Licensed Veterinary Technician Resume
Headline : To obtain a Licensed Veterinary Technician position as a medical technologist in the microbiology department.
Skills : Anesthesia, Canine And Feline Restraint, Impromed, Cornerstone.
- Worked the overnight shift Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
- Learned about emergency medicine such as triaging and stabilizing critical patients.
- Worked shifts with one other LVT, one assistant, and the doctor.
- Treated hospitalized patients and participated in critical emergencies such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, allergic reactions, heat stroke, seizures, and other such emergencies.
- Utilized the in house blood machines and took radiographs quite often.
- Responsible for daily nursing care and husbandry of in-house patients and boarding animals.
- Performed routine lab functions, vet test analyzer, fecal floatation, urine samples, skin scrapings, cytology.
- Anesthetized patients, maintain medical records, hardcopy, and software (Avimark), hospital treatments (IV catheters, administer medications (PO, SQ, IM, IV), prescriptions, monitoring), assist surgeon as requested.
Sr. Licensed Veterinary Technician Resume
Summary : Highly skilled Licensed Veterinary Technician with strong clinical judgment and Twenty and analysis, and veterinary leadership in clinical and laboratory settings.
Skills : Reading comprehension, Service oriented, Judgement and Decision making.
- Educated Investigators, staff, and colleagues in animal handling, restraint, and medical procedures.
- Maintained accurate Controlled Drug logs.
- Maintained inventory, ordered as needed, and removed expired items.
- Examined surgical instruments and equipment to ensure that they were in good working condition.
- Cleaned, lubricated, and sterilized instruments.
- Scheduled equipment for yearly maintenance and repair.
- Administered by injection, topical, and oral routes.
Jr. Licensed Veterinary Technician Resume
Summary : Strong knowledge of animal behavior, dietary needs, training methods, behavioral triggers, capture, and restraint methods. Excel at working with exotics. Adept at handling various species protected, rabies vector, exotics, and others. Assisted veterinarians with all aspects of animal care, including surgical, emergency, in-office, and hospital procedures.
Skills : Taking X-rays, Anesthesia Monitoring, Client Education, Vaccinations.
- Leveraged vet tech training and experience to care for a wide range of animals.
- Assisted board-certified Avian vets with anesthesia, surgical and dental procedures, emergency care, and treatment of domesticated and exotic animals.
- Worked with diverse species from domestic pets, fish and amphibians to wild animals, including large cats, birds of prey, softbills, primates, colubrids, and crocodilians.
- Provided expertise and training to animal control officers; educated them about restraint methods for birds of prey and large reptiles.
- Represented organization in media.
- Delivered presentations on wildlife rehab, birds of prey.
- Ensured compliance with recording requirements during transport.
- Worked with vets on physical exams and health records for zoo animals (lions, elephants, primates, alligators, pythons, etc).
AS In Veterinary
Licensed Veterinary Technician III Resume
Summary : Over the years have developed great skill and interest in dental radiography. Other particular areas of interest include clinical pathology and nutrition.
Skills : Infinity, Avimark, Cornerstone, Spec Vet, Dicom, Quattro.
- Hired after a 2-month externship.
- Performed dental on anesthetized animals.
- Worked with a variety of species including pet and farm birds, pocket pets (primarily rats, guinea pigs, and ferrets), reptiles, goats, pigs, and monkeys.
- Operated diagnostic equipment such as radiographic and ultrasound equipment and interpreted the resulting images.
- Collected body tissue, feces, blood, urine or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
- Cleaned and maintained laboratory equipment.
- Developed dietary and nutritional plans to reach optimal weight, stimulate healing and increase the quality of life.
- Bathed, trimmed and provided other grooming services for domestic pets.
Licensed Veterinary Technician II Resume
Summary : Assist veterinary staff in caring for the health and welfare for a variety of laboratory animals. Assist with provision of standard veterinary care, training for staff members; document accurate medical records.
Skills : Medical, Healthcare, Veterinary Technician.
- Managed the daily operations of the hospital.
- Supervised approximately 20 to 35 employees and veterinarians.
- Handled the hiring and firing of personnel and yearly reviews.
- Leveraged excellent organizational skills in maintaining vendor contracts.
- Ensured complete adherence to the OSHA program and building maintenance operations.
- Maintained cash logs and prepared monthly cash statement reports, ensured accurate cash collection and daily monitoring, researching, clearing and calculating credit card cash receipts.
- Made calculations and prepared monthly adjusting journal entries with all the records of bank fees, interest income, recurring ACH credits, auto pays, uncashed as well as bounced checks.
Bachelor Of Science
Licensed Veterinary Technician I Resume
Objective : A highly organized, self-motivated professional with strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills seeking to use my Veterinary Technician License while continuing to learn and advance in the veterinary field.
Skills : Team Building & Leadership.
- Administered medications, vaccines and treatments prescribed by the veterinarian including trim nails, express anal glands, collect blood, stool and urine samples.
- Administered and performed various diagnostic tests including barium series, gastrography, digital radiographs, BG curves and specific blood work testing (ACTH, LDDST, Bile acids, etc.).
- Prepared animals for surgery, intubate, administer sedation & anesthesia, monitor patients, assist veterinarians as directed and recovering patients.
- Performed dental cleanings and dental extractions.
- Sterilized instruments and surgical equipment.
- Provided excellent client communication and education.
- Maintained, detailed medical records and gather appropriate case history.
Asst. Licensed Veterinary Technician Resume
Objective : Licensed veterinary technician with more than 11 years of experience in small animal practice and 10 months of experience in a busy emergency facility. Hard-working, responsible and dedicated employee with emphasis on teamwork and patient care.
Skills : Cold Laser Therapy, Dental Radiology, Ultrasound Certification.
- Administered safe and appropriate nursing care.
- Prepared patients for various surgical procedures.
- Relied upon for after-hours emergency cases.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of in-house and laboratory diagnostics.
- Administered laser therapy.
- Ran and monitored anesthetic protocols.
- Assisted veterinarians in positioning patients for procedures such as radiographs (including dental radiography), ultrasound, and echocardiograms.
- Worked closely with companion animals as well as experience with pocket pets, exotics, and avian species.
Associate Licensed Veterinary Technician Resume
Objective : Licensed Veterinary Technician with 19 years experience as a veterinary technician. Currently lead technician at a two-veterinarian hospital, have worked in several clinic settings, including technician in a two-person mobile clinic. Highly skilled in all aspects of veterinary technology. Currently seeking full time employment.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Word, Powerpoint, AVImark, Intravet, And Prezi.
- Performed patient venipunctures.
- Monitored anesthesia during surgical procedures.
- Coordinated various types hematological procedures.
- Dispensed medications.
- Performed proper positioning of patients for developing radio graphs.
- Performed dental prophylaxis and dental charting.
- Performed husbandry work with in house patients.
- Discussed Client Education including the use of new products.
- Created relationships with pet owners.
Licensed Veterinary Technician/Specialist Resume
Summary : Seeking a knowledgeable and skilled Veterinary Technician to join our fast-paced Emergency Team. Assist with protocol development and writing, manage the sanitation verification program, and review of research records.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Word Perfect, Windows, Mac OS, Infinity.
- Assisted internist with appointments.
- Assisted with ultrasounds.
- Provided nursing care to hospitalized patients.
- Collected urine and fecal samples for necessary laboratory tests.
- Prepared various tissue samples for cytology evaluation and laboratory submission.
- Assisted with endoscopy procedures.
- Performed venipuncture from various sites for necessary laboratory tests.
- Performed intravenous and urethral catheterization.
- Monitored anesthetized patients for necessary diagnostic procedures.
Associates In Veterinary
Licensed Veterinary Technician Resume
Summary : Licensed Veterinary Technician should be proficient in both inpatient and outpatient technician duties, have a working knowledge of emergency, surgical and laboratory techniques and remain calm during stressful situations.
Skills : Knowledge of animal behavior, Animal husbandry.
- Triaged incoming critically ill/injured animals.
- Provided nursing care to critically ill hospitalized patients.
- Prepared patients for procedures and surgery as needed by a veterinarian.
- Prepared and processed patient blood, urine, or feces as needed for laboratory testing.
- Processed radiographs appropriate species size and image requirements.
- Followed all guidelines for radiology safety.
- Administered anesthetic agents, monitored anesthetized patients for necessary surgery, treatment or diagnostic procedure.
Associates In Veterinary