenile inmates.
- Supervised and monitored unit through daily routines.
- Documented and maintained records through computer inventory Organized residents' daily physical .
- Provided advice to individual juvenile residents on personal problems they encountered while in the facility such as peer pressure.
- Kept continual track of the number of juvenile residents under direct supervision through periodic head counts and reports all movements of juvenile residents in areas both inside and outside the facility.
Associate Juvenile Corrections Officer Resume
Objective : Secure employment with a company that is established and allows employee growth.
Skills : Microsoft Officer, O.C. Spray, HWC.
- Provided advice to individual juvenile residents on personal problems.
- Kept continual track of the number of juvenile residents under direct supervision through periodic head counts and reports .
- Patroled various locations within the facility for the purpose of checking safety and security hazards such as fire, smoke, broken pipes.
- Met troubled and at risked youth who have made bad decisions in their lives but still saw so much good and potential in them.
- Used Emotional, educational, and social development in a non-threatening atmosphere.
- Supervised and/or participated in various recreation programs and activities with juvenile residents.
- Taught supervised and/or participated in various daily living activities with juvenile residents.
Juvenile Corrections Officer III Resume
Summary : To obtain a responsible and challenging position that will offer professional and personal growth.
Skills : Operations Input Into CMS+ And Excel Microsoft Programs, Report Writing And Documentation In Microsoft Word.
- Supervised and interacted 8-12 teen-aged juveniles.
- Confined to a secure detention facility Conduct preplanning to ensure the residents are treated .
- Supervised and monitored inmates care and custody.
- Implemented policies, procedures and regulations.
- Responded to and investigated complaints.
- Supervised residents in their daily activities.
- Supervised programs, and court ordered Sanction House program, escorted resident to and from court, .
Bachelor's Of Liberal Arts
Juvenile Corrections Officer I Resume
Objective : Enthusiastic, driven individual with BRS (Behavioral Rehabilitation Services) and Group Home experience. Previous Supervisor at Group Home working with troubled and behavioral youth. Excellent people talking and communication skills with both adults and children ages 6-18 years old.
Skills : Electronic, hard copy records management, email Microsoft Office Outlook Excel.
- Responsible for Policy and Procedure, Behavioral Management, Social Development, and the Activities Planning .
- Assigned to various posts, Accounting for all equipment daily, making sure all youth detained within are safe and secure at all times and are held .
- Conducted head counts to ensure that each prisoner is present.
- Monitored conduct of prisoners in housing unit, or during work or recreational activities, according to established policies, regulations, and procedures, to prevent escape or violence.
- Recorded information, such as prisoner identification, charges, and incidences of inmate disturbance, and keep daily logs of prisoner activities.
- Searched prisoners and vehicles and conduct shakedowns of cells for valuables and contraband, such as weapons or drugs.
- Used weapons, handcuffs, and physical force to maintain discipline and order among prisoners.
Certification In Corrections
Juvenile Corrections Officer Resume
Objective : To obtain an entry-level position where able to be an asset to the company, as well as learn, and grow in a strong industry.
Skills : Administrative, Customer Service, Security.
- Processed or booked convicted individuals into prison.
- Settled disputes between inmates.
- Provided to supervisors oral and written reports of the quality and quantity of work performed by inmates, inmate disturbances and rule violations, and unusual occurrences.
- Took prisoners into custody and escort to locations within and outside of facility, such as visiting room, courtroom, or airport.
- Nine years Managed youth in a medium security detention center.
- Mentored and influenced troubled youth through modeling of positive behavior.
- Provided detailed reports regarding altercations, isolation of residents, disciplinary actions, medical maintenance and other reports as required.
Certification In OSHA
Juvenile Corrections Officer/Executive Resume
Objective : Organized, detail oriented, develops positive rapport with all levels of staff and patients.
Skills : Microsoft Ofice, Special Events Management.
- Screened individuals for visitations by use of metal detection apparatus (wands and security detection fields).
- Monitored outside perimeter and inside facility via video closed circuit security system and walk around.
- Operated multi-system control panel involving electronic security doors for the entire building.
- Fostered teamwork in high stress restraints and suicide attempts using effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Provided secure transportation of inmates to and from court, clinical, and transfers/outplacements to other facilities.
- Trained and certified yearly in defensive tactics.
- Transported inmates to and from court hearings, medical facilities, classes or recreational activities.
Certification In OSHA Training For General Industry
Juvenile Corrections Officer Resume
Headline : Experience in leadership, able to lead and mentor as well as listen and take guidance with little to no supervision. Strong skills in teamwork, accepting challenges, and completing those challenges. Exceptional organizational skills, able to integrate details and coordinate implied tasks to accomplish time sensitive projects, while depicting professionalism and confidence.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Typing 65 WPM, Typing 65 WPM, Written Communication, Customer Service, Computer.
- Worked with therapeutic teams to facilitate group discussions and counseling sessions.
- Guarded inmates in penal institution in accordance with established polices.
- Observed inmates behavior in order to prevent disturbances and escapes.
- Guarded and directed inmates during work assignments.
- Screen visitors.
- Prepared written reports concerning incidents of inmate's disturbances and injuries.
- Obtained and received merchandise, totaled bills, accept payments and made change for customers in the store.
High School Diploma