Legal Administrative Specialist Resume
Objective : Provide administrative support to include calendar scheduling and arranging meetings for General Manager, department functions and other events Reconcile General Managers p-card statement and ensure that it is approved by the monthly deadline.
Skills : Customer Service, SharePoint Development And Customization, Business Administration, Training-Teaching.
- Counseled veterans, their dependents, and their beneficiaries via telephone regarding the full array of benefits available through the Department of Veterans Affairs, as well as non-VA benefits available through other organizations concerned with veterans.
- Explained the types of documents necessary to facilitate timely processing of claims and provided assistance in obtaining and completing such documents and forms in accordance with the type of claim being submitted.
- Explained decisions and reasons for the decisions made by the VA and communicated the information both orally and in writing to the veterans.
- Performed claim-related work such as change of address, direct deposits, check tracers,etc.
- Mentored and trained newly hired employees.
- Aided in training and mentoring new employees due to expertise in this position.
- Learned and managed multiple information systems to adjust, reinstate, suspend, compute, and terminate benefits for claimants newly awarded benefits and those who were already receiving benefits.
Bachelor Of Science
Sr. Legal Administrative Specialist Resume
Summary : To obtain a human resources retirement position that will utilize vast experience in processing federal employees and survivor benefits applications under the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS), the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), Federal Employees Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLP), and Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP).
Skills : Legal Research, And Analysis Of Laws, Rules And Regulations.
- Reviewed final decisions/legal briefs and retirement records to determine the whether the facts support the decisions.
- Analyzed facts of the cases and researched laws, regulations, Merit Systems Protection Board cases and Federal Circuit Court decisions to determine the best action in the appeals before the Merit Systems Protection Board.
- Planned strategy for OPM's defense of its position in complex and precedent setting cases.
- Prepared written responses to the initial appeal, and assembled the necessary documents for submission to the MSPB.
- Prepared written responses to all motions, interrogatories, stipulations of facts, and other related legal documents.
- Prepared briefs to the MSPB to support OPM's rationale for adjudicative decisions of specific benefits.
- Investigated any claims by the appellants and developed evidence to refute the appellants' claims.
- Located witnesses and prepared witnesses who had knowledge of the facts of the appeal.
Bachelor Of Arts
Jr. Legal Administrative Specialist Resume
Objective : Eager to work for a leading organization, that will allow me to utilize extensive administration knowledge and help me build a career in Human Resources.
Skills : Leading, Customer Service, Financial Reporting, Team Building, Supervision, Strategic Planning, Data Analysis.
- Worked Processing Unit is to determine whether Bureau records reflect any information on a person, place or thing that is requested.
- Reviewed records to determine if it is relevant to FOIA/PA requests, search FBI's central records system for records that may be responsive to FOIA/PA requests.
- Prepared responsive materials as appropriate, and retrieving analyzing request records to find responsive information.
- Reviewed each request for subject matters to be searched, Scan original records into for electronic storage and processing.
- Created search slips information, Outgoing & Incoming letters, and other Administrative documentation.
- Performed analytical and declassification processing to the Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO) and Department of Justice.
- Conducted FBI systematic declassification reviews and enhanced research of all FBI classified records of permanent historical value.
Legal Administrative Specialist III Resume
Summary : Contracts analyst, administrator, negotiator, writer for the telecommunications industry, negotiating wholesale and retail contracts for diverse client groups within the telecom industry. Legal/contracts experience.
Skills : Microsoft Office; DocuSign; SalesForce; Access.
- Managed the workload for attorneys, consultants, and law clerks in the litigation group.
- Prepared draft motions, discovery documents, jury instructions.
- Interviewed clients in asbestos lawsuit.
- Conferred with outside counsel, investigators, and opposing counsel on cases.
- Set court dates with court clerks.
- Performed legal research; wrote legal memoranda.
- Responsible for docketing control database.
Certificate In Program
Legal Administrative Specialist II Resume
Summary : Over 10+ years experience in various areas of accounting/bookkeeping, including payroll processing, payments processing, court costs processing financial statements, bank transactions, cash flow, annual reports, invoicing, budget, and ledgering. Effective office administration skills and multi-tasking.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office, Basic Spanish, Analytical, Writing, Editing, Problem Solving, Research, Customer Service.
- Applied Court issued laws to protect sensitive information.
- Collaborated with special agents and executive management on sensitive National Security information.
- Managed project cases, assign sections to employees and encourage to meet deadlines.
- Orchestrated plans to complete large project cases that require team work.
- Communicated to employees and management displaying advanced knowledge of assigned laws to freedom of information.
- Read daily to acquire historical knowledge and present knowledge to aid in analyzing and disseminating information.
- Acted as a liaison for beneficiaries, district officers, and attorneys to resolve processing problems and issues.
Legal Administrative Specialist I Resume
Headline : Experienced analyst working in Records Management and Information Dissemination Research experience working for the 9/11 Commission Task Force Supervisory Experience under the Freedom of Information-Privacy (FOI/PA) Act Takes initiative to meet personal and professional goals Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Skills : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Responsible for working independently on a daily basis using established procedures.
- Processed work typically assigned according to system or priorities established by management.
- Made the final determinations on the full range of post-adjudicative actions such as: disability and retirement claims, entitlement and non-entitlement to benefits.
- Interpreted and implemented with accuracy, overpayment collections procedures defined in (POMS).
- Contacted debtors in writing the reason and the amount of overpayment for collection actions.
- Followed established SSA guidelines and procedures to determine if waivers should have been given and set up repayment agreements and when the Requests for Waiver of overpayment are less than $500.00 received .
- Established the Master Beneficiary Record that holds detail history of the beneficiaries T2 record.
- Made determinations to re-entitle and/or continue entitlement for previously entitled beneficiaries such as: life to survivors and continuation of student benefits.
- Used my vast knowledge of SSA's systems, policies and procedures to interpret issues not clearly defined in the POMS in organized written notices to beneficiaries.
Assistant Legal Administrative Specialist Resume
Headline : Highly dedicated individual who exhibits the highest degree of professionalism, a strong proponent of training and development, focused on improving organizational performance with strong communication skills. Also, effective in communicating with individuals at any level and background. Serve as catalyst for positive change and provide leadership based on inverted pyramid philosophy, infusing organizations with client-centric policies and service as the top priority.
Skills : Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office.
- Responsible for providing multiple means of office communications to various audiences throughout the Office of Disability.
- Attended meetings with Senior Leaders.
- Recorded and disseminated meeting minutes.
- Prepared staff packages for review, coordination, and signature.
- Created correspondences, letters, and spreadsheets using Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint, which allowed me to research new business and management practices to support changes in SSA's programs and policy.
- Reviewed and edited correspondences for formatting and grammatical errors.
- Interpreted administrative policies and provide guidance on applications to office personnel.
- Compiled data and prepares administrative status reports for review at all levels.
Associate Legal Administrative Specialist Resume
Objective : Committed and organized administrative professional skilled in cultivating relationships and providing detailed project support. Adept in office management, conflict resolution, negotiation, and customer service. Relationship-building Information Organization Event Coordination Process Improvement Documentation Regulatory Compliance Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Skills : Print Production, Legal Administration, Writing & Editing, Newsletter Writing & Design, Military Journalism, Marketing.
- Coordinated end-to-end monthly client invoicing process, including fee tracking, bill generation and detailed review, incorporation of edits, and regulating timekeeper protocol compliance.
- Conducted comprehensive conflicts checks and maintained firm-wide contact database.
- Managed intake of new clients, including drafting engagement letters and establishing new matters across multiple platforms and systems.
- Supported office administrator in projects, including trust administration, firm budgeting and reporting, and hiring-related capacities.
- Assisted with Accounts Payable as backup coordinator.
- Cut first-draft billing process time in half while significantly improving error rate.
- Developed firm standards on billing, conflicts checking, intake, reconciliation, and troubleshooting.
Legal Administrative Specialist/Executive Resume
Objective : Detail-Oriented Worker with Technical Background. Proven results in Quality Assurance and Technical Guidance. Commended for positive, can-do attitude and adaptability in a broad range of assignments, possessing the ability to provide 100% dedication and reliability in every situation.
Skills : Staff Sergeant, Communication.
- Explored all avenues of assistance available to veterans, beneficiaries, and dependents and takes positive action to encourage individuals to fully utilize these benefits.
- Assessed with the claimant the short-term and long-term circumstances that might influence a choice between various benefits.
- Researched issue(s) to include direct contact with RO of jurisdiction if warranted, or in course of research with other Federal or state agencies as necessary.
- Followed-up with the veteran or caller on results of research.
- Explained the types of documents necessary to facilitate timely processing of claims and provides assistance in obtaining and completing such documents and forms in accordance with the type of claim being submitted.
- Explained decisions and reasons for the decisions made by the VA and communicates (verbally or in writing) this information to the claimant.
- Led adoption of and enforced compliance with outside counsel billing standards.
- Organized and managed continuing legal education classes for 65 lawyers.
Legal Administrative Specialist Resume
Summary : Experienced professional seeking new position to utilize strong analytical, problem solving, research, and customer service skills.
Skills : Event Coordination, Microsoft Office, Organizational.
- Handpicked for Declassification project.
- Reviewed over 40,000 documents to date pursuant to Presidential Executive Order.
- Charged with systematic declassification review of various levels of FBI intelligence and national security information.
- Ensured proper classification and protections of intelligence materials up to and including Top Secret classification.
- Ensured proper protection of sensitive FBI sources that are not classified but required national security sensitivities.
- Trained new contracting staff.
- Conducted a Quality Assurance program.
- Assisted the Inventory Manager in maintaining organization of documents from the beginning of the process to the end of the process.
- Entered all relevant data into a multi-agency database to notate classified data in specific documents.