Material Planner Resume
Summary : Material planning and supply chain experience, internal/external/offshore collaboration expertise and solid track record of building strategic business relationships and driving efficient project and process management.
Skills : Adobe Acrobat, Brand Management, Customer Service,.
- Developed and oversaw inventory pipeline to efficiently, consistently, and cost-effectively meet the needs of rapidly growing global market segment with emphasis on building stable, long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrated flexibility and foresight in analyzing Access-based materials requirements planning (MRP) and forecasting data and proactively made program recommendations to ensure timely fulfillment for average of 15 to 20 customers simultaneously.
- Utilized JDA (Manugistics) Demand Planning Software to make modifications, as needed to improve demand planning efficiencies and productivity, and gain immediate visibility into forecast change impacts.
- Conducted training throughout the Material Planning and Sales teams through Power Point and Excel presentations, technical writing, and developing training materials.
- Managed and negotiated schedules and processes through excellent communication and interpersonal relationships between business units and external customers.
- Coordinated opening of consignments and in-plant stores for 3 to 4 customers by analyzing lead times, delivery times, and purchase frequency to determine type of products and inventory level to maintain.
- Used EDI and e-commerce systems for analyzing key customer trends in material requirements and forecasts.
Production/Material Planner Resume
Objective : Over 5+ years of professional experience in the supply chain management. Effective interpersonal and communications skills with follow through and attention to detail Great ability to learn quickly and anticipate needs while working on multiple projects and tasks.
Skills : SAP, Logistics Management, Automotive, Capacity Planning, Materials Management.
- Execute and release purchase requisitions identifying the material, quantity and date required to meet forecasted customer demand.
- Coordinate timing of purchase, acceptance, and routing of materials based on program need.
- Ensure material quality for programs through inspection, analysis, and testing.
- Prioritize and expedite incoming material as necessary to fulfill manufacturing requirements.
- Supports the organization's goals by managing and coordinating the supply and demand of programs and the availability of items either manufactured or purchased that support meeting our customer's goals and expectations.
- Understand requirements both from procurement and in-house manufacturing - including attrition rates and any additional material needed for testing purposes.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activity with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Traffic, and Contract Administration; schedule and expedite the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers, and creating shippers.
- Provide input, based on materials availability, to the Production Planner/Master Scheduler.
B.S. In Environmental Studies
Material Planner/Coordinator Resume
Objective : Seeking a position with a group of people that will appreciate each other and can work together as a team. Find working together and appreciating each other allows for a more productive day at the office.
Skills : Quality Management, Supply Chain Management.
- Manage 25 suppliers both domestic and international that provides annual spend of about $40 million annually machining and assembly.
- Advised planners in problem solving situations related, but not limited to, mitigate risk in not meeting customer orders.
- Work with bar and pinion suppliers on reduction of lead-time and ordering period, safety stock that reduced inventory carrying cost from $1.738M down to $1.423M while improving material availability over 12 month.
- Worked with supplier to moved parts from MRP replenishment to Kanban replenishment to support reduction in inventory resulting in an inventory on- hand savings of $40K in 2015.
- Work with commodity management on improvement strategies to help relieve problematic suppliers and/or sourcing constraints.
- Review open requisition report to determine all purchasing requisitions need to meet demand.
- Interface with required functional groups to resolve challenging delivery requirements.
- Maintain open line of communication with suppliers by sending weekly forecast and open orders reports to assure updated information was readily available to meet our schedule need.
Bachelor Of Science
Material Planner/Buyer Resume
Summary : Accomplished and energetic Material Planner (Buyer) with a solid history of achievement in procurement and planning in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities. Areas of expertise include negotiations, supplier development, and time management.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Customer Service, As400, Data Entry, Database Management, Forecasting, Inventory Management, Inventory Control, Key Account Management, Kanban, Oracle, Powerpoint, Risk Management, Strategic Planning, Typing, Vendor Management.
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers' plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Attend meetings, trade shows, conferences, conventions, and seminars to network with people in other purchasing departments.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
A.A.S In Business
Inventory Analyst/Material Planner Resume
Summary : To obtain a position as a Material Planner/Business Systems Analyst or equal challenging position within a successful and growing company.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Excel, MRP Systems, Email System.
- Create, release, and manage all purchase orders to support production planning Maintain all inventory levels on a FIFO method status and that orders for non-stock items are processed in a timely and effective fashion.
- Monitor and negotiate with suppliers on contracts to obtain best pricing, quality and lead time.
- Continuously monitor production needs and evaluate continuous improvement areas on the production floor as it pertains to procurement and plant efficiencies.
- Sit in on large RFP contract negotiations directly with suppliers.
- Perform scheduled cycle counts and yearend inventory on all inventoried items.
- Generate, support, and review inventory status reports for item usage, including unusual demands/usage, and assure that inventory levels will be adequate to support production plans.
- Prepare reports, summaries, and analyses on subjects related to planning utilizing MRP.
- Assigned special projects and studies related to inventory planning, procedures, and inventory levels relating to cost and warehouse utilization.
B.A. In Finance
Sr. Material Planner Resume
Summary : Operations experience and success in all kinds of Production Procedures and Policies projects that include Production, Quality, Inventory, Fast learner Purchasing and Distribution. Business development experience Ability to balance complex and conflicting Engineering/project management experience constraints so as to maximize them Economic modeling/business analysis skills.
Skills : Business Strategy, Business Planning, Operational Planning, Inventory Planning, Financial Planning.
- Check customer websites for updating and reconciling 862 and 830 demand requirements while checking for compliance per any changes, updates or problems.
- Create schedules based on customer requirements, lead times and the best economic order quantity.
- Create bank builds to assure customer demands are met when line outage may be necessary for maintenance and line upgrades.
- Create customer shippers and bills of lading to meet customer requirements per their schedules.
- Balance the schedules with available resources so to maximize operations and drive efficiency.
- Work with suppliers to improve their deliveries so cost can be controlled and reduced.
- Work with the logistics to reduce material Handling, transportation cost and improve deliveries.
- Mathematics, Computer and Analysis to model spreadsheets to document schedule attainment and customer requirements to keep operational plan updated with a balance schedule to make sure we were meeting customer demands on a proactive basis.
Material Planner/Purchasing Analyst Resume
Summary : Twelve years of experience in increasingly demanding logistics positions, with extensive knowledge in various proprietary inventory management systems. Excellent capacity for guiding and training logistics professionals, in effective logistics management practices, while executing innovative critical decision making within a fast paced, high stress environments, to ensure timely fulfillment of mission- critical logistics projects.
Skills : Expertise In MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Enterprise Solution Supply System, FEDLOG, & Automated Business Service System.
- Responsible for inventory management for assigned parts and process required to ensure material input, to support customer requirements while financial inventory objectives are accomplished.
- Handles customer complaints involving supply and delivery.
- Coordinates planning and scheduling activities for assigned commodity utilizing advanced planning tools to release optimized material plans to the organization.
- Maintains an accurate inventory schedule in order products and manufacturing materials are delivered on time.
- Upholds manufacturing Bill of Materials (BOM) accuracy for selected sub-contract or joint venture sites, and coordinate any customs/freight forwarding activities required.
- Analyzes data and collaborate a subsequent application of appropriate order, inventory, and replenishment policies using Oracle database.
- Interface with Demand Management, Shop Scheduling, and configuration control, all sources of supply, customer service reps, and or GE organizations as required.
Supply Chain Management
Jr. Material Planner Resume
Headline : Supply Chain Manager/Supervisor with a MBA and Green Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification offering excellent analytical, organizational, technical, communication and leadership abilities. Results-proven total process improvement leader. Supervisory experience: training, coaching and mentoring supply chain and purchasing staffs. Accompanied outside sales staff on client presentations to domestic and international customers.
Skills : Supply Chain, Supervisor, Pricing Analyst Manufacturing, Operations, Customer Service.
- Managed branch inventory levels as well as pipeline and planned inventory to meet the delivery requirements and materials planning needs of customers.
- Included: branch inventory and financial turns, analysis of customer buying patterns against forecasts and adjustment of pipeline to ensure on time delivery of orders, plan and pipeline product for cares/in-plant store customers.
- Researched potential suppliers for values based on price, service, quality, and delivery times.
- Results achieved: Top performer of return on investment in ROI goal 120% achieved 321% ROI level.
- Out-performed inventory turns goal of 8% achieved 18% on key accounts.
- Achieved third highest 98% on time delivery percentage based on Arrow Electronics metrics and 96% on time performance as measured by largest customer metrics.
- Managed over 12,000 sku based on top ten customer per account base.
- Initiated TPI of order no touch program and Rohs directive with increase sales efficiency of 30% weekly.
Master Of Business
Material Planner/Production Coordinator Resume
Headline : To obtain a position where I may use my experience to benefit my employer while allowing myself an opportunity to grow. Eager to utilize my college education, office, and management experience as well.
Skills : Internet Applications, Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Demand Resource Planning Software, SAP.
- Investigated packaging improvement options and implemented changes improving work cell efficiency.
- Calculated cost savings to corporation of $50,000+ and a cost recovery of nearly $500,000.
- Reduced manpower by 12 people and generated $750,000+ cost savings by identifying waste and standardizing material delivery methods and reducing safety hazards.
- Managed project activities, organized resources and implemented changes for mid-cycle enhancement product successfully with no production downtime and minimal obsolescence.
- Coordinated transfer of equipment to another facility supporting a critical machine breakdown and implemented scheduled deliveries of finished product saving $14.4M+ during a 72-hour period.
- Improved efficiency of material delivery by examining systems processes for delivery schedules.
- Implemented new methods streamlining schedule of inbound deliveries balancing manpower and maximizing real estate.
Material Planner/Supervisor Resume
Objective : To obtain full-time employment with-in the Supply Chain/Logistics Industry with opportunities for advancement and growth.
Skills : Microsoft Office, SAP.
- Order all production material, sample parts, prototype trial parts and repair parts through the receipt authorization system.
- Manage Supplier Releases through model year and engineering changes to minimize obsolescence.
- Review Shortage Reports on a continual basis; escalate concerns to supplier, management and LSP (as applicable) Direct and assist suppliers to assure material is shipped in accordance with the material release and that correct communication of shipment is attained.
- Track and communicate to cross-functional teams all expedites until fully received.
- Monitor and correct all advanced shipping notice transmissions.
- Provide on-site supplier training with emphasis on material release and inventory control requirements.
- Assist in the investigation of inventory and receipt discrepancies.
- Resolve inventory discrepancies through problem solving methodologies with cross-functional teams.
Asst. Material Planner Resume
Objective : Operations professional with 7+ years of Supply chain experience. An organized self-starter with a proven track record of exceeding corporate goals and objectives. Strategic problem-solver with the ability to work across all levels of an organization to develop and implement methods of reducing costs and increasing throughput.
Skills : Planning, Procurement, Logistics.
- Designed and developed a 3 month purchasing forecast plan through the analysis of sales forecasts, current inventory and past sales history.
- Corresponded with suppliers daily on inventory run-out/run rate levels.
- Compiled and released purchasing requisitions and purchase orders in accordance to forecast plan.
- Managed and adjusted min-max levels and safety stock levels based upon current and historic analysis.
- Produced and released WIP assembly jobs to production based on min/max parameters.
- Targeted inactive inventory for return to vendors, negotiated terms on return of product with suppliers.
- Facilitated production meetings including providing clear solutions to the business backlog as well as presenting backlog status on equipment.
- Performed the function of liaison between all departments on the delivery of equipment and reporting on-time delivery performances.
Material Planner Resume
Objective : Currently coordinate and manage flow of materials, parts, and assemblies from a global supply base in support of local production operations. Determine material requirements and develop delivery schedules to minimize inventory while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction. Seeking a purchasing position with a leading company that can help me build my current skills.
Skills : Microsoft Office, ERP,.
- Review production schedules and related information to establish material safety stock and target inventory levels for assigned materials.
- Comply and maintain records such as material inventory, in process production reports, and status and location of materials.
- Manage periodic cycle counts and physical inventory activities.
- Create material planning schedules and maintains acceptable inventory levels and targets.
- Communicate effectively with suppliers to ensure timely deliveries.
- Arrange all required outside processing of materials/parts.
- Interact with various departments to track and coordinate engineering changes for assigned parts.
- Review the inventory balances for assigned parts to verify balances and accuracy; if discrepancies are discovered, I perform the necessary research to find and resolve the errors.
Medical Office Support